What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (1 Viewer)

On all the drop bottles I have, the top comes off with a twist and pull...I'm going the syringe route as well. Blank short cartos hold 1ml of juice (1.5 for the longer ones). Should make filling faster and cleaner.
:shrug: I'll have to try that when I get home. Worst case scenario, I can always jack some glass bottles and droppers from my warehouse here.

Thanks to Evilgrin, and others in this thread, I just ordered a starter kit from Bloog. I hope it works. I went with the 16mg Reds to test this process out and see if it's for me. Thanks for all of the information, EG72. Quick question for the users in here: How long does each cart last? And does it make sense to buy blanks if I decide to stay with it? Obviously, I'd love to have this be much cheaper than the analog habit (I really love the "analog" moniker).Oh, and I found an 11% promo code online that worked for me. BL3456ELVN. :fingerscrossed:
Best of luck, bro. The cartos seem to vary as far as how long they last. People have reported getting up to 17-18 days on a single carto with the new Bloog model. I've been rotating through 3-6 flavors a day, so I don't work any one carto too hard. I've probably filled some of them 2-3 times already. I ordered 3 packs of 5 pre-filled cartos with my initial order. It really depends on how much you vape, how often you're vaping off the same carto, and how dry you let them get before you refill them. Best guess (and this really IS a guess, based on "average" use I've seen people discuss online) is that you'll vape 2 cartos a day and can refill each one about a dozen times, give or take. So, a 5-pack of cartos should theoretically last you 60 fills at 2 a day, so that would be a month's worth. Again, their catchphrase in the e-cig world is "your mileage may vary", so you may find yourself only needing two cartos a month, or you may need 20. The cartos are sold to be used once and discarded, but no one in their right mind would do this - even the guy who designs them refills them (Leaford.) At that rate, it would be as expensive as smoking.. although you would have the beenfit of never having to re-fill or buy juice. That would also, however, severely limit your flavor options, the breadth of which is one of the fun things about vaping as opposed to smoking.As far as buying blanks, at Bloog, a 5-pack is $9.99 and a 5-pack of pre-filled is $10.99, so I just bought pre-filled and then filled them with different flavors when they ran out. Only reason to buy blanks would be because you have a juice flavor you want to vape unmolested by whatever flavor the carto was pre-filled with or because you don't like any of the pre-fill flavors.

Just found out i can refill my SmokeStick cartos!

Pisses me off i've thrown away so many but at least i can try some new stuff going forward.

Still vaping and loving it, almost two weeks off analogs.

Came across this article, and thought I'd post it in this thread. Primarily because I noticed at the end that you can get a free trial kit for the price of shipping ($4.95) :lmao: Those of you smokers who remain skeptical about e-cigs, this could be a great way to find out for yourselves, for very little investment. Kicker is you need to order by tomorrow.

Hope they work for someone...

The Health Reports - Electronic Cigarettes: Are They Really Better For Your Health? Is This The Death Of Big Tobacco?

Came across this article, and thought I'd post it in this thread. Primarily because I noticed at the end that you can get a free trial kit for the price of shipping ($4.95) :unsure: Those of you smokers who remain skeptical about e-cigs, this could be a great way to find out for yourselves, for very little investment. Kicker is you need to order by tomorrow.

The Health Reports - Electronic Cigarettes: Are They Really Better For Your Health? Is This The Death Of Big Tobacco?
That seems like a well thought out, objectively written piece of journalism. :X

