What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (1 Viewer)

Here ya go folks, a V4L 36 hour sale on ALL juice and carts:

35% off (min order $65 before discount) code: V4LFAMILY12

40% off (min order $100 before discount) code: V4LFAMILY13

:pickle:

Here ya go folks, a V4L 36 hour sale on ALL juice and carts:35% off (min order $65 before discount) code: V4LFAMILY1240% off (min order $100 before discount) code: V4LFAMILY13:pickle:
:wub: Now if I can just order late enough to ensure it doesn't arrive before I get back from my weekend...ETA- Wingnut, did you get an email on this... and if so is there any indication when the 36 hours ends? I didn't get an email like I usually do, and am wondering since the V4L thread said it went out almost 2 hours ago. Do I need to sign up for a "Family" group or something to get notices of great deals like this?

Last edited by a moderator:
These things can not only save your life but your marriage too!! :D
E-cigs aren't as bad as regular cigarettes since you aren't getting the chemicals such as tar and carbon monoxide that is derived from the smoke, but nicotine does a lot of bad things to your body. As long as you are putting nicotine in your body, that is not a good thing.

Here ya go folks, a V4L 36 hour sale on ALL juice and carts:35% off (min order $65 before discount) code: V4LFAMILY1240% off (min order $100 before discount) code: V4LFAMILY13:pickle:
:wub: Now if I can just order late enough to ensure it doesn't arrive before I get back from my weekend...ETA- Wingnut, did you get an email on this... and if so is there any indication when the 36 hours ends? I didn't get an email like I usually do, and am wondering since the V4L thread said it went out almost 2 hours ago. Do I need to sign up for a "Family" group or something to get notices of great deals like this?
yup, sign up for the Family deelio. Im @ work right now and dont have a link...I think theres a pinned thread at the V4L forum @ ECFThe email didnt say the exact times of the sale (I got the email @ 11am today), Im sure someone at ECF has posted it tho.

E-cigs aren't as bad as regular cigarettes since you aren't getting the chemicals and carbon monoxide that is derived from the smoke, but nicotine does a lot of bad things to your body. As long as you are putting nicotine in your body, that is not a good thing.
Not to be a ####, but telling a bunch of smokers that nicotine is bad for you isnt exactly front page news...just sayin.The whole point to switching from smoking to these is to not get the tar, carcinogens, cancer causing agents, etc....nobody here is under the impression that e-cigs are healthy

E-cigs aren't as bad as regular cigarettes since you aren't getting the chemicals and carbon monoxide that is derived from the smoke, but nicotine does a lot of bad things to your body. As long as you are putting nicotine in your body, that is not a good thing.
Not to be a ####, but telling a bunch of smokers that nicotine is bad for you isnt exactly front page news...just sayin.The whole point to switching from smoking to these is to not get the tar, carcinogens, cancer causing agents, etc....nobody here is under the impression that e-cigs are healthy
Not to be a ####, but I wasn't telling a bunch of smokers, I replied to one person which wasn't you. I also think that the whole point of at least one person in this thread to switch from regular cigs to e-cigs is to eventually quit puffing period. Until they decide to quit for good, they have a lesser evil. Nicotine leaves your body within three days, but the hardest part about quiting smoking is the mental and physical habit itself. I know, I used to smoke.

Not to be a ####, but I wasn't telling a bunch of smokers, I replied to one person which wasn't you. I also think that the whole point of at least one person in this thread to switch from regular cigs to e-cigs is to eventually quit puffing period. Until they decide to quit for good, they have a lesser evil. Nicotine leaves your body within three days, but the hardest part about quiting smoking is the mental and physical habit itself. I know, I used to smoke.
I did too, just a little under 3 weeks ago. I say leave it be. People realize that nicotine isn't healthy, and even the places selling these things have all kinds of warnings about it. As long as people are making steps in the right direction, they should be encouraged. I'm not going to act all high and mighty and tell people to "suck it up" and endure those 3 days of torture right now. If they can slowly wean themselves down to lower mg carts and make those 3 days of torture less torturous, that's awesome. If they never do, they're still better than before. Just let them make their progress at their own pace rather than trying to make this about people's failures.

I did too, just a little under 3 weeks ago. I say leave it be. People realize that nicotine isn't healthy, and even the places selling these things have all kinds of warnings about it. As long as people are making steps in the right direction, they should be encouraged. I'm not going to act all high and mighty and tell people to "suck it up" and endure those 3 days of torture right now. If they can slowly wean themselves down to lower mg carts and make those 3 days of torture less torturous, that's awesome. If they never do, they're still better than before. Just let them make their progress at their own pace rather than trying to make this about people's failures.
The sensitivity meter in here is strong. I'm not acting high and mighty myself, I merely told one guy that referred to the ecigs as saving a life that nicotine is still a bad culprit, and I get scolded. I didn't point out anyone's failures nor did I tell anyone to suck it up. I smoked for 23 years, I know it's hard to quit. Congrats on your 3 weeks. I won't be revisiting this thread, so I will depart it by wishing all you out there good luck on your journey.

Thanks so much for stopping by Mr. Obvious. See you in the caffeine thread.

