What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (2 Viewers)

Henry, spend $15 on a 3.5ml tank, and you'll probably stop using cartomizers. Tanks are so much easier and cost effective IMO.

Why they're better than cartomizers:

You can see juice level so you never risk burning the cart

The cart stays wet, prolonging the life of the cart and keeping juice taste more consistant

A full tank will last me 3+ hours of heavy vaping, ~9 hours casual vaping. No need for extra pre-filled carts or tanks. I carry a 10ml bottle of juice with me for refills.

I can refill a tank in about 15 seconds without taking the tank off the battery....and although I don't recommend dripping and driving, I often refill the tank while driving down the road.

I'd rather refill a tank a couple of times a day than pre-filling individual carts every day to swap out throughout the day.
Damn, that seems like a lot of juice to run through. I'm probably consuming between 2.25 and 3 ml a day right now, with an average mg level of about 15. I wonder how many packs of cigarettes that is? My buddy told me 1 ml is about 8-10 cigarettes but it seems to be an inexact science. I did find this which I find pretty intersting.

From my tests I'd say it takes more than 7 or 8 puffs to equal one cigarette, I think it might be more like 15 to 20. At least for me using the current mg level I do. I prefer to vape more often at a lower mg level though instead of vaping less at a higher mg level. When I couldn't regulate it with the cartomizers I had some negative side effects like headache and bad dry mouth, so I was taking in too much. Yet somehow I still wanted a cigarette. So for me the delivery system is everything, where the screw on cartomizers didn't work the eGo-T did and really it was immediate.

I thought I got this through earlier, but my phone must have screwed up....

The feel of smoking a cigarette is as important to me as the nicotine. I started way too young. Honestly, smoking with a tank feels wrong, doesn't satisfy the craving, and makes me want to buy a pack of cigarettes. I switch back to carts and I'm fine. I'll be sticking with carts for the foreseeable future, but I appreciate the advice.

I thought I got this through earlier, but my phone must have screwed up....

The feel of smoking a cigarette is as important to me as the nicotine. I started way too young. Honestly, smoking with a tank feels wrong, doesn't satisfy the craving, and makes me want to buy a pack of cigarettes. I switch back to carts and I'm fine. I'll be sticking with carts for the foreseeable future, but I appreciate the advice.
Fair enough. :thumbup:

I feel pretty stupid about it, too, because intellectually I know the tanks are better. But the heart wants what it wants.

I feel pretty stupid about it, too, because intellectually I know the tanks are better. But the heart wants what it wants.
I don't think you are the only one that feels that way. I mean there is a reason the most popular models and the ones most use to try ecigs are cigarette shaped. Right? I say you do whatever works for you, for me they just didn't take. Do you essentially do this every day? Carts hold about 1ml of liquid?

I do have like 10+ boxes of cartomizers though so I am going to put them back into the rotation at work via the bypass, and in outdoor environments.

Doctor Detroit said:
Henry Ford said:
I don't think you are the only one that feels that way. I mean there is a reason the most popular models and the ones most use to try ecigs are cigarette shaped. Right? I say you do whatever works for you, for me they just didn't take. Do you essentially do this every day? Carts hold about 1ml of liquid?

I do have like 10+ boxes of cartomizers though so I am going to put them back into the rotation at work via the bypass, and in outdoor environments.
I use an old earbud case for my batteries and 7 carts. Some days I go through 3, some days 7. But every night before I go to bed, I either drip or condom 8-10 drops into every cart that I used that day and put them back in the case with a cap on the end of each one like that video says to leave them overnight. So I always have 7 carts ready to vape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone who has used the eGo-T or eGo-T tank system switched over to the Kanger, vivinova or CE 4 clearomizer? If so, what are your general thoughts about ease, vape, taste and cost? I have read the reviews of the vivi and Kanger in here but the wick systems seem like something I should avoid for now. I have the Artemus tank and is leaks and the draw is airy and rough. I also worry that the wick systems are much more labor-intensive, something the eGo-C and T tanks aren't. It's pretty much pour and vape and I like both systems.

Picked up the C yesterday to try and I like it. Having the separate atomizer head breakout seems like a cost effective long-term plan, but the T holds more juice (to me 2ml is perfect, 1 being to little and 3 or more being too much) and has the wider mouth piece which I like. So I think I'll use the C for home vape. Also got the soft caps for the T tanks to hopefully stop the leaking. I read last night that the biggest problem with leaking is due to heating up the atomizer too much and then drawing to hard on the device, instead of long slow draws.

