Please See Mine

***Official Philadelphia Philies 2018 Thread*** - Arrieta and Nola and Pray for Ebola

2,093 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Billy Bats said:

Then 10/350 to Harper. :eek: 

The Philadelphia front-office has no plans to make a run at local boy Trout in a few years? 

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

The Philadelphia front-office has no plans to make a run at local boy Trout in a few years? 

Of course, according to my plan they’ll have all three! :pickle: 

But if they extend Manny, then are able to sign Harper they should do it instead of hoping to trade/wait for Trout. 

Edited by Billy Bats

1 hour ago, CentralPA said:

Keep seeing it is between LA and Philly for Muchado.

Orioles are going through medicals, so a trade has been agreed upon. No one confirming any team yet but Heyman is set on the deal being with the Dodgers. 

Holding out hope that it's an Orioles ploy to get the Phillies to cough up more.  Honestly, if they want Six Toes at this point, why not. He's 3-4 years away anyway. 

2 people like this

Ugh. They have Kemp miced up at the All Star game and they asked him about taking selfies with Machado before the game. They asked if he was going to be his new teammate. He gave a half chuckle with "I don't know what you're talking about."

Edited by Insein

8 hours ago, Billy Bats said:

Orioles are going through medicals, so a trade has been agreed upon. No one confirming any team yet but Heyman is set on the deal being with the Dodgers. 

I usually don't report anything Heyman says as he's a mouthpiece of misinformation for teams/agents. But Rosenthal is saying all but confirmed now

3 hours ago, Insein said:

Holding out hope that it's an Orioles ploy to get the Phillies to cough up more.  Honestly, if they want Six Toes at this point, why not. He's 3-4 years away anyway. 

Yeah that's what most thought but then this from Rosenthal just 30 mins ago

Can report with more certainty: Machado to #Dodgers happening. Among remaining questions, in addition to specifics of return beyond OF Yusniel Diaz: How much money, if any, #Orioles will send #Dodgers to secure a better package and help ease LAD’s luxury-tax concerns.

The good thing with the Lux tax Dodgers can't really afford to extend him. Phillies in perfect spot over all the big market clubs to give Machado and Harper and pay day. 

I know I'm in the minority, but Im glad we didn't trade valuable prospects to get Machado. I dont think he puts us over-the-top this year and I think we sign either him or Harper in the off-season anyway, so why waste the prospects now when we can get him for a measly 300M this off-season? We'll need the prospects in order to trade for another legit SP this offseason anyway.

That is that I suppose. We're still in first place when people were expecting just .500 this year. Let's see how they finish.

1 person likes this

Dozier is the second place prize for philly.  Let the trade talks start.

The Eagles won the Super Bowl, Sixers look like they could go on a decent run here for quite a while, and the Phils are in 1st place but yet we still all feel so empty inside!!!:cry:

On 7/18/2018 at 8:12 PM, Gopher State said:

Dozier is the second place prize for philly.  Let the trade talks start.

meh