What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (2 Viewers)

As of this moment, unless I learn something, I'm not going to. I'm going to tell him simply "I don't know."

But- we have a guy that is supposedly going to make an offer this morning to lease up a 600 s.f. space for an e-cigarette store. The landlord is going to ask me whether it's a viable business, and he's going to ask me whether or not it will hurt the existing liquor store's sales (the liquor store has 2,500 s.f., has the premium space in the center and pays a very good rent.)

So that's why I ask.
You're asking questions that require a lot more knowledge than anyone in this thread has about the particulars of your situation. Like where it's located, what the rent is, and what this guy's business plan and advertising look like.

And whatever anyone in this thread tells you, you still don't know.
Well, I thought the questions I'm asking are pretty general: whether or not this is a fad, and whether or not it would directly compete with cigarette sales, have nothing to do with specifics of my situation.

As to your point, of course I still won't know. But I'd like to be able to say to the Landlord, "I've been told that it's not a fad," and/or "I've been told it will not directly compete because..." etc.

Anyway, back to ecigarettes.

I finally got my new carts last night, and did a full cleaning of my batteries. What an unbelievable difference. Vaping was getting difficult, and I didn't even realize how clogged my carts and batteries were. It's really night and day. Won't make that mistake again. I'm getting on a schedule. This post is more to mark the day for me so I know how long I can reuse one before it goes funky on me.

Tim, electronic cigarettes are a tool people use to stop smoking regular cigarettes without changing the rest of their lifestyle, and it's been really helpful for a whole lot of people. Including a lot of people in this thread. You have, essentially, walked into an AA meeting and asked the people in it if AA meetings are a worthwhile use of space in a building.
Thanks. You seem to regard my questions as somehow both intrusive and offensive. I hope that I've made it obvious that was not my intent.

As of this moment, unless I learn something, I'm not going to. I'm going to tell him simply "I don't know."

But- we have a guy that is supposedly going to make an offer this morning to lease up a 600 s.f. space for an e-cigarette store. The landlord is going to ask me whether it's a viable business, and he's going to ask me whether or not it will hurt the existing liquor store's sales (the liquor store has 2,500 s.f., has the premium space in the center and pays a very good rent.)

So that's why I ask.
You're asking questions that require a lot more knowledge than anyone in this thread has about the particulars of your situation. Like where it's located, what the rent is, and what this guy's business plan and advertising look like.

And whatever anyone in this thread tells you, you still don't know.
Well, I thought the questions I'm asking are pretty general: whether or not this is a fad, and whether or not it would directly compete with cigarette sales, have nothing to do with specifics of my situation.

As to your point, of course I still won't know. But I'd like to be able to say to the Landlord, "I've been told that it's not a fad," and/or "I've been told it will not directly compete because..." etc.
There's a 2.5 year-old 54-page thread on a football message board that gets bumped regularly full of people who buy supplies for ecigarettes on a weekly, if not more often, basis, and are using it to replace one of the 5 biggest industries in the United States. It's a $500 million business this year and will likely be a $1 billion industry next year.

Everyone in here wants more vape lounges and vape supply stores near them that sell their size/brand/type of equipment.

Tim, electronic cigarettes are a tool people use to stop smoking regular cigarettes without changing the rest of their lifestyle, and it's been really helpful for a whole lot of people. Including a lot of people in this thread. You have, essentially, walked into an AA meeting and asked the people in it if AA meetings are a worthwhile use of space in a building.
Thanks. You seem to regard my questions as somehow both intrusive and offensive. I hope that I've made it obvious that was not my intent.
I hope that I've made it obvious that your intent isn't really relevant to how much you cocking up this thread by making it about you and what you need for a meeting this morning makes me want to put you in a groundhog cage and drop it into a trash can filled with water.

*I may be slightly more upset about my coffee maker at work being out of order than anything else right now. I should mention this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope that I've made it obvious that your intent isn't really relevant to how much you cocking up this thread by making it about you and what you need for a meeting this morning makes me want to put you in a groundhog cage and drop it into a trash can filled with water.
Look, I appreciate the info you provided in your last post. That was very helpful to me. I was not trying to make this thread about me. I don't understand your hostility. But in any case, I am grateful that you chose to help me anyhow. I will leave this thread alone now. Good luck to your efforts to get off cigarettes.