Hey Guys,

I'm liking the overall vaping experience, but I would like to point out one word of caution. For me, I was not a heavy cigarette smoker. Maybe a pack every two weeks or so. Still more than I would like. The significant health hazards, and the downright nastiness help me curb usage. I used this to try and stop smoking regular cigs. I know find myself vaping every day and after sunset almost chain vaping. I love it. But I feel that I am over doing it. I need to cut back on this but its tough. I may have inadvertently increased my nicotine addiction.

These things are WAY better than cigs for avoiding tar but one thing that cigs has going for them as they suck so bad it almost helps you want to quit. There is little downside tovaping and because of that I think the threat of full on nicotine addiction is much much higher.

I'm sorry to rain on everyone's parade, I jut thought that it should be mentioned.

Thanks so much for stopping by Mr. Obvious. See you in the caffeine thread.
:lmao:

Hey Guys, I'm liking the overall vaping experience, but I would like to point out one word of caution. For me, I was not a heavy cigarette smoker. Maybe a pack every two weeks or so. Still more than I would like. The significant health hazards, and the downright nastiness help me curb usage. I used this to try and stop smoking regular cigs. I know find myself vaping every day and after sunset almost chain vaping. I love it. But I feel that I am over doing it. I need to cut back on this but its tough. I may have inadvertently increased my nicotine addiction. These things are WAY better than cigs for avoiding tar but one thing that cigs has going for them as they suck so bad it almost helps you want to quit. There is little downside tovaping and because of that I think the threat of full on nicotine addiction is much much higher. I'm sorry to rain on everyone's parade, I jut thought that it should be mentioned.
Fro...that IS a downside to these things...have you tried the lower nicotine, lower VG juice? The lower VG/higher PG juice like the stuff from Halocigs might be worth looking into. That way you will get a good throat hit, but with less nicotine. Geoff mentioned how the lower nic content juices from there were pretty strong, considering the low nic content he ordered.

The sensitivity meter in here is strong. I'm not acting high and mighty myself, I merely told one guy that referred to the ecigs as saving a life that nicotine is still a bad culprit, and I get scolded. I didn't point out anyone's failures nor did I tell anyone to suck it up. I smoked for 23 years, I know it's hard to quit. Congrats on your 3 weeks. I won't be revisiting this thread, so I will depart it by wishing all you out there good luck on your journey.
:lmao: @ "scolded"

I don't think you were very nice to him, when I think omally was just showing concern. What Fullback Fro stated is happening with himself, is exactly something that is concerning with the electronic cigarettes and nicotine. I've tried the things, and I could definitely get hooked on them. They are fun to smoke.

Good to know about what EG said about letting the cartos steep for a while. I picked up my Strawberry Cheesecake last night and it was much better than I remembered it on Saturday.
What's odd is that when I first got the English Toffee from AV, it tasted a lot like toffee. Damn near like eating a Heath bar. But I moved on to other flavors and picked it back up the other day and found it had a somewhat unpleasant smoky flavor and didn't taste much like toffee at all. So, I guess maybe steeping isn't ALWAYS a good thing. :lol:

I don't think you were very nice to him, when I think omally was just showing concern. What Fullback Fro stated is happening with himself, is exactly something that is concerning with the electronic cigarettes and nicotine. I've tried the things, and I could definitely get hooked on them. They are fun to smoke.
2 things:1) I said 'not to be a ####' right off the bat. :shrug:2) Had he read the thread, he woulda known that the dangers (and even benefits) of nicotine have been discussed quite a bit. Going into a thread full of smokers and saying nicotine is bad would be like me going into a obesity thread and telling people that twinkies should be avoided.Anyway, back to topic...I agree with ya, but most vendors warn people not to start using nicotine with these if they aren't already smokers...zero nic juice is available, so people who want to vape but aren't already addicted to nicotine should definitely go the no-nic route.

Good to know about what EG said about letting the cartos steep for a while. I picked up my Strawberry Cheesecake last night and it was much better than I remembered it on Saturday.
What's odd is that when I first got the English Toffee from AV, it tasted a lot like toffee. Damn near like eating a Heath bar. But I moved on to other flavors and picked it back up the other day and found it had a somewhat unpleasant smoky flavor and didn't taste much like toffee at all. So, I guess maybe steeping isn't ALWAYS a good thing. :lol:
Don't worry. I thought English Toffee tasted like crap on day one and yesterday. Too bad. I thought that was going to fall in the coffee/caramel catagory as awesome.

Placed my order with Tasty Vapor early Monday morning, like at 3am Monday...still haven't got a shipping notice, but yesterday I got a status update email that said it was 'being mixed'

<_<

I want my Waffle dammit

Does anyone know the expiration date on the carts? How long they are good for?

Damn you V4L!!!!!

Just ordered;

Premium Vapor King Cappuccino Cartomizers (Box of 5) - 18mg

Premium Vapor King Peanut Butter Cup Cartomizers (Box of 5) - 18mg

Caramel Mocha Frappuccino Nobacco Juice (30 ml) - 18mg $12.50

Premium Vapor King Peppermint Ice Cream Cartomizers (Box of 5) - 18mg

WOW Vapor Cinnamon Roll Cartomizers (Box of 5) - 18mg $10.50

Premium Vapor King Chocolate Turtle Candy Cartomizers (Box of 5) - 0mg (for the lady)

Premium Vapor King Apple Cinnamon Cranberry Cartomizers (Box of 5) - 18mg

What's VG?
Vegetable Glycerin(VG)ETA - The other common ingredient isPropylene Glycol(PG)
Ah, I see. And I'm seeing some debates as to whether that stuff is healthy for you, with some on forums claiming bad for kidneys. Which we of course won't know for probably a pretty long time.
Glycerol (or glycerin, glycerine) is a simple polyol compound. It is a colourless, odourless, viscous liquid that is widely used in pharmaceutical formulations. Glycerol has three hydrophilic hydroxyl groups that are responsible for its solubility in water and its hygroscopic nature. The glycerol backbone is central to all lipids known as triglycerides. Glycerol is sweet-tasting and of low toxicity.In foods and beverages, glycerol serves as a humectant, solvent and sweetener, and may help preserve foods. It is also used as filler in commercially prepared low-fat foods (e.g., cookies), and as a thickening agent in liqueurs. Glycerol and water are used to preserve certain types of leaves. As a sugar substitute, it has approximately 27 calories per teaspoon and is 60 percent as sweet as sucrose. Although it has about the same food energy as table sugar, it does not raise blood sugar levels, nor does it feed the bacteria that form plaques and cause dental cavities. As a food additive, glycerol is labeled as E number E422Pharmaceutical and personal care applicationsGlycerol is used in medical and pharmaceutical and personal care preparations, mainly as a means of improving smoothness, providing lubrication and as a humectant. It is found in allergen immunotherapies, cough syrups, elixirs and expectorants, toothpaste, mouthwashes, skin care products, shaving cream, hair care products, soaps and water based personal lubricants. In solid dosage forms like tablets, Glycerol is used as a tablet holding agent. For human consumption, glycerol is classified by the U.S. FDA among the sugar alcohols as a caloric macronutrient. :popcorn: The ONLY reason glycerin is under attack is because it's used in E Cigs.

Hey Guys, I'm liking the overall vaping experience, but I would like to point out one word of caution. For me, I was not a heavy cigarette smoker. Maybe a pack every two weeks or so. Still more than I would like. The significant health hazards, and the downright nastiness help me curb usage. I used this to try and stop smoking regular cigs. I know find myself vaping every day and after sunset almost chain vaping. I love it. But I feel that I am over doing it. I need to cut back on this but its tough. I may have inadvertently increased my nicotine addiction. These things are WAY better than cigs for avoiding tar but one thing that cigs has going for them as they suck so bad it almost helps you want to quit. There is little downside tovaping and because of that I think the threat of full on nicotine addiction is much much higher. I'm sorry to rain on everyone's parade, I jut thought that it should be mentioned.
Fro,I'm not being a wise ###, but I always wondered how very light smokers such as yourself found it difficult to quit. For me, I started shaking after an hour without a cigarette. These things have no real downside (other than the obvious nicotine) for the heavy smoker. Far be it for me to judge anyone, I just never understood how such light smokers could get really addicted. I know I am only projecting how my addiction worked, and everyone is different. I suppose my lack of understanding is not dissimilar to a non smoker not understanding MY addiction, and just how tough it was to kick. I never could have quit without these things. i think these things can be bad for very light smokers by increasing the nicotine addiction itself. I'm not sure this is a good option for light smokers.

2 things:1) I said 'not to be a ####' right off the bat. :shrug:2) Had he read the thread, he woulda known that the dangers (and even benefits) of nicotine have been discussed quite a bit. Going into a thread full of smokers and saying nicotine is bad would be like me going into a obesity thread and telling people that twinkies should be avoided.Anyway, back to topic...I agree with ya, but most vendors warn people not to start using nicotine with these if they aren't already smokers...zero nic juice is available, so people who want to vape but aren't already addicted to nicotine should definitely go the no-nic route.
:goodposting: Many of us have been through years of being publically stigmatized, heard warnings from doctors, seen pictures of smoker lungs. We've had friends and family beg us to stop, and it's done little good. Yet for me, this thing worked. I thought the OP's depicting ecigs as "a lesser evil" to guys who are trying to better their lives and avoid an unimagineable death from cigarettes was pretty condescending. It's a lesser evil sort of like risk of parachuting is a lesser evil for people going down in a plane. But yeah, bottom line these things aren't candy, and are addictive. If you aren't trying to conquer a vastly worse addiction, don't start ecigging for kicks just because we look cool blasting away.

What's VG?
Vegetable Glycerin(VG)ETA - The other common ingredient is

Propylene Glycol(PG)
Ah, I see. And I'm seeing some debates as to whether that stuff is healthy for you, with some on forums claiming bad for kidneys. Which we of course won't know for probably a pretty long time.
Glycerol (or glycerin, glycerine) is a simple polyol compound. It is a colourless, odourless, viscous liquid that is widely used in pharmaceutical formulations. Glycerol has three hydrophilic hydroxyl groups that are responsible for its solubility in water and its hygroscopic nature. The glycerol backbone is central to all lipids known as triglycerides. Glycerol is sweet-tasting and of low toxicity.In foods and beverages, glycerol serves as a humectant, solvent and sweetener, and may help preserve foods. It is also used as filler in commercially prepared low-fat foods (e.g., cookies), and as a thickening agent in liqueurs. Glycerol and water are used to preserve certain types of leaves. As a sugar substitute, it has approximately 27 calories per teaspoon and is 60 percent as sweet as sucrose. Although it has about the same food energy as table sugar, it does not raise blood sugar levels, nor does it feed the bacteria that form plaques and cause dental cavities. As a food additive, glycerol is labeled as E number E422

Pharmaceutical and personal care applicationsGlycerol is used in medical and pharmaceutical and personal care preparations, mainly as a means of improving smoothness, providing lubrication and as a humectant. It is found in allergen immunotherapies, cough syrups, elixirs and expectorants, toothpaste, mouthwashes, skin care products, shaving cream, hair care products, soaps and water based personal lubricants. In solid dosage forms like tablets, Glycerol is used as a tablet holding agent. For human consumption, glycerol is classified by the U.S. FDA among the sugar alcohols as a caloric macronutrient.

:popcorn:

The ONLY reason glycerin is under attack is because it's used in E Cigs.
Doesn't surprise me. Thanks for the info!

:goodposting: Many of us have been through years of being publically stigmatized, heard warnings from doctors, seen pictures of smoker lungs. We've had friends and family beg us to stop, and it's done little good. Yet for me, this thing worked. I thought the OP's depicting ecigs as "a lesser evil" to guys who are trying to better their lives and avoid an unimagineable death from cigarettes was pretty condescending. It's a lesser evil sort of like risk of parachuting is a lesser evil for people going down in a plane. But yeah, bottom line these things aren't candy, and are addictive. If you aren't trying to conquer a vastly worse addiction, don't start ecigging for kicks just because we look cool blasting away.
I didn't think he was condescending at all, but your comment back to him sure was. Obviously we see things differently.

Fro,I'm not being a wise ###, but I always wondered how very light smokers such as yourself found it difficult to quit. For me, I started shaking after an hour without a cigarette. These things have no real downside (other than the obvious nicotine) for the heavy smoker. Far be it for me to judge anyone, I just never understood how such light smokers could get really addicted. I know I am only projecting how my addiction worked, and everyone is different. I suppose my lack of understanding is not dissimilar to a non smoker not understanding MY addiction, and just how tough it was to kick. I never could have quit without these things. i think these things can be bad for very light smokers by increasing the nicotine addiction itself. I'm not sure this is a good option for light smokers.
I was a light smoker for years, but I decided to quit for personal health reasons. Even being a light smoker I was addicted to the nicotine and just the habit of smoking just to unwind, when I drink, stressed out, or just for the pleasurable sensation. Not only is the nicotine addictive, but the whole psychological aspect of smoking is powerful. You don't have to smoke a ton of cigarettes to be addicted. There is no way I'm going to buy any electronic cigarettes, because I'd love them just like Fullback Fro does. I still have that psychological urge to smoke at least three times a week. It's rough.

I have a couple of questions about the mg dosage I hope someone can answer for me. I have been refering some friends to V4L website and was asked how many mg one analog ciggarette contains. I was asked because I received the 5 pack of 5mg carts with my order and told folks that it was like air to me so I ordered the 18 and 24 mg carts. When searching for how many mg dosage is in an anaolog cigg I was told less then 2 mg per analog cigg in most cases. That got me wondering why 18 and 24 mg is safe and why the 5 mg doesn't do so much. If anyone has any thoughts on this could you let me know. I've tried to keep up with the thread but its become very long so let me know if I just need to reread and I will. Thanks
Heres a thread with some good info regarding nic contenthttp://www.e-cigaret...ne-e-juice.html
Interesting quote from E-how.com:

An average smoker takes about 15 puffs on a cigarette, which ranges from 1 to 2 mg of nicotine consumption per cigarette. Comparatively, 15 puffs on a 16 mg cartridge would equal about 0.15 mg of nicotine. Thus, the nicotine absorption is far less in an e-cigarette than a regular cigarette.
So since i'm switching between 4mg/6mg ecigs i'm getting 'next' to nothing nicotine wise.So maybe i'm not 'saving my life' but i'm sure as hell adding days to it compared to a pack of Marlboro lights a day!!

Early on I could tell I was hitting the e-cig more often than I was hitting the analogs. Heck, I take it into my office now and hit it quite often. However, when I compare the amount of drags I'm taking it isn't even close.

My commute to work would see me going through 5 or 6 anologs and the drive home from work is about 90 minutes and I'd go through 7 or 8 analogs regularly. At lunch I'd go sit in my car, read the paper and go through 4 or 5 analogs. That's a LOT, at least in my mind. If I'm hitting the on e-cig 100 or even 200 times a day, it's a lesser evil. By far. And, the biggest benefit to me is the ability to lower, gradually, the nicotine content I'm vaping and eventually get to my goal of 0. I started at 18mg and I'm still there for now after 2 weeks. Analogs don't really offer that option and really don't have any incentive to. I know it's going to take a while to get to 0 and stay there, but I'll get there. All the while saving a good bit of money.

So those that feel the need to flame or point out the obvious to those of us who've chosen this option, feel free. I feel great and I'm feeling better every single day.

This is a great group of people who've chosen a method to improve their lives and at the same time encourage and inform others about it.

I feel great and I'm feeling better every single day.
:thumbup: This is all that mattersCurrently vaping: mix of Halo Freedom Juice/Torque56. I only have a small stash of this, so I'm using it sparingly...its amazing, with a great TH, great vapor, and a nice tobacco/caramel/vanilla/leather taste without being too sweet. I may order more of both to mix together for when I feel like relaxing in flavor country.

I was a light smoker for years, but I decided to quit for personal health reasons. Even being a light smoker I was addicted to the nicotine and just the habit of smoking just to unwind, when I drink, stressed out, or just for the pleasurable sensation. Not only is the nicotine addictive, but the whole psychological aspect of smoking is powerful. You don't have to smoke a ton of cigarettes to be addicted. There is no way I'm going to buy any electronic cigarettes, because I'd love them just like Fullback Fro does. I still have that psychological urge to smoke at least three times a week. It's rough.
Yeah, I admitted I didn't understand it, but I certainly did not, not will I downplay the HOW and WHY of anyone else's addiction. It just was something I could not get my head wrapped around. I knew a guy that only smoked on weekends and Tuesday nights. He could not quit, and wanted to. I was like, well, how in the H do you get through Wed, and Thurs like that? My addiction had to be fed every hour. Just because I don't get it doesn't mean it's every bit as real as my addiction. This sort of thing only helps me to understand why non smokers can't wrap their heads around my addiction. They just don't understand it.

Yeah, I admitted I didn't understand it, but I certainly did not, not will I downplay the HOW and WHY of anyone else's addiction. It just was something I could not get my head wrapped around. I knew a guy that only smoked on weekends and Tuesday nights. He could not quit, and wanted to. I was like, well, how in the H do you get through Wed, and Thurs like that? My addiction had to be fed every hour. Just because I don't get it doesn't mean it's every bit as real as my addiction. This sort of thing only helps me to understand why non smokers can't wrap their heads around my addiction. They just don't understand it.
Yea, as Drfg said. Sometimes its more of a psychological addiction. For instance, I could go days without cigs and not think twice about it but if I go out with buddies and have some beers, a seven nation army couldn't hold me back from getting my hands on a cig. I can smoke like a champ for a night and go through 5 or 6. I may feel a slight nic fit the following night but after that, it was over, until the next time a social or psychological trigger occurred. Its weird, Its not a normal way to be addicted to tobacco, but its the way I was addicted. Now I have to find a way to cope with the increased level of nicotine addiction, with the decreased level of tobacco addiction.

Feel the same exact way. I've always been jealous of people that can enjoy the habit in what seems like moderation to me and never really looked at them as being addicted. Just don't really understand it. Like you, not trying to downplay here. All of my failed quitting attempts were always more me trying to find some way to moderate it successfully rather than just going ahead and quitting. I'm just unable to do that. That alone is keeping me from even taking a puff off of one of these things to see what it's about despite actually seeing them in action both this Sunday and Tuesday from people I know.

Oh, and I'm really jealous of all of you guys. My top priority in this whole endeavor has been to stop taking in carbon monoxide, which is why I've said THC is worthwhile and grabbed the volcano. These things seem like they would solve the problem as far as nicotine is concerned. But I'm more confident in my ability to regulate THC and limit that to a weekend deal. So far, I've been successful on that. None yesterday, none today...but I'm really looking forward to Friday night.

Ordered the V4L kit 2 days ago. Really hoping to see it tommorrow. I currently smoke about a pack a day. I got the nuport flavor (I'm hoping this is a menthol flavor)and a pack of 5 blank wow's. Going to place an order with Backwood Brew now. Now I'm worried I'll run out of carts as I hear all this steeping talk for the juice. Looking forward to being cancer stick free and hoping I can convince the wife to hop aboard! :thumbup:

I didn't think he was condescending at all, but your comment back to him sure was. Obviously we see things differently.
You're right. I should have left it alone and wish I had. What can I say... I'm edgy. I've recently quit smoking.:ptts:Reading Fullback's post I know this is not something to be completely trifled. Got me to a much safer place, but it's a health concern probably. I'd love to believe the 1-2 mg vs .15 info Pantherz linked, but I don't know enough about it and suspect it's worse than that since my nicotine cravings feel like they're getting met. I'm definitely going to keep thinking a lot about managing nicotine.

Got my V4L XL manual battery last night and the WOW Cafe Mocha cartos.

Odd first experience. Took the battery out and pressed the manual button and the battery lit up right away. I like that they sent it charged. Busted out the first Cafe Mocha carto and attached it. Took a nice long hearty pull and.... nothing. No vapor. Hmmm. I try again, and nothing. The battery is lighting up but no vapor is being produced. So, I unscrew the cart and attach a MaxxFusion carto and do the same. It's like the 4th of July. More vapor than you can shake a stick at. So, I put the WOW carto on one of the Bloog batteries and take a pull. Works like a charm.

