What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (2 Viewers)

Anyone ever take these things on a plane?
I havent, but theyve been banned on all US flightshttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/11/e...n_n_821828.html
:scared: even vapors have to understand that there isn't enough data available on their safety. also the FDA has been trying to get them classified as a drug delivery device.

way too early to call these things safe to those using them or to those around the user. better safe then sorry. Kuddos to the airlines for being proactive.

Anyone ever take these things on a plane?
I havent, but theyve been banned on all US flightshttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/11/e...n_n_821828.html
:goodposting: even vapors have to understand that there isn't enough data available on their safety. also the FDA has been trying to get them classified as a drug delivery device.

way too early to call these things safe to those using them or to those around the user. better safe then sorry. Kuddos to the airlines for being proactive.
Safer is what we call them, and that has been researched and documented. SAFE for others has also been researched and documented. More accurately, the FDA has been trying to ban them as an unapproved (by the FDA) "smoking cessation drug". So far a federal judge shot them down and they according to his decision these remain a "tobacco product". Since tocacco leaf in minute amounts are ground and used for flavorings, it remains a tobacco product. Many people switch to vaping as a permanent "hobby" and not as a quit smoking device. The perfume on the fat broad sitting next to you in 14B is more noxiuos than these things are, and so are room fresheners and a million other things that don't have big drug company and tobacco money going after them. (Or people filled with blind irrational hatred for twisted reasons of their own.) The beauty is there is no smell. We can just go to the washroom on a plane. I bet that makes you spit blood. :mellow:

We get it. There is another thread about opinions regarding vaping, it even includes a poll, and please go there to spew you puposely ignorant opinions. TIA.

I'm really liking these things. No analogs since 7 AM yesterday and no ill effects. I'm not grouchy, irritable, craving... nothing. It's amazing. The only side effect I can detect is the cotton mouth which isn't even that bad.

I figured the drive home yesterday would be tough, but it wasn't.

I am sooo glad this thread was created.

SAFE for others has also been researched and documented.
there isn't near enough data to make that claim.as the airlines said we don't want our passengers to be guinea pigs whether these things are safe for others.
Meh, maybe that's part of it but regardless of what airlines say I think the reality is that allowing vapes on airplanes will result in the ignorant outrage of thousands or millions of other passengers. Pretty confident if I vaped on a flight of 100 passengers there would immediately be 90+ people pressing the call button to complain. I understand that, and would do the same thing if I ran a business that's prohibited smoking on flights for a decade. I wouldn't want my staff's primary job to become educating people that this thing that looks exactly like smoke really isn't. It's unreasonable to expect change and understanding at this stage of the technology. In other words, even if there was indisputable proof of no safety concern it would still be a PITA for airlines and their employees.

Got my blank carts today. Took me less than 10 minutes to fill them using the condom method. I'm going to let them sit overnight (and kill off the last of my analogs). Tomorrow I vape.

P.S. I ordered the carts from V4L. I ordered black, but they sent royal blue. How will I show my face at fashion week with a mismatched e-cig???

Got my blank carts today. Took me less than 10 minutes to fill them using the condom method. I'm going to let them sit overnight (and kill off the last of my analogs). Tomorrow I vape.P.S. I ordered the carts from V4L. I ordered black, but they sent royal blue. How will I show my face at fashion week with a mismatched e-cig???
Good luck. I did both for a couple of days. It took that long to get things worked out, throat hit, vapor production, nicotine dosage. I'm on day 3 of no analogs. From 2 1/2 packs a day. Best of luck. If at first it doesn't work for you, you may have to try a couple flavors etc. I've been sticking with the tobacco flavors so far. Doing both for a few days seemd to work well for me, but everyone is different.

Heres a great vid that shows how to raise the contact the posts on your cartos and batteries (manual and auto) to shore up your connections...

Ordered from V4L on Monday. Tracking said leaving Evans IL on Wednesday. Got all excited that it would be in the mail when I got home yesterday and no e-cig. Maybe today?