Altsmoke is opening a 2300 sf store and lounge in Cincinnati after being very successful in Columbus and Akron. It's just like any other business. It really depends on who is running it that will determine how successful it will be.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/altsmoke/205258-cincinnati-oh-altsmoke-store-cincinnati9.jpg
Registered views only to see the image. Is it worth it?
I'm hoping for a vape lounge in the area at some point. There is a new store opening closer to me (the existing "local" vape store is about an hour away). I hope they will include a lounge in the new store..

'Madvapes' is our local store.

BTW, found out Myfreedodmsmokes.com is based 30 mins from my house. Pretty cool, but they don't take walk in buisness. I can however forgo the shipping fees by picking up my orders when they are ready if I like, but for $5 shipping, why bother...

Altsmoke is opening a 2300 sf store and lounge in Cincinnati after being very successful in Columbus and Akron. It's just like any other business. It really depends on who is running it that will determine how successful it will be.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/attachments/altsmoke/205258-cincinnati-oh-altsmoke-store-cincinnati9.jpg
The forum is a great resource and is worth checking out for products, vendors, classifieds, and local forums about things in your area. Although, the forum is run by a butch of fascists.

I'm hoping for a vape lounge in the area at some point. There is a new store opening closer to me (the existing "local" vape store is about an hour away). I hope they will include a lounge in the new store..

'Madvapes' is our local store.

BTW, found out Myfreedodmsmokes.com is based 30 mins from my house. Pretty cool, but they don't take walk in buisness. I can however forgo the shipping fees by picking up my orders when they are ready if I like, but for $5 shipping, why bother...
That's rough. I honestly don't know if I'd have been able to do this without a vape store/lounge as close to me as one is. less than 15 minutes from my house.

I've got 2 retail locations that are about an hour away (about 5 minutes from each other strangely enough). I've been to both, but I think it's more viable for me to order online and pay the small shipping fee. Neither had anything I couldn't get online except an opportunity to taste their juice. And they weren't that good.

Thanks guys. I wasn't going to offer my opinion on anything. I'm just trying to figure out whether its a viable business. 2 questions:1. Can a guy who sells nothing but e-cigarettes make it on his own in a 600 square foot retail space? (Small shopping center; 3-5 year lease)2. If there is a liquor store already in the shopping center that sells regular cigarettes (and this represents a good chunk of his profits) would this negatively impact his business?
You should probably ask someone who does commercial real estate leasing for a living.
Why the snarky response? I'm supposed to advise a landlord on this later this morning. Help a fella out here.
Why are you advising a landlord on something you know nothing at all about?

So that's why I ask.
I don't think you can fill 600 Sf without it including a "vaping Lounge"--and I don't think that sells the same as a "Smoking Lounge".

Two reasons I say this--first is the local JR's near me, where there is a smoking lounge I have always thoroughly enjoyed for pipes and cigars. It's well stocked and generally well attended. As for the second reason--check your vaping stock. You don't need that kind of space to stock e-cigs and supplies so you'd be wasting much--if not most of the 600sf. The local eGo distributor near me is in a well appointed kiosk of about 80sf. That means that you would have to be selling something else as a major draw if not a primary draw. You certainly can't sell a Vaping Lounge when a large benefit of ecigs is being able to vape them in public without repercussions.

:coffee:

we need a vaping smiley

Final update here in case anyone's interested: turns out that the liquor store on hand already sells e-cigarettes- that being the case, I recommended to the landlord to kill the new lease idea- the one thing we don't want to do is hurt the liquor store's existing sales.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone who provided me info.

I was not trying to make this thread about me. I don't understand your hostility. But in any case, I am grateful that you chose to help me anyhow. I will leave this thread alone now.
Final update here in case anyone's interested: turns out that the liquor store on hand already sells e-cigarettes- that being the case, I recommended to the landlord to kill the new lease idea- the one thing we don't want to do is hurt the liquor store's existing sales.

Anyhow, thanks to everyone who provided me info.
Yup.

Since you're back and I've had coffee now, I suppose someone should ask if the ecigarette retailer was going to have a vape lounge, and if so if they would allow drinking in the lounge, like a cigar bar, which some do. Since in that case, it would probably exponentially increase the liquor store's sales, as people would start hanging out at the lounge, vaping, and drinking booze from the liquor store right next door.