So now I'm confused. The V4L carto works on the Bloog battery and vice-versa, but the V4L carto doesn't work on the V4L battery. So, I take another WOW carto out of the 5-pack and screw it on to the V4L battery. This one works just fine. So, I guess there was a defect in that first carto, but it worked fine on all my MaxxFusion batteries. Oh well, I have both, so who cares? :shock:

As far as performance goes, this manual battery brings the noise. Aesthetically, I prefer the Bloog. The size is much more like a Marlboro 100 with the Bloog 78mm battery (with the 65 mm mini, it's more like a Marlboro) but with the 102mm battery, it's more the size of a pen. Also, the Bloog battery is textured and has a more high-end feel to it. The V4L battery is glossy and feels.. I don't know.. cheaper. But, it is cheaper, so it has that going for it. Now, aesthetics aside (which, let's face it, are not that important), the V4L XL manual has it going ON ! Hits harder than the Bloog battery - almost too freaking hard. I actually made myself cough for the first time by attempting a 10 second max pull on the Vapor King XL. This thing takes the lower TH juices that I sometimes put aside with the Bloog because they lacked punch and gives them a whole new life. Very, very impressed with the performance. I could probably drop the nic level on my cartos and still be satisfied using this battery (although I would plow through juice faster.) This will probably be my go-to battery from here on out, at least at home.

Now, the cartos, I don't like as much. They're smaller than the Bloog cartos, and the plastic tip you need to remove to re-fill is much harder to get off (requires a tool of some sort.) You also can't really drip right into the tip. The multi-functionality of the Bloog cartos makes them markedly superior in my book - you can condom fill them, drip right into the tip, remove the tip with your hands and drip down the side, or fill by syringe. You can easily fill on the go, as a result. I've filled at a stop light in 15 seconds and been blasting away by the time the light turned green. This wouldn't be possible with the V4L cartos. Further, I don't really care much for the taste of the Cafe Mocha right off the top. I know they've gotten a lot of good reviews around here, so I'm going to keep using it and see if my opinion changes, but first reaction, I like the Bloog flavors a lot better. The carto also doesn't seem to perform quite as well, the TH and vapor production are slightly down from the MaxxFusion. Add all those together, and I'd say the Bloog cartos are clearly superior.

I also noticed no drop-off in production mixing parts. They are truly compatible. The one weird thing is trying to charge the V4L XL battery on my Bloog charger. It seems to be working, but I'm not 100% sure. The instructions for the V4L battery say the LED tip turns off while it's charging. This does happen, but every 10 seconds or so, the LED tip flashes 15 times while it's on the charger. While this happens, the indicator light on the charger goes from red (charging) to green (fully charged.) As soon as the blinking stops, the light turns back to red again. Then 10 seconds later, the same thing. I had to leave for work with the battery on the charger, so we'll see how this all plays out at lunch time.

Bottom line : you can't go wrong with either of these. For someone looking for maximum performance at the best price, I'd probably advise them to forget about buying a kit and just order some V4L XL batteries and a charger, then go to Bloog and order your cartos there. Bloog's carto technology is clearly head and shoulders above the rest, but they do not have a battery that can hit like this 102mm manual. Add to this that V4L shipping seems to be faster, and their prices better, and I'd get my base supplies from them and then just order MaxxFusion cartos.

You're right. I should have left it alone and wish I had. What can I say... I'm edgy. I've recently quit smoking. :shock:

Reading Fullback's post I know this is not something to be completely trifled. Got me to a much safer place, but it's a health concern probably. I'd love to believe the 1-2 mg vs .15 info Pantherz linked, but I don't know enough about it and suspect it's worse than that since my nicotine cravings feel like they're getting met. I'm definitely going to keep thinking a lot about managing nicotine.
This wouldn't surprise me, since a good portion of this is psychological as people referenced. I'm pretty sure a good portion of the time I was smoking wasn't because I needed the nicotine but because I was bored and needed something to do. Even now, that's the part I'm struggling with some. For instance, I'd like a smoke this very second. I'm not having a nic fit in the slightest, I'm well past that point. I just want to be smoking something...

You're right. I should have left it alone and wish I had. What can I say... I'm edgy. I've recently quit smoking. :ptts:

Reading Fullback's post I know this is not something to be completely trifled. Got me to a much safer place, but it's a health concern probably. I'd love to believe the 1-2 mg vs .15 info Pantherz linked, but I don't know enough about it and suspect it's worse than that since my nicotine cravings feel like they're getting met. I'm definitely going to keep thinking a lot about managing nicotine.
This wouldn't surprise me, since a good portion of this is psychological as people referenced. I'm pretty sure a good portion of the time I was smoking wasn't because I needed the nicotine but because I was bored and needed something to do. Even now, that's the part I'm struggling with some. For instance, I'd like a smoke this very second. I'm not having a nic fit in the slightest, I'm well past that point. I just want to be smoking something...
You could always get a battery and some 0mg cartos and see if that satiates those cravings. Or just keep toughing it out like the bad-### motherf###er you've been thus far.

EG... the V4L cartos sometimes need to have the center post of the carto lifted. Do this by inserting a pin into the center hole and lift the center post up a bit by tilting the pin or needle just a bit to the side. Turn the carto 180 degrees and repeat. It sounds like you had a carto that had a slightly deprerssed center post, and it wasn't making contact on the battery side of the V4L manual 808.

You like the V4L manual? Buy a Buzz from NotCigs. This thing will pin your ears back and blow the hair off of your head. I am not exaggerating. My 24mg stuff vapes like 36mg. I vape heavilly, and I get a full day out of one set of batteries without recharging. It's big, the size of a roll of nickles, but a bit longer at 4 1/8th of an inch long. I don't take long deep vapes with it. It vapes more like a cigarette.

