What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bradshaw Wrist Injury (1 Viewer)

schlesinj

Footballguy
News: Giants RB Ahmad Bradshaw did not practice Wednesday because of a wrist injury. The Giants visit Minnesota in Week 14. Bradshaw has just 21 carries for 70 yards and no touchdowns in three career games against Minnesota. The Vikings are fourth in rush defense (92.0 ypg) and have allowed just six rushing touchdowns this season.

Forgive me if Honda.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bradshaw owner, and I'm looking for other options this week...bad matchup, splitting carries, away, and a guy with fumbling problems has a wrist injury. Trainwreck.

Bradshaw owner, and I'm looking for other options this week...bad matchup, splitting carries, away, and a guy with fumbling problems has a wrist injury. Trainwreck.
The guy has been really consistent so while I will monitor practice, I am looking for him to have a good week. I don't think the matchup is that bad; plenty of teams have run on the Vikings this year. As for the injury, the team reportedly "isn't worried" and given Bradshaws history of playing with minor injuries, I won't be either unless he missed practice on Friday.

The guy has been really consistent so while I will monitor practice, I am looking for him to have a good week. I don't think the matchup is that bad; plenty of teams have run on the Vikings this year. As for the injury, the team reportedly "isn't worried" and given Bradshaws history of playing with minor injuries, I won't be either unless he missed practice on Friday.
:goodposting:

Again, it really depends on who you have on your team. We have guys in this forum in 10 man leagues, 16 teams, various roster sizes within those leagues so for the above poster to say he's looking for other options, I'm sure the choices are pretty good for him and he may even have flex type options as he could play a decent WR in his place.For larger leagues, it's really hard to sit Bradshaw at this point. They're in a must win game. I don't expect him to be huge in this game, but he should be serviceable.I'd rather start Bradshaw than Jacobs this week, and I didn't feel that way going into last week's Giant game.

In ppr leagues I think Bradshaw could be a decent start this week. Minny is decent against the run which could limit Jacobs any NY has some wr issues.

Anyone have thoughts on potential receptions for Bradshaw? I'm thinking 5 at minimum.

Argh! First week of our playoffs and I'm already benching Larry Fitz. Now I have to seriously consider benching Bradshaw for some real risky plays like Dixon or Hightower.

One thing I have learned over the years though is that fantasy championships are often won by focusing on momentum and matchups rather than loyalty to big names.

Argh! First week of our playoffs and I'm already benching Larry Fitz. Now I have to seriously consider benching Bradshaw for some real risky plays like Dixon or Hightower.One thing I have learned over the years though is that fantasy championships are often won by focusing on momentum and matchups rather than loyalty to big names.
see, i always go with who got me there. i can live with myself if i go down with the ship starting my big names than if i got cute and screwed myself by overthinking.

Argh! First week of our playoffs and I'm already benching Larry Fitz. Now I have to seriously consider benching Bradshaw for some real risky plays like Dixon or Hightower.One thing I have learned over the years though is that fantasy championships are often won by focusing on momentum and matchups rather than loyalty to big names.
see, i always go with who got me there. i can live with myself if i go down with the ship starting my big names than if i got cute and screwed myself by overthinking.
I used to believe in the same "never bench your studs" philosophy. But the Pierre Thomas, Kolby Smith, Jon Stewart, Jerome Harrison, etc examples of recent years has me believing otherwise now. This is mainly true for RB IMO, but it holds for other positions too, though not to the same degree.

Even if you think that Bradshaw is coming off a game where he got 25 carries and 2 TD's.........

Even if you think that Bradshaw is coming off a game where he got 25 carries and 2 TD's.........
Wrist injury plus Minny D have me nervous, but your point is well taken. There's something in my belly that is nudging me towards Dixon at home against Seattle. I will be torn about this call heading into this weekend either way.

Any updates here? Is Jacobs the play this week for those who have both? Or are we plugging in Javarris James or Tashard Choice over both of these guys.

howo5 said:
Any updates here? Is Jacobs the play this week for those who have both? Or are we plugging in Javarris James or Tashard Choice over both of these guys.
This has already been addressed, I believe...Jacobs runs between the tackles, and that's where Vikes are the strongest, Bradshaw runs off tackle and catches the ball better...this is where the Vikes could be vulnerable. Bradshaw is the better play.

I'm playing Bradshaw this week, unless I hear that his wrist injury will keep him off the field. MIN will do a good job in limiting Jacobs and his downhill running style, but Bradshaw is versatile and will be a serviceable play... a solid play in ppr. MIN has done a nice job on keeping RB's out of the end zone (5 allowed).. .but Bradshaw brings a different game to the table and I expect him to get 60 rush yds, 30 receiving yds and a TD.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/12...ahmad_brad.html

During a stretch in which the injury news has been very good for the Giants, perhaps we should have realized Ahmad Bradshaw’s wrist issue was minor.

The Giants’ running back was practicing today after being a surprise addition to the injury report on Wednesday when he sat out practice. Tom Coughlin has yet to address Bradshaw’s wrist but will do so after practice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread