What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (4 Viewers)

Ok, so I dove in head first and a lot of the credit goes to this wonderful thread. I've read through it since it was started and finally, finallly I get it.

If you really want to quit smoking I think it comes down to two key factors: finding the delivery system that best suits you and then finding the nicotine level you need to employ

I started with greensmoke, then had some other system, then V4L then more V4L and then I found the eGo-T at my buddy's shop. I also got the Artimes which delivers a serious. Until I went to my buddy's store I had no idea what this could be like though, the higher end systems are so worth it and I've found only in the morning do I still want a cig. In that case I overload with Artimes and I forget about it.

He explained a few things to me though. First of all a normal cigarette smoker takes bewteen 13 and 15 hits off of a cigarette while most of these higher end systems deliver the same nicotine in about 7-8 vapes. This was hard for me to regulate all along and now makes sense. He also wanted me to try the 24mg but I said I prefer 18 during the day and then 11mg at night because I like to vape throughout the day. Two puffs, three puffs, two puffs, four puffs... He said do what works for you, never break routine (still go to smoke deck at work, vape after you eat right away, have vape systems (charger, usb) in car to vape and always have a backup (v4L carts come in handy for me).

Then I got to know the liquids. Alot if not an overwhelming majority of liquids come from China. My friend mixes his own and they are great but I didn't love all the flavors in his store. So he gave me some of these in strawberry and watermelon which are my favorite non tobacco flavors (besides cafe Mocha which he didn't have). So I got a banana flavor and a tobacco from him and began to mix my own. I found that with the extracts you can just use plan old tobacco flavors and you get both a fruit flavor and a tobacco-like hit. Now I am ordering my own flavors in coffee, cream, chocolate and assorted fruit flavors and will really start making my own batches. Awesome? :yes:

So only five days without cigarettes but I haven't gone five days without cigarettes since Air Force basic training some 20 years ago. I have been to places like Eastern Afghanistan where you can't smoke because it gives away your position, flew 15 hours a day sometimes and in tons of environments where smoking wasn't allowed. But I still found a way, always. So I am what they call a "serious smoker" and I never really tried to quit before (went 48 hours in grad school on patch and welbutrin and cut down for maybe three weeks). Didn't stick. Even when I made the effort I smoked two or three a day.

So here I am. I added external pressure too by telling all by best friends I was quitting and most importantly my Dad, who has wanted me to quit for years. I quit the day before Father's Day...so I am the type of person to keep my word when I go that far.

Tomorrow I think I'll go back through the thread and look at all the stuff that never made sense before that might now. Thanks for all the great info and support. :hifive:
Is Artemis the product you are using? Been using V4L and it has really helped but would like to try a higher end setup. Been using the stronger 24 & 36 V4L cartridges because the weaker ones were not giving me that "relief" jolt quickly enough. The V4L cartridges have been a bit hit or miss. Some seem to run out very quickly. Maybe I need new batteries. Been rotating two batteries for 3-4 months. But if I need to buy new batteries I just prefer to try a higher-end system.
One word: Ego

One more word: Tank

Its the next logical step up from stick batteries and cartomizers. Almost every e-cig supplier sells a version of the ego and tanks. Dont be intimidated, the setup is simple. Think of the tank as a catomizer with more capacity. Theres really no tricks to learn to use it other than filling/refilling the tank, which takes about a minute to learn.

I get mine from Totally Wicked. The tanks there are around $16, but they last months and months. Mine (I have 2) are 8 months old and work great. You replace the Cartos in them like you would a normal cartomizer. Tank cartos last me anywhere form 5 days to 2 weeks (depending on thickness of juice), which is MUCH longer than regular cartomizers used to last me.

Battery

Tank

Tank Cartos
Bear with me. Thanks.

So a good start would be 2 batteries, 1 tank and 5-10 cartos?

I would then need a battery charger and the e-liquid to fill the carto/tank?

Could you suggest a strong tobacco flavored e-liquid?

