Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
(HULK)

Electronic Cigarettes

A shop selling higher end devices finally opened up near me. Not sure where to begin as my experience is only with the stuff @ gas stations & 7/11. Looks like they carry ego t and vapor 123 starter kits. Any idea which is better?

Besides starter kits and juice, anything else I'll need to buy? As time wears on, besides replacing the juice, what else will I need. Ideally, I'd like to set this up as a once a month stop to pick up supplies, what will I need?

TIA

Whatever kind of vaping equipment you buy, there will be something in it that wears out - cartomizers, atomizers, coils, wicks, whatever. Whatever that thing is for what you end up using, you'll need to replace it - but it is generally an inexpensive piece of the puzzle.

Edit: I use a Kanger EVOD2, and have no complaints at all. Most places seem to sell those.

How long do these various pieces last? A week? A month? Several months?

Depends on what piece we're talking about and how much you use it.

For me, I have to replace a coil that fits into the EVOD2 tank. That coil lasts anywhere from 6 days to a week and a half, depending on the type of juice I'm using and how much I use it (I use it a lot.) I know people who only change their coils every 3 weeks or even much longer. The coil costs about $2.

Yep. For me the coils last like 3-4 days because I'm using Boba's which is notorious for gunking your stuff. I just order a lot of coils and then you can find places that will give you a price break and get it to more like $1.40 or so.

I made a break through on my usage though recently...hopefully I'll be done with these within a month or so.

Last batch I ordered these new and improved coils for the EVOD2. Just grabbed a 5 pack to make sure I like them. Definitely liking them more, biggest difference is that there's actually no space between the "stem" of the atomizer and where it fits into the tank. I'd always get a couple of drops of juice that would come out the top when I'd refill, not experiencing that with these. So I lose less juice and it's better on the go. I need to get rid of my old coils now.

At my friendly local quickie-mart place that I stop at to buy general things the other day and though I haven't bought an e-cig in a long time the guy knows I used them so he gave me a new one they just got. Can't for the life of me remember the name but it was Z something. The butt end that you inhale from had an opening in the shape of a Z. Disposable and not cartridge, but the cig itself was soft to the touch like a real one and the inhalling portion was perfectly similar to a real cig. The draw was decent but not great and the taste was pretty standard fake tobacco unflavored and not great.

But I have to admit that the feel of the thing was pretty close to perfect. The only problem I had with the Blue e-cigs and it was pretty much for any and all of the others I tried was the metallic hardness of the cig itself. I may grab a couple of these Z things to keep instead of hitting a cigar on the golf course this weekend.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I am really digging some of these non tobacco flavored flavors. I have a bubblegum one I really like. I just ordered Swedish Fish, Toasted Marshmallow and Fruity Pebbles.

My go to flavor is still one that's caramel and vanilla with a hint of tobacco. But it's nice trying these other flavors. My least favorite part of smoking was the fact that it tasted like crap.

I think most people eventually diverge from the tobacco flavors. I haven't vaped one in a couple of years. My goto is chocolate mint from MadVapes.

I still use tobaccos on occasion. I loved the aromatics from Ahlusion, but they stopped selling on line (any Michigan peeps want to do me a favor)? Their non-Aromatics are good, but not great.

I've been on a Nicoticket fix lately. Virus, Raz Cup, Or3o, the list goes on. Pretty rough on coils though. I'm using iclear 30s on an itaste MVP currently (will make a slow transition to rebuildables at some point I guess) and change my coil close to twice a week.

My wife steals a hit now and then and is already on me to reorder Castle Long Reserve from Five Pawns. It's expensive as hell, but very good.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I am really digging some of these non tobacco flavored flavors. I have a bubblegum one I really like. I just ordered Swedish Fish, Toasted Marshmallow and Fruity Pebbles.

My go to flavor is still one that's caramel and vanilla with a hint of tobacco. But it's nice trying these other flavors. My least favorite part of smoking was the fact that it tasted like crap.

When I'm not using a straight tobacco, there's a tobacco based cherry rum I like. The sweet stuff is really popular here - maybe that's just the South?

What level of nicotine are most of you using? Just out of curiosity.

Down to 6mg. Tried 3, but it doesn't have any throat hit.

6mg here as well. I've got an old bottle of 24mg Blueberry from V4L at work for emergencies. Think I've only had to use it twice. Ordered my first 0 tonight, http://www.nicoticket.com/got-cookie-sr/ because they were out of 6mg. Either it starts me to the nic free path or I have a bottle of liq nic around I could add.

Can anyone throw out a link to a good aromatic Nat extracted tobacco? Ahlusion's gone non-aromatic and they're not the same.

12mg and I don't plan to reduce it any further. I do get some 6mg non-tobacco flavors though that I'll vape in the evenings sometimes.

Some of the tobacco flavors are awful, especially at local B&Ms. Until you discover HHV, Indigo, or any really fine RY4 tobaccos can be unfriendly to the new vapor. I found I needed tobacco flavor when I drank in those first few weeks, but I didn't really dive deep into the N-E-Ts and being an RY4 snob until three months in or so IIRC. Now tobaccos are about 95% of my consumption, but all of them are considered upper tier juices.

What level of nicotine are most of you using? Just out of curiosity.

Down to 6mg. Tried 3, but it doesn't have any throat hit.

This.

Is there any way to get throat hit without nicotine? I could honestly get rid of the nicotine if I could get a throat hit.

Is there any way to get throat hit without nicotine? I could honestly get rid of the nicotine if I could get a throat hit.

Up the PG in your ratio? I remember starting out it was always VG for clouds, PG for throat hit.

Up the PG in your ratio? I remember starting out it was always VG for clouds, PG for throat hit.

This is interesting and good to know. One store I order my go to flavor doesn't list what the ratio is. They say they don't for proprietary reasons. But I also order from another site that allows you to choose between about 8 different ratios. I had no idea what they meant. I'll have to experiment with this my next order. :thumbup:

Welp, jumped in to the higher end stuff. 2 stores opened up by me so it will be much easier.

Initial purchase:

eGo CTwist battery

Kanger Tech T3S mouthpiece and coils (plus 5 replacement coils)

Cosmic Fog Milk & Honey

Some generic Coffee Flavor

A new day has dawned. Anything I should be on the lookout for?

I meant to give an update. Got my flavors and have been trying them all out. Root beer float is OK. Nothing great, but not bad. A little too much cream soda taste. Toasted marshmallow isn't that good. Reminds me more of a coffee taste. I'll finish out that bottle and be done with it. But my Swedish Fish and Fruity Pebbles flavors are to die for! They taste so good. So that leaves me with 4 flavors in my normal rotation.

I haven't felt the need for a cigarette at all since I picked up the Ego. This thing completely replaces them. Much much much better than the Blu.

Just put in some Mystic Fog Gummy Cola juice. Holy cow! New favorite. Probably will be trying a lot of different juices out, but this one is awesome!

• Like 1

I haven't felt the need for a cigarette at all since I picked up the Ego. This thing completely replaces them. Much much much better than the Blu.

Just put in some Mystic Fog Gummy Cola juice. Holy cow! New favorite. Probably will be trying a lot of different juices out, but this one is awesome!

Yup. Same once I got the EVOD. A buddy left a pack of cigarettes in my car two weeks ago, my old brand, and I kept them sitting on the seat to give back to him the next week when I saw him. Didn't even occur to me to want to smoke one. I realized the day I was giving them back that I had zero interest in them.

Have today off and went a bit over the top. Picked up three of the Nautilus tanks that are getting great reviews, picked up an itaste 134 and picked up a Provari 2.5. Going to be blowing clouds. Currently use an MVP 2 and 5V stick batteries from V4L. Don't think the Provari puts out the power needed for rebuiding, but the itaste does.

I took a puff this morning and apparently some (a good amount) of juice was in the nozzle. Almost puked. 8 hours later and the taste is still lingering in my mouth. :X

I took a puff this morning and apparently some (a good amount) of juice was in the nozzle. Almost puked. 8 hours later and the taste is still lingering in my mouth. :X

Haha. Juicenozzle.

When was the last time you changed your coil?

• Like 1

When was the last time you changed your coil?

I use a mini tank. It's the size of a Blu cig but it's got a small tank on the top. Works great. I use the tanks for about a month than throw them away. This is a new tank. I think I may have overfilled it when I was topping off all of my tanks last night before bed. Sometimes I'll get a little taste of the juice. But this morning was like a shot of juice. I was actually afraid I was going to have a heart attack. :lol:

Ugh. Month 2 in Argentina (where ecigs are banned). I've gone through all my crap Blu cartos but I've saved them all. Now I'm resorting to puffing on the ones that taste the least like poison now. I saw some guy vaping on a ego-type at a soccer game the other day but don't know Spanish well enough to express what I'm looking for. I tried asking people at some electronic shops if they had any juice in my best broken Spanish. So you know I'm getting desperate. It was something like this:

"¡Hola! Tienes jugo de cigarette electronico?" They seemed to understand what I was saying. They said "no" but tried pointing me to other places that might. I went to those places. "¡Hola! Tienes jugo de ciggarette electronico?" I ask. "No" they said. "Es complicado". So I continue my daily search around Rosario after my Spanish class for any glimmer of hope. They have a ton of head shops (go figure) and I keep looking at their displays to see any kind of hint; any sign of vaping. So far nothing.

I am going back to Boston in early November though. So I'll stock up. Can't wait to take that first drag off my old system.

So, do I occassionally run the tank through the dishwasher or something? Its not gross yet, but its on the way.

Also, I somehow keep getting juice in the tip. How is that happening and how can I stop it?

So, do I occassionally run the tank through the dishwasher or something? Its not gross yet, but its on the way.

Also, I somehow keep getting juice in the tip. How is that happening and how can I stop it?

bump

I do run my tanks through the dishwasher occasionally. I'm not familiar with your tank, so don't know how to keep it clean.

So, I flew some horrible budget airline called Jetstar from Sydney to Cairns. I had flown from JFK to Sydney on Qantas with 0 problems, so I didn't feel any concern about taking my Provari out of my pocket with out a battery inside.

Stewardess came over and claimed that it was a dangerous good and that I could either throw it out or get off the plane. Hopefully it's at the lost and found, but I am expecting the worst. Don't fly Jetstar!

Month 3 in Argentina. At this point I believe I'm just simply inhaling the material inside the crap blue cartos now. Less than two weeks and I'll be in Norway where I'll be meeting a friend who vapes. I think I'll start crying when I see a bottle of "jugo de cigarette de electronica".

Although I almost, ALMOST, found it here. I strolled into a head shop and in a defeated way said "no tienes jugo de cigarette de electronica?" She looked at me and said YES!!!!! I couldn't believe it! So she opens up a "secret cabinet" and takes out an ego-style kit! Whoo-hoo! But while it was exciting to see that I had uncovered this treasure, I don't need that. I need the friggin' juice. And she didn't have any!!! So it was like laying out a syringe in front of a junkie without any heroine. Well, not quite that ba but you get the picture. She said she may have some Wednesday but I'm not betting on it. And it's only a week and a half before I know I can get some.

Then off to good ole USA!!!!!! Where Vapor Beast will deliver all my e-cig treats to my mothers door for me to take back with me. I'll probably have them taken from me at customs knowing my luck.

Vape for me guys!!! Have a vape for (pause........) me.

Month 3 in Argentina. At this point I believe I'm just simply inhaling the material inside the crap blue cartos now. Less than two weeks and I'll be in Norway where I'll be meeting a friend who vapes. I think I'll start crying when I see a bottle of "jugo de cigarette de electronica".

Although I almost, ALMOST, found it here. I strolled into a head shop and in a defeated way said "no tienes jugo de cigarette de electronica?" She looked at me and said YES!!!!! I couldn't believe it! So she opens up a "secret cabinet" and takes out an ego-style kit! Whoo-hoo! But while it was exciting to see that I had uncovered this treasure, I don't need that. I need the friggin' juice. And she didn't have any!!! So it was like laying out a syringe in front of a junkie without any heroine. Well, not quite that ba but you get the picture. She said she may have some Wednesday but I'm not betting on it. And it's only a week and a half before I know I can get some.

Then off to good ole USA!!!!!! Where Vapor Beast will deliver all my e-cig treats to my mothers door for me to take back with me. I'll probably have them taken from me at customs knowing my luck.

Can I just mail you some juice? I feel for you.

So, the single coil tank that came w/ my kit... it burns through coils in between 1 and 2 days. That can't be normal, right?

I ended up buying a double coil deal on Saturday and thats still working well headed into day 4. Hoping to get a lot longer out of it.

Can I just mail you some juice? I feel for you.

Thanks but probably by the time it got here I will already be in the states with my new batch. The mail here sucks.

So I ordered a new battery to replace one I destroyed, and it turned out to be a Twist. I'm used to basic, click and vape stuff. What the hell do I do with this variable voltage thing?

So I ordered a new battery to replace one I destroyed, and it turned out to be a Twist. I'm used to basic, click and vape stuff. What the hell do I do with this variable voltage thing?

Set it to the middle voltage and then forget about it imo

Isn't that higher than my EVOD batteries? What resistance should I be buying for my coils, then?

I have like 7 mini tanks that are all filled with a different flavor. I'll usually carry 3 around and switch them out over the course of a day. Today I started puffing on one and it tasted weird. Then I noticed my throat felt like it was coated in a nasty dry taste. Looking at the mini tank, the liquid looked like black sludge. Usually, this flavor is a dark brown. Clearly something is wrong with it.

None of my other tanks are like that. And this is one of my newer mini tanks, so I don't think it's just old and needing a replacement. The only thing I can think of is maybe I stored it next to the vent of my laptop which puts out a good amount of heat. Would heating up the liquid cause it to turn to sludge? It's very odd. Can't get the taste out of my mouth, either. Anyone ever experience something like this?

Isn't that higher than my EVOD batteries? What resistance should I be buying for my coils, then?

I have no idea.

I need a primer on this. Coils versus the Ego twist.

Maybe my first tank would work better with better coils? Ideally I want 2 working tanks.

I have like 7 mini tanks that are all filled with a different flavor. I'll usually carry 3 around and switch them out over the course of a day. Today I started puffing on one and it tasted weird. Then I noticed my throat felt like it was coated in a nasty dry taste. Looking at the mini tank, the liquid looked like black sludge. Usually, this flavor is a dark brown. Clearly something is wrong with it.

None of my other tanks are like that. And this is one of my newer mini tanks, so I don't think it's just old and needing a replacement. The only thing I can think of is maybe I stored it next to the vent of my laptop which puts out a good amount of heat. Would heating up the liquid cause it to turn to sludge? It's very odd. Can't get the taste out of my mouth, either. Anyone ever experience something like this?

If the heating element in the coil breaks, it gets into the juice and ruins it. Happened to me.

The heating element is similar to the inside of a standard lightbulb. When the coil stops working, or works less well, part of it probably broke off, and its probably floating in the juice.

If the heating element in the coil breaks, it gets into the juice and ruins it. Happened to me.

The heating element is similar to the inside of a standard lightbulb. When the coil stops working, or works less well, part of it probably broke off, and its probably floating in the juice.

The mini tanks use a thread like substance. Not sure if that's a coil. But it appears that both are intact. One other thing I noticed, I put a label on each mini tank with the flavor written on it. I do this since of the 7 flavors, many have the same color. I noticed that the writing on the label looks like it is running. Almost like it got wet. It's all blurry. None of the other labels are like this. I guess I'm going to have to be more careful about where I store the mini tanks when not in use.

I was hitting the cigars just way way too much. So I stopped that and got some refills for my Blu. Right on cue I'm thinking to myself why the **** did I actually smoke real tobacco at all? This is so much better.

But you still could not pay me to have a cigarette. Well, not literally, I can be bought. But you know what I mean.

I was hitting the cigars just way way too much. So I stopped that and got some refills for my Blu. Right on cue I'm thinking to myself why the **** did I actually smoke real tobacco at all? This is so much better.

But you still could not pay me to have a cigarette. Well, not literally, I can be bought. But you know what I mean.

I hope to never see another Blu as long as I live. I have no idea how people enjoy those. Perhaps they have different flavors I'm not aware of. But to me it seemed like I was vaping a spent carto right out of the box.

I don't understand these things.

When I was a kid, I tried smoking because my buddies and I thought it was cool. It tasted like crap, smelled like crap and felt like crap inhaling - but gave a slight buzz. Eventually some got addicted and kept doing it. Luckily I never got hooked.

So, I see people now smoking these E-cigs and wonder - what's the hook? Does it give a buzz? Do you think it's cool looking? Is it literally just a replacement for cigs and it doesn't kill your lungs as much? I figured the E-cigs would be the means to an end of quitting smoking, but it seems like people are now getting hooked on these instead.

