Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
(HULK)

Electronic Cigarettes

3 hours ago, Foosball God said:

They didn't do themselves any favors with flavors like Sour Patch Kids.  If they had stuck to more generic flavors then I think there would less of a ground swell.

I'm in my 40s and loved flavors like that though

I think the key to keeping it away from kids would be to STOP selling it to them, and to treat those who do sell it to minors as harshly as we treat sellers of other illegal substances.

9 minutes ago, (HULK) said:

I'm in my 40s and loved flavors like that though

I think the key to keeping it away from kids would be to STOP selling it to them, and to treat those who do sell it to minors as harshly as we treat sellers of other illegal substances.

One problem with it is that you can buy this stuff on Amazon.  My daughter was telling me that kids get Amazon gift cards and buy it all from there.  They have it sent to someone's house who's parents work past mail delivery.  So even if you're 13 or 14 years old, you have no issue buying this stuff.  At least with cigarettes, you had to go through a carding process.  Sure it could be circumvented, but at least there was some kind of barrier from allowing people to buy it.  

And while I loved those flavors at first, too, I also saw it as a slippery slope.  

5 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Jesus.  Get a room, you two.

Got one. We’re posting while next to each other.

3 hours ago, (HULK) said:

I'm pretty sure I've been on the opposite side of an argument w/ Mr. Ford before (Robert Kraft "sex trafficking" thread). I didn't love it. Even though I was super correct and on point. My heart goes out to you @Terminalxylem. Although, please note that in both instances #hulkwasright

You want to keep chatting about that argument? I was under the impression we were dropping it. 

5 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Got one. We’re posting while next to each other.

Finally.  Now describe what you're doing to each other.  But slowly.  

19 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Finally.  Now describe what you're doing to each other.  But slowly.  

Well, I broke my right wrist last night about five minutes after my last post if that tells you anything.

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

11 hours ago, Terminalxylem said:

Are you trying to quit vaping? 

I'm trying to quit using a huge heavy battery.  

I smoked for decades.  Started at a very young age.  I am old now.  I can't function properly without the nicotine and without the breathing exercise/hand to mouth bit and I don't see that changing.  I'm at peace with that.

3 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

You want to keep chatting about that argument? I was under the impression we were dropping it. 

Not really. I was just trying to lighten the atmosphere.

6 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

I'm trying to quit using a huge heavy battery.  

I smoked for decades.  Started at a very young age.  I am old now.  I can't function properly without the nicotine and without the breathing exercise/hand to mouth bit and I don't see that changing.  I'm at peace with that.

Well hopefully you dodged the bullet regarding health consequences of smoking. But you’re never too old to quit nicotine.

19 hours ago, Terminalxylem said:

I apologize for coming across as hostile, as I sincerely value your opinion. Hopefully you can understand a few arguments may occur when one poster takes an opposing viewpoint from the majority of participants in a thread.

ETA I use exercise to calm down, and I’m quite calm after my evening run.

WTF?

I could write an Alfred Lord Tennyson poem after my time in the gun thread.

2 hours ago, Terminalxylem said:

Well hopefully you dodged the bullet regarding health consequences of smoking. But you’re never too old to quit nicotine.

I did for the most part. And I’m not too old to quit, I’m to old to quit and not become the world’s oldest serial killer. It keeps me marginally sane. 

Just got the below email from JUUL. This really pisses me off. 

I guess I was expecting this with the recent flavor ban but I was holding out hope that my Auto-Ship sub was not going to be subject to the NY State ban.

I've been a mango man for almost two years now and really don't want to go back to anything tobacco flavored, disgusting. I used to be a pack-a-day smoker for way too long and haven't smoked a single cigarette ever since I made the transition. I know I haven't kicked the addiction but I feel so much better now that I have gotten rid of the smoking. This is a step in the wrong direction for those of us who quit. 

New York: A change to your Auto-Ship Subscription.

We sincerely thank you for being a loyal JUUL Auto-Ship customer.

