What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (1 Viewer)

I've seen a few people using e-cigs here in Rosario, Argentina but I've never gone up to them an asked where they got their supplies. I found a Facebook page which seems to be some sort of e-cig supplier here but I haven't needed it yet. I'm getting close though.

I went back to a head-shop I visited about a year ago because it looked like they had an e-cig battery in the window display. Turned out it was a vaporizer for weed, but she directed a certain store has e-juice.

I went to that store, and indeed, I saw e-juice (very limited selection. About 4 types) and batteries in their window display. They were closed though and I didn't really need it but I logged it on my phone. The other day I went back to a place where they had just one battery for sale and they had e-juice in their display. The same 4 types.

At least it's something and I won't simply just run out which is great. I'm not sure why they are displaying these items now because they are still banned but I'm not complaining.

Just an FYI- I've been tapering down for the past few weeks, and I have been on 1mg. I was offered a job the other day, and took the piss test. Came back positive for nic, and the job offer was rescinded. 

I have a couple of questions in regard to this- 1. Anyone know how long it takes nicotine to clear your system? And 2. When a juice is, say 10mg, what does that mean? 10mg/ml?

FTR, I'm on 0mg now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an FYI- I've been tapering down for the past few weeks, and I have been on 1mg. I was offered a job the other day, and took the piss test. Came back positive for nic, and the job offer was rescinded. 

I have a couple of questions in regard to this- 1. Anyone know how long it takes nicotine to clear your system? And 2. When a juice is, say 10mg, what does that mean? 10mg/ml?

FTR, I'm on 0mg now...
Holy #### - you got negged for nic??  I had no idea people wouldn't get hired for nicotine use.  

That is ####ed up.

I need a new tank.  The Evod2 dual coils coming out now in the black box suck, so I figure it's a good time to switch tanks. I need something indestructible (not a glass tank) and with long lasting coils.  Any suggestions?

Holy #### - you got negged for nic??  I had no idea people wouldn't get hired for nicotine use.  

That is ####ed up.
I think most of the local healthcare facilities are now completely nicotine free for new hires. They don't care what the source is, cigs, e-cigs, patch, whatever. If it's in your system, you're out, and, at least at this place, cannot retest for 90 days.

I've jumping into this recently... I've not been a heavy smoker for years.  Used to smoke 1 1/2 pack a day back in the late 90's early 2000's.. Quit for years, then started smoking occasionally when drinking or haning out with friends that smoked.  For the last 5 years or so I average probably 2-3 cigarettes per day. (I know, why bother at all, right?) Like to fire one up on my ride to work and on the way home.  Picked up a basic ecig... Kangertech Evod.  While I do like vaping, smoking a damn cigarette is just way better.  Especially when throwing back a few drinks.  I think I have about 4 left in a pack I have somewhere.  Once I smoke those, I want to stick with just the ecig.  

At 12ml in the juice now.  The next jump down is 6ml.  Using a smaller ecig such as the Evod, I think you need the higher ml to compensate for the lack of vapor you are getting?  I mean, if I had one of the big boys that looks like a pack of cigarettes and makes me look like a dragon when I'm using it, you don't want the higher content juice?  Or am I just getting this all wrong.

I quit vaping a few months back when I got bronchitis but what you are saying sounds correct.  When using a sub zero tank/ mod you want low nicotine. 

Lots of things are happening in Argentina regarding vaping. Now, it's not unusual to see someone vaping on the sidewalk. I found an "underground" supplier who sells great juice and supplies a few months ago. They have a facebook page and it's kind of like buying weed back in the day but it works. We communicate through WhatsApp. They'll send a guy on a moped to your house for a small fee. I did that last week.

I'll be leaving Argentina for good and heading to Puerto Rico in a couple of weeks but it's been kind of fun hunting down what I need here. I don't think I'll miss it though.

Thanks to my brother, I'm shifting to a pod-based system (not a Juul, but a refillable pod-based similar product, the Smok Infinix).  I'm really enjoying the feel, the ease, the fact that it doesn't weigh almost anything and fits in my top pocket without falling out. Only problem: flavors.  I had the perfect flavor, it was super awesome, and it was made by a shop on my way home from work.  They don't make nicotine salt juices, which are necessary for these systems apparently.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good nicotine salt tobacco flavor that doesn't have caramel flavoring in it?  They all seem to, I assume to cover up the flavor of nic salt.