Next I want to get the 808 mega carts from Ikenvape. He's out of stock right now, but these cartos got great reviews and hold at least 60 drops. A Buzz and a mega carto... = a night out in the pub vaping heavilly with no other accessories or spare cartos/batteries needed.

I still really like my V4L manuals. They have a place in my vaping arsenal. But this Buzz.... it is over the top. MORE flavor, vapor production and TH. Flavors are over the top. The Buzz is a variable voltage PV. Not for use with LR attys. Even my WOW cartos get a little hot on the Buzz, it needs higher resistance attys like the Cool Carts and mega 808 at 3 ohms. It would fry 2 ohm cartos. It's all about the amperage. The higher voltage means more power, and on a LR atty, TOO much amperage. LR attys are for 3.8 PV's like the V4L manual 808's.

There is a pinned thread in the V4L forum with videos showing how to lift the center post on both cartos and on the 808 battery side as I tried to describe here. The QC in China on these cartos is pretty poor, and sometimes the threads being molded and not machined have faults which makes some cartos hard to screw onto the batts. I have some cheap adapters on hand to force onto the occassional bad carto with bad threads to get them cleaned out.

EG... the V4L cartos sometimes need to have the center post of the carto lifted. Do this by inserting a pin into the center hole and lift the center post up a bit by tilting the pin or needle just a bit to the side. Turn the carto 180 degrees and repeat. It sounds like you had a carto that had a slightly deprerssed center post, and it wasn't making contact on the battery side of the V4L manual 808. You like the V4L manual? Buy a Buzz from NotCigs. This thing will pin your ears back and blow the hair off of your head. I am not exaggerating. My 24mg stuff vapes like 36mg. I vape heavilly, and I get a full day out of one set of batteries without recharging. It's big, the size of a roll of nickles, but a bit longer at 4 1/8th of an inch long. I don't take long deep vapes with it. It vapes more like a cigarette. Next I want to get the 808 mega carts from Ikenvape. He's out of stock right now, but these cartos got great reviews and hold at least 60 drops. A Buzz and a mega carto... = a night out in the pub vaping heavilly with no other accessories or spare cartos/batteries needed. I still really like my V4L manuals. They have a place in my vaping arsenal. But this Buzz.... it is over the top. MORE flavor, vapor production and TH. Flavors are over the top. The Buzz is a variable voltage PV. Not for use with LR attys. Even my WOW cartos get a little hot on the Buzz, it needs higher resistance attys like the Cool Carts and mega 808 at 3 ohms. It would fry 2 ohm cartos. It's all about the amperage. The higher voltage means more power, and on a LR atty, TOO much amperage. LR attys are for 3.8 PV's like the V4L manual 808's. There is a pinned thread in the V4L forum with videos showing how to lift the center post on both cartos and on the 808 battery side as I tried to describe here. The QC in China on these cartos is pretty poor, and sometimes the threads being molded and not machined have faults which makes some cartos hard to screw onto the batts. I have some cheap adapters on hand to force onto the occassional bad carto with bad threads to get them cleaned out.
My next PV is going to be a mod for sure. I now have 4 auto Bloog batteries and 1 XL manual from V4L, so I'm pretty well set. I'll do what you suggested with the carto, no problems there.Follow-up : wife just called me and the charger is still switching from green to red and the led tip blinking 15 times every 10 seconds or so, so I have no idea if the battery is fully charged or not. Guess I'll either have to invest in a charger from V4L or just leave the manual battery on the Bloog charger overnight every night and just hope it's done when I wake up. :thumbup:

I have no idea if the V4L batts are compatable with a Bloog charger... I do know a V4L charger will work with any and all V4L batts.

Just got my V4L XL Manual and a pack of coffee samplers.

This battery is pretty sick, I got the gun-metal one and it looks and feels pretty bad-###. The LED is green ... !

First impression...I dont think its got much of a charge, because the first 3 cartos I put on it didnt impress me with much more vapor production than my auto XLs. Ill put it on the charger for a while and see if that helps.

Premium 18mg Coffee sampler on an XL auto:

Espresso: YUCK. Tastes like burnt coffee grounds. Good vapor and TH, but taste wise Im not a fan. Pass.

Vanilla mocha frap: I like the taste of this one. Tastes like vanilla coffee, with a little sweetness. Good TH and vapor, nothing over the top, but not bad.

Coffee: Outstanding vapor and TH with this one, and the coffee flavor is decent.

Caramel mocha frap: Nice TH and vapor production. Taste could use some more sweetness.

Cappuccino: Ive had this one a few times and love it. but this carto doesnt have quite the same sweetness that Ive experienced with this flavor. TH and vapor are both perfect though.

Freebie WOW Melon 18mg: Ive had this one before, and its surprisingly good. Kind of a cool feel, not mentholy, but kind of, very melony. TH id rate about a 7, with really nice vapor.

Freebie WOW Pineapple 18mg: Good vapor and throat hit, and the taste isnt bad, Id probably like it paired with coconut in a Pina Colada flavor.