That actually makes a lot of sense. All the problems I've have with leaking are at bars, out and about and when I seem to be busy. I think I'm hitting the system like i would a cigarette looking for a quick nicotine fix (I could smoke a cigarette in about 30 seconds down to the filter when in a hurry because of having to smoke in places like Afghanistan and in highly pressure-packed environments). So this is just another step in the transition, need to slow down but I think the soft tank tops will help reduce the leaking I don't inflict myself.

ETA: Picked up this little gem also. I only carry one battery to work so this is a good back up, and also a god stealth vapor device.

What exactly is leaking and from where? I use Ego-C batts and V4L tanks, and I've never had even a single drop leak.

And FWIW, I tried wick clearomizers once. I was out of town and forgot my back battery and charger...so I was stuck buying what they had...threw the clearomizer away when I got home. Had to draw extra hard to get vapor, the taste was weird (I swear I could taste the wicks), and it mellowed my juice enough to completely take.away the throat hit. It pretty much turned me off of wick systems forever

What exactly is leaking and from where? I use Ego-C batts and V4L tanks, and I've never had even a single drop leak.

And FWIW, I tried wick clearomizers once. I was out of town and forgot my back battery and charger...so I was stuck buying what they had...threw the clearomizer away when I got home. Had to draw extra hard to get vapor, the taste was weird (I swear I could taste the wicks), and it mellowed my juice enough to completely take.away the throat hit. It pretty much turned me off of wick systems forever
Leaks from the point where the battery meets the atomizer and at the same time, will drip at mouth piece into the mouth. Humidity seems to play a role and this has only happened when I'm outside. I think the hard caps on the eGo-T tanks play a role but I also think when the atomizer warms up too much, it leaks. From what I've read it is a pretty common problem with the resolution being both the soft caps and then not break dancing on the draw.

Also I want to thank you and EG72 in particular for being so helpful in this thread. I realize that once you get beyond the first months the discussion isn't as interesting, but your inputs have been invaluable.

ETA: Which v4L tanks? Link? TIA

Leaks from the point where the battery meets the atomizer and at the same time, will drip at mouth piece into the mouth. Humidity seems to play a role and this has only happened when I'm outside. I think the hard caps on the eGo-T tanks play a role but I also think when the atomizer warms up too much, it leaks. From what I've read it is a pretty common problem with the resolution being both the soft caps and then not break dancing on the draw. Also I want to thank you and EG72 in particular for being so helpful in this thread. I realize that once you get beyond the first months the discussion isn't as interesting, but your inputs have been invaluable.

http://www.vapor4life.com/3-5ml-dual-coil-metal-tank-808d-style-3902Once in a while when I take a hit I get a bit in my mouth, its from juice/condensation building up in the tip...I just take the tip off, blow air through it to clear it and put back on. I do that about once a day. As for leaking, mine never have.

I'm also using 510 threaded Ego batts with the 808d threaded tanks, so I use these adapters:

http://www.vapor4life.com/510-to-808d-adapter

Leaks from the point where the battery meets the atomizer and at the same time, will drip at mouth piece into the mouth. Humidity seems to play a role and this has only happened when I'm outside. I think the hard caps on the eGo-T tanks play a role but I also think when the atomizer warms up too much, it leaks. From what I've read it is a pretty common problem with the resolution being both the soft caps and then not break dancing on the draw. Also I want to thank you and EG72 in particular for being so helpful in this thread. I realize that once you get beyond the first months the discussion isn't as interesting, but your inputs have been invaluable.

http://www.vapor4life.com/3-5ml-dual-coil-metal-tank-808d-style-3902Once in a while when I take a hit I get a bit in my mouth, its from juice/condensation building up in the tip...I just take the tip off, blow air through it to clear it and put back on. I do that about once a day. As for leaking, mine never have.

I'm also using 510 threaded Ego batts with the 808d threaded tanks, so I use these adapters:

Ah, well I'm using these tanks.

So if I get the adapter I guess I can try your tanks. Have you tried the ones in my link? If so why do you like the 808 tanks better?