Lastly, is their a kit on the wicked site that has all you suggest? Sorry a myriad of options on there that I don't quite have a handle on. Thanks.
I have the same setup so I'll tell you what I'd recommend.

2 batteries

Around 15 tank cartos

2 tanks

1 Charger

I don't vape tobacco flavors so I don't have any to recommend. With the tank system getting juices with a high percentage of PG is recommended. The heavier VG juices tend to clog up the tank system pretty quickly. Most here agree to try flavors other than tobacco simply because they taste good! Right now I'm vaping mojito with bananas foster and pina colada on standby.
Cost me $138 for that setup plus five 10ml bottles.. Nabbed an 18% off promo code from their twitter feed. Thinking I should have sprung the extra $20 for express shipping. Hopefully shipping won't take too long. Can't wait to try this out.

Last edited by a moderator:
bookmark to get back to the eGo-T upgrades--time to do some shopping since mine are getting worn out.

Cunk that sucks. I didn't know there were big tobacco interests in that state. Or do they tax cigarets that way too? <_<

Good job DD, reminds me of my own excitement finding an escape from the hole I'd put myself in back in 2011.

Interesting news Cunk... keep us posted on this. All honesty, I am less worried about taxation than contrived efforts to stop availability (i.e. big tobacco not wanting competition). Although obviously 90% taxation is insane, and very hard to justify from a 'sin' tax standpoint unless alcohol/cigs are at that same level. Looks like a money grab by the state.

I'm still using the V4L 3.5 mil tank system and loving everything about it other than the constant rotating of batteries (the tank and 1.5 ohm dual coil carts drain the battery much quicker compared to normal carts). But I've been getting by fine rotating 4 vapor titan batteries, and the titan batteries I got several months ago seem to be holding up very well. That includes the the newer version of Titan which does not have the pesky dimple at the base of the battery post which tends to capture liquid (and weaken performance). I did test out an adjustable 1300 mah device used by a friend, and that thing was a cannon. Strong, but no way I'd ever use a bazooka like that in public. I'm going to stick with the equipment I use.

Wing, can you give a refresher on that PG ingredient? I'd like to use lighter liquids as my Bananas Foster uses up a cart in roughly 2-3 days. I'd love to get up to a week or two, but would only switch juices if the TH remains strong. What sort of things do others miss going to high PG vs. regular liquids?

I'm currently sitting at the hearing at the Massachusetts State House.
GIVE 'EM HELL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had to leave before they even got to the bill. It was at the end of a long list of stuff and I had to get back to work. 2 of the other bills in the same hearing were:

H2593-An Act to reduce youth tobacco consumption

S1312-An Act to reduce tobacco addiction

Hmmmm.

I recently went from the Ego-T to the Ego-C, extremely happy with it.
EGO-C is a bigger battery and has the variable rate delivery? Is it the same clean hit?

Love this eGo-T, awesome.
The Twist battery has the variable voltage. The 'C' split out the atomizer and wick into its own assembly, making it much more economical to replace. As far as I know anyway, I'm definitely not an expert.

EGO-C is a bigger battery and has the variable rate delivery? Is it the same clean hit?

The Twist battery has the variable voltage. The 'C' split out the atomizer and wick into its own assembly, making it much more economical to replace. As far as I know anyway, I'm definitely not an expert.
Generally how long do you get out of the eGo-T battery and atomizer?

Battery lasts about a day per charge, moderate use. I generally replace them after 4-6 months. I have not tried a twist type, I'm not that fancy.

The old 'T' atomizers generally lasted 2-3 weeks until the burn discoloration started, then maybe 50/50 I'd burn it out during cleaning, then another 50/50 they'd work decently again after cleaning.

The first new 'C' atomizer head I tried has been spot on with no cleaning since I got it 6 weeks ago.

Battery lasts about a day per charge, moderate use. I generally replace them after 4-6 months. I have not tried a twist type, I'm not that fancy.