Thanks to my brother, I'm shifting to a pod-based system (not a Juul, but a refillable pod-based similar product, the Smok Infinix).  I'm really enjoying the feel, the ease, the fact that it doesn't weigh almost anything and fits in my top pocket without falling out. Only problem: flavors.  I had the perfect flavor, it was super awesome, and it was made by a shop on my way home from work.  They don't make nicotine salt juices, which are necessary for these systems apparently.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good nicotine salt tobacco flavor that doesn't have caramel flavoring in it?  They all seem to, I assume to cover up the flavor of nic salt.
I'm a pack a day guy(helps me from killing someone) but am going to the vape.  Have heard you can not take on plane or pack in your luggage.  Is this true?

Oh, and @irishidiotI also want to murder people if I don't get my nicotine.  Smoked between a pack and two per day for decades. Because of this thread, I haven't had a cigarette since about four days before this post:

I feel completely in over my head with all the battery/tank/juice talk.

I started buying the disposables, as recommended above, and it's definitely working for me - I've been buying Blu. I assume that the Blue "starter kits" are a complete ripoff and ultimately a terrible idea long term, but really need to do something simple like that where all I have to do is charge the thing and slip something onto the end when it runs out. If it's harder than lighting a cigarette, I'm sure I'll go back to smoking cigarettes instead. Are there any inexpensive kits that work like that from the places all you hep cats are using? I mean, something where all I have to do is charge it and slip on a new whatever-the-hell-makes-it-vaporize that's filled with liquid and go? Or am I just the target market for the overpriced crap like Blu?
Funny that I've come full circle and now have a small, easy, "slip in a pod" device again.

I'm ready to start the no nicotine journey. Tried a couple times to go to 0% juice and couldn't do it. Planning to combine 0% and Nic gum. Then start to taper on the 0% until the gum is enough. I can't imagine that Nic gum is doing any harm that vaping isn't. Anyone think that Nic gum is worse than vaping?

I'm ready to start the no nicotine journey. Tried a couple times to go to 0% juice and couldn't do it. Planning to combine 0% and Nic gum. Then start to taper on the 0% until the gum is enough. I can't imagine that Nic gum is doing any harm that vaping isn't. Anyone think that Nic gum is worse than vaping?
Not overall, but if you start getting stuff like sores in your mouth or bloody gums then you may have to go another route. 

Buy a small bottle of VG (Vegetable Glycerin) and mix equal parts with your 3mg juice and end up with 1.5mg.

Use that awhile and taper as you see fit. If you have vaped awhile it would seem easier than trying to give up both the vaping and the gum.

Buy a small bottle of VG (Vegetable Glycerin) and mix equal parts with your 3mg juice and end up with 1.5mg.

Use that awhile and taper as you see fit. If you have vaped awhile it would seem easier than trying to give up both the vaping and the gum.
I've vaped for roughly 6 years now. Problem is I vape constantly. I'm concerned that if I just cut the nic in my juice I'll just be vaping more. What I really need is a job that doesn't let me vape at my desk.

Just switched on Monday.

Seems there is a lot of push by the FDA and such to crush these things into oblivion. My says that this is all because Big Tobacco doesn't want to lose market share.

My thought is that they have to be safer than regular smokes. Like a 1000 times safer. Or am I missing something here?
Wow, coming up on 9 years since I switched. Haven't had a real cigarette the whole time.

Vaping has been in the news a lot recently, with a slew of people getting sick. A few places actually went into the facts and it looks like counterfeit THC vapes are the common link behind all of the illness, but that hasn't stopped  the majority of media from going all, "Oh my gawd, Juul is killing everyone!" Ugh.

Vaping started out almost 2 decades ago. Plenty of people have been doing it for a long time... so this "we don't know the long term effects" argument is losing steam imo. I've been doing it long term, and I'm still WAY healthier than I was when I smoked. Am I as healthy as I would be if I had quit cold turkey? Probably not. But the difference between smoking and vaping is clearly FAR FAR greater than the difference between vaping and nothing. It has been a way to feed my nicotine addiction without relapsing into smoking, something that nicorette, chantix, and everything else I've tried never managed to pull off. It is most definitely a very viable harm reduction strategy for smokers, and it blows my damn mind people are still going out of their way to trash it instead of promoting it to current smokers.

I saw a lot about this topic in the politics thread but curious about the thoughts from this crowd. Have to admit, having vaped for 8 years I'm sort of perplexed by the recent health issues among teenagers. Is the issue rogue manufacturers in the industry?

On the outlaw topic, I saw one post that suggested products are "being geared toward children" which I don't agree with. I understand there have historically been efforts to make candy nic to lure "replacement smokers" and that stigma will stick for a long time. On the other hand, I'm an adult and should not forced to vape something that tastes like burning leaves... I assume most adult vapers feel the same. The analogies are many IMHO if the solution to all woes involving the under-aged is to limit the market to things that would not appeal to minors. Do we ban any liquor that doesn't taste like gin in order to diminish underage drinking? (apologies to the gin lovers). JMHO, this is an issue where adults shaped the market, rather than being a ploy where demand did not already exist among adults. Stricter sales rules and penalties to deter illegal underage use should be the solution, and not banning of choice to adults.    