Took a vape of a buddies e-cig (not sure what brand) and he had menthol. If the one I ordered works as well as his, I will be completely satisfied. I can see this working. He works nights in a bar and smoked at least a pack a day and 2 packs/day on the weekends. He's down to one analog with his morning coffee and one right before bed.

Got my blank carts today. Took me less than 10 minutes to fill them using the condom method. I'm going to let them sit overnight (and kill off the last of my analogs). Tomorrow I vape.P.S. I ordered the carts from V4L. I ordered black, but they sent royal blue. How will I show my face at fashion week with a mismatched e-cig???
Good luck. I did both for a couple of days. It took that long to get things worked out, throat hit, vapor production, nicotine dosage. I'm on day 3 of no analogs. From 2 1/2 packs a day. Best of luck. If at first it doesn't work for you, you may have to try a couple flavors etc. I've been sticking with the tobacco flavors so far. Doing both for a few days seemd to work well for me, but everyone is different.
I've only done the tobacco flavors, too. I like the 555 the best. TH is really good and I like the flavor. The Hilton is my least favorite but it's still OK. The RY4 is what I'm using now and I like it almost as much as the 555. I've got a bunch of fruity flavors left to try still but I wanted to let my taste buds come back to life a little before I try them.

I've only done the tobacco flavors, too. I like the 555 the best. TH is really good and I like the flavor. The Hilton is my least favorite but it's still OK. The RY4 is what I'm using now and I like it almost as much as the 555. I've got a bunch of fruity flavors left to try still but I wanted to let my taste buds come back to life a little before I try them.
I just tried Wow cherry and Wow Banana Cocoa that they threw in with my purchase. Didn't really care for them. I think, if you are looking for a more "cigarette-like" experience and are willing to try new flavors, I think things along the coffee, caramel side are nice alternatives. It gives a cigarette-like hit with a little sweetness. I guess it's kind of like getting those little cigars with the sweet tip on the end.So, in summary, to me these ecigs feel and sound like I'm taking a light hit from one of those cigarette-shaped weed pipes without the harshness. Add in a little sweet vapor flavor with nicotine and a nice smokey exhale and that's what you've got. If you've used one of those cig-shaped pipes the experience is quite similar (it weighs about the same so you can't just hold it in your mouth without using your fingers). Just not nearly as harsh.

Last edited by a moderator:
V4L has a 28% off deal this weekend on purchases over $75. I'm getting my wife a VK starter kit today and it will cost about the same as a carton of analogs - OK, maybe 2.

I got the wife onboard with this and just ordered her set up at V4L with the "Valentine28" discount code. $84 with 25 cartos and all the other things. Sweet.

Just ordered my bloog maxx fusion starter kit.

Background, I smoked in HS, quit in college and never had a desire until about 3yrs ago while traveling for work. Started with just one or two cigs a day and now I'm up to about a half pack a day. Been causing real issues with the wife (I never smoke at home or around family, but she smells it on me and it starts the fight).

I'm hoping this helps, I've tried cold turkey which is how I did it last time, but for some reason I just can't find the willpower these days. I'm hoping to use this to ween off of the nicotine and smoking habit, rather than using it as a long term replacement for smoking analogs. From reading other posts, I can't tell if people are using it as a replacement (e.g. still smoking ecigs long term) or using to kick the habit. Is there a difference?

Ordered from V4L on Monday. Tracking said leaving Evans IL on Wednesday. Got all excited that it would be in the mail when I got home yesterday and no e-cig. Maybe today?Took a vape of a buddies e-cig (not sure what brand) and he had menthol. If the one I ordered works as well as his, I will be completely satisfied. I can see this working. He works nights in a bar and smoked at least a pack a day and 2 packs/day on the weekends. He's down to one analog with his morning coffee and one right before bed.
Mail come yet? :blackdot: Good luck, and I just wanted to say your buddy is where I'm at with this. Hoping the next batch is something I can live with and get rid of the anolog crutch beginning and ending each day.

Not get off subject but if any of you new non-smokers want to get crazy take a look at the C25K program. Complete couch potato here but started today, no 911 call, a good start.

C25K

Heres a great vid that shows how to raise the contact the posts on your cartos and batteries (manual and auto) to shore up your connections...

:blackdot: Sheisters, I've been screwing my battery tight into the charger, and not loose as suggested. Good info.

Got my Bloog Max Fusion starter today. I like it WAY better than the Smoke Stick. I got the Red for the starter. Meh!

Gotta start ordering juice for when the cartos are gone!!

Anybody got 5ml assortment packs??

Maple bacon from bluemist kicks ###. :lmao: Tastes more like maple syrup than bacon, but every now and then you get a little bacon hint. Really good flavor and throat hit.

The RY4 isn't bad either.

I just got an assortment from alien visions in the mail. Uncortunatley I havent got my MAXXfusion yet.

Just ordered my bloog maxx fusion starter kit. Background, I smoked in HS, quit in college and never had a desire until about 3yrs ago while traveling for work. Started with just one or two cigs a day and now I'm up to about a half pack a day. Been causing real issues with the wife (I never smoke at home or around family, but she smells it on me and it starts the fight).I'm hoping this helps, I've tried cold turkey which is how I did it last time, but for some reason I just can't find the willpower these days. I'm hoping to use this to ween off of the nicotine and smoking habit, rather than using it as a long term replacement for smoking analogs. From reading other posts, I can't tell if people are using it as a replacement (e.g. still smoking ecigs long term) or using to kick the habit. Is there a difference?
I am approaching it as a way to stop smoking and to eventually get off the nicotine too. Right now, it really doesn't matter. I'm not smoking analogs. I'm sure I'll be vaping for months. From 2 1/2 packs to zero overnight, now in day 4. No point in even thinking about 6 months from now. One step at a time. I was reading a thread at the Ecig forum about how long people hold the vapor. I learned that with an analog, it's tiny ash particulates that attach to the lining of the lungs that actually delivers the nicotine. With vapor, you don't need to deeply inhale because the absorption is through membranes, not attached to ash particulates. I don't inhale deeply at all now. Releasing the vapor through your nose actually increases absorption. Not much absorption even occurs in the lungs. There are no nicotine laden ash particulates to attach to the linings in the lungs. No tar. That's what tar is as I understand it, tiny ash particulates. That is also what makes second hand smoke unhealthy. The ash. It carries all the carcinogens.

Just ordered my bloog maxx fusion starter kit. Background, I smoked in HS, quit in college and never had a desire until about 3yrs ago while traveling for work. Started with just one or two cigs a day and now I'm up to about a half pack a day. Been causing real issues with the wife (I never smoke at home or around family, but she smells it on me and it starts the fight).I'm hoping this helps, I've tried cold turkey which is how I did it last time, but for some reason I just can't find the willpower these days. I'm hoping to use this to ween off of the nicotine and smoking habit, rather than using it as a long term replacement for smoking analogs. From reading other posts, I can't tell if people are using it as a replacement (e.g. still smoking ecigs long term) or using to kick the habit. Is there a difference?
I am approaching it as a way to stop smoking and to eventually get off the nicotine too. Right now, it really doesn't matter. I'm not smoking analogs. I'm sure I'll be vaping for months. From 2 1/2 packs to zero overnight, now in day 4. No point in even thinking about 6 months from now. One step at a time. I was reading a thread at the Ecig forum about how long people hold the vapor. I learned that with an analog, it's tiny ash particulates that attach to the lining of the lungs that actually delivers the nicotine. With vapor, you don't need to deeply inhale because the absorption is through membranes, not attached to ash particulates. I don't inhale deeply at all now. Releasing the vapor through your nose actually increases absorption. Not much absorption even occurs in the lungs. There are no nicotine laden ash particulates to attach to the linings in the lungs. No tar. That's what tar is as I understand it, tiny ash particulates. That is also what makes second hand smoke unhealthy. The ash. It carries all the carcinogens.
++++++++1 I'm using it as a stop smoking/nicotine method as well. And the fact I've got the wife onboard is going to make it all the more easier. I've tried quitting many times, but this is by far the easiest it's ever been. Its not a done deal yet, but it sure feels like it will be..