Ah, well I'm using these tanks. So if I get the adapter I guess I can try your tanks. Have you tried the ones in my link? If so why do you like the 808 tanks better?
Haven't tried those but have seen em. A buddy has been using the same setup as mine, but recently switched to 510 thread Dual Coil tanks from Totally Wicked. He says he doesn't notice a difference from the 808 tanks and now he doesn't have to deal with the adapter. The ones he uses are here (they're a few dollars more than the V4L tanks, but we have Totally Wicked vape shops locally so we don't have to pay shipping so it comes out cheaper). Next time I'm in the area I'm gonna pick one up and try it out.http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/dual-coil-tanks/35ml-dual-coil-tank-single-2-product.html

I've stuck with the 808 tanks because they've worked flawlessly and I haven't felt the need to try anything different (plus V4Ls sales are always great)..but if the 510s perform as well Ill switch so I don't have to mess with the adapter

Sorry for the short notice but here's the discount code gv30 for 30% off on juices from Gourmet Vapor. Sale started Sunday, but I've been busy the last couple days and didn't notice that they had emailed me. It ends at midnight tonight. Since I've never ordered from them before but had been considering it, I'm going to place a small order.

Here's a post on an ecig forum giving a summary:

Ok here is how gourmet vapor works. All the stock flavors you see in the drop menu can actually be mixed with other flavors ( max of 4 per juice) and you get to customize your own flavors or you can pick from flavors already made. And the descriptions aren't made by the site, they are made by the customers that customized the flavor. You can also choose what pg vs vg formulation you want for each juice. Also you can pick from other customers flavors they already made if you don't feel like making one yourself. The price for the juice is about a dollar a ml. And you can order anywhere from 5 ml all the way to 1000ml bottles. Personally I love this site. Finally I get to pick how much of each flavor goes into my juice and how much pg and vg I want.. this site is awesome IMO.
I've scoured the ECF forum and googled reviews on them and gathered that their Seattle Blend (coffee/tobacco), Nuport (menthol tobacco), Vanilla Gorilla (Vanilla), and RY4 are decent. In particular some former menthol smokers really like the Nuport, and the Seattle Blend was highly recommended.Have any FBGs ordered from them in the past? If so any recommendations?
How did this go? Reading good reviews from Gourmet Vapor. Anyone else tried them?

Doctor Detroit said:
Has anyone who has used the eGo-T or eGo-T tank system switched over to the Kanger, vivinova or CE 4 clearomizer? If so, what are your general thoughts about ease, vape, taste and cost? I have read the reviews of the vivi and Kanger in here but the wick systems seem like something I should avoid for now. I have the Artemus tank and is leaks and the draw is airy and rough. I also worry that the wick systems are much more labor-intensive, something the eGo-C and T tanks aren't. It's pretty much pour and vape and I like both systems.

Picked up the C yesterday to try and I like it. Having the separate atomizer head breakout seems like a cost effective long-term plan, but the T holds more juice (to me 2ml is perfect, 1 being to little and 3 or more being too much) and has the wider mouth piece which I like. So I think I'll use the C for home vape. Also got the soft caps for the T tanks to hopefully stop the leaking. I read last night that the biggest problem with leaking is due to heating up the atomizer too much and then drawing to hard on the device, instead of long slow draws.

That actually makes a lot of sense. All the problems I've have with leaking are at bars, out and about and when I seem to be busy. I think I'm hitting the system like i would a cigarette looking for a quick nicotine fix (I could smoke a cigarette in about 30 seconds down to the filter when in a hurry because of having to smoke in places like Afghanistan and in highly pressure-packed environments). So this is just another step in the transition, need to slow down but I think the soft tank tops will help reduce the leaking I don't inflict myself.

ETA: Picked up this little gem also. I only carry one battery to work so this is a good back up, and also a god stealth vapor device.
I use the vivi nova and it's great. i usually run the same coils for about 2 weeks (and i'm a heavy vaper), then change out. i rinse the used coils and put them away until I run out of fresh ones, then I can recycle the used one for 3-4 days each until I get some fresh ones in.

ETA: I specifically use the 1.8 ohm coils. Best throat hit and vapor production. http://www.madvapes.com/18-ohm-replaceable-coils-for-the-vivi-nova-tank.html

Order several, because it seems that every now and then, they'll go on backorder for a month or two.

ETA part deux: IIRC, these only work with the Vivi Nova II. if you get the Vivi Nova I, there are specific coils that you have to buy. Make sure you are buying the right coils for the right system. FYI, I am shmammered, so i may have things reversed. Buyer beware.

Just a little info for everyone

My initial battery purchase was the e-joy ego Twist. I purchased 2 units and was very happy with them for a while.. Eventually I found that the quality of these units was not on par with the common perception of e-joy products.. Within 4 months of initial purchase both of my original units started to come apart at the join between the control button and the battery.

I've since moved to the Smok Tech ego winder which function wise seems to be equal to the e-joy. I purchased a 900mah unit in chrome finish. In person the color finished models look cheapo, but they seem like much sturdier units and preform the same (from what I can tell)..

Smok tech ego winder > e-joy ego twist

Just a little info for everyone

My initial battery purchase was the e-joy ego Twist. I purchased 2 units and was very happy with them for a while.. Eventually I found that the quality of these units was not on par with the common perception of e-joy products.. Within 4 months of initial purchase both of my original units started to come apart at the join between the control button and the battery.

I've since moved to the Smok Tech ego winder which function wise seems to be equal to the e-joy. I purchased a 900mah unit in chrome finish. In person the color finished models look cheapo, but they seem like much sturdier units and preform the same (from what I can tell)..

Smok tech ego winder > e-joy ego twist
Strange you should mention them coming apart.. I've had 2 ego-C do the same thing.. The 2nd one did it yesterday. Both times I had them in my pocket while I was driving and when I went in my pocket to get them they were in 2 pieces, hanging together by a small red wire..

I use the Kanger Protank and the VIVI Nova and have no problems with leaking unless they're left for extended periods of time in extreme heat (not hard to do in summer in FL.) Otherwise, they work brilliantly. Filling is very easy, changing out heads takes 15 seconds.

I find the Nova to be closer to cartomizer performance (but much better) - a drier hit. The Protank functions more like a dripping atty, wetter, more flavorful. The wicks on the Protank are tiny, as it's a bottom-feeder, the Nova has long wicks and as such, the atomizer doesn't get as wet. I like the flavor and output on the Protank better - the draw was a little airy at first, but I got used to it and now prefer it to the Nova. The atomizer heads will start to diminish in performance after 4-5 days usually, but you can get them for $1.25 each, so I just toss them when they start to taper off.

ETA : Best flavor still belongs to the Cisco Spec 306s, but those are $9 a pop as opposed to $1.25 for the Protank/EVOD replacement heads. 80% of the flavor for 14% of the cost is a ratio I can live with.

Doctor Detroit said:
Wingnut said:
Doctor Detroit said:
Wingnut said:

Ah, well I'm using these tanks.

So if I get the adapter I guess I can try your tanks. Have you tried the ones in my link? If so why do you like the 808 tanks better?
I've used those tanks in your link above and I hated them. Awful performance compared to the ego-tank systems which I started using after the experience with the tanks you are using.

About 2 weeks ago I changed from nicotine Blu cigs to no nicotine. Didn't have the slightest problem at all. I think I am as close to being considered a non-smoker as you can be because the only nicotine I will ingest at this point is in the occasional cigar. These things really are just perfect, especially for my lifestyle. I can envision soon not even really needing the non nicotine ones as my use has cut down drastically from when they had nicotine in it. I've basically broken the need for them and now it's just a behavioral thing and nothing more.

About 2 weeks ago I changed from nicotine Blu cigs to no nicotine. Didn't have the slightest problem at all. I think I am as close to being considered a non-smoker as you can be because the only nicotine I will ingest at this point is in the occasional cigar. These things really are just perfect, especially for my lifestyle. I can envision soon not even really needing the non nicotine ones as my use has cut down drastically from when they had nicotine in it. I've basically broken the need for them and now it's just a behavioral thing and nothing more.
Awesome! :thumbup:

Somehow I hit this point early in the process just because I was convinced going in that the routine was the key, what you call the "behavioral thing'. I don't even carry the ecig around most of the time and have not had nicotine in the mix for over a year. Maybe 18 months or more--it was that quick. 40 years a smoker. I do enjoy the occasional cigar but you're talking a cuban every few months.

Just came in to post this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ND8ZUg9MEgU

Hope it's not a rerun.

Doctor Detroit said:

I use the vivi nova and it's great. i usually run the same coils for about 2 weeks (and i'm a heavy vaper), then change out. i rinse the used coils and put them away until I run out of fresh ones, then I can recycle the used one for 3-4 days each until I get some fresh ones in.