The old 'T' atomizers generally lasted 2-3 weeks until the burn discoloration started, then maybe 50/50 I'd burn it out during cleaning, then another 50/50 they'd work decently again after cleaning.

The first new 'C' atomizer head I tried has been spot on with no cleaning since I got it 6 weeks ago.
I have 2 egoC-twist(s) The charge lasts days.. 2-3 days per..

And I always assumed the atomizers, cartimizers, tanks, etc were all interchangeable (sometimes needing an adapter).. But I've never owned an egoT

I'm having problems with the REO. My first atomizer just died. I'm strictly vaping Boba's. A fresh atomozer pulls nicely, but then starts getting stickier and harder to pull. Then it dies. My second one is on the same path right now. They also get a kind of burning taste that I can't avoid. Even after a fresh sparge. I know there is a lot of juice in there. Any tips would be appreciated.
If you get a burning taste even when the atomizer is wet, it probably needs a cleaning. I bought an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner for this purpose, but you can get a similar effect by blowing out the atty, rinsing it with hot water, then soaking it in either vodka, Everclear, isopropyl alcohol, or white vinegar for several hours, agitating occasionally. Then let it dry overnight. Should wipe any trace of flavor out of it. My brother had an atomizer die on him after 1 day, mine have all lasted at least 4 weeks thus far, it's touch and go with atomizers. Are you using Cisco 306s? Some people have reported having issues vaping really thick juices like Boba's through the Grand just because it gunks up the atomizers so fast, but I haven't really had any such issues thus far.
I knew I'd find what I needed in this thread. Atomizer with a bit of a burned taste so I went around the youtubes looking for advise. Most say some mix of water and isopropyl alcohol, so I filled up a bowl with water and nuked it and then added a cap full of alcohol. Letting it soak now for about an hour and then will let it dry 24 hours and give it a shot. I like the vodka idea a little better, I need to buy some bottom shelf stuff I guess. :mellow:

I use the eGo-t all day until about ten then I switch over to the V4L stick with low mg for the rest of the night. I have also found that whenever I feel I need a cigarette (early morning and after I eat) I vape higher nicotine levels (24) and vape until I don;t think about it any more. No real temptation to smoke but breaking your mind from a 20 year habit is going to take a while. I went out to the smoke deck at work today to talk to one of my guys and went back in realizing I never even thought about smoking a cigarette.

I wrote earlier in the thread (maybe a few months ago) that I wanted to quit by my vacation which starts next Tuesday. So today is day eleven, haven't had a tough day where I thought about a cigarette since last Thursday. Would be nice if I don't have too many of those days, I know I won't on my vacation. :) By the time I get back from that, it will have been a month.

I'm gonna do some liquid reviews from time to time. Based on my post count you know I have a lot to say, so expect more of these. :)

Let's go with a five star system, five being highest of course.

V4L

Cafe Mocha: This is absolutely my favorite flavor on the screw on cartomizers. I have this hooked up to my USB atomizer at work and I puff all day. The liquid doesn't translate nearly as well which was a let down. Still above average but the carts are actually better than the straight liquid IMO. ****

Kiwi-Apple-Strawberry: This one is powerful, very strong taste that is smooth and authentic. Apple dominates but I took some Strawberry oil and added to offset and it's perfect!!! *****

Caramel Apple: Doesn't taste like caramel or apple IMO. I'm hoping to spice this one up a bit when my oils come in, maybe add some chocolate or something to get this flavor going. Pretty disappointed in the store variety as is. * 1/2

Panama Vapor:

Monkey Business-Banana and Champagne flavor, this one gives you a lot of flexibility if you like fruit flavors. I took some some straight strawberry oil (LorAnn oils) and mixed in seven drops to a 10ml mix, and it is my favorite of all flavors. You can mix this with almost any fruit flavor you like with banana or even chocolate if you are so inclined. *****

PV Plus- I have still not found a tobacco flavor outside French Pipe or Dunhall that I liked. This one is ok and I have it Atremas Rex at 24mg and it gives a good strong morning hit to get you going in the morning. ***

