What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread*** - Castellanos ****s wit Philly (6 Viewers)

Gargano claiming that the Phils offered Cosart, Singleton and another prospect for Pence but the Stros rejected it.
About what I figured. Worley and a prospect not named Cosart or Singleton is what they should go with next.Its good to see they are going hard after him them. If they were willing to move Cosart and Singleton then they are serious. I think they get him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gargano claiming that the Phils offered Cosart, Singleton and another prospect for Pence but the Stros rejected it.
He got that from Stark, who is hearing a few MLB execs thought a deal was done and Houston backed out....
In fact, over the last 24 hours, two different front-office men -- neither of whom works for the Phillies or Astros -- told us they believed the Phillies "had a deal for him" earlier in the week, only to have Houston back off.But if they're offered a package built around high-end young pitching, they'll listen. So it's believed the Phillies structured a deal around their best hitting prospect, first baseman Jonathan Singleton, and their best pitching prospect, Jarred Cosart -- both of whom are playing for Class A Clearwater -- plus another second-tier pitching prospect.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/rumblings110727/colorado-rockies-shopping-ace-ubaldojimenez

'Raider Nation said:
'Please See Mine said:
'Raider Nation said:
If the playoffs started today, give me the Phils playoff rotation. :popcorn:
Are you getting at something in particular or is this simple curiosity?
Curiosity. Worley looks pretty damn good. How long will he remain "#4" ...?
Blanton is done for the year and Worley is certainly the 4 right now. Will all depend on Oswalt's recovery/return. If he comes back and pitches well enough, it's hard to imagine Worley getting the spot over him.

He got that from Stark, who is hearing a few MLB execs thought a deal was done and Houston backed out....
In fact, over the last 24 hours, two different front-office men -- neither of whom works for the Phillies or Astros -- told us they believed the Phillies "had a deal for him" earlier in the week, only to have Houston back off.But if they're offered a package built around high-end young pitching, they'll listen. So it's believed the Phillies structured a deal around their best hitting prospect, first baseman Jonathan Singleton, and their best pitching prospect, Jarred Cosart -- both of whom are playing for Class A Clearwater -- plus another second-tier pitching prospect.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/page/rumblings110727/colorado-rockies-shopping-ace-ubaldojimenez
Seems to be heating up again according to several reports (Rosenthal, Heyman and others). Today is supposedly the Phils' deadline and it looks like Brown may be in the mix with Cosart and Singleton. I don't love the idea of giving up Brown, but you could certainly make the argument that you are at least as well off, if not better, for the future with Pence anyway.

Heard that the Phillies and Astros stand alone - all other parties are out of it. The three players the Phils give up are Cosart, Singleton, Brown... Brown is not someone that Houston wants - they wish to spin him off for multiple prospects - so both teams are seeking a 3rd party to take Brown for multiple prospects.

Heard this on 97.5 the fanatic - Jason Stark email to host.

Stark: Phillies on verge of 4-for-1 deal with Astros for Hunter Pence. Domonic Brown, Vance Worley not in deal. More to come at ESPN.com

web • 7/29/11 9:00 PM

:clap: No Worley, and more importantly no Brown involved!!

:thumbup:

Amaro is a mad man. How did he pull this off? Oh yea our favorite GM was on the other end. Thanks Eddy. You've been the best Phillies GM since 2007.

Amaro is a mad man. How did he pull this off? Oh yea our favorite GM was on the other end. Thanks Eddy. You've been the best Phillies GM since 2007.
AND uncle Ed threw in some cash too to stop us from going over the luxury tax!!! :lmao:Shouldnt there be an investigation?! :lmao:

Wow, Phillies mortgaging the future...
:rolleyes:The future is NOW baby!! Doc wants a parade, or two!!!
Ya, I understand why they are doing it, just wondering if they will regret down the road if they don't add any hardware this postseason
Would regret it more if they lost with that roster and payroll knowing they could have done just a bit more to get a better shot at winning it. The window has been shaping up to be about 2-3 years, this fits right in.

AND uncle Ed threw in some cash too to stop us from going over the luxury tax!!! :lmao:Shouldnt there be an investigation?! :lmao:
There seriously should be an investigation.......... :mellow:
At least they didn't give up Worley or Brown. They're gonna need those guys as cheap starters next year. I have no idea what they'll do at SS. I cringe at the thought of Wilson Valdez playing full time there.

At least they didn't give up Worley or Brown. They're gonna need those guys as cheap starters next year. I have no idea what they'll do at SS. I cringe at the thought of Wilson Valdez playing full time there.
No chance they resign Rollins and give Hamels an extension? I don't think this team is afraid to spend like the Yankees. They're printing money.

As good as a move this was for Philly (and it certainly was a great move), it seems like Houston also got a good deal. They got 2 young top 50 prospects in return. Granted, it's single A but this team isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Probably a win, win for both teams given the respective directions they're going in.