ETA: I specifically use the 1.8 ohm coils. Best throat hit and vapor production. http://www.madvapes.com/18-ohm-replaceable-coils-for-the-vivi-nova-tank.html

Order several, because it seems that every now and then, they'll go on backorder for a month or two.

ETA part deux: IIRC, these only work with the Vivi Nova II. if you get the Vivi Nova I, there are specific coils that you have to buy. Make sure you are buying the right coils for the right system. FYI, I am shmammered, so i may have things reversed. Buyer beware.
:lmao:

If anyone needs product reviews I've found this guy to be really good. I mean he's thorough.

He had a good review of the smaller tank systems where he ranks eGo-C as the #1. He pretty much ranks and reviews any system out there though and there is no grab ### antics, just the facts and good production value.

ETA: This girl isn't bad either :wub:

Based on reviews here from Gadabout and EG72, and then some extensive research...I have a Kanger Protank coming my way with five extra heads. I have the Smoktech Artemas and I began using it yesterday after figring out why it was leaking, and really like the draw and the taste. I am not wanting to get into all the wicks and stuff yet, so I eliminated the Vivi Nova among others. I'm gonna use dark juices with Artemas and the lighter juices with the Protank. Will check back in later with thoughts....

Sorry for the short notice but here's the discount code gv30 for 30% off on juices from Gourmet Vapor. Sale started Sunday, but I've been busy the last couple days and didn't notice that they had emailed me. It ends at midnight tonight. Since I've never ordered from them before but had been considering it, I'm going to place a small order.

Ok here is how gourmet vapor works. All the stock flavors you see in the drop menu can actually be mixed with other flavors ( max of 4 per juice) and you get to customize your own flavors or you can pick from flavors already made. And the descriptions aren't made by the site, they are made by the customers that customized the flavor. You can also choose what pg vs vg formulation you want for each juice. Also you can pick from other customers flavors they already made if you don't feel like making one yourself. The price for the juice is about a dollar a ml. And you can order anywhere from 5 ml all the way to 1000ml bottles. Personally I love this site. Finally I get to pick how much of each flavor goes into my juice and how much pg and vg I want.. this site is awesome IMO.
I've scoured the ECF forum and googled reviews on them and gathered that their Seattle Blend (coffee/tobacco), Nuport (menthol tobacco), Vanilla Gorilla (Vanilla), and RY4 are decent. In particular some former menthol smokers really like the Nuport, and the Seattle Blend was highly recommended.Have any FBGs ordered from them in the past? If so any recommendations?
How did this go? Reading good reviews from Gourmet Vapor. Anyone else tried them?
I enjoyed their RY4 & 5 very much (was pretty rich IIRC) but this was quite awhile ago - I've since settled into ordering Bloog juices, cartos, and batteries for the past 18 mos or so.

Bloog's RY4 and Red are good enough for me, and frankly I'm lazy and prefer one stop shopping. A couple times a year (holidays when discounts are offered), I'll just stock up and order a crap load of product.

I enjoyed their RY4 & 5 very much (was pretty rich IIRC) but this was quite awhile ago - I've since settled into ordering Bloog juices, cartos, and batteries for the past 18 mos or so.

Bloog's RY4 and Red are good enough for me, and frankly I'm lazy and prefer one stop shopping. A couple times a year (holidays when discounts are offered), I'll just stock up and order a crap load of product.
That's what I do, and those are the two flavors I always buy. Last time around, I got a couple of boxes of The Last Straw as well and liked them - tastes like drawing through an unlit cigarette.

Here is a link to my set-up

Kanger Protank with 1100 mAh eGo battery

eGo-T with 650mAh eGo battery

Smoktech Artemas w 650 mAh eGobatt

Ego-C w/ 350mAh eGobatt

So far I find the Protank to be a slightly better tank than the Artemas, but it's definitely airy. Think it needs some breaking in and the right flavors to really judge however. Are people using the Protank removing one of the wicks as some recommend?

Pretty simple set-ups, different juices for different dedicated devices. I have 5 eGo batteries now and I'm not planning on getting anything like a VAMO or anything, these work great. I do like the Innokin itaste MVP, maybe go that route in a few months. Not sure. I have ordered a coupe of EVOD BCC tanks for my out and about device to replace the constantly leaking T tanks.

Ordered some custom juices from this place, really impressive. Can't try some of them for a week or so because they need to be steeped, but the Fruit Smoothie is off the charts good.