Cinnamon Candi- Do you like Cinnamon fireball? If so this might be the liquid with the most punch. Huge throat hit, very good aftertaste and a really a perfect mix *****

ETA, Coming soon: Almond Coconut and Dunhall liquid
Almond Coconut - As much as I was surprised at how bad the Caramel Apple was, was as surprised I was at how good this one is. Couple of drops of chocolate extract and you got yourself an Almond Joy!!! *****

Dunhall - My favorite of the cartomizers doesn't translate as well into the liquid. Dammit. *** 1/2

Was hoping some others would add some flavor reviews in here, always looking for something new these days. Really not happy the Dunhall wasn't the right tobocco liquid, if anyone has a better suggestion let me know. I was a Marlboro Light smoker if that helps but I like the French Pipe (not tried in liquid), the Flue cured tobacco, and the Dunhall in the cartomizers I've tried. RY decent also but I'm finding the liquids and the carts don't always taste the same (Mocha and now Dunhall).

ETA: added a half a star to the Dunhall liquid after I tried it in the Artemis tank, much smoother and better flavor there.

Ok, so I dove in head first and a lot of the credit goes to this wonderful thread. I've read through it since it was started and finally, finallly I get it.

If you really want to quit smoking I think it comes down to two key factors: finding the delivery system that best suits you and then finding the nicotine level you need to employ

I started with greensmoke, then had some other system, then V4L then more V4L and then I found the eGo-T at my buddy's shop. I also got the Artimes which delivers a serious. Until I went to my buddy's store I had no idea what this could be like though, the higher end systems are so worth it and I've found only in the morning do I still want a cig. In that case I overload with Artimes and I forget about it.

He explained a few things to me though. First of all a normal cigarette smoker takes bewteen 13 and 15 hits off of a cigarette while most of these higher end systems deliver the same nicotine in about 7-8 vapes. This was hard for me to regulate all along and now makes sense. He also wanted me to try the 24mg but I said I prefer 18 during the day and then 11mg at night because I like to vape throughout the day. Two puffs, three puffs, two puffs, four puffs... He said do what works for you, never break routine (still go to smoke deck at work, vape after you eat right away, have vape systems (charger, usb) in car to vape and always have a backup (v4L carts come in handy for me).

Then I got to know the liquids. Alot if not an overwhelming majority of liquids come from China. My friend mixes his own and they are great but I didn't love all the flavors in his store. So he gave me some of these in strawberry and watermelon which are my favorite non tobacco flavors (besides cafe Mocha which he didn't have). So I got a banana flavor and a tobacco from him and began to mix my own. I found that with the extracts you can just use plan old tobacco flavors and you get both a fruit flavor and a tobacco-like hit. Now I am ordering my own flavors in coffee, cream, chocolate and assorted fruit flavors and will really start making my own batches. Awesome? :yes:

So only five days without cigarettes but I haven't gone five days without cigarettes since Air Force basic training some 20 years ago. I have been to places like Eastern Afghanistan where you can't smoke because it gives away your position, flew 15 hours a day sometimes and in tons of environments where smoking wasn't allowed. But I still found a way, always. So I am what they call a "serious smoker" and I never really tried to quit before (went 48 hours in grad school on patch and welbutrin and cut down for maybe three weeks). Didn't stick. Even when I made the effort I smoked two or three a day.

So here I am. I added external pressure too by telling all by best friends I was quitting and most importantly my Dad, who has wanted me to quit for years. I quit the day before Father's Day...so I am the type of person to keep my word when I go that far.

Tomorrow I think I'll go back through the thread and look at all the stuff that never made sense before that might now. Thanks for all the great info and support. :hifive:
Is Artemis the product you are using? Been using V4L and it has really helped but would like to try a higher end setup. Been using the stronger 24 & 36 V4L cartridges because the weaker ones were not giving me that "relief" jolt quickly enough. The V4L cartridges have been a bit hit or miss. Some seem to run out very quickly. Maybe I need new batteries. Been rotating two batteries for 3-4 months. But if I need to buy new batteries I just prefer to try a higher-end system.