Since you're back and I've had coffee now, I suppose someone should ask if the ecigarette retailer was going to have a vape lounge, and if so if they would allow drinking in the lounge, like a cigar bar, which some do. Since in that case, it would probably exponentially increase the liquor store's sales, as people would start hanging out at the lounge, vaping, and drinking booze from the liquor store right next door.
Wow. Something we never even considered. I'll ask the guy and discuss it with the landlord. Again, thank you. Despite your attack on me, you've been a big help.

timschochet said:
Henry Ford said:
Wow. Something we never even considered. I'll ask the guy and discuss it with the landlord. Again, thank you. Despite your attack on me, you've been a big help.
You could have stopped at "thank you" and I wouldn't regret responding.

And this is the kind of scenario-specific information I was referring to when I said we needed way more information to answer the question.

Which is the smoother, easier to vape juice? 80/20 PG/VG or straight VG. I get them mixed up. I'm using ViVi Nova's with an eGO?

And has anyone ever bought juice from Blue Mist, now Azure Vaping?

Which is the smoother, easier to vape juice? 80/20 PG/VG or straight VG. I get them mixed up. I'm using ViVi Nova's with an eGO?And has anyone ever bought juice from Blue Mist, now Azure Vaping?
I think VG is smoother, but I don't like it at 100% because its just too thick. I like about a 70/30 blend of VG/PG. PG is very harsh IMO.

Plus most places, like convenience stores, liquor store, who sell e-cigs just sell the crappy disposable kind. I doubt they sell much. I asked at the liquor store down the street from work and they said they hardly sell any, even with the display right on the counter. It's kind of like saying you don't want to open a Dunkin' Donuts because it will hurt the next-door convenience store's crappy coffee sales.

There is a place in my town that opened a couple of years ago. All he sells is the cig-style e-cigs. I think the guy is nuts. He should be selling egos and all the other stuff we've grown to like. I actually talked to him about that and he had no clue about anything but the cig-style ecigs. And he quit smoking using ecigs. He asked me to come and show him my setup but I haven't yet.

For those of you using the ViVi Nova tank system, have you tried cleaning the thing with the wick after the performance begins to fall off?

For those of you using the ViVi Nova tank system, have you tried cleaning the thing with the wick after the performance begins to fall off?
I've only had mine on about 6 days, so I haven't noticed a significant performance drop-off yet, but I absolutely will try it when I do. At roughly $2/EA, I'm not worried about it, but if they return to near 100% performance, it's worth a few hours soak in alcohol.

All in all, this has been great for me. I've thought several times in the last week that I could give these up easily, but I somewhat enjoy it.. I did however have a near relapse today..

I've bought a small starter pack for one of my employees that works with me side by side on a regular basis. He likes it, but to be honest, I'm not sure if this guy will ever quit smoking. So, I work with an active smoker. In the last several weeks, I've not had a problem with this, but this weekend.....

So, I come home from work on Friday to find a water line behind my laundry wall spewing water and flooding my laundry, guest bath and garage. That's a setback for certain, but being a general contractor, I know how to deal with things like this. So, I go to work. The difference between working on someone else's house and your own is that your work at home clashes with your at home responsibilities, children time and such. Children don't understand the concept of work time. When dad is at home, it's family time. The kids were all over it.. Dad, whats this, Dad, whats that.. What are you doing, Why, what, where, when, how.. I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, can I have, so and so, won't leave me alone... and so on.. You deal with this as a parent, but the stress of your home being overturned, and the need to get things fixed quickly and get home life back on track, on top of your every day stresses....

I'm gonna cut this story short and just suffice to say, I was terribly stressed out. And found my buddies cigarettes in my truck. I considered it on more than one occasion, in fact I think about it as I type right now. Not like it used to be, but it's still tugging on me a little..

Ultimately I didn't backslide, but I could have, easily...

On another note, My Vision VV Nova started to taste funny, I thought a burnt wick taste.. So, I changed out the wick, and the taste is still there. I did save and reload the liquid I've been adding to for several weeks now. Do I need to clean it out, and trash the 3-4 week old topped off daily liquid? Do you have to completely clean these things out on a regular basis and start with new liquid?

Which is the smoother, easier to vape juice? 80/20 PG/VG or straight VG. I get them mixed up. I'm using ViVi Nova's with an eGO?And has anyone ever bought juice from Blue Mist, now Azure Vaping?
I've ordered juice from bluemist. Got cola caramel tobacco and pina colada all were good. Also got a bunch of sample bottles but nothing stood out.