Beginning 10/4/2019, JUUL will no longer offer certain JUULpods flavors in New York due to recent state regulations. Please edit your Auto-Ship subscription to reflect our updated flavor offering (this should only take a minute of your time). We offer the following flavors in the state of New York: Virginia Tobacco, Classic Tobacco, and Menthol. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

3 hours ago, Waingro said:

I guess I was expecting this with the recent flavor ban but I was holding out hope that my Auto-Ship sub was not going to be subject to the NY State ban.

I've been a mango man for almost two years now and really don't want to go back to anything tobacco flavored, disgusting. I used to be a pack-a-day smoker for way too long and haven't smoked a single cigarette ever since I made the transition. I know I haven't kicked the addiction but I feel so much better now that I have gotten rid of the smoking. This is a step in the wrong direction for those of us who quit.

Back in my early vaping days (2013), there were a lot of folks making their own. VG/PG are easy to find and liquid nicotine is readily available. The only missing component is the flavoring and I'd expect to see the flavoring start to be sold separately.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gawain said:

Back in my early vaping days (2013), there were a lot of folks making their own. VG/PG are easy to find and liquid nicotine is readily available. The only missing component is the flavoring and I'd expect to see the flavoring start to be sold separately.

Appreciate the suggestion but don't think I am can put forth the effort. JUUL got me hooked with its simplicity - the disposable pods and the quick n easy charging. Going to sample the available flavors and hope the ban hammer doesn't get too out of hand.   

Surprise, surprise...
Black Market only, nice headline

A cannabis testing facility in California analyzed a sampling of 18 cartridges containing THC — the active ingredient in marijuana — from both legal dispensaries and unlicensed dealers, NBC News reports.

No heavy metals, pesticides or solvents such as vitamin E were found in the legal products. But all 10 of the black market cartridges tested positive for pesticides and myclobutanil, a fungicide that can transform into hydrogen cyanide when burned, the analysis found.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:37 AM, Waingro said:

I recommend looking into a Smok Infinix. Very similar apparatus to the JUUL but refillable by design.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2019 at 7:16 AM, TheIronSheik said:

Jesus.  Get a room, you two.

If he smokes, he pokes.

21 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

I recommend looking into a Smok Infinix. Very similar apparatus to the JUUL but refillable by design.  

Looks interesting especially if paired up with the idea that Gawain mentioned upthread.  Thanks, I'll look into it.

I have a few friends that have been long time tobacco smokers.  I am going to buy them stuff to start vaping.  Is Juul good or is there a better option out there?  Simplicity is a plus.

44 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

I have a few friends that have been long time tobacco smokers.  I am going to buy them stuff to start vaping.  Is Juul good or is there a better option out there?  Simplicity is a plus.

I have only tried Juul once and was so long ago I don't remember. My only suggestion is what is available over the counter at a gas station may not leave the best impression with those you are trying to help. Getting over the hump of "this replicates my experience" is the most important part of transitioning. I got there with a Vapor4Life starter kit years ago. Not sure how V4L rates in the current market, but I still buy from them (graduated to better equipment... Zeus battery).  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigJim® said:

I have only tried Juul once and was so long ago I don't remember. My only suggestion is what is available over the counter at a gas station may not leave the best impression with those you are trying to help. Getting over the hump of "this replicates my experience" is the most important part of transitioning. I got there with a Vapor4Life starter kit years ago. Not sure how V4L rates in the current market, but I still buy from them (graduated to better equipment... Zeus battery).  

That looks like a good option.  Do you buy your e-juice from them, too?  Which kind?

29 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

That looks like a good option.  Do you buy your e-juice from them, too?  Which kind?

I do now, but did not at first. Honestly, if I had to buy bottles at first instead of getting pre-made supplies, it probably would have been too much effort for me. I initially purchased prefilled cartomizers, bananas foster, coffee or chocolate banana were the ones that made me super willing to convert. After I got over that hump and considered it somewhat a hobby, I upped the equipment and worked a bit more on my own getting bottles because it is cheaper.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, BigJim® said:

I do now, but did not at first. Honestly, if I had to buy bottles at first instead of getting pre-made supplies, it probably would have been too much effort for me. I initially purchased prefilled cartomizers, bananas foster, coffee or chocolate banana were the ones that made me super willing to convert. After I got over that hump and considered it somewhat a hobby, I upped the equipment and worked a bit more on my own getting bottles because it is cheaper.