Its the next logical step up from stick batteries and cartomizers. Almost every e-cig supplier sells a version of the ego and tanks. Dont be intimidated, the setup is simple. Think of the tank as a catomizer with more capacity. Theres really no tricks to learn to use it other than filling/refilling the tank, which takes about a minute to learn.

I get mine from Totally Wicked. The tanks there are around $16, but they last months and months. Mine (I have 2) are 8 months old and work great. You replace the Cartos in them like you would a normal cartomizer. Tank cartos last me anywhere form 5 days to 2 weeks (depending on thickness of juice), which is MUCH longer than regular cartomizers used to last me.

Battery

Tank

Tank Cartos
Bear with me. Thanks.

Lastly, is their a kit on the wicked site that has all you suggest? Sorry a myriad of options on there that I don't quite have a handle on. Thanks.

2 batteries

Around 15 tank cartos

2 tanks

1 Charger

I don't vape tobacco flavors so I don't have any to recommend. With the tank system getting juices with a high percentage of PG is recommended. The heavier VG juices tend to clog up the tank system pretty quickly. Most here agree to try flavors other than tobacco simply because they taste good! Right now I'm vaping mojito with bananas foster and pina colada on standby.
Cost me $138 for that setup plus five 10ml bottles.. Nabbed an 18% off promo code from their twitter feed. Thinking I should have sprung the extra $20 for express shipping. Hopefully shipping won't take too long. Can't wait to try this out.
Started out using this Vapor Titan setup for the past 3-4 months.

Just received the tornado with the dual-coil cartomizer tank setup. It's like night and day the performance. This is something I could really recommend. Thanks for the info guys. Can't wait to get dialed in now on the juices.

Battery

Tank

Tank Cartos
Bear with me. Thanks.

2 batteries

Around 15 tank cartos

2 tanks

1 Charger

Just received the tornado with the dual-coil cartomizer tank setup. It's like night and day the performance. This is something I could really recommend. Thanks for the info guys. Can't wait to get dialed in now on the juices.
Did you ever try the V4L 3.5 ml tank + dual coil carts with the Titan, or just carts?

Ok, got some fresh blank carts, so heres some new juice reviews. All juices were vaped in V4L WOW carts, on V4L XL batteries (manual and auto). Ill try to keep the reviews short and to the point. Im revisiting the TV German Choc Cake and BWB Applewood because the last time I tried them was in used carts, and I wanted to try them in a fresh new cart.

Tasty Vapor German Chocolate Cake 18mg, 20%VG:

Man, talk about flavor! Tastes like the real deal and spot on. Its crazy how they can nail a flavor like this. Great vapor too. Throat hit not as heavy as Id like, but pretty good. Too sweet to be an all day vape, but quality juice nonetheless.
I'm gonna order this one. Any others from Tasty Vapor you can recommend?

My favorites so far have been:

Pipe Tobacco

RY-3

RY-4

Cherry I generally mix this with pipe tobacco

Strawberry
I might try that pipe tobacco also. Are these mixed in China? One good thing about Panama Vapor is that they make all theirs in house. Looking for more companies doing the same.
Funny thing, after I ordered I realized the place is in Minhill NC, 30mins from my house, and I believe they make this stuff as you order it.. It comes pretty quick..

If anyone else has tried liquids from MyFreedomSmokes.com I'd like to know how it compares to other places.. Am I getting good stuff? Or is there better stuff out there?
Well I'm gonna try this place based on your recommendation. I really think trying a bunch of different companies is a good idea, adds to the variety of choices it seems. Looking for the guys in here that have been vaping for two+ years to check in to see what they think.