Thanks to Evilgrin, and others in this thread, I just ordered a starter kit from Bloog. I hope it works. I went with the 16mg Reds to test this process out and see if it's for me. Thanks for all of the information, EG72. Quick question for the users in here: How long does each cart last? And does it make sense to buy blanks if I decide to stay with it? Obviously, I'd love to have this be much cheaper than the analog habit (I really love the "analog" moniker).Oh, and I found an 11% promo code online that worked for me. BL3456ELVN. :fingerscrossed:
Best of luck, bro. The cartos seem to vary as far as how long they last. People have reported getting up to 17-18 days on a single carto with the new Bloog model. I've been rotating through 3-6 flavors a day, so I don't work any one carto too hard. I've probably filled some of them 2-3 times already. I ordered 3 packs of 5 pre-filled cartos with my initial order. It really depends on how much you vape, how often you're vaping off the same carto, and how dry you let them get before you refill them. Best guess (and this really IS a guess, based on "average" use I've seen people discuss online) is that you'll vape 2 cartos a day and can refill each one about a dozen times, give or take. So, a 5-pack of cartos should theoretically last you 60 fills at 2 a day, so that would be a month's worth. Again, their catchphrase in the e-cig world is "your mileage may vary", so you may find yourself only needing two cartos a month, or you may need 20. The cartos are sold to be used once and discarded, but no one in their right mind would do this - even the guy who designs them refills them (Leaford.) At that rate, it would be as expensive as smoking.. although you would have the beenfit of never having to re-fill or buy juice. That would also, however, severely limit your flavor options, the breadth of which is one of the fun things about vaping as opposed to smoking.As far as buying blanks, at Bloog, a 5-pack is $9.99 and a 5-pack of pre-filled is $10.99, so I just bought pre-filled and then filled them with different flavors when they ran out. Only reason to buy blanks would be because you have a juice flavor you want to vape unmolested by whatever flavor the carto was pre-filled with or because you don't like any of the pre-fill flavors.
Thanks for the detailed reply. If I continue on with the e-cigs, I will definitely be going the refill route.When you are smoking one, how many puffs would you usually take at a time?

Came across this article, and thought I'd post it in this thread. Primarily because I noticed at the end that you can get a free trial kit for the price of shipping ($4.95) :lol: Those of you smokers who remain skeptical about e-cigs, this could be a great way to find out for yourselves, for very little investment. Kicker is you need to order by tomorrow.

That seems like a well thought out, objectively written piece of journalism. :lmao:
:lmao:

Thanks for the detailed reply. If I continue on with the e-cigs, I will definitely be going the refill route.When you are smoking one, how many puffs would you usually take at a time?
It varies. When I'm sitting in my office, I'll pull it out every 30-60 minutes and just take 1-2 puffs. Every now and again, I'll go outside to get some air and hit it 6-10 times like I was smoking a regular cigarette, but I do this less frequently than I used to smoke cigarettes. When I'm in the car commuting, I'll keep it in my hand for the whole 15-20 minute drive and just hit it every minute or two. That's another nice thing, you can hit it as you feel like it rather than lighting a cigarette and if you don't actively smoke it, it burns away.

Came across this article, and thought I'd post it in this thread. Primarily because I noticed at the end that you can get a free trial kit for the price of shipping ($4.95) :lol: Those of you smokers who remain skeptical about e-cigs, this could be a great way to find out for yourselves, for very little investment. Kicker is you need to order by tomorrow.

That seems like a well thought out, objectively written piece of journalism. :lmao:
Paid ads for products are historically very objective.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked the tracking number for my V4L order and it is at my house. I'm excited to give this a go and can only hope I have the results so many here have had.

2 hours or so and I'll be a vaper....

SteevieG said:
Just checked the tracking number for my V4L order and it is at my house. I'm excited to give this a go and can only hope I have the results so many here have had.2 hours or so and I'll be a vaper....
:thumbup:

SteevieG said:
Just checked the tracking number for my V4L order and it is at my house. I'm excited to give this a go and can only hope I have the results so many here have had.2 hours or so and I'll be a vaper....
Did you get a USB bypass? You might have to wait till tomorrow to get your batteries charged. I've been reading about the USB bypasses and the risk of it over loading the port, and the risk of serious damage to your comp. I've used it with no problems, but I think I want to find a place to by an ac wall outlet bypass just to be safe. LOL... V4L also send me 3 samples. They sent a Wowboy, which looks just like the Cowboy I ordered. I mixed them up and yes, the Wowboy is a mint flavor. I much prefer the Cowboy. I smoke Marlboro lights, 2 1/2 packs a day. Any carto over 18mg makes me cough immediately. They included a colada 24mg carto, and it just make me hack right away. The 8mg's are definitely not strong enough. The 18's seem just right. So, very happy my 30ml of Cowboy does NOT taste like this Wowboy I first had. I havent tried to load a cart yet. Do you need a subscription to buy syringes these days?Edit: Just loaded my first cart. Definitely need a better delivery system than the dropper bottle it comes in. I spilled come and over filled it. Not a good thing with these auto batteries. I am THRILLED wit the Cowboy 18mg juice. It's perfect for me. Just the right throat hit, just the right vapor... in fact, it may be marginally too strong, tiny bit of a nicotine buzz. I don't plan on playing around with any more flavors. I don't want to get to liking vaping too much. aIt's a step towards going no nicotine.