Ordered 4 more big bottles(120ml I think) while they are on sale so I guess you could consider that an endorsement? :)

All in all, this has been great for me. I've thought several times in the last week that I could give these up easily, but I somewhat enjoy it.. I did however have a near relapse today..

I've bought a small starter pack for one of my employees that works with me side by side on a regular basis. He likes it, but to be honest, I'm not sure if this guy will ever quit smoking. So, I work with an active smoker. In the last several weeks, I've not had a problem with this, but this weekend.....

So, I come home from work on Friday to find a water line behind my laundry wall spewing water and flooding my laundry, guest bath and garage. That's a setback for certain, but being a general contractor, I know how to deal with things like this. So, I go to work. The difference between working on someone else's house and your own is that your work at home clashes with your at home responsibilities, children time and such. Children don't understand the concept of work time. When dad is at home, it's family time. The kids were all over it.. Dad, whats this, Dad, whats that.. What are you doing, Why, what, where, when, how.. I'm hungry, I'm thirsty, can I have, so and so, won't leave me alone... and so on.. You deal with this as a parent, but the stress of your home being overturned, and the need to get things fixed quickly and get home life back on track, on top of your every day stresses....

I'm gonna cut this story short and just suffice to say, I was terribly stressed out. And found my buddies cigarettes in my truck. I considered it on more than one occasion, in fact I think about it as I type right now. Not like it used to be, but it's still tugging on me a little..

On another note, My Vision VV Nova started to taste funny, I thought a burnt wick taste.. So, I changed out the wick, and the taste is still there. I did save and reload the liquid I've been adding to for several weeks now. Do I need to clean it out, and trash the 3-4 week old topped off daily liquid? Do you have to completely clean these things out on a regular basis and start with new liquid?
I'm in a similar boat as a contractor, once again with younger kids. My 3yo in particular glues to me, no matter what the project, so while it's a constant loss of production that is my quality time. If I'm around the house he's in my pocket. This weekend he 'helped' me replace a sash window, rigging a vinyl replacement to fit. He now knows how to hammer though he won't be ready for nails for some time! He's real good at passing tools too. On the down side, since he's very nearly potty trained he is particularly proud of being able to pee on trees--and that doesn't go too well with Mom when they are out and about!

Congratulations on not backsliding. While you won't be entirely convinced for awhile resisting obvious temptation in the midst of stress is fantastic! You are winning the battle and the next time will be even easier, until it becomes a non event. :thumbup:

I can't speak to reloading liquids since I have never saved them. Waste 'em without thought. I would guess they could taste a little burnt from the residue just like a coffee pot that never gets cleaned--but for all I drink I'm actually not a coffee snob that really worries about that either! If you're not sure then of course you've got to test the theory out with fresh!

Thanks for the encouragement Glumpy :thumbsup:

Got your message, and asking around. I'll be in touch. I live in Charlotte BTW.

My 2 youngest boys are 7 and 8, so, a little bigger. My 8 year old is content with whatever the situation is. He could take or leave things like this. He'll ask a few questions, but at some point he'll wander off to play games, or go outside, whatever. My youngest, the 7 year old is the one who would have rather I let him do the work himself. Which is ok and some cases, but not when you have to chip out a concrete slab.

I guess at some point you just know whether the project is one for little hands. This one was not, so I just tried to get through it as fast as possible and put our house back together..

Nothing like a mild emergency to heap on some stress. House flood/burst waterlines = minor emergency in my head..

I guess when I get close to the end of this liquid batch I'll clean the whole thing out, but now I've wasted a new wick :grrr:

Also, something cool. My childhood friend from the hood in Detroit now has his own vapor lounge/ecig store in Florida. I am going to a wedding in the area so I'm going to stop in and test the produce which should get me more "in the know" on this stuff. :)

Also, something cool. My childhood friend from the hood in Detroit now has his own vapor lounge/ecig store in Florida. I am going to a wedding in the area so I'm going to stop in and test the produce which should get me more "in the know" on this stuff. :)
What city?

Yes. I cycle my wicks every few days to a week. Just rinse with water, and allow it to dry out for a few days. It will recover to near new performance, but it falls off in a day or two. I usually only get through two-three cycles (3-4 total installs) before I throw it away.

