What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Philadelphia Phillies Thread*** - Castellanos ****s wit Philly (1 Viewer)

Nobody really in here but Janakowski made one of the dumbest baserunning blunders I've ever seen. This team is really dumb.

In typical mediocre Phillies fashion, they split a 4 game series with the Mets in which they had 2 blown saves. They squandered 2 great outings from their starters in this series to gain no ground but still stay "alive" in the division. 

Win tomorrow and I'll be fooled into thinking we can do something. At least until we then get swept by the Marlins out of the break. 

The Ranger brought it home. 

Ok I'm in. I may be stupid but 3 series wins in a row over pretty good teams and they got me believing again. At least to win the division. 

The Ranger brought it home. 

Ok I'm in. I may be stupid but 3 series wins in a row over pretty good teams and they got me believing again. At least to win the division. 
The Phillies broke the Cubs.

The Cubs came home after a dismal 1-9 road trip expecting to right the ship with a long homestand starting with four against Philadelphia.

That didn't happen. Not only that, but they might have ended Jake Arrieta's career.

Encyclopedia Brown said:
The Phillies broke the Cubs.

The Cubs came home after a dismal 1-9 road trip expecting to right the ship with a long homestand starting with four against Philadelphia.

That didn't happen. Not only that, but they might have ended Jake Arrieta's career.
This road trip was especially amazing for all the former Phillies pitchers we roughed up. 

Adam Morgan, Arrieta, Workman, Pivetta. Probably one other I'm missing. Bout time they helped the Phils win. 

Yea so much for that. They lose this double header today and we're back to 2 games under and possibly 5 games back. Just blow this thing up. They can't hit when they need to and when they do hit, they can't pitch. 

Phils got 2 pitchers from Texas. Both seem like an upgrade from what we had. Only had to give up Spencer Howard to do it. Seems like a win. 

Then proceed to follow it up by getting smoked by the worst team in baseball 7-0. Why even pitch Vince at all. You're down 5-0 after 2 every damn time. 

And just like that. 4 game sweep and we're .5 games out of first with a series against the Mets. Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in. 

Phillies are in first place. 

Phillies have won 6 in a row. 

Bryce Harper is batting .305 and up to 19 hr

Let's go!

Rough series against the dodgers. Rain did us no favors but a nice game for the bullpen today. I think Ranger is ready to go 5+ or 100 pitches. Rest of the bullpen looks good even though Kennedy still gets in jams. 

I think it's ok to going back to ignoring them. If they can't beat the Dbacks, then they're not doing anything. 

This team drives me nuts. I can see a scenario where we take 2 out of 3 from the Braves go up 1 or 2 games in the division and then still lose it. 

Well, here it is.  Win that MVP, Bryce.

Today is the birthday of the 2 greatest Phillies ever: Mike Schmidt and Vicente Padilla.

Do it for Michael Jack and Vinnie Paz, boys.

DO IT.

It's ok, we can put this to bed and look to brighter things like the Eagles...

er, I mean, Sixers training camp opens soon and that should be bett-

uh, so at least the Flyers aren't a TOTAL #### show, right?

:mellow:

At least Penn State looks set up well to pretend they are a contender and then total fumble around at the end of the year and take a lovely trip to the Outback Bowl.

And with a whimper, it was over. Sure we technically could win theast 4 and Atlanta could lose the last 5 but the odds of that are less than 1%. 

Not even sure how you fix this. They've dug themselves a pretty deep hole of mediocrity to dig out of. 

And with a whimper, it was over. Sure we technically could win theast 4 and Atlanta could lose the last 5 but the odds of that are less than 1%. 

Not even sure how you fix this. They've dug themselves a pretty deep hole of mediocrity to dig out of. 

Agree with your odds.  As a reference, Atlanta hasn't lost 5 straight all year.  So the odds of Phils making the playoffs are <<<<<<<<< 1%.   ☹️

Agree with your odds.  As a reference, Atlanta hasn't lost 5 straight all year.  So the odds of Phils making the playoffs are <<<<<<<<< 1%.   ☹️
Technically the Phillies have a 1.2% chance according to CBS postseason pct. But I think that is overly generous. 

Technically the Phillies have a 1.2% chance according to CBS postseason pct. But I think that is overly generous. 
I’m looking at my ESPN app and see a 0.2% chance of making the playoffs.  That seems about right.  So you’re saying there’s a chance!

Schwarber eh? Better than nothing I guess. 

Oh yea and Ofubel is back. Yea its spelled wrong. I don't feeling like changing it. 

Ken Rosenthal at The Athletic floated the possibility that Jim Leyland could be in the mix for the job after Girardi is let go.

Leyland is 77--same age as La Russa. 

Users who are viewing this thread