If anyone else has tried liquids from MyFreedomSmokes.com I'd like to know how it compares to other places.. Am I getting good stuff? Or is there better stuff out there?
Well I'm gonna try this place based on your recommendation. I really think trying a bunch of different companies is a good idea, adds to the variety of choices it seems. Looking for the guys in here that have been vaping for two+ years to check in to see what they think.
I buy their unflavored nic to make my own liquid and also their flavoring. They are a very reputable vendor with excellent service. I received a free sample of their apple and it was a quality juice with good flavor, vapor and throat hit.

I started out vaping a million different flavors, now I have it narrowed down to just a few. Alien Visions' Boba's Bounty (and to a lesser extent, Gorilla Juice) is a flavor I keep in stock at all times. I buy it by the half-liter. I like to keep a 100ml of Wyatt Earp, which I buy from the site you mentioned earlier - myfreedomsmokes - on hand as well. These are the two flavors I use in my VAMO, I keep a tank dedicated to each.

My brother makes a really good DIY juice using honey and pipe tobacco flavors that's very similar to a flue-cured. DIY juice is super cheap, so I'll throw him $5 for a 30ml every few months. I also have a bottle of Madvapes black licorice that I use to refill cartos for my 808s I still use at work. I know a lot of people hate licorice flavor, but I love it, and it's one of the few flavors that still packs a good punch through a cartomizer. I also have a few other partial bottles of DK Tobacco and Honey juice that I vape from time to time for a change of pace, but I don't really use the tackle box any more.

In my past experience, if you're looking for generalizations...

Decent, vapable juice at good prices - Bluemist (I think they may have changed their name to Azure vaping or something. Best tasting juices - Alien Visions (but they're a touch pricey and the founder/blender is allergic to PG so their juices skew VERY heavily to the VG base - if you like thinner juice or need it for certain devices, they're probably not for you.)

Battery

Tank

Tank Cartos
Bear with me. Thanks.

2 batteries

Around 15 tank cartos

2 tanks

1 Charger

Did you ever try the V4L 3.5 ml tank + dual coil carts with the Titan, or just carts?
Just the carts which were very hit or miss. Does the 3.5ml tank + dual coil carts work well with the Titan? I'd love to pass along my Titan to my BIL in that case.

Anyone else snack much less at night by vaping something delicious? Really think that is angle they should be marketing. Especially to women.

Daywalker, tanks work fine with Titan batts. Better than cartos IMO.

In fact, this reminds me, I need to order some tank carts...

I buy their unflavored nic to make my own liquid and also their flavoring. They are a very reputable vendor with excellent service. I received a free sample of their apple and it was a quality juice with good flavor, vapor and throat hit.
I ordered the following:

Orange Cream

Flue Cured Tobacco

Pipe Tobacco

Peach

Caramel

Cherry Cheescake

I like that you can order 10ml bottles, hopefully I find some solid go-to liquids among this bunch. Also got 10% using this code: AY8U33S5

Ok, got some fresh blank carts, so heres some new juice reviews. All juices were vaped in V4L WOW carts, on V4L XL batteries (manual and auto). Ill try to keep the reviews short and to the point. Im revisiting the TV German Choc Cake and BWB Applewood because the last time I tried them was in used carts, and I wanted to try them in a fresh new cart.

Tasty Vapor German Chocolate Cake 18mg, 20%VG:

Man, talk about flavor! Tastes like the real deal and spot on. Its crazy how they can nail a flavor like this. Great vapor too. Throat hit not as heavy as Id like, but pretty good. Too sweet to be an all day vape, but quality juice nonetheless.
I'm gonna order this one. Any others from Tasty Vapor you can recommend?
Man...that was a long time ago...I don't think I ever ordered from them, the GC was a throw in sample I got from someone over at ECF.Been making my own juice for 6 months or so.

Just the carts which were very hit or miss. Does the 3.5ml tank + dual coil carts work well with the Titan? I'd love to pass along my Titan to my BIL in that case.
Definitely better. The Titan battery is what I've always used with the tank. I used Bloog blanks for a long time, and they were fine for me usually, but inconsistent. I haven't used a cart in several months. The tank is so much stronger and more consistent for me. Flavors seem purer. The tank I use is $12.00, and I've always gone the strongest dual coil cartomizer at 1.5ohms. Be prepared to rotate titan batteries more frequently than with carts, but it is worth it. It's so cheap you should try it. If for no other reason than to give us a first hand product comparison.

