Please See Mine

***Official Philadelphia Philies 2017 Thread*** - Preparing for the return of the Prodigal Francona

1,856 posts in this topic

Nice deadline audition by Hellboy yesterday. Sounds like the Fish and O's are interested. I prefer one of the Marlins prospects (Kolek, Naylor, Garrett) over what the O's have in their system now that Hunter Harvey is injured. No need to give him away though, he could be one of the top SP FA's this off-season and bring back a nice comp pick. 

27 minutes ago, E-Z Glider said:

Nice deadline audition by Hellboy yesterday. Sounds like the Fish and O's are interested. I prefer one of the Marlins prospects (Kolek, Naylor, Garrett) over what the O's have in their system now that Hunter Harvey is injured. No need to give him away though, he could be one of the top SP FA's this off-season and bring back a nice comp pick. 

Was at the game yesterday. He was cruising. I think he only had 2 rough spots the whole game. Very nice game for him. Hopefully we get something nice in return and he can go to a contender. Seems like a good dude.

5 hours ago, Insein said:

Was at the game yesterday. He was cruising. I think he only had 2 rough spots the whole game. Very nice game for him. Hopefully we get something nice in return and he can go to a contender. Seems like a good dude.

I was also there.  Nice work not giving me your 24-7 schedule . . .

1 minute ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I was also there.  Nice work not giving me your 24-7 schedule . . .

Right? I was at a work function anyway. We stayed in a suite. Never been to one at the Bank. It was nice. 1st base side.

Stark suggests the Phils are looking for a return on Hellickson similar to what they got for Papelbon at last years deadline. I sure hope not. I dont think Hellickson is a front-line starter or anything, but given the circumstances/contracts/etc, he has much more value than Papelbon did last year.

Rumors now that the SP market is so out of control that Hellboy may fetch 3-4 prospects. I'm pretty excited to see what they can get after seeing what the Pads got for Cashner.:excited:

1 person likes this

16 minutes ago, E-Z Glider said:

Rumors now that the SP market is so out of control that Hellboy may fetch 3-4 prospects. I'm pretty excited to see what they can get after seeing what the Pads got for Cashner.:excited:

Yeah, I seriously thought they may nab a low A prospect that playing in the GCL or something but now it sounds like they may get a package of prospects maybe.  Insane.

This is a good test for Klentak. Difference is for Hellickson he's a pure rental, it will be less than what San Diego got for an under control Cashner. 

I wouldn't mind a gentleman's agreement that they resign him in the offseason if traded. 

That being said, give us Moncada!!! :lol: 

Edited by Billy Bats

The Vazquez rumors are back again too. Anyone else disappointed with that? Supposedly worried about his arm issues and holding up. I guess if the return is worth it.... Vazquez and Altherr for Mazara? 

Gallo? Profar?

Edited by Billy Bats

Teams with scouts watching Jeremy Hellickson's start: Pirates, Yankees, Indians, Rangers, Marlins, Dodgers, Giants, Cardinals, Royals.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd nothing! YAY!!! Ok boys the GM believes in yas go get that wildcard!! 

Seriously, wtf? Is Hellickson really in your future or you're really excited about that sandwich comp pick??

Stand Matt (Klentak). 

I'm fine with keeping Hellickson. The comp pick isn't much fun to discuss right now, but it's essentially another late 1st round pick and there's certainly value in that. Now we just need to tank the rest of the season to increase our bonus pool.:thumbup:

Jake Thompson debut tonight.  

Velazquez/Eickhoff/Eflin/Thompson

Woo-ha!

Edited by Long Ball Larry
Oh right, Nola too. I could have sworn I wanted to write 5 names but was having a total brain cramp.

51 minutes ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Not trying to be a ####, but it is really sad to watch Howard in the field.

It's almost over. The sad thing will be if he tries to play next year. 