Yes. The liquid over time darkens and eventually takes on a more burnt taste. I don't save mine when i change the wicks.

What city?
Panama City or Pensacola, forgot which.
/Hipple

I stopped by an ecig store in PCB last summer. Wonder if it was your buddy's place... http://smokinvapor.com/

What city?
Panama City or Pensacola, forgot which.
/Hipple

I stopped by an ecig store in PCB last summer. Wonder if it was your buddy's place... http://smokinvapor.com/
I'll check it out and report back.

Ok, so I dove in head first and a lot of the credit goes to this wonderful thread. I've read through it since it was started and finally, finallly I get it.

If you really want to quit smoking I think it comes down to two key factors: finding the delivery system that best suits you and then finding the nicotine level you need to employ

I started with greensmoke, then had some other system, then V4L then more V4L and then I found the eGo-T at my buddy's shop. I also got the Artimes which delivers a serious. Until I went to my buddy's store I had no idea what this could be like though, the higher end systems are so worth it and I've found only in the morning do I still want a cig. In that case I overload with Artimes and I forget about it.

He explained a few things to me though. First of all a normal cigarette smoker takes bewteen 13 and 15 hits off of a cigarette while most of these higher end systems deliver the same nicotine in about 7-8 vapes. This was hard for me to regulate all along and now makes sense. He also wanted me to try the 24mg but I said I prefer 18 during the day and then 11mg at night because I like to vape throughout the day. Two puffs, three puffs, two puffs, four puffs... He said do what works for you, never break routine (still go to smoke deck at work, vape after you eat right away, have vape systems (charger, usb) in car to vape and always have a backup (v4L carts come in handy for me).

Then I got to know the liquids. Alot if not an overwhelming majority of liquids come from China. My friend mixes his own and they are great but I didn't love all the flavors in his store. So he gave me some of these in strawberry and watermelon which are my favorite non tobacco flavors (besides cafe Mocha which he didn't have). So I got a banana flavor and a tobacco from him and began to mix my own. I found that with the extracts you can just use plan old tobacco flavors and you get both a fruit flavor and a tobacco-like hit. Now I am ordering my own flavors in coffee, cream, chocolate and assorted fruit flavors and will really start making my own batches. Awesome? :yes:

So only five days without cigarettes but I haven't gone five days without cigarettes since Air Force basic training some 20 years ago. I have been to places like Eastern Afghanistan where you can't smoke because it gives away your position, flew 15 hours a day sometimes and in tons of environments where smoking wasn't allowed. But I still found a way, always. So I am what they call a "serious smoker" and I never really tried to quit before (went 48 hours in grad school on patch and welbutrin and cut down for maybe three weeks). Didn't stick. Even when I made the effort I smoked two or three a day.

So here I am. I added external pressure too by telling all by best friends I was quitting and most importantly my Dad, who has wanted me to quit for years. I quit the day before Father's Day...so I am the type of person to keep my word when I go that far.

Tomorrow I think I'll go back through the thread and look at all the stuff that never made sense before that might now. Thanks for all the great info and support. :hifive:

Note to self: Do not get low on juice again. It makes me start panic ordering from multiple suppliers to see who can get it here first. I'm down to some kind of Cherry crap my wife wanted, then didn't like. Tastes like cough medicine. :wall:

There has to be some reason no one is selling the juices on a retail level. Short shelf life? Regulatory problems? I thought places like JRs Tobacco shops, or big truck stops would have juice, but couldn't find any. They all tend to carry one brand of e-cigs with their carts, and thats it, no juice.

Oh well, got about $200 worth of juice and carts on the way now. The V4L stuff should be here tomorrow. Good thing I followed EGs plan and bought a tackle box and some labels yesterday. :thumbup:
:towelwave:
That is a good ####### idea

Congrats, DD. Well done.

I set up a calendar reminder to let me know every time it's been another month. Really enjoy seeing that "last real cigarette" reminder come up with a higher digit every month.

Ok, so I dove in head first and a lot of the credit goes to this wonderful thread. I've read through it since it was started and finally, finallly I get it.

If you really want to quit smoking I think it comes down to two key factors: finding the delivery system that best suits you and then finding the nicotine level you need to employ

I started with greensmoke, then had some other system, then V4L then more V4L and then I found the eGo-T at my buddy's shop. I also got the Artimes which delivers a serious. Until I went to my buddy's store I had no idea what this could be like though, the higher end systems are so worth it and I've found only in the morning do I still want a cig. In that case I overload with Artimes and I forget about it.