Evilgrin 72 said:
I think my favorite juice yet is Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions. Terrific stuff. 100% VG so the throat hit isn't as strong as the Bloog pre-filled cartos, but it's good enough, and the flavor is terrific. Like unlit tobacco but with an undefined sweet note to it. You find yourself just wanting to go back to it again and again.
Thats how Id describe Halo's Freedom Juice. How much was the juice from Alien Visions? (Im gettin ready to go out to dinner, no time to research lol)

SteevieG said:
Just checked the tracking number for my V4L order and it is at my house. I'm excited to give this a go and can only hope I have the results so many here have had.

Did you get a USB bypass? You might have to wait till tomorrow to get your batteries charged. I've been reading about the USB bypasses and the risk of it over loading the port, and the risk of serious damage to your comp. I've used it with no problems, but I think I want to find a place to by an ac wall outlet bypass just to be safe. LOL... V4L also send me 3 samples. They sent a Wowboy, which looks just like the Cowboy I ordered. I mixed them up and yes, the Wowboy is a mint flavor. I much prefer the Cowboy.

I smoke Marlboro lights, 2 1/2 packs a day. Any carto over 18mg makes me cough immediately. They included a colada 24mg carto, and it just make me hack right away. The 8mg's are definitely not strong enough. The 18's seem just right.

So, very happy my 30ml of Cowboy does NOT taste like this Wowboy I first had. I havent tried to load a cart yet. Do you need a subscription to buy syringes these days?

Edit: Just loaded my first cart. Definitely need a better delivery system than the dropper bottle it comes in. I spilled come and over filled it. Not a good thing with these auto batteries. I am THRILLED wit the Cowboy 18mg juice. It's perfect for me. Just the right throat hit, just the right vapor... in fact, it may be marginally too strong, tiny bit of a nicotine buzz. I don't plan on playing around with any more flavors. I don't want to get to liking vaping too much. aIt's a step towards going no nicotine.
I hope I'm that excited when my new stuff arrives.

Evilgrin 72 said:
It is pretty simple. It does usually leave a couple drops of juice in the "condom" and more on the outside of the carto, so you need to wipe the carto down and clean off the battery end of it after finishing, then rinse out the condom (if you're going to put it back on the carto or fill another carto with a different flavor you don't want to mix with what you just filled.) Make sure also to blow through it and clear the center tube before putting it back on a battery. Also, I wouldn't try to vape a carto immediately after filling with this method. It takes a little time for all the juice to seep into the filler material, so I'd lay it down after filling and wiping, and let it sit for at least 10 minutes (and ideally closer to 30) before vaping it, otherwise, you may get juice in your mouth and in the center tube.
Yup, you CAN vape soon after a refill, but Ive found I get much better results if I let them sit for about 6 hours or so...they seem to last all day when I give them that amount of time to soak in. I usually fill a couple of carts before I go to bed, and leave them sitting upright on my desk (bottom condom on, top condom off) so gravity and the wicking action can work their magic. By that time, if I remove the rubber cap, the batting doesnt look wet, and I can usually add 2-4 more drops without leaking or gurgling, seal em up and Im good to go for most of the day.Im a topper though, when I taste the flavor diminishing at all, Ill pop off the top and add 6-8 drops to keep it goin if I dont have any full carts handy...so I always have 5-10ml of juice with me just for that purpose.

SteevieG said:

Did you get a USB bypass? You might have to wait till tomorrow to get your batteries charged. I've been reading about the USB bypasses and the risk of it over loading the port, and the risk of serious damage to your comp. I've used it with no problems, but I think I want to find a place to by an ac wall outlet bypass just to be safe. LOL... V4L also send me 3 samples. They sent a Wowboy, which looks just like the Cowboy I ordered. I mixed them up and yes, the Wowboy is a mint flavor. I much prefer the Cowboy.

I smoke Marlboro lights, 2 1/2 packs a day. Any carto over 18mg makes me cough immediately. They included a colada 24mg carto, and it just make me hack right away. The 8mg's are definitely not strong enough. The 18's seem just right.

So, very happy my 30ml of Cowboy does NOT taste like this Wowboy I first had. I havent tried to load a cart yet. Do you need a subscription to buy syringes these days?