On 7/21/2016 at 9:40 AM, E-Z Glider said:

Turns out, we were thisclose to landing Naylor. :thumbdown: And so much for the nice comp pick. :thumbdown:

I worry that this team lacks superstars. They have lots of young talent, but no elite bats / arms to build around. I suppose that depth and abundance of payroll will help us acquire an ace and a big bat when we're ready in a few years.

Best news of the offseason is Kruk joining the broadcasting team. Im actually looking forward to that. :thumbup:

1 person likes this

On 2/7/2017 at 1:14 PM, E-Z Glider said:

Turns out, we were thisclose to landing Naylor. :thumbdown: And so much for the nice comp pick. :thumbdown:

I worry that this team lacks superstars. They have lots of young talent, but no elite bats / arms to build around. I suppose that depth and abundance of payroll will help us acquire an ace and a big bat when we're ready in a few years.

Best news of the offseason is Kruk joining the broadcasting team. Im actually looking forward to that. :thumbup:

It's not a worry, it's a fact.  Not to downplay Franco, Crawford, Cozins, etc but these guys are still very young and some haven't even been to the Big Dance yet.  I don't see a sure fire superstar at all.

Really enjoying watching Neshek in the WBC. Never knew he was such a spaz on the mound.

Happy to welcome amphibious pitcher Pat Venditte to the fold!

Project or die:  J.P. Crawford

Posted (edited)

I think he'll be an improvement over Galvis and/or Hernandez but I'm not entirely sure about that.

ETA:  he has to be an upgrade over Galvis, he's terrible even when approaching a 20/20 season,

Edited by Eephus

Pretty soon this will be all we have till July. Once NFL draft is over, Phillies have the stage. Ugh

Dallas Green, RIP.

Philadelphia will always love you.

2 people like this

I wasn't old enough during his most influential years but RIP Big D.

Andrew Knapp to make the team as backup catcher.  Interesting.

9 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Andrew Knapp to make the team as backup catcher.  Interesting.

Guy threw out 3 runners against the Buccos when I saw him.  I loved Chooch but that is something he did not do well.

On 3/22/2017 at 6:45 PM, Long Ball Larry said:

Dallas Green, RIP.

Philadelphia will always love you.

Never saw a manager piss the whole team off so much they literally went out and won the whole ####### thing to spite him.

1 person likes this

1. Cesar Hernandez (S) 2B
2. Howie Kendrick (R) LF
3. Odubel Herrera (L) CF
4. Maikel Franco (R) 3B
5. Michael Saunders (L) RF
6. Tommy Joseph (R) 1B
7. Cameron Rupp (R) C
8. Freddy Galvis (S) SS
9. Jeremy Hellickson (R) P

Odubel would be an excellent lead-off hitter on a good team. Franco looks like a solid #6 type hitter.

That means all this team needs is a #2, #3, #4 and #5 hitter to be good! :thumbup:

Phils currently on pace for 162-0

1 person likes this

On 4/3/2017 at 10:40 AM, E-Z Glider said:

1. Cesar Hernandez (S) 2B
2. Howie Kendrick (R) LF
3. Odubel Herrera (L) CF
4. Maikel Franco (R) 3B
5. Michael Saunders (L) RF
6. Tommy Joseph (R) 1B
7. Cameron Rupp (R) C
8. Freddy Galvis (S) SS
9. Jeremy Hellickson (R) P

Odubel would be an excellent lead-off hitter on a good team. Franco looks like a solid #6 type hitter.

That means all this team needs is a #2, #3, #4 and #5 hitter to be good! :thumbup:

Well we're going to have Trout and Machado for 2019 so really only a #2 and 5 needed! :thumbup: 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, Billy Bats said:

Well we're going to have Trout and Machado for 2019 so really only a #2 and 5 needed! :thumbup: 

Trout will hit 2, Harper 3.

1 person likes this

I don't think it will take long to realize Neris should be closing with Benoit as setup.  I love Gomie but it's starting to become clear he is more of a middle reliever than a closer.