++++++++1 I'm using it as a stop smoking/nicotine method as well. And the fact I've got the wife onboard is going to make it all the more easier. I've tried quitting many times, but this is by far the easiest it's ever been. Its not a done deal yet, but it sure feels like it will be..
I feel like it's a done deal. I really do. I am an ex-smoker.

I bought mine strictly as an analog replacement, but I can see how I might be able to use it to eventually quit nicotine altogether.

I'm just glad to be off of tobacco, and I still enjoy the nicotine...but I'm finding myself vaping less and less throughout the day, and I think when I need to order new juice in about a month, I'll order some weaker nicotine strength to try to start cutting back.

Just ordered a couple V4L XL starting kits for my brother and I.......thanks for the Valentine's promo code and all the great info!!

Pantherz said:
SpurrierisisGod said:
Ordered from V4L on Monday. Tracking said leaving Evans IL on Wednesday. Got all excited that it would be in the mail when I got home yesterday and no e-cig. Maybe today?Took a vape of a buddies e-cig (not sure what brand) and he had menthol. If the one I ordered works as well as his, I will be completely satisfied. I can see this working. He works nights in a bar and smoked at least a pack a day and 2 packs/day on the weekends. He's down to one analog with his morning coffee and one right before bed.
Mail come yet? :D Good luck, and I just wanted to say your buddy is where I'm at with this. Hoping the next batch is something I can live with and get rid of the anolog crutch beginning and ending each day.
Didn't come in yesterday. When I track it, it still says "processed at ELK Grove IL facitlity and on way to destination." It has said that since Wednesday at 7:33am. I'm all :coffee: then :lmao: when I get home. Impatiently waiting.

Just tracked the order again.

It made to to the sorting facility here yesterday at 5:05pm. Guessing it should be here tomorrow!

I can't remember the last time I have anticipated the arrival of a package so much.

Hope this post in V4L forum is as inspirational to others getting started as it was for me. I saw it on the 11th and I'm now on my 2nd morning of ecigging- even though my wife is out of town, which is unheard of. This guy had a 1 year anniversary on the 11th. Something about the pic hit me... just looks beat down under the weight of a smoking addiction, looking at his V4L kit with skeptical hope.

That guy, Day 1

Haven't had an analog since the kit arrived. I keep being surprised at the amount of times I can enjoy a couple of drags when before it would have been a chore/waste of time to do so. Yesterday I was setting up my indoor seedling lights and cleaning up the area. I wanted a cigarette but didn't want to take out the time to go outside (won't smoke analogs inside) light up for a couple of drags and then get back to work. Then I thought "Hey, I don't have to do that!". Ran up and got my v4l w/ classic caramel, brought it downstairs and was able to enjoy a couple of drags now and then without worrying about smoke or discarding the cigarette.

Last night I went out and had a couple of drinks. Normally as soon as I'd get home I'd keep my jacket on, go outside, have a couple of drags, come in, flush the cig and go to bed smelling like a cigarette. Now it's hang up jacket, get my e-cig, take a couple of drags then done.

I want to buy stock in this company.

This morning I did have an urge for an analog, a strong one when I was having my coffee. I usually vape 18mg cartridges, but when this happenes I go to a 24mg. That quelled it for the most part. I still do have urges for an analog, but with these things it's managable. I suppose that is to be expected having gone from 2 1/2 (sometimes 3) packs a day to zero. I'm still analog free though. I know it's the first one that kills. I know I can't have even ONE. That's how a relapse starts.

I've had some trouble using the condom refilling method. The suction twice has pulled the white filter out of the cart. I solved that by putting a pin hole in the condom before I try to pull the cart out of it. That ruins the condom, but I have enough of them around for the time being. I don't fill the condom as high as I've seen it done on u Tube videos. I only fill it half way and I find I waste less juice that way. I also don't want to short out my auto batteries by over filling my carts.

Evilgrin, how long does the MaxxFusion battery last? Say compared to a V4L XL 808? Does increasing the voltage for better vapor shorten the operating time? I need to buy another couple of batteries and I don't know if I want to go V4L or MaxxFusion. Does the V4L recharger work with the MaxxFusion batts? I really prefer using my USB pass through, that 5 volts makes a big difference in vapor production and satisfaction.