Edit: Just loaded my first cart. Definitely need a better delivery system than the dropper bottle it comes in. I spilled come and over filled it. Not a good thing with these auto batteries. I am THRILLED wit the Cowboy 18mg juice. It's perfect for me. Just the right throat hit, just the right vapor... in fact, it may be marginally too strong, tiny bit of a nicotine buzz. I don't plan on playing around with any more flavors. I don't want to get to liking vaping too much. aIt's a step towards going no nicotine.
I hope I'm that excited when my new stuff arrives.
:thumbup:

moderated said:
Tecumseh said:
Athletic Supporter said:

Came across this article, and thought I'd post it in this thread. Primarily because I noticed at the end that you can get a free trial kit for the price of shipping ($4.95) :thumbup: Those of you smokers who remain skeptical about e-cigs, this could be a great way to find out for yourselves, for very little investment. Kicker is you need to order by tomorrow.

That seems like a well thought out, objectively written piece of journalism. :confused:
Paid ads for products are historically very objective.
Try a Google search on e-cig reviews. All I get is a bunch of websites selling their brand and they don't make any pretense of making a review.

FWIW..... I have figured out I was trying too hard. This aint weed. Vapor improved with easier pulls and that might explain the juice in the mouth thing I had.

FWIW..... I have figured out I was trying too hard. This aint weed. Vapor improved with easier pulls and that might explain the juice in the mouth thing I had.
Slow and easy is the ticket. Seems with a harder draw you get too much air, too.

Alright, on one of my manual batteries the button won't push in. Does anyone have an actual phone number for V4L? The other one works and I think I like it.... Tried the Tobacco 555 first and the TH wasn't great nor was the vapor. Wife came home and I spang it on her and she took a drag and I could see the vapor much better. Maybe I didn't try hard enough.

But the defective battery concerns me.

Alright, on one of my manual batteries the button won't push in. Does anyone have an actual phone number for V4L? The other one works and I think I like it.... Tried the Tobacco 555 first and the TH wasn't great nor was the vapor. Wife came home and I spang it on her and she took a drag and I could see the vapor much better. Maybe I didn't try hard enough.But the defective battery concerns me.
i have no experience with manuals batteries...however...If the Battery is bad, no worries...log in to the website tomorrow and go to the live chat in the help section...they will replace it without a problem....if no one is on live chat, open a support ticket, or better yet, register over @ e-cig-forum, go to the V4L forum and PM a mod there, they can expedite your issue...

Alright, on one of my manual batteries the button won't push in. Does anyone have an actual phone number for V4L? The other one works and I think I like it.... Tried the Tobacco 555 first and the TH wasn't great nor was the vapor. Wife came home and I spang it on her and she took a drag and I could see the vapor much better. Maybe I didn't try hard enough.But the defective battery concerns me.
You can go to their site and get a customer service ticket. I don't think they really want to deal with phone inquiries, but the number is on the cards they sent out with your order. They have a good rep for customer service. they should give you a replacement without much ado. I am enjoying the Cowboy, and I was a Marlboro lights smoker. 18mg. Happy with the TH and the vapor, but I have a USB bypass and auto batteries. I've heard the 555 isn't very popular. Do you have the Hilton carts? They seem to be popular.

i have no experience with manuals batteries...however...If the Battery is bad, no worries...log in to the website tomorrow and go to the live chat in the help section...they will replace it without a problem....if no one is on live chat, open a support ticket, or better yet, register over @ e-cig-forum, go to the V4L forum and PM a mod there, they can expedite your issue...
As for the V4L forum... you need to register and then have 5 posts before you can use the PM function. That site is VERY spam sensitive, and there is so much info... I've learned to be patient and understand that there is much to learn about these things and it will take some time and a few mistakes along the way. It is worthwhile to join that forum, I've gotten a lot of questions answered already. At least because of this thread, I didn't blow $160 at one of the shopping mall kiosks.

Evilgrin 72 said:
Sounds about right. I've found the best vapor production/throat hit comes when you don't force it. At least with the Bloog, if you pull on it HARD, it seems to be counter-productive. A nice gentle, consistent 5-7 second draw provides plumes of vapor and intense throat hit. Start with that and back off until you find your sweet spot (3-4 seconds for me.)
:mellow: Bottom line I was clearly pulling too hard before tonight. These posts were great info. If you pull very slighly for 4-5 seconds it works much better. Probably doubles the TH I was getting pulling hard.