No chance they resign Rollins and give Hamels an extension? I don't think this team is afraid to spend like the Yankees. They're printing money.
No way to tell how much and how long Rollins is looking for. If they want to stay under the luxury tax and keep Rollins, they will have to have literally no bullpen after Bastardo and Stutes. I see them with about 20M to play with this offseason (and they will need 2 or 3 bullpen arms, a LH bench bat, a backup catcher, a SS and possibly a closer). I don't really see any way they can keep both Madson and Rollins. Not trading Worley and/or Brown was huge for the future prospects of this team.

Trade for an outfielder and still going to see Ibanez every day? I wouldn't have sent Dom Brown down.
He still has a lot of baseball to learn. He has great natural talent...he just needs to learn to play the game better. He's still ahead of the curve....but you'll most def see him in LF in 2012.

Wow, Phillies mortgaging the future...
:rolleyes:The future is NOW baby!! Doc wants a parade, or two!!!
Ya, I understand why they are doing it, just wondering if they will regret down the road if they don't add any hardware this postseason
:rolleyes: I'll give anyone any Single-A prospect any day.
Singleton was blocked by Howard. Cosart's a big arm....but they'll have another couple big A arms in a year or so. The OF FA market in 2012 looked pretty weak so Pence solved replacing Ibanez next year. I wouldn't have done it for a two month rental....but for the next couple of years...why not?

Trade for an outfielder and still going to see Ibanez every day? I wouldn't have sent Dom Brown down.
He still has a lot of baseball to learn. He has great natural talent...he just needs to learn to play the game better. He's still ahead of the curve....but you'll most def see him in LF in 2012.
Plus Dom will be up for the playoff run. Let him get some no pressure reps in AAA again to get a groove back then bring him up in September ready to roll for the playoffs.

No doubt, the main reason to send him down is to get him comfy in LF. Any coincidence on Pence's first night Howard goes 4-4? Then they intentionally walk him in the 8th and Hunter makes them pay with an RBI single. Awesome stuff, this kid is exactly what we needed. :thumbup:

No doubt, the main reason to send him down is to get him comfy in LF. Any coincidence on Pence's first night Howard goes 4-4? Then they intentionally walk him in the 8th and Hunter makes them pay with an RBI single. Awesome stuff, this kid is exactly what we needed. :thumbup:
Was great to see but remember it was Pittsburgh. I know theyre improved but they arent in our league. Need to do this against SF, Atl et al.

Was great to see but remember it was Pittsburgh. I know theyre improved but they arent in our league. Need to do this against SF, Atl et al.
I hear ya, and was thinking that when I posted but didn't add it into my thoughts.RAAUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLL!!! What a day, and month he had. When he's hot he's blazing hot, but when he's cold.... Just wish be could find a happy medium. But great win today, good to seen Pence involved with the tying and game winning run! :thumbup:

I hear ya, and was thinking that when I posted but didn't add it into my thoughts.RAAUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLL!!! What a day, and month he had. When he's hot he's blazing hot, but when he's cold.... Just wish be could find a happy medium. But great win today, good to seen Pence involved with the tying and game winning run! :thumbup:
He certainly is. I remember him having a MVP first half back in 2009. Then he fell off the cliff. Its all or nothing with him. Hopefully he gives us the all in October. IF Raul's clicking then, we got this.

WOW, what a clutch bomb!3-2, 2 outs in the 9th.
:thumbup: Awesome at bat, coming off the bench. Mayberry making his case to stick around, he easily deserves the bench spot over Francisco. And Shane gets the winner in the 10th. Quietly having an awesome all-around year. Big win to open a loooooong road trip! :thumbup:

Big 4-gamer starting tonight. I want 3 of 4, just so they can prove to themselves they can beat the Giants and get them out of their heads if they're in there.

Big 4-gamer starting tonight. I want 3 of 4, just so they can prove to themselves they can beat the Giants and get them out of their heads if they're in there.
Sweep!! Put it in their heads that they have no shot come October.

7 in a row, rolling right along with Cliff Lee being Cliff Lee. 5th shutout of the season, first Phillie pitcher since Carlton did it early 80's. One down, three to go! :thumbup:

Offensive stats, since Utley's return to the lineup the Phils are averaging 4.77 rpg, tied for best offense in NL. Since Hunter's addition, they're at 5.5.

well, that was interesting.

Darryl Hamilton on with Seth Everitt this morning saying that he mostly blames Victorino for his half-assed "charge", which led to a much more dangerous situation than necessary (e.g. Whiteside hitting Polanco and Victorino ultimately attacking Meulens, I suppose).

It was a ##### move throwing at Shane in the first place. That clown whiteside made it worse by jumping around acting like he just heard the bell for the 7th round. I was really hoping they would send in Mathieson for one pitch and drill Cody Ross. I'm in the LaRussa camp, someone from San Fran needs to get it this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread