What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (3 Viewers)

(HULK)

(Smash)
Just switched on Monday.

Seems there is a lot of push by the FDA and such to crush these things into oblivion. My :rolleyes: says that this is all because Big Tobacco doesn't want to lose market share.

My thought is that they have to be safer than regular smokes. Like a 1000 times safer. Or am I missing something here?

FWIW, they're not the same as real cigarettes, but they're capable of coming close enough to replace the habit.

So instead of setting fire to a white stick and sucking on it, you're sucking on an electronic white stick? Ohhhhkay...

Safer? Yes.

Actually the electronic cigarettes are odorless, so if I stink it's just me, not my filthy habit.

Just be careful where you get them from. I've heard some keep you on a contract charging up your credit card every month.

I have a friend who "quit" smoking and started using one. It's working for her, but she does get funny looks when she "smokes" indoors.

Been using mine for about 9 months now. Still enjoy a good ol' fashioned ciggy every once in a while but this does the trick and I can enjoy it anywhere.

Schlzm

Have been doing reading and research, and have decided to give em a try and see. I just ordered the deluxe starter kit from South Beach Smoke for $49 shipped (after $10 online discount coupon). Its a 2 piece system that comes with short battery, long battery, charger, and 5 pack of cartridges (cartridges are supposed to be 1-2 packs of cigs, I figure closer to a pack).

Reading reviews and articles on this brand, I think its the best bang for my buck, and the reviews are great for the most part. The drawback was having to enroll in monthly auto-shipment of cartridges, but I can cancel that any time. Im gonna wait and see how I like it before I decide to cancel though, as having new cartridges automatically shipped might be the way to go.

Having a 2 piece system seems much simpler, I just screw on a cartridge and am ready to go, no adding liquid drops and all that crap.

I ordered the full flavor, 16mg carts (the strongest ones they have), so hopefully they will provide enough vapor to get me off of real cigs.

Will report back once delivered.

Have been doing reading and research, and have decided to give em a try and see. I just ordered the deluxe starter kit from South Beach Smoke for $49 shipped (after $10 online discount coupon). Its a 2 piece system that comes with short battery, long battery, charger, and 5 pack of cartridges (cartridges are supposed to be 1-2 packs of cigs, I figure closer to a pack).

Reading reviews and articles on this brand, I think its the best bang for my buck, and the reviews are great for the most part. The drawback was having to enroll in monthly auto-shipment of cartridges, but I can cancel that any time. Im gonna wait and see how I like it before I decide to cancel though, as having new cartridges automatically shipped might be the way to go.

Having a 2 piece system seems much simpler, I just screw on a cartridge and am ready to go, no adding liquid drops and all that crap.

I ordered the full flavor, 16mg carts (the strongest ones they have), so hopefully they will provide enough vapor to get me off of real cigs.

Very interested in hearing your thoughts after a week or two...

Got the package 7 days ago. Have not had a single cigarette since I opened the box. These things are a GODSEND. They dont exactly taste or feel like an actual cigarette, but theyre close enough to take my cravings way. At first I HATED the taste, but after a couple of days, I got used to it and now I actually like the taste better than actual cigarettes.One of the main reasons I chose the 2 piece type was the fact that I wouldnt have to refill the cartridges...but after a couple of days, I discovered the fact that I CAN refill the cartridges easily (which will save me TONS of $$$), so I dont have to buy new ones constantly...I can order nicotine "juice" online, and use the cartridges over and over again...I have ordered 15 new cartridges, and each cartridge will last me a week or so, maybe more (I havent found out yet how long before the material inside the cartridges degrades to the point where its useless)

I dont know what the actual cost will be of the equivalent of a "pack" of cigarettes yet, but according to my calculations, I should be spending less than $30 a month for my habit, compared to $120-$180 per month smoking real cigarettes. And I can also refill the cartridges without nicotine. I keep one cartridge nicotine free, and Ive been smoking that one at night time -- this lets me "feel" like Im smoking, but Im slowly weaning myself off of the nicotine. Ive also found that I am not "smoking" as much as I did with real cigs, because I can take a puff or 2 here and there when I feel I need to and put it in my pocket, rather than smoking a whole cigarette.

This is the first time I have ever tried to quit smoking where I didnt fiend for or crave a cigarette. Since I got the e-cig, I havent even THOUGHT about firing up a real one. Theres just no need, because the e-cig totally fills the void. IMO, its the best product ever for smokers who want to give up smoking without having to deal with withdrawals, or trying to find something to take the place of the hand-to-mouth habit.

I am truly amazed at how well this has worked, and its one of the best purchases Ive ever made. Ill report back in the next 30 days or so when I figure out just how much I am spending on these vs real cigs, and whether or not Im smoking even less than I am now...my goal is to slowly wean myself off the nicotine...and once that's done, Ill try to slowly stop the hand-to-mouth habit that comes with smoking.

Stay tuned....but for now, I am one happy, tobacco-free camper!!!!

Isn't the smoke kind of the point?

I don't understand the appeal of looking goofy if it's just to get a nicotine fix. Couldn't you just mainline the gum or lozenges?

There's a commercial for a drug out now that helps people stop smoking. From what I heard, it makes your body really sick and nauscious when you go to smoke so your body associates a sick feeling with smoking. It's a good idea, imo.

Isn't the smoke kind of the point?I don't understand the appeal of looking goofy if it's just to get a nicotine fix. Couldn't you just mainline the gum or lozenges?
Ive tried the gum, the patch, cold turkey....none of them work for me...with these, Im pretty much still smoking, but without the tar, carcinogens, or the hundreds of chemicals in tobacco (i.e. the main cancer causing crap). I havent coughed in days, my sense of smell and taste have increased big-time, I feel more energetic.... If Im able to adjust the amount of nicotine over time and I can slowly get over the addiction....well, I dont really see a downside.

There's a commercial for a drug out now that helps people stop smoking. From what I heard, it makes your body really sick and nauscious when you go to smoke so your body associates a sick feeling with smoking. It's a good idea, imo.
Chantix I believe.It also causes depression/suicidal tendencies in some people IIRC.

Quick questions for you guys trying this.

Do you "light up" at work or other public places that you can't normally smoke?

Would you refuse not do it if someone in close proximity to you asked you not to do it around them?

I ordered the 902 starter kit from modervapor.com and it should arrive in the next day or two. I am excited to kick the traditional smoking habit for a safer, more healthy option. I hope it takes.

Quick questions for you guys trying this.Do you "light up" at work or other public places that you can't normally smoke? Would you refuse not do it if someone in close proximity to you asked you not to do it around them?
I have, but generally I keep it on the down low if I can. Ill take a hit here or there when Im at the grocery store, wal mart, etc...I generally dont do it in restaurants though. If people see something that looks like smoke, then it MUST be smoke...Its great for movie theaters. I can cover the LED light at the tip when I take a hit, and exhale straight down at the floor...the vapor is gone in 2-3 seconds, no one ever sees it.

Wingnut said:

Got the package 7 days ago. Have not had a single cigarette since I opened the box. These things are a GODSEND. They dont exactly taste or feel like an actual cigarette, but theyre close enough to take my cravings way. At first I HATED the taste, but after a couple of days, I got used to it and now I actually like the taste better than actual cigarettes.One of the main reasons I chose the 2 piece type was the fact that I wouldnt have to refill the cartridges...but after a couple of days, I discovered the fact that I CAN refill the cartridges easily (which will save me TONS of $$$), so I dont have to buy new ones constantly...I can order nicotine "juice" online, and use the cartridges over and over again...I have ordered 15 new cartridges, and each cartridge will last me a week or so, maybe more (I havent found out yet how long before the material inside the cartridges degrades to the point where its useless)

I dont know what the actual cost will be of the equivalent of a "pack" of cigarettes yet, but according to my calculations, I should be spending less than $30 a month for my habit, compared to $120-$180 per month smoking real cigarettes. And I can also refill the cartridges without nicotine. I keep one cartridge nicotine free, and Ive been smoking that one at night time -- this lets me "feel" like Im smoking, but Im slowly weaning myself off of the nicotine. Ive also found that I am not "smoking" as much as I did with real cigs, because I can take a puff or 2 here and there when I feel I need to and put it in my pocket, rather than smoking a whole cigarette.

This is the first time I have ever tried to quit smoking where I didnt fiend for or crave a cigarette. Since I got the e-cig, I havent even THOUGHT about firing up a real one. Theres just no need, because the e-cig totally fills the void. IMO, its the best product ever for smokers who want to give up smoking without having to deal with withdrawals, or trying to find something to take the place of the hand-to-mouth habit.

I am truly amazed at how well this has worked, and its one of the best purchases Ive ever made. Ill report back in the next 30 days or so when I figure out just how much I am spending on these vs real cigs, and whether or not Im smoking even less than I am now...my goal is to slowly wean myself off the nicotine...and once that's done, Ill try to slowly stop the hand-to-mouth habit that comes with smoking.

Stay tuned....but for now, I am one happy, tobacco-free camper!!!!
Do you get the "juice" from the same place?

Do you get the "juice" from the same place?
No, they dont sell the juice...they only sell pre-loaded cartridges, so I found a couple places online with good reviews and ordered a few different kinds. It didnt come today, maybe tomorrow...for now I bought a few cartridges from a local gas station for $2 apiece...they didnt fit my battery so I just squeezed the juice out of them into my cartridges.

I ordered the 902 starter kit from modervapor.com and it should arrive in the next day or two. I am excited to kick the traditional smoking habit for a safer, more healthy option. I hope it takes.
I'd like to hear your reviews as well. I'm right on the verge of getting one of these set ups.

Quick questions for you guys trying this.Do you "light up" at work or other public places that you can't normally smoke? Would you refuse not do it if someone in close proximity to you asked you not to do it around them?
I don't 'light up' in any place i wouldn't previously. I quit smoking some time ago but dig having a 'cig' when hanging out and my buddies light up or fire off a cigar.I ordered 0mg cartridges so i am really just blowing vapor and off the nicotine completely.

How long have you been off the nicotine and did you do it primarily by using the e-cigs?
I quit 'again' 3 months ago. Just went cold turkey for the first week and then stumbled on the e-cigs (wife was happy for something that took the edge off). Tapered down from med which i think was 11mg then light 6mg then 0. The hand to mouth habit is all i really feel now when having cocktails so the vapor only works great. I keep toothpicks with me for when i'm in a place i wouldn't smoke and get the hand thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I got 2 of the juices that I ordered, still waiting for the 3rd to be delivered.

I ordered two juices from Halocigs.com. I ordered a 5ml bottle of each to try ($5 each, it looks like each bottle will fill at least 10 cartridges). I ordered them in 18mg nicotine strength.

Freedom Juice: Great vapor production, pretty good throat hit, and strong flavor. Tastes kind of like a vanilla black and mild cigar with maybe some caramel or toasted marshmellow flavor in there as well. Very mellow, might be a little much for an every day juice, but its pretty good.

Torque 56: Not quite as much vapor as the Freedom, but a better throat hit, and a great flavor. Kind of sweet and nutty, Im REALLY liking this one, and I think Im gonna order a 30ml bottle of it ($20).

Im gonna drop down in the nicotine level every time I order and see how that works.

Update:

so...after 11 days, one of my South Beach batteries died, and although I could get it replaced at no cost, Im sending the whole kit back in favor of one I just ordered from vapor4life.com (XL Starter kit for $65). The kit comes with 2 long batteries (at least 2 batteries is a MUST if you use e-cigs), a USB passthrough, wall charger, USB charger, and a 5-pack of filled carts. The consensus over at e-cigarette-forum is that they are one of the best in terms of price, quality, and customer service. Some of their reps/employees are members at the e-cig forum, and its easy to get in touch with them and and they seem to make any wrongs right with no questions asked, including replacing defective batteries, cartridges, etc...

Im also just going to buy blank cartomizers and fill them with juice I buy instead of buying pre-filled and filling them once empty. I found a site with great juice prices, so Ill pass along the info (good or bad) when I get my first delivery from them.

So far though, 11 days tobacco free, and it couldnt have been easier.

Wingnut said:
Update: so...after 11 days, one of my South Beach batteries died, and although I could get it replaced at no cost, Im sending the whole kit back in favor of one I just ordered from vapor4life.com (XL Starter kit for $65). The kit comes with 2 long batteries (at least 2 batteries is a MUST if you use e-cigs), a USB passthrough, wall charger, USB charger, and a 5-pack of filled carts. The consensus over at e-cigarette-forum is that they are one of the best in terms of price, quality, and customer service. Some of their reps/employees are members at the e-cig forum, and its easy to get in touch with them and and they seem to make any wrongs right with no questions asked, including replacing defective batteries, cartridges, etc...Im also just going to buy blank cartomizers and fill them with juice I buy instead of buying pre-filled and filling them once empty. I found a site with great juice prices, so Ill pass along the info (good or bad) when I get my first delivery from them.So far though, 11 days tobacco free, and it couldnt have been easier.
I just ordered a kit myself. The V4L is an 808, correct? I got an 808 too, because I read they mimic the analog experience best, but I went for the Bloog MaxxFusion, which supposedly produces a much better vapor and longer battery life than V4L. It is $35 more for their starter kit, though, and their cartos are more expensive as well. Also, both the kit and the blank cartos I ordered are both on backorder. :shock:

Wingnut said:
Update: so...after 11 days, one of my South Beach batteries died, and although I could get it replaced at no cost, Im sending the whole kit back in favor of one I just ordered from vapor4life.com (XL Starter kit for $65). The kit comes with 2 long batteries (at least 2 batteries is a MUST if you use e-cigs), a USB passthrough, wall charger, USB charger, and a 5-pack of filled carts. The consensus over at e-cigarette-forum is that they are one of the best in terms of price, quality, and customer service. Some of their reps/employees are members at the e-cig forum, and its easy to get in touch with them and and they seem to make any wrongs right with no questions asked, including replacing defective batteries, cartridges, etc...Im also just going to buy blank cartomizers and fill them with juice I buy instead of buying pre-filled and filling them once empty. I found a site with great juice prices, so Ill pass along the info (good or bad) when I get my first delivery from them.So far though, 11 days tobacco free, and it couldnt have been easier.
Also, I ordered a sample pack of juice from Alien Visions, even though they're more expensive than many others, just because I read better reviews on flavor/vapor production on them than any other company. I figured if this is going to take, I had better go all out from the get go.

Wingnut said:
Update:

so...after 11 days, one of my South Beach batteries died, and although I could get it replaced at no cost, Im sending the whole kit back in favor of one I just ordered from vapor4life.com (XL Starter kit for $65). The kit comes with 2 long batteries (at least 2 batteries is a MUST if you use e-cigs), a USB passthrough, wall charger, USB charger, and a 5-pack of filled carts. The consensus over at e-cigarette-forum is that they are one of the best in terms of price, quality, and customer service. Some of their reps/employees are members at the e-cig forum, and its easy to get in touch with them and and they seem to make any wrongs right with no questions asked, including replacing defective batteries, cartridges, etc...

Im also just going to buy blank cartomizers and fill them with juice I buy instead of buying pre-filled and filling them once empty. I found a site with great juice prices, so Ill pass along the info (good or bad) when I get my first delivery from them.

So far though, 11 days tobacco free, and it couldnt have been easier.
I just ordered a kit myself. The V4L is an 808, correct? I got an 808 too, because I read they mimic the analog experience best, but I went for the Bloog MaxxFusion, which supposedly produces a much better vapor and longer battery life than V4L. It is $35 more for their starter kit, though, and their cartos are more expensive as well. Also, both the kit and the blank cartos I ordered are both on backorder. :thumbup:
:loco: Im not really sure about the model type, its confusing as hell with so many types. One thing I figured out is that the amount of vapor isnt the key to satisfying my cravings, its the throat hit/vapor combo. Ive filled carts with pure glycerin and got so much vapor from a hit it was silly, but I couldnt feel the hit in my throat or lungs, so it did me no good...by the same token though, Ive tried juice that had a really strong throat hit, but I exhaled almost no vapor. So for me the key is somewhere in the middle. I dont need a TON of vapor, just a good throat hit without being too harsh, and a decent amount of vapor to trick my brain into thinking Im smoking.

A good place to check out for juice is bluemistvaping.com, they have over 200 flavors, have great reviews on lots of em, and you can get 180ml of juice for $30 shipped and sample packs of 5 flavors for about $15.

Users who are viewing this thread