I think they are the goofiest looking things ever - standing there sucking on a little electronic tube - but maybe it's because I'm not addicted to them? Do they taste good or something? I thought it was just the "I'm cool looking" factor when I saw all the kids doing it, but now I'm seeing more people my age on them as well.

If it's saving them from lung cancer, then good for them. But is there something more to it?

No sarcasm here - I'm just curious.

Edited by Hoss Style

When I was a kid, I tried smoking because my buddies and I thought it was cool. It tasted like crap, smelled like crap and felt like crap inhaling - but gave a slight buzz. Eventually some got addicted and kept doing it. Luckily I never got hooked.

So, I see people now smoking these E-cigs and wonder - what's the hook? Does it give a buzz? Do you think it's cool looking? Is it literally just a replacement for cigs and it doesn't kill your lungs as much? I figured the E-cigs would be the means to an end of quitting smoking, but it seems like people are now getting hooked on these instead.

I think they are the goofiest looking things ever - standing there sucking on a little electronic tube - but maybe it's because I'm not addicted to them? Do they taste good or something? I thought it was just the "I'm cool looking" factor when I saw all the kids doing it, but now I'm seeing more people my age on them as well.

If it's saving them from lung cancer, then good for them. But is there something more to it?

I can't speak for the younger generation but "looking cool" never entered the equation for me. It was to get off of real cigs and it did just that. And yes, they taste great. Great invention.

I can't speak for the younger generation but "looking cool" never entered the equation for me. It was to get off of real cigs and it did just that. And yes, they taste great. Great invention.

Good to know. I have to assume that steam (it is steam?) is better for your lungs than smoke. I'm in favor of them - they don't smell like cigs so if you are a non smoker you aren't bothered. I can't imagine they are good for you, but if they aren't too bad maybe I'd look into them if they have relaxing flavors. I've been known to smoke a cigar or two, and those are horrible - but it's just kind of a habit when sitting on the porch with a beer. It's the habit that relaxes, though, not so much the cigar itself.

I'm thinking about how they have scents that relax - do they have the same for these vapor things? Weed is legal here - I could go pick up that to relax, but I'm not a fan of inhaling any kind of smoke. Are E-cigs healthy enough to use in this way? Or should I just avoid them altogether since I'm not transitioning from cigarettes?

I hope to never see another Blu as long as I live. I have no idea how people enjoy those. Perhaps they have different flavors I'm not aware of. But to me it seemed like I was vaping a spent carto right out of the box.

I could never fully leave real cigarettes behind with the Blus. Just not good enough.

With the Ego & juice... holy hell, haven't smoked a real cig since my first puff. Different world.

Good to know. I have to assume that steam (it is steam?) is better for your lungs than smoke. I'm in favor of them - they don't smell like cigs so if you are a non smoker you aren't bothered. I can't imagine they are good for you, but if they aren't too bad maybe I'd look into them if they have relaxing flavors. I've been known to smoke a cigar or two, and those are horrible - but it's just kind of a habit when sitting on the porch with a beer. It's the habit that relaxes, though, not so much the cigar itself.

I'm thinking about how they have scents that relax - do they have the same for these vapor things? Weed is legal here - I could go pick up that to relax, but I'm not a fan of inhaling any kind of smoke. Are E-cigs healthy enough to use in this way? Or should I just avoid them altogether since I'm not transitioning from cigarettes?

They make some with no nicotine. Check those out if you want. I would avoid a nicotine addiction if possible. No sense in acquiring one.

Pretty sure they have THC juice in Colorado... I've heard that. This method of toking would be healthier than smoking a blunt/bowl/bong imo.

• Like 1

I'm using it to quit smoking. Smoked off and on (mostly on) for about 22 years. I now use these. And I can tell you I definitely don't feel cool using them. I feel dorky. But they are amazing. I get a little bit of nicotine without the taste of cigarettes or the noxious smell of smoke. The puffing allows me to still feel like I'm smoking, which is the biggest draw for me. I've gone from a pack a day smoker to just taking a couple of puffs of my e cig over the course of a day. Plus, I can do it inside.

They say anything you inhale in to your lungs other than oxygen is going to be bad for you. But these are exponentially not as bad as cigarette smoke. I don't plan on doing them forever, but my plan is to ween myself off slowly.

They work great for the places that I get the biggest urges, too, like golfing and drinking. I might always keep one around just for those two occasions.