He explained a few things to me though. First of all a normal cigarette smoker takes bewteen 13 and 15 hits off of a cigarette while most of these higher end systems deliver the same nicotine in about 7-8 vapes. This was hard for me to regulate all along and now makes sense. He also wanted me to try the 24mg but I said I prefer 18 during the day and then 11mg at night because I like to vape throughout the day. Two puffs, three puffs, two puffs, four puffs... He said do what works for you, never break routine (still go to smoke deck at work, vape after you eat right away, have vape systems (charger, usb) in car to vape and always have a backup (v4L carts come in handy for me).

Then I got to know the liquids. Alot if not an overwhelming majority of liquids come from China. My friend mixes his own and they are great but I didn't love all the flavors in his store. So he gave me some of these in strawberry and watermelon which are my favorite non tobacco flavors (besides cafe Mocha which he didn't have). So I got a banana flavor and a tobacco from him and began to mix my own. I found that with the extracts you can just use plan old tobacco flavors and you get both a fruit flavor and a tobacco-like hit. Now I am ordering my own flavors in coffee, cream, chocolate and assorted fruit flavors and will really start making my own batches. Awesome? :yes:

So only five days without cigarettes but I haven't gone five days without cigarettes since Air Force basic training some 20 years ago. I have been to places like Eastern Afghanistan where you can't smoke because it gives away your position, flew 15 hours a day sometimes and in tons of environments where smoking wasn't allowed. But I still found a way, always. So I am what they call a "serious smoker" and I never really tried to quit before (went 48 hours in grad school on patch and welbutrin and cut down for maybe three weeks). Didn't stick. Even when I made the effort I smoked two or three a day.

So here I am. I added external pressure too by telling all by best friends I was quitting and most importantly my Dad, who has wanted me to quit for years. I quit the day before Father's Day...so I am the type of person to keep my word when I go that far.

Tomorrow I think I'll go back through the thread and look at all the stuff that never made sense before that might now. Thanks for all the great info and support. :hifive:
Congrats on the new lifestyle. It really is the easiest way I ever found to quit. And there is a lot of good advice in your post as well. Thanks.

Congrats, DD. Well done.

I set up a calendar reminder to let me know every time it's been another month. Really enjoy seeing that "last real cigarette" reminder come up with a higher digit every month.
It's only been a little over 2 months for me, but it seems like forever ago.. I didn't mark the day of my last cig so I'm going to adopt the day of my first post in this thread as the day to commemorate..

Welcome to VapeNation

:thumbup:

Is Artemis the product you are using? Been using V4L and it has really helped but would like to try a higher end setup. Been using the stronger 24 & 36 V4L cartridges because the weaker ones were not giving me that "relief" jolt quickly enough. The V4L cartridges have been a bit hit or miss. Some seem to run out very quickly. Maybe I need new batteries. Been rotating two batteries for 3-4 months. But if I need to buy new batteries I just prefer to try a higher-end system.

Is Artemis the product you are using? Been using V4L and it has really helped but would like to try a higher end setup. Been using the stronger 24 & 36 V4L cartridges because the weaker ones were not giving me that "relief" jolt quickly enough. The V4L cartridges have been a bit hit or miss. Some seem to run out very quickly. Maybe I need new batteries. Been rotating two batteries for 3-4 months. But if I need to buy new batteries I just prefer to try a higher-end system.
One word: Ego

One more word: Tank

Its the next logical step up from stick batteries and cartomizers. Almost every e-cig supplier sells a version of the ego and tanks. Dont be intimidated, the setup is simple. Think of the tank as a catomizer with more capacity. Theres really no tricks to learn to use it other than filling/refilling the tank, which takes about a minute to learn.

I get mine from Totally Wicked. The tanks there are around $16, but they last months and months. Mine (I have 2) are 8 months old and work great. You replace the Cartos in them like you would a normal cartomizer. Tank cartos last me anywhere form 5 days to 2 weeks (depending on thickness of juice), which is MUCH longer than regular cartomizers used to last me.