Bonus link for my fellow vapers, I'm sure you'll appreciate this. :)

PSA: I don't know if anyone else has run into this issue, but I was having horrible insomnia for weeks. After reading thru the ecig forum, apparently this is pretty common. I normally vape an 11mg or 12mg, but for my last order I included a bottle of 6mg. Around 8pm, I switch over to the lower nicotine. Problem solved, been sleeping like a baby.

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod [/talkstoself]

This can certainly become more of a hobby than I thought but it keeps me focused. I am definitely going to make this a lifestyle choice but I'm not going to go crazy like those guys at ECF, and buy four Provari's with colors to match my mood.

I was reading though this thread last night reading up on who here had mods, interesting. More interesting however is the talk of DIY liquids which I think is my next commitment in this hobby. Trogg has some sort of formula? Anyone else? What do I need to know before I go down this road?

I use an iPhone app "ejuice" to calculate ml for my ingredients. I put in my percentages and it gives me the ml. I flavor about 20%, use 100mg nic (diluted to 12mg). My base is 70/30 VG/pg. I really only measure my flavor and nic and sort of eyeball the base. My only secret ingredient is ethyl maltol as a sweetener at about 3% of the flavor.

I just mixed up a couple batches yesterday. I did 120ml of vanilla custard, 30ml of butterscotch and 30ml of pumpkin pie. They all tasted great, but they really need about a week for all the flavors to mix. I would have made more but I'm low on my bases (VG/PG)

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod

I am not buying a mod [/talkstoself]

This can certainly become more of a hobby than I thought but it keeps me focused. I am definitely going to make this a lifestyle choice but I'm not going to go crazy like those guys at ECF, and buy four Provari's with colors to match my mood.

I was reading though this thread last night reading up on who here had mods, interesting. More interesting however is the talk of DIY liquids which I think is my next commitment in this hobby. Trogg has some sort of formula? Anyone else? What do I need to know before I go down this road?
Happy to give you my formula (scaled to 100ml per batch)...

5.5 ml Honey Flue Cured Tobacco super-concentrated flavoring

2 ml Black Cigar super-concentrated flavoring

33 ml 60mg VG nicotine base

~59 ml nic-free PG

I measure out the flavoring using a 3 ml graduated dropper and then eyeball the VG/PG. Takes about 3 minutes and costs roughly $6.50 to make a 100ml batch @ 20mg/ml. The roughly 2/1 PG to VG ratio makes for a thinner juice - I'm noticing I'm getting 7-10 days on an atomizer head before I choose to change it out rather than 4-5 days before it really drops off like it did when I was vaping the thicker Boba's Bounty (100% VG) through it exclusively.

Thanks guys, more questions to come I'm sure.

I'll tell you what, this Kanger Protank is alright. I'm hitting it heavy on a Monday at work and this thing is just belting out great flavor and vapor. :thumbup:

I'll tell you what, this Kanger Protank is alright. I'm hitting it heavy on a Monday at work and this thing is just belting out great flavor and vapor. :thumbup:
After a month or so of use, I want to throw my VIVI Novas out the window and use the Protank exclusively. When I first got it, the draw was way too airy for me, but I got used to it after a couple of days and now, it's my workhorse. So much more flavor than the Novas. Bottom feeders are simply where it's at.

After a month or so of use, I want to throw my VIVI Novas out the window and use the Protank exclusively. When I first got it, the draw was way too airy for me, but I got used to it after a couple of days and now, it's my workhorse. So much more flavor than the Novas. Bottom feeders are simply where it's at.
Yeah, I ordered some EVODs so I can shelf these eGo-T tanks and atomizers for good. great thing about the evod is you can use the Protank heads as replacements (longer shaft but it works from what I'm told). I'll have two EVODs, the Kanger and the Smoktech Artemas (carto tank) as my juice vehicles. I've heard good things about the Vivi Novas and two guys at work use them, but all the wicks and the burnt hits scared me away. Protank is very simple and effective for a noob, and it looks pretty badass to boot.

I have read about folks who like the carto tanks and I can see why, the flavors are just outstanding. The draw isn't as good as the Protank however, and it is a real pain in the ### to get juice in these things with three moving parts. But my Artemas holds 6ml so I have some Caramel Apple and caramel flavor mixed together, and that's my evening vape. That lasts three or four nights, so all is well. If I had to add juice everyday however, it would be a no go.