Alright, on one of my manual batteries the button won't push in. Does anyone have an actual phone number for V4L? The other one works and I think I like it.... Tried the Tobacco 555 first and the TH wasn't great nor was the vapor. Wife came home and I spang it on her and she took a drag and I could see the vapor much better. Maybe I didn't try hard enough.

. I've heard the 555 isn't very popular.
According to the V4L site, 555 is one of the most popular premium carts, and its avg rating is pretty much 5 starshttp://store.vapor4life.com/ReviewsList.as...5&Reviews=Y

Im gonna have to try it and see for myself...maybe they are in the middle of a bad batch???

. I've heard the 555 isn't very popular.
According to the V4L site, 555 is one of the most popular premium carts, and its avg rating is pretty much 5 starshttp://store.vapor4life.com/ReviewsList.as...5&Reviews=Y

Im gonna have to try it and see for myself...maybe they are in the middle of a bad batch???
I was talking about a flavor... might not be 555, another number?

Edit: One of the sampler packs with the Hilton, Kant and Dunhall is called 555. I think the batt is a 505.

After further review the Cool Cart 555 with 18 nic is actually pretty good. The TH is better now that I've learned to use it but it still doesn't get much vapor. I'm not sure the vapor is going to be as important to me as the TH and taste.

Anyway, I filled out a service ticket with V4L for the defective battery and am waiting to see how that goes. I'll review their customer service and the other flavors I got as I use them.

Update :

The PCC I got with the Ultimate MaxxFusion starter kit didn't work. It came with the "guts" of it detached from the case and a large amount of dried glue in the bottom of the case where it was once affixed. Didn't work charging the battery either. I contacted them and they asked me to send it back, which I did at my expense ($5.25) I considered asking them to credit me for the shipping but figured I'd just shut up and send it. I mailed it last Friday and today received a new PCC and they threw in an additional 78mm battery and a mini battery for nothing, so now I have 4 batteries I can rotate. I guess sometimes it pays to keep one's mouth shut and play ball. :lmao:

E-juice reviews :

Bluemist Robacco - meh. I really want to love Bluemist juice because their prices are so good, but they're not wowing me with the standard flavor. I actually just ordered a couple more flavors from them with a PG/VG mix and added flavor, so I'm hoping those will stand up to the Alien Visions options. Robacco is not bad, just very weak, more so in flavor than TH. Flavor : 4/10, Hit : 5/10

Bluemist Robacco Menthol - mint. That's it. Doesn't resemble a menthol analog and lacks the character and vapor production of the AV Massive Chocolate Mint. Underwhelming. Flavor : 5/10, Hit : 5/10

I'm new to vaping, thanks to this thread, but having dropped almost $100 on a SouthBeach Smoke starter kit (which I'm returning b/c their cartos/battery combination just didn't pack enough punch for me) and another $100 on bloog's maxxfusion starter kit, plus extra cartos, and some ejuice from Halo, I wanted to pass along what looks like a decent bargain for those who are also looking to give this a try, but don't want to drop a couple c-notes just to get started...

Haven't ordered from MyVaporStore yet, but they have gotten good reviews over in the e-cigforums, and they have the KR808D1 batteries/cartos that I've enjoyed and other posters here are reporting success with this style of battery/cartridges being sold in starter kits from Vapor4Life and Bloog .

So I thought I would post the following link, since they have a very reasonable price, that might entice those of you sitting on the fence who are trying to decide whether or not to try vaping, or get one for someone you care about that struggles with smoking. As I mentioned, the battery type V4L and Bloog are using is the KR808D1 and MyVaporStore is selling a starter kit with two batteries, a 6 pack of various flavor cartos, a USB and a wall charger (no car adapter and no carrying case though), all for $34.50 and for an extra $6.50 you can add a carrying case that will store 2 batteries and 2 cartos (or I use mine to store 1 battery and 4 cartos at a time).

So for $40 you can a pretty good introduction and take the other $20-$40 or so you would've spent on a starter kit somewhere else and instead buy a variety of juice or pre-filled cartos compatible with the KR808D1 (from V4L, Bloog, Alien Visions, Halo or wherever) such as EG or Wingnut or one of the other posters here have given reviews on; and for around $75 you should get a introductory experience that runs the full gamut!

Geoff...the only concern I'd have is how is their customer service, and how are the reviews on their product? I'm @ work so can't check, but both V4L and bloog really take care of their customers....if that company does, I'd say its worth a shot....