Battery

Tank

Tank Cartos

Welcome to VapeNation

:thumbup:
Congrats man! I got started a while back but slipped off the wagon and hope to get back on. Got the REOGrand mod and have been having a helluva time with the cartomizers - tried an atomizer and it seemed to work a little better.

Wingnut said:

Its the next logical step up from stick batteries and cartomizers. Almost every e-cig supplier sells a version of the ego and tanks. Dont be intimidated, the setup is simple. Think of the tank as a catomizer with more capacity. Theres really no tricks to learn to use it other than filling/refilling the tank, which takes about a minute to learn.

I get mine from Totally Wicked. The tanks there are around $16, but they last months and months. Mine (I have 2) are 8 months old and work great. You replace the Cartos in them like you would a normal cartomizer. Tank cartos last me anywhere form 5 days to 2 weeks (depending on thickness of juice), which is MUCH longer than regular cartomizers used to last me.

Battery

Tank

Tank Cartos
Bear with me. Thanks.

So a good start would be 2 batteries, 1 tank and 5-10 cartos?

I would then need a battery charger and the e-liquid to fill the carto/tank?

Could you suggest a strong tobacco flavored e-liquid?

Lastly, is their a kit on the wicked site that has all you suggest? Sorry a myriad of options on there that I don't quite have a handle on. Thanks.

So I'm definitely committed at this point and have gotten most of my family in on it, including mymother, a 2+ pack a day smoker for about 50 years who is now down to 3 packs a week plus the volt.

How long do juices last? If I buy a bottle and just let it sit, will it degrade and go bad? Or is iit something that lasts indefinitely?

Battery

Tank

Tank Cartos
Bear with me. Thanks.

So a good start would be 2 batteries, 1 tank and 5-10 cartos?

I would then need a battery charger and the e-liquid to fill the carto/tank?

Could you suggest a strong tobacco flavored e-liquid?

Lastly, is their a kit on the wicked site that has all you suggest? Sorry a myriad of options on there that I don't quite have a handle on. Thanks.
I have the same setup so I'll tell you what I'd recommend.

2 batteries

Around 15 tank cartos

2 tanks

1 Charger

I don't vape tobacco flavors so I don't have any to recommend. With the tank system getting juices with a high percentage of PG is recommended. The heavier VG juices tend to clog up the tank system pretty quickly. Most here agree to try flavors other than tobacco simply because they taste good! Right now I'm vaping mojito with bananas foster and pina colada on standby.

So I'm definitely committed at this point and have gotten most of my family in on it, including mymother, a 2+ pack a day smoker for about 50 years who is now down to 3 packs a week plus the volt.

How long do juices last? If I buy a bottle and just let it sit, will it degrade and go bad? Or is iit something that lasts indefinitely?
Most places will say one or two years. I will toss after 2 years.

I'm gonna do some liquid reviews from time to time. Based on my post count you know I have a lot to say, so expect more of these. :)

Let's go with a five star system, five being highest of course.

V4L

Cafe Mocha: This is absolutely my favorite flavor on the screw on cartomizers. I have this hooked up to my USB atomizer at work and I puff all day. The liquid doesn't translate nearly as well which was a let down. Still above average but the carts are actually better than the straight liquid IMO. ****

Kiwi-Apple-Strawberry: This one is powerful, very strong taste that is smooth and authentic. Apple dominates but I took some Strawberry oil and added to offset and it's perfect!!! *****

Caramel Apple: Doesn't taste like caramel or apple IMO. I'm hoping to spice this one up a bit when my oils come in, maybe add some chocolate or something to get this flavor going. Pretty disappointed in the store variety as is. * 1/2

Panama Vapor:

Monkey Business-Banana and Champagne flavor, this one gives you a lot of flexibility if you like fruit flavors. I took some some straight strawberry oil (LorAnn oils) and mixed in seven drops to a 10ml mix, and it is my favorite of all flavors. You can mix this with almost any fruit flavor you like with banana or even chocolate if you are so inclined. *****

PV Plus- I have still not found a tobacco flavor outside French Pipe or Dunhall that I liked. This one is ok and I have it Atremas Rex at 24mg and it gives a good strong morning hit to get you going in the morning. ***

Cinnamon Candi- Do you like Cinnamon fireball? If so this might be the liquid with the most punch. Huge throat hit, very good aftertaste and a really a perfect mix *****

ETA, Coming soon: Almond Coconut and Dunhall liquid

Users who are viewing this thread