This morning I did have an urge for an analog, a strong one when I was having my coffee. I usually vape 18mg cartridges, but when this happenes I go to a 24 :goodposting: :unsure: mg. That quelled it for the most part. I still do have urges for an analog, but with these things it's managable. I suppose that is to be expected having gone from 2 1/2 (sometimes 3) packs a day to zero. I'm still analog free though. I know it's the first one that kills. I know I can't have even ONE. That's how a relapse starts.
:( I'm struggling through the day, but Hilton 18 is keeping that last emergency smoke in my glove compartment. :unsure: I have an assortment of new cartos coming (please be Monday) - including 2 packs of 24 mg. Haven't tried those yet but what you describe is exactly how I intend to use them. But boy I can't wait for new flavors... Hilton 3 days in a row is wearing on me.

This morning I did have an urge for an analog, a strong one when I was having my coffee. I usually vape 18mg cartridges, but when this happenes I go to a 24mg. That quelled it for the most part. I still do have urges for an analog, but with these things it's managable. I suppose that is to be expected having gone from 2 1/2 (sometimes 3) packs a day to zero. I'm still analog free though. I know it's the first one that kills. I know I can't have even ONE. That's how a relapse starts.
The morning is when I most craved a cigarette(s). That's been the toughest part for me, especially when I have a steaming-hot mug of chicory coffee in my hand. I just pretty much chain vape in the mornings. Kinda wish I had a 30 or 36mg juice for those moments, but I'm only working with 24mg at the moment. I'll basically keep hitting it till my throat is numb. And then I'll throw in a few more haymakers for good measure.

This morning I did have an urge for an analog, a strong one when I was having my coffee. I usually vape 18mg cartridges, but when this happenes I go to a 24 :lmao: :lmao: mg. That quelled it for the most part. I still do have urges for an analog, but with these things it's managable. I suppose that is to be expected having gone from 2 1/2 (sometimes 3) packs a day to zero. I'm still analog free though. I know it's the first one that kills. I know I can't have even ONE. That's how a relapse starts.
:goodposting: I'm struggling through the day, but Hilton 18 is keeping that last emergency smoke in my glove compartment. :unsure: I have an assortment of new cartos coming (please be Monday) - including 2 packs of 24 mg. Haven't tried those yet but what you describe is exactly how I intend to use them. But boy I can't wait for new flavors... Hilton 3 days in a row is wearing on me.
I think you will be very happy you have some 24's to fall back on when need be. There is definitely a difference. I bought the tobacco sampler pack. I like the 555 and the Hilton. The Dunhall is wierd... sometimes I really like it, other times I don't. Cowboy nobacco 18mg is my usual. That is the one flavor I have in a 30ml juice jar. My next juice will be 555 Wow, 24mg.I should admit.... in the evening if I have a brew... I go to the 24's. Beer made me smoke more, it also triggers me for a stronger E-Cig. When I tried to quit with patches and gum, I also had to quit coffee and brews. This makes it so much easier, not having to give up every vice at once.

I've had some trouble using the condom refilling method. The suction twice has pulled the white filter out of the cart. I solved that by putting a pin hole in the condom before I try to pull the cart out of it. That ruins the condom, but I have enough of them around for the time being. I don't fill the condom as high as I've seen it done on u Tube videos. I only fill it half way and I find I waste less juice that way. I also don't want to short out my auto batteries by over filling my carts.

Evilgrin, how long does the MaxxFusion battery last? Say compared to a V4L XL 808? Does increasing the voltage for better vapor shorten the operating time? I need to buy another couple of batteries and I don't know if I want to go V4L or MaxxFusion. Does the V4L recharger work with the MaxxFusion batts? I really prefer using my USB pass through, that 5 volts makes a big difference in vapor production and satisfaction.
Obviously, it will depend on how often you hit it, but I gave my brother one of my 78mm batts on Saturday morning to take to work with him. He used it pretty heavily starting at 6:45 AM and it didn't die until 9 PM. Seems to be kind of inconsistent though. Sometimes I get 4-5 hours on a battery, sometimes 12. I'd say average is probably 7 hours or so. I've never used more than 2 batteries in a day.2 new juice reviews. Got a new order from Bluemist.. 80/20 PG/VG with extra flavor.