Myself, I'd rather spend $60ish (incl shipping) for a V4L kit, you get more for your money (2 batts, Passthru, Usb charger, wall charger, 5 pack of carts plus a few freebie flavors), knowing there wouldn't be a problem if I needed a refund or replacement...You'd be spending much less that first month of vaping than you would smoking...after that, its just carts and juice, which are cheap for a months supply.

My second day of no analogs... from 2 1/2 packs of Marlboro Lights a day to just vaping. I find myself looking to grab a lighter... but so far, it is easier than I had even dared hope for. Two things... I tend to burp a bit, and the back of my throat gets dry. I will buy a humdifier today. My old one broke, and dry heat bothers me anyway, but even more so now.

Very happy with the V4L XL kit. As a Marlboro light smoker, I find I like the 8mg Cowboy with my morning coffee, and step up to 18mg carts later on in the day. The 18's made me cough in the morning. 24mg carts are just too strong for me.

My second day of no analogs... from 2 1/2 packs of Marlboro Lights a day to just vaping. I find myself looking to grab a lighter... but so far, it is easier than I had even dared hope for. Two things... I tend to burp a bit, and the back of my throat gets dry. I will buy a humdifier today. My old one broke, and dry heat bothers me anyway, but even more so now. Very happy with the V4L XL kit. As a Marlboro light smoker, I find I like the 8mg Cowboy with my morning coffee, and step up to 18mg carts later on in the day. The 18's made me cough in the morning. 24mg carts are just too strong for me.
:hifive:Tobacco loses its grip on yet another...... :sadbanana:

Wingnut said:
Geoff...the only concern I'd have is how is their customer service, and how are the reviews on their product? I'm @ work so can't check, but both V4L and bloog really take care of their customers....if that company does, I'd say its worth a shot.... Myself, I'd rather spend $60ish (incl shipping) for a V4L kit, you get more for your money (2 batts, Passthru, Usb charger, wall charger, 5 pack of carts plus a few freebie flavors), knowing there wouldn't be a problem if I needed a refund or replacement...You'd be spending much less that first month of vaping than you would smoking...after that, its just carts and juice, which are cheap for a months supply.
Yeah the reviews I've read over at E-Cigarette Forum (ECF) indicate that it is a reputable and dependable site with good customer service. Multiple threads over there where posters indicate they are pleased dating back from a few years ago on up to the present. There is even a thread specifically from a poster that ordered the KR808D1 from them last year and how they took care of him after he initially received a bad battery.I can't say that I have used them (yet), but if I knew a few weeks ago what I know now, I would want to get more bang for the buck by ordering my starter kit from myvaporstore. Then get a variety of tobacco type juices and cartos including a couple of prefilled 5packs each of "Red" and "RY4" cartos (maybe from bloog - at least that's where I got mine from with my starter kit), a bottle of Torque56 (from Halo), some "boba's bounty" (from Alien Vision) - all in relatively low 6-12mg nicotine doses to satisfy my analog smoking urges. And then I'ld order a bunch of samples of fruity and/or desert type juices from different ejuice sellers based on reviews from this thread (or those over at ECF) to ultimately move away from tobacco flavored juices and hopefully eventually eliminate the Nicotine dependency altogether as many of the fruity/food type juices can be ordered without any nicotine.

Wingnut said:
Geoff...the only concern I'd have is how is their customer service, and how are the reviews on their product? I'm @ work so can't check, but both V4L and bloog really take care of their customers....if that company does, I'd say its worth a shot.... Myself, I'd rather spend $60ish (incl shipping) for a V4L kit, you get more for your money (2 batts, Passthru, Usb charger, wall charger, 5 pack of carts plus a few freebie flavors), knowing there wouldn't be a problem if I needed a refund or replacement...You'd be spending much less that first month of vaping than you would smoking...after that, its just carts and juice, which are cheap for a months supply.
Yeah the reviews I've read over at E-Cigarette Forum (ECF) indicate that it is a reputable and dependable site with good customer service. Multiple threads over there where posters indicate they are pleased dating back from a few years ago on up to the present. There is even a thread specifically from a poster that ordered the KR808D1 from them last year and how they took care of him after he initially received a bad battery.I can't say that I have used them (yet), but if I knew a few weeks ago what I know now, I would want to get more bang for the buck by ordering my starter kit from myvaporstore. Then get a variety of tobacco type juices and cartos including a couple of prefilled 5packs each of "Red" and "RY4" cartos (maybe from bloog - at least that's where I got mine from with my starter kit), a bottle of Torque56 (from Halo), some "boba's bounty" (from Alien Vision) - all in relatively low 6-12mg nicotine doses to satisfy my analog smoking urges. And then I'ld order a bunch of samples of fruity and/or desert type juices from different ejuice sellers based on reviews from this thread (or those over at ECF) to ultimately move away from tobacco flavored juices and hopefully eventually eliminate the Nicotine dependency altogether as many of the fruity/food type juices can be ordered without any nicotine.
:lmao:there ya go, people...if youre on the fence about giving vaping a shot, heres a good cheap starting point. Youve got nothing to lose except your health if you dont at least try it....