So overall, I dont think Id reorder any of these other than Vanilla Mocha Frap and Cappuccino. The Melon is decent, but Im not a fan of buying the fruity flavors.

My Waffle juice from Tasty Vapors should be here tomorrow or Saturday...I cant WAIT to try it...

'Evilgrin 72 said:
Got my V4L XL manual battery last night and the WOW Cafe Mocha cartos.

I also noticed no drop-off in production mixing parts. They are truly compatible. The one weird thing is trying to charge the V4L XL battery on my Bloog charger. It seems to be working, but I'm not 100% sure. The instructions for the V4L battery say the LED tip turns off while it's charging. This does happen, but every 10 seconds or so, the LED tip flashes 15 times while it's on the charger. While this happens, the indicator light on the charger goes from red (charging) to green (fully charged.) As soon as the blinking stops, the light turns back to red again. Then 10 seconds later, the same thing. I had to leave for work with the battery on the charger, so we'll see how this all plays out at lunch time.
I dont think its charging properly...when you connect it to a charger, the LED on the battery should flash 3 times, then turn off. On the V4L wall charger, the light on the charger turns RED when charging, and GREEN when charged. On the USB charger, the charger light is red with a blue blink every 10 seconds or so while charging, then solid Blue when charged.But you need to see the battery LED flash 3 times to know youve got a good charge connection. Also, be sure to STOP screwing the battery in when the LED flashes...you dont need to go any tighter.

ETA: Sometimes I have to screw the battery in 2 or 3 times before the battery LED will flash..Ive found that turning the battery backwards very lightly until I feel the "click", then screwing it on the charger seems to help get the connection right on the first try. This is a good practice with anything with soft threads, as it avoids accidental cross-threading.

Espresso: YUCK. Tastes like burnt coffee grounds. Good vapor and TH, but taste wise Im not a fan. Pass.Cappuccino: Ive had this one a few times and love it. but this carto doesnt have quite the same sweetness that Ive experienced with this flavor. TH and vapor are both perfect though.
I can see where Expresso would not be appealing to some. Do you like expresso coffee vs. American coffee? I personally love it, although it is vastly stronger and does have a bit of a burnt coffee bean taste. I thought the carts were pretty true to form, but again can see how some wouldn;t like it. Europeans don;t much like our coffee either. :fishing: On Capuccino, Since I bashed it a couple times I should say I have had a couple very good carts in a row from the pack I got. Not sure if my first cart was just bad/weak, if there is a difference for me with the USB, or what the deal was. I am getting better TH with the carts I've tried since using the USB and even with the manual XL yesterday.

Review of the Tobacco sampler from V4L - All cool carts 4mg

Note - My rating of VH i'm sure will vary greatly from what you 18mg+ guys are getting. Based on some youtube clips i've seen i imagine good VH for you guys are smoke signals announcing the attack on Custer! :lol:

So for the folks using the lesser mg carts here goes.

Hilton - Ok VH and a mild TH. Tastes of unburned tobacco. Could be a reorder.

RY4 - Good VH and a mild TH. It tastes ok, nothing special. Pass

Kant - Next to no VH at all and low TH. I've tried it on 3 occasions and every time i ask "what is that?" I can't identify the taste which makes it unpleasant to me. Pass

Dunhall - Good VH and no TH. Good for an ultra light smoker i would think. Maybe the Carlton folks. If you want nothing in the throat this is for you. Pass

555 - Low VH and almost no TH. It tastes old to me. Like that pack of smokes with only a couple left i kept in the truck for emergencies. Pass

Of all the tobaccos the Hilton is the only one i would even think of reordering.

Rootbeer juice low mg - Decent VH and mild TH. If i could get the taste on every hit i would love this but it seems to be like an every third hit thing. I'll try it on the XL battery when it comes in or maybe try a different blank for it. Might have to bump the mg on it. When it does taste it is pretty good.

Bloog is out of stock on blanks so i'm hanging on to the last few reds that came with my starter. As stated above, they definitely are easier to work with when a quick refill or top off is needed.

Espresso: YUCK. Tastes like burnt coffee grounds. Good vapor and TH, but taste wise Im not a fan. Pass.Cappuccino: Ive had this one a few times and love it. but this carto doesnt have quite the same sweetness that Ive experienced with this flavor. TH and vapor are both perfect though.
I can see where Expresso would not be appealing to some. Do you like expresso coffee vs. American coffee? I personally love it, although it is vastly stronger and does have a bit of a burnt coffee bean taste. I thought the carts were pretty true to form, but again can see how some wouldn;t like it. Europeans don;t much like our coffee either. :lol: On Capuccino, Since I bashed it a couple times I should say I have had a couple very good carts in a row from the pack I got. Not sure if my first cart was just bad/weak, if there is a difference for me with the USB, or what the deal was. I am getting better TH with the carts I've tried since using the USB and even with the manual XL yesterday.
I dont like coffee at all (I dont drink caffeine), but I like coffee flavored stuff. Ive never had espresso, so I dont know what its supposed to taste like...I think I was expecting something sweet? lol And the manual battery has been charged up a bit and it definitely hits pretty nice. Not sure if I like it better than my regular autos though. The thing I like best about it is not having to worry about getting juice inside and shorting out the battery.

Users who are viewing this thread