Banana Nut Bread - damn. Tastes just like banana nut bread (that'll tell you whether you'll like it or not). Tremendous flavor, monster TH. Very sweet. Maybe too much so for an all-day vape, but a great morning/dessert choice. Flavor 9/10, TH 9.5/10

Peanut Butter & Strawberry - tastes like a PB&J sandwich. Also great TH on this. I didn't think these flavors would pack this kind of punch. Sweet like the banana bread 9as is to be expected) Flavor : 8.5/10, TH 9/10.

I also got 5 tobacco flavors from VaporStation. So far, the only one I've filled is the VS4, which was suppsoedly a dead ringer for Alien vision's Boba's Bounty. So far, it tastes like nothing on one pull, like a#s on the next. Hoping it needs to steep, otherwise these may have been a big waste.

Obviously, it will depend on how often you hit it, but I gave my brother one of my 78mm batts on Saturday morning to take to work with him. He used it pretty heavily starting at 6:45 AM and it didn't die until 9 PM. Seems to be kind of inconsistent though. Sometimes I get 4-5 hours on a battery, sometimes 12. I'd say average is probably 7 hours or so. I've never used more than 2 batteries in a day.2 new juice reviews. Got a new order from Bluemist.. 80/20 PG/VG with extra flavor.

Banana Nut Bread - damn. Tastes just like banana nut bread (that'll tell you whether you'll like it or not). Tremendous flavor, monster TH. Very sweet. Maybe too much so for an all-day vape, but a great morning/dessert choice. Flavor 9/10, TH 9.5/10

Peanut Butter & Strawberry - tastes like a PB&J sandwich. Also great TH on this. I didn't think these flavors would pack this kind of punch. Sweet like the banana bread 9as is to be expected) Flavor : 8.5/10, TH 9/10.

I also got 5 tobacco flavors from VaporStation. So far, the only one I've filled is the VS4, which was suppsoedly a dead ringer for Alien vision's Boba's Bounty. So far, it tastes like nothing on one pull, like a#s on the next. Hoping it needs to steep, otherwise these may have been a big waste.
EG... I'm on the fence for my next battery kit. Have you used the V4L USB bypass? That is the performance I am looking for in a battery. The V4L bypass really works well for me, the batteries just don't deliver like the bypass. In short, does the MaXX Fusion get close to how well the bypass works? Or closer to that than the V4L 808's? More vapor, more TH, more flavor?TIA.

I'm just waiting for that green light to go on...

I may not be "Rover" excited, but I'm pretty psyched. Thanks for all of the heavy lifting in this thread, guys. Very cool of you all.

Going to try this out and place an order at V4L. Any kit ok? Was thinking the Vapor King Ultimate Automatic Kit since its on sale, but I've seen people mention Vapor King Ultimate XL Kit. Is that because they are longer?

Going to try this out and place an order at V4L. Any kit ok? Was thinking the Vapor King Ultimate Automatic Kit since its on sale, but I've seen people mention Vapor King Ultimate XL Kit. Is that because they are longer?
It's my understanding the XL batteries hold a charge longer. I'd take longer batteries for $65 and pass on the carrying case that comes with shorties at the sale price.

It's my understanding the XL batteries hold a charge longer. I'd take longer batteries for $65 and pass on the carrying case that comes with shorties at the sale price.
Sounds good. Thanks.

EG... I'm on the fence for my next battery kit. Have you used the V4L USB bypass? That is the performance I am looking for in a battery. The V4L bypass really works well for me, the batteries just don't deliver like the bypass. In short, does the MaXX Fusion get close to how well the bypass works? Or closer to that than the V4L 808's? More vapor, more TH, more flavor?TIA.
I've never used any V4L products, so I have no basis for comparison.

Question for the V4L users about the chargers...