So I tried vaping 2 weeks ago. I figured its bad, but not as bad as smoking.  It certainly is cleaner and leaves less trashy residue and does not impart the objectionable smell of smoke.  I don't particularly care if it is not flavored or scented at all.  I don't care if it is fruit scented.  I would care if it had to taste and smell of tobacco smoke.  Seems to me one of the big benefits is that it does not.

I heard the average age of people recently having problems from vaping is 19 years old. These people obviously haven't been vaping for very long, so it has to be bad product they're getting. I've been vaping for 8 years and have had zero problems. I vape both nic juice and THC carts, and I get both from reputable sellers.

Banning flavored juice isn't gonna stop the problem, it's not the regular juice thats sold at vape shops that's causing these issues. Why can't they figure that out?

So you're telling me that all of a sudden, after zero cases of illness from vaping, that hundreds of people are suddenly dying or getting sick out of nowhere, and most are young people who haven't been vaping for long at all, that all e-cigs and flavored juice are now dangerous AF? Not buying it. There's a common denominator in these cases they're missing.

I'm so glad I just quit smoking instead of going down this rabbit hole.  The idea of heating up a liquid, inhaling it and knowing some of that liquid would remain behind in your lungs is kind of obvious to me.  And we aren't 100% sure what that liquid is made of; it's crap that's made in China most of the time. 

I've got many vices, glad nicotine is no longer one of them.  I think the bans will help too; there are kids using these things in Middle Schools now.

I heard the average age of people recently having problems from vaping is 19 years old. These people obviously haven't been vaping for very long, so it has to be bad product they're getting. I've been vaping for 8 years and have had zero problems. I vape both nic juice and THC carts, and I get both from reputable sellers.

Banning flavored juice isn't gonna stop the problem, it's not the regular juice thats sold at vape shops that's causing these issues. Why can't they figure that out?

So you're telling me that all of a sudden, after zero cases of illness from vaping, that hundreds of people are suddenly dying or getting sick out of nowhere, and most are young people who haven't been vaping for long at all, that all e-cigs and flavored juice are now dangerous AF? Not buying it. There's a common denominator in these cases they're missing.
Good post.

And are they "missing" it, or simply dismissing it?  

I'm not even in the loop very much on the topic but it sure sounds like these kids are getting the carts that are being filled and sold on the streets.

The other thing that came to my mind about some of these cases with young teenagers involved is could it be that their lungs are still developing causing the issues?

I still think this all boils down to the "home brewed" carts that are probably easier for kids to obtain than trying in the stores.

I look at this the same way I look at how they ban guns.  Something happened and the news reported on it for a week?  We better take drastic measures in banning something that actually isn't part of the problem and won't stop the issues.

To group nicotine ejuice in with THC carts is ludicrous. 

This is nothing more than Big tobacco creating panic in order to drive the small guy out of business so they can dominate the vape market. The clueless media are being paWned into feeding the frenzy.

Vaping has gotten tens of thousands of people off cigarettes and lost revenue is the real issue.

I don't vape and I've never smoked, so this doesn't affect me personally at all.  But it seems outright evil to ban a product that has helped smokers get away from cigarettes.  In fact, I have a hard time conceiving of a more counter-productive policy.  This is the sort of thing you would do if you deliberately wanted to cause public harm.

On the news today, there was a segment on two local young people who have been put on life support due to vaping. Their common denominator is they both used Dank Vapes. Neither bought them from the company, which makes investigators think it is possible the vapes are counterfeit.

I'm so glad I just quit smoking instead of going down this rabbit hole.  The idea of heating up a liquid, inhaling it and knowing some of that liquid would remain behind in your lungs is kind of obvious to me.  And we aren't 100% sure what that liquid is made of; it's crap that's made in China most of the time. 

I've got many vices, glad nicotine is no longer one of them.  I think the bans will help too; there are kids using these things in Middle Schools now.
10 years ago they were "using" regular cigarettes.

IvanKaramazov said:
I don't vape and I've never smoked, so this doesn't affect me personally at all.  But it seems outright evil to ban a product that has helped smokers get away from cigarettes.  In fact, I have a hard time conceiving of a more counter-productive policy.  This is the sort of thing you would do if you deliberately wanted to cause public harm.
This is truly a tough thing because the reports I had read stated that while it has helped an incredible amount of former smokers quit, it's having the opposite effect for young kids.  Kids who start vaping tend to then eventually go on to start smoking.  

I use it.  I smoked forever and was able to quit by going to vaping then eventually stopping altogether.  A year ago, I started working at a job where everyone smoked and I found myself craving again, so I started vaping again.  I'll eventually quit again, but for a smoking cessation product, it's amazing.