Found a local vape shop near here that is getting some good reviews, so I'm gonna take FBG all-star JZilla over to get him set up with his first kit. I'm recommending the Kanger EVOD starter kit with 2 batts, 2 clears, charger, 5 replacement heads for him. I think this kit is similar to the eGo-t and c kits but it's more cost effective, and he can get rolling with the low maintenance tanks right out the gate.

I'm just hoping to find a good coffee and a good strawberry juice...

I have read about folks who like the carto tanks and I can see why, the flavors are just outstanding. The draw isn't as good as the Protank however, and it is a real pain in the ### to get juice in these things with three moving parts.
They're easy to master. I dont condone dipping and driving, but I fill my tanks while driving sometimes...30 seconds max, no mess, no problemI just discovered a new vape shop 3 miles from home, went in and checked it out...talked shop with the owner for about 30 minutes...ended up switching over to a 510 tank cart. No more adapter, and no noticeable difference other than more airy of a hit. Vapor may be a tad better though. So we now have 3 vape shops in town, all opening in the last 2 months, and its only gonna get better. :)

Wingnut>I'm getting there with the Artemas, maybe someday I won't spill any juice when filling and I'll have mastered it!

I'm looking forward to my trip to the local shop tomorrow. I kind of cheated and looked at their site so I'm probably gonna pick up a Kanger Protank II (has the drip tip among other new things), a few juices and try out the zmax mini (but won't buy since I'm in furlough and short on cash right now).

Our local consumer guru, Clark Howard, did a story on vaping today on the news. He trotted out the INGREDIENT THAT'S FOUND IN ANTIFREEZE OMG!!jUAN1!!, and said there is FDA regulation coming in the fall.

Our local consumer guru, Clark Howard, did a story on vaping today on the news. He trotted out the INGREDIENT THAT'S FOUND IN ANTIFREEZE OMG!!jUAN1!!, and said there is FDA regulation coming in the fall.
I wanted to see that, but I missed it. Did he give any idea what the magnitude of the regulations would be?

I love antifreeze. :shrug:

Even if regulation of some sort comes on the liquids, not sure that is a bad thing (especially considering Chinese juices are probably the market majority). The bigger issue to me is it being controlled and taxed by the feds, driving up costs. The mods and devices are coming along every day so those costs should work on fundamental economic principles and supply and demand. If people can buy nicotine in bulk and mix their own juices, it's very hard to control for the government. If it is regulated in the regard that Chinese juices will be scrutinized, it probably is good for vapers as a whole.

I love antifreeze. :shrug:

Even if regulation of some sort comes on the liquids, not sure that is a bad thing (especially considering Chinese juices are probably the market majority). The bigger issue to me is it being controlled and taxed by the feds, driving up costs. The mods and devices are coming along every day so those costs should work on fundamental economic principles and supply and demand. If people can buy nicotine in bulk and mix their own juices, it's very hard to control for the government. If it is regulated in the regard that Chinese juices will be scrutinized, it probably is good for vapers as a whole.
The bolded is what worries me. They're going to classify everything involved with vaping as "tobacco products" and pretty soon, you'll be paying $50 for 20ml of juice. And no one will care.

I wanted to see that, but I missed it. Did he give any idea what the magnitude of the regulations would be?
Not really. He just wrapped up by saying that if you want to vape with the ultimate goal of not smoking OR vaping, then go for it, but don't just trade cigs for ecigs because there are too many unknowns.

I think nic is the only thing you'll need to stock up on. Flavor, PG, and VG should be easy to come by. Hell, CVS carries VG, just bought some a few weeks ago.

Maybe PG will be a bit harder, I can't think of anything else its used for in small amounts other than e-liquid.

I think nic is the only thing you'll need to stock up on. Flavor, PG, and VG should be easy to come by. Hell, CVS carries VG, just bought some a few weeks ago.

Maybe PG will be a bit harder, I can't think of anything else its used for in small amounts other than e-liquid.
All the water enhancers (mio) that I've seen use PG. Also used in some fog machine liquids.

Depends on the flavor. I can very easily see them saying anything with a tobacco flavoring (I use flue cured tobacco and black cigar exclusively as my DIY flavoring) is a "tobacco derivative" and thus subject to taxes, tariffs, surcharge, extra charge, additional overcharge, rust proofing, undercoat, title and license, handling fees, finders fee, keys.....

Users who are viewing this thread