I've been having to use 1 battery because I still haven't received my replacement for a defective one I got.

When I put it on the wall charger and screw it all the way in the light turns red. I have yet to see the light turn green with the battery on it, even after being on it all night.

Today I have it on the USB charger and the light is red except for a quick blue blink every 5 seconds or so.

The battery seems to work fine and hasn't yet gone dead.

Can someone explain what the lights mean?

I've been having to use 1 battery because I still haven't received my replacement for a defective one I got.

When I put it on the wall charger and screw it all the way in the light turns red. I have yet to see the light turn green with the battery on it, even after being on it all night.

Today I have it on the USB charger and the light is red except for a quick blue blink every 5 seconds or so.

Mine turns green when it's charged.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you may have 2 bad batteries. You are supposed to screw it in until the blue LED light flashes 5 times, which will not be fully tight. The charge indicator then turns red, and should turn green once your unit is charged. If it isn't turning green, my guess is the battery is not fully charging. Possibly you have a bad charger if the blue LED keeps flashing intermittantly like it received the unit but doesn't move to charging. Sounds like you might need another exchange... you should maybe just start from scratch and exchange the whole set.ETA scratch that, didn't notice you used a wall charger.

EvilGrin - I ordered a MaxxFusion last night for the wife - anything special I need to know about getting her started with the kit when it arrives? Is it just - charge it up, screw on a cart and start puffing? There is no primer or anything to blow out? Also, did you get your syringes yet for filling? Where did you order the syringes from? Thanks for the info!

EvilGrin - I ordered a MaxxFusion last night for the wife - anything special I need to know about getting her started with the kit when it arrives? Is it just - charge it up, screw on a cart and start puffing? There is no primer or anything to blow out? Also, did you get your syringes yet for filling? Where did you order the syringes from? Thanks for the info!
Yep, screw it on and puff away. Bloog sends you everything fully charged, the PCC and the batteries, so you screw on a carto and are vaping within 10 seconds of opening the box. No primer puffs, nothing to blow out, just plug and play.I got the syringes Saturday afternoon, I ordered them from Bluemist - 5 ml syringes were $1 a piece, I got 5 of them. Seems to be a VERY easy way to fill, only I've overfilled a couple and lost a little juice that way. You really need to just inject about .75 ml in and if it "drinks" it up without any puddling on top of the filler, add another .25 ml. I also don't know what effect (if any) repeated injection is going to have on the filler material in the cartos, you can definitely feel the needle "muscling" its way through the filler material.

moderated said:
Rovers said:
SAFE for others has also been researched and documented.
there isn't near enough data to make that claim.as the airlines said we don't want our passengers to be guinea pigs whether these things are safe for others.
This isn't how freedom works, man. First you have to get some data to make the claim that they aren't. Until then, allow people their liberty.

Got my Bloog MaxxFusion over the weekend. Went Golfing yesterday. I would smoke 10 cigs a round. None. This thing did the trick. No longer do I have to throw the butt on the grass, lose it, stand around looking for it. Just take a drag here or there on my schedule not the lit analog's. Ordered all Reds. I didn't even go through the carto or the battery yesterday so I assume that I will never need more than one a day as yesterday would have been considered a high usage day for me.

I also bought the new trifecta battery, although I have no idea how to charge it, or what I'm going to use it for. The other two that cam with the starter kit should do it. I ordered some juice from Alien Visions and should be here this week.

Still not sure how to do the juice transfer yet but I guess I will start looking into it when I have time.

After having said all that. I am very stoked for this. I think that I can replace my nasty little analog habit with this with little to no problem. For me its more about the act of inhaling smoke than the nicotine addiction itself has ever been. I can go days at a time without a cigarette, and then have a beer or a huge meal and real crave the inhaling sensation. i'm not saying that my body doesn't in some from crave the nicotine, just that I don't think about it if a I miss a day or two here or there. Its always the situation that dictates the desire to smoke. I think these e-cigs can easliy replace the analog experience because it replaces the same thing for me. Its a very authentic inhaling experience.

Thanks for all the inspiration and advice.

Users who are viewing this thread