I've been rotating the 2 V4L batteries (automatic) and seems like they are lasting a shorter duration. When the green indicator lights it should be fully charged right? I used a fresh battery last night between 10:00-12:00, and it was blinking right of the bat this morning. I swapped out with the overnight charged battery and used it 10:00 AM-2:00 PM, while recharging the other. The green indicator was showing on the charging battery, so I swapped out again the new one lasted 2:00-5:30 and started blinking. It's interesting this quick battery drain coincides with my discovery of the slow, deliberate inhale. It hasn't left me without a battery yet, but if the charged duration gets shorter it probably will at some point. Is this normal? I thought I read these lasted 8 hours ealier in the thread, although I have been taking pretty frequent drags.

BigJim, I've read that with heavy/steady vaping, the batteries will only last a few hours. I take occasional hits and mine last me most of the day...if I'm at home and puffing more frequently, I see a pretty dramatic decrease in length it holds a charge.

I've been rotating the 2 V4L batteries (automatic) and seems like they are lasting a shorter duration. When the green indicator lights it should be fully charged right? I used a fresh battery last night between 10:00-12:00, and it was blinking right of the bat this morning. I swapped out with the overnight charged battery and used it 10:00 AM-2:00 PM, while recharging the other. The green indicator was showing on the charging battery, so I swapped out again the new one lasted 2:00-5:30 and started blinking. It's interesting this quick battery drain coincides with my discovery of the slow, deliberate inhale. It hasn't left me without a battery yet, but if the charged duration gets shorter it probably will at some point. Is this normal? I thought I read these lasted 8 hours ealier in the thread, although I have been taking pretty frequent drags.
The green indicator light just means its charging as far as I can see. I don't think there is a point where it changes color to indicated it's fully charged. I may be wrong on this. I charged mine a couple of days ago and haven't had to charge it since. I don't use it a lot though.
Edited to add that I was wrong. It does turn from red to green. Sorry.

Be sure to clean the battery, including the threads, or so I have read. I used a little tissue paper with alchohol which seemed to work well enough. There is also a small nib which sometimes gets depressed, you can just lift it up with a jeweler's screwdriver. I have not had that problem, but read about it at the V4L forum.

Juice review :

Bluemist Honeydew Melon : Included this as a lark with my order and it's the last one of my initial juice order I hadn't tried. So far, I've been underwhelmed with Bluemist offerings, so I REALLY wasn't expecting much here. But damn.... this is pretty f'n good. I haven't been much of a fan of the fruity flavors to date, but this one is really quite nice. Satisfying too, the TH at 24mg is much better than the other "novelty" flavors they sent me, like the coffee and cream or root beer float.

taste : 8/10, TH 8/10

Really does taste like honeydew melon too, so if you don't like honeydew, avoid it.

Anyone ever take these things on a plane?
I havent, but theyve been banned on all US flightshttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/11/e...n_n_821828.html

on another note, if you get a carto that wont hit right (led comes on but no vapor), try unscrewing the cart a turn or 2 and screwing it back on...I have to do this every so often...also you can slightly pull up the contact point on cartos and/or batteries with a paper clip or skinny tack...just pry up a teeny bit...this will help the connections contact better...

of course, being banned on planes just means vapers need to be stealthy if they wanna do it...myself, id just make more trips to the bathroom...the vapor wont set off any smoke alarms...

of course, being banned on planes just means vapers need to be stealthy if they wanna do it...myself, id just make more trips to the bathroom...the vapor wont set off any smoke alarms...
But can you get them through security? What about checked bags?

Users who are viewing this thread