Battery

Tank

Tank Cartos
Bear with me. Thanks.

2 batteries

Around 15 tank cartos

2 tanks

1 Charger

Definitely better. The Titan battery is what I've always used with the tank. I used Bloog blanks for a long time, and they were fine for me usually, but inconsistent. I haven't used a cart in several months. The tank is so much stronger and more consistent for me. Flavors seem purer. The tank I use is $12.00, and I've always gone the strongest dual coil cartomizer at 1.5ohms. Be prepared to rotate titan batteries more frequently than with carts, but it is worth it. It's so cheap you should try it. If for no other reason than to give us a first hand product comparison.
Will definitely make use of my titan batteries. Want to pass them along to my BIL. He's not setup yet. We usually end up splitting a pack seemingly every weekend at a family function. Be good if we could both get off of it.

I've never given a juice review, but I have to say the the Butter Pecan from Azure Vaping is very, very good. And their 30ml bottles are only $8, though I go for added flavor for another 50 cents.

www.azurevaping.com

They have all kinds of different flavors, but I got only the Butter Pecan to try them out before committing to a larger order. They shipped in a day or two and I think I can vape this stuff all day long...

I've never given a juice review, but I have to say the the Butter Pecan from Azure Vaping is very, very good. And their 30ml bottles are only $8, though I go for added flavor for another 50 cents.

www.azurevaping.com

They have all kinds of different flavors, but I got only the Butter Pecan to try them out before committing to a larger order. They shipped in a day or two and I think I can vape this stuff all day long...
They used to be Bluemist. Cheapest juices I've found yet outside of DIY (just started this myself) and many of them are very vapeable. I always liked their Banana Nut Bread and Peanut Butter & Jelly.

DIY juice is so easy, it's ridiculous, I just needed to find a recipe I really liked. I have now done so. Bought 30 mls of Honey Flue Cured Tobacco super-concentrated flavoring, 10 mls of Black Cigar super-concentrated flavor, 1/2 a liter of 60 mg nic base (VG) and a liter of 100% propylene glycol. Made my first 100 ml batch last night and it took roughly 3-5 minutes and came out beautifully. I should be able to make roughly 1.5L of this juice for an all-in landed cost of $97. To compare to Bluemist, which is the cheapest vendor I've found at $8/30 mls, a 30 ml bottle of the DIY juice cost me roughly $1.94. I also use my VAMO and Vision Spinner most of the time now with my REO Grand as a backup, so I use the Kanger Protank and VIVI Nova tanks as my juice vessels. Atomizer heads for those are $1.35 replacement cost rather than the $8.99/EA I was spending on Cisco spec 306s for the REO. I switch it out about every 5 days, so my weekly vaping cost now is about $4. Prior to this, using 306s and an equal amount of Boba's Bounty, it was more like $25 a week. There's another $1,100 a year in the bank.

Yup, DIY is easy and the way to go if you're a heavy vaper. Costs me about $2 to make 30ml.

The GF likes V4L's Peppermint, and I can't replicate it...I've been trying for months...so she's going back to buying pre-made juice, but she only goes through about 40ml/month, so its not bad cost wise for her.

EG, what are you measuring and mixing in? I got a cheap set of plastic graduated cylinders from eBay for like $8 shipped (a 10, 25, 50, 100, and 250ml tube), and a pack of various syringes (1ml to 50ml) for around $3 shipped. It makes juicemaking fast, easy and clean.