I'm a believer that anything other than oxygen going into your lungs is a bad thing.  But I also believe vape is a lot safer than smoke.  I mean, I get both sides.  Like most things, it's a tough argument and I don't think it's black and white.

I saw a lot about this topic in the politics thread but curious about the thoughts from this crowd. Have to admit, having vaped for 8 years I'm sort of perplexed by the recent health issues among teenagers. Is the issue rogue manufacturers in the industry?

On the outlaw topic, I saw one post that suggested products are "being geared toward children" which I don't agree with. I understand there have historically been efforts to make candy nic to lure "replacement smokers" and that stigma will stick for a long time. On the other hand, I'm an adult and should not forced to vape something that tastes like burning leaves... I assume most adult vapers feel the same. The analogies are many IMHO if the solution to all woes involving the under-aged is to limit the market to things that would not appeal to minors. Do we ban any liquor that doesn't taste like gin in order to diminish underage drinking? (apologies to the gin lovers). JMHO, this is an issue where adults shaped the market, rather than being a ploy where demand did not already exist among adults. Stricter sales rules and penalties to deter illegal underage use should be the solution, and not banning of choice to adults.    
I think the serious health issues cropping up are most likely exclusively due to people buying unregulated cannabis vapes. Maybe not, but like you, I've been doing this a LONG time and my health has done nothing but improve the farther and farther I get away from my last analog cig.

So what is it about the flavors that make them dangerous?
Nothing (excluding anything with the chemical for popcorn flavor, but that isn't tied in the current frenzy).

Flavors are just being targeted by the "think of the children!" hysteria of the moment.

On the news today, there was a segment on two local young people who have been put on life support due to vaping. Their common denominator is they both used Dank Vapes. Neither bought them from the company, which makes investigators think it is possible the vapes are counterfeit.
I'm sure this will all suddenly come to light as the true cause of this AFTER legislation or executive order does something to severally damage the legal nicotine vape market. And then it won't be undone.

I don't understand why this is wholesale overlooked by the media.

Regardless, it is not for kids, and I support anything that keeps it out of their hands. Banning flavors doesn't seem remotely targeted to kids as adults also like things that taste better than things that don't. Heck, even monkeys make that distinction.

I don't understand why this is wholesale overlooked by the media.

Regardless, it is not for kids, and I support anything that keeps it out of their hands. Banning flavors doesn't seem remotely targeted to kids as adults also like things that taste better than things that don't. Heck, even monkeys make that distinction.

This is truly a tough thing because the reports I had read stated that while it has helped an incredible amount of former smokers quit, it's having the opposite effect for young kids.  Kids who start vaping tend to then eventually go on to start smoking.  

I use it.  I smoked forever and was able to quit by going to vaping then eventually stopping altogether.  A year ago, I started working at a job where everyone smoked and I found myself craving again, so I started vaping again.  I'll eventually quit again, but for a smoking cessation product, it's amazing.

I'm a believer that anything other than oxygen going into your lungs is a bad thing.  But I also believe vape is a lot safer than smoke.  I mean, I get both sides.  Like most things, it's a tough argument and I don't think it's black and white.
Sheik- here's a pretty solid case for the vaping thing not being safe at all.

"Now, many teens think that these devices produce water vapor, and therefore, they are safe to use. But this could not be further from the truth. What is produced is not even a vapor, it's an aerosol, and let me tell you, the difference is quite pronounced. Aerosols contain many finely suspended particles of liquids and gases that are created from whatever is in the e-liquid. So an aerosol could contain propylene glycol and glycerin, which are solvents in the e-liquid. Now, these solvents are known to be safe for edible use, so for use in products that you eat, but we know very little about their safety following long-term inhalational exposure. The e-liquids can also contain alcohol, sometimes in high levels, and inhaling alcohol is known to have toxic effects on the brain. "

Sheik- here's a pretty solid case for the vaping thing not being safe at all.
Maybe splitting hairs, but saying "we know little about the safety" is quite different from "are not safe at all." There have been actual studies conducted, although I don't have links off hand. I don't know about the alcohol commentary, or even whether that is an ingredient in few/some/most products on the market.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

While I like the Vaping alternative to Cigarettes, we need to make sure this alternative is SAFE for ALL! Let’s get counterfeits off the market, and keep young children from Vaping!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

While I like the Vaping alternative to Cigarettes, we need to make sure this alternative is SAFE for ALL! Let’s get counterfeits off the market, and keep young children from Vaping!
wow.  a rare moment of him thinking logically.  

On another note, how much money has Marboro/Camel/etc spent on the media campaign to trash vaping? 

Users who are viewing this thread