I ordered the following:

Orange Cream *****

Flue Cured Tobacco ****

Pipe Tobacco ****

Peach *****

Caramel **

Cherry Cheescake ****

I like that you can order 10ml bottles, hopefully I find some solid go-to liquids among this bunch. Also got 10% using this code: AY8U33S5
The Orange Cream and the Peach are off the charts good. Wish they weren't Chinese juices, this makes me wary of getting hooked on this place. However of the six juices I got five of them are excellent, way better than anything I got from v4L sans the Cafe Mocha.

One month today without smoking and I have the drinking and vaping down pat now after my vacation. :hifive:

Yup, DIY is easy and the way to go if you're a heavy vaper. Costs me about $2 to make 30ml.

The GF likes V4L's Peppermint, and I can't replicate it...I've been trying for months...so she's going back to buying pre-made juice, but she only goes through about 40ml/month, so its not bad cost wise for her.

EG, what are you measuring and mixing in? I got a cheap set of plastic graduated cylinders from eBay for like $8 shipped (a 10, 25, 50, 100, and 250ml tube), and a pack of various syringes (1ml to 50ml) for around $3 shipped. It makes juicemaking fast, easy and clean.
I work at a liquid manufacturing facility, so equipment isn't hard to come by. This batch I simply used a long, 5 ml dropper to measure out the flavoring into an old 100ml Boba's Bounty bottle and then just eyeballed the nic base and PG to a roughly 40/60 mix right into the same. I don't care much if the resulting product is 20mg, 18mg, 26mg, etc.

Okay, 4+ months in, still using the Volt and digging it like crazy. No plans to move to any other kind of vaping device. I will say, I finally figured out the one thing that makes the biggest difference in my enjoyment of it, and it's this:

Rotate as many cartomizers as necessary to never have to fill one during the day.

As long as I have enough filled carts to change them as soon as I have the slightest change in the flavor or one starts heating up, all is well. Otherwise I start destroying them. If I'm only rotating 2 carts, they last me two days. I do something to screw them up, invariably. If I rotate 7, they last me a month.

Okay, 4+ months in, still using the Volt and digging it like crazy. No plans to move to any other kind of vaping device. I will say, I finally figured out the one thing that makes the biggest difference in my enjoyment of it, and it's this:

Rotate as many cartomizers as necessary to never have to fill one during the day.

As long as I have enough filled carts to change them as soon as I have the slightest change in the flavor or one starts heating up, all is well. Otherwise I start destroying them. If I'm only rotating 2 carts, they last me two days. I do something to screw them up, invariably. If I rotate 7, they last me a month.
GB anyone who can quit on these alone. I tried but couldn't do it until I got the eGo-T but two guys I work with quit using the standard screw on types. I've rotated the Volt type cartomizers to backup status but also using them in high humidity since my eGo-T is leaking some when it's humid. I think I found the remedy with soft caps on the tanks, those should be here by Monday. I did use my Vapor King cartomizer fishing which was nice, they are simple and don't require as much maintenance.

I am rotating two atomizers/tanks:

Morning tank (Caffe Mocha/Tobacco/Coconut almond) at a 18-24 mg

Afternoon/evening tank (fruit flavors) at 12 mg

I try flavors here and there carrying an extra tank but I've been trying to keep the fruits on one atomizer, and the tobaccos and sweets on the other. Just ordered a 350 mAh battery as a third battery (batteries last 8 hours I've found) and then a couple of extra atomizers.

Henry, spend $15 on a 3.5ml tank, and you'll probably stop using cartomizers. Tanks are so much easier and cost effective IMO.

Why they're better than cartomizers:

You can see juice level so you never risk burning the cart

The cart stays wet, prolonging the life of the cart and keeping juice taste more consistant

A full tank will last me 3+ hours of heavy vaping, ~9 hours casual vaping. No need for extra pre-filled carts or tanks. I carry a 10ml bottle of juice with me for refills.

I can refill a tank in about 15 seconds without taking the tank off the battery....and although I don't recommend dripping and driving, I often refill the tank while driving down the road.

I'd rather refill a tank a couple of times a day than pre-filling individual carts every day to swap out throughout the day.

Users who are viewing this thread