Having cartridges instead of refilling liquid is a definite plus for the guys I'm buying for.  Do you buy straight from the company because I can't find it on Amazon?  Is this the unit you bought to go with the prefilled cartomizers:  https://www.vapor4life.com/vapor-titan-standard-e-cig-kit/?

Edited by Don Hutson

I thought Juul's sucked. If you're looking for a gas station variety, I like Njoy. The battery is only a couple of dollars, and the pods are like $10 for a 2 pack. I didn't smoke menthols, but I do prefer the menthol Njoy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

Having cartridges instead of refilling liquid is a definite plus for the guys I'm buying for.  Do you buy straight from the company because I can't find it on Amazon?  Is this the unit you bought to go with the prefilled cartomizers:  https://www.vapor4life.com/vapor-titan-standard-e-cig-kit/?

Yeah, I order from the site. I get emails every couple days with 20-30% off coupon codes, so just send me an IM if you ever decide to go that route (or sign up for their email and you can get them directly, cancelling whenever you want). I used the standard Vapor King batteries for the first year with 1.8 nic prefilled cartomizers. Eventually I began using the tank and dual coil, because tanks hold overflow juice - so less topping off of normal cartomizers. I switched to Vapor Titan batteries because they were the only pen style battery with enough power for the dual coil tanks, and it looks like that is their base battery now. Personally, I liked the size of that titan battery as a replica of the cigarette size... it could help someone transition. However, I've moved exclusively to short Zeus batteries at this point because they are more reliable and hold a solid charge longer. Anyone you get to convert will probably make that move on their own, or even move on to other styles... I think a titan battery, charger and a variety of prefilled carts is a great introduction for most. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

Do you buy your e-juice from them, too?  Which kind?

BTW- I only use Red Energy now (red bull flavor). Red energy gives me the solid throat hit I require from ecig that seems somewhat hit/miss in other flavors. My epiphany was trying a strong throat hit prefilled cart (either bananas foster or chocolate banana, can't recall) as I sort of faked my way through a transition expecting to fail. When my wife took off on an errand of some sort I lit up the last camel light I'd been saving for that sort of opportunity... and I could not even feel the inhale because the cartomizers I'd been using were stronger. I put it out half finished, stinking like a GD ash tray, and never saw a need to do that again. It did nothing for me. 

Edited by BigJim®
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BigJim® said:

BTW- I only use Red Energy now (red bull flavor). Red energy gives me the solid throat hit I require from ecig that seems somewhat hit/miss in other flavors. My epiphany was trying a strong throat hit prefilled cart (either bananas foster or chocolate banana, can't recall) as I sort of faked my way through a transition expecting to fail. When my wife took off on an errand of some sort I lit up the last camel light I'd been saving for that sort of opportunity... and I could not even feel the inhale because the cartomizers I'd been using were stronger. I put it out half finished, stinking like a GD ash tray, and never saw a need to do that again. It did nothing for me. 

The prefilled cartridges only seem to have tobacco and menthol flavors.  I think the new federal law only allows self-filled liquids to be other flavors.  Could you make a recommendation from this page of prefilled cartridges (my friends are non-menthol, pack-a-day smokers of 30 years, if that matters):  https://www.vapor4life.com/cartridges

And thanks for all of your help!  You saved me a couple of hours of research time!

17 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

The prefilled cartridges only seem to have tobacco and menthol flavors.  I think the new federal law only allows self-filled liquids to be other flavors.  Could you make a recommendation from this page of prefilled cartridges (my friends are non-menthol, pack-a-day smokers of 30 years, if that matters):  https://www.vapor4life.com/cartridges

And thanks for all of your help!  You saved me a couple of hours of research time!

Boy, that stinks. I never found a tobacco flavor I liked. It's the one good thing about vaping, that you are not a slave to stuff that tastes horrible. Some one else will have to advise there. It changes my take on juice because flavor is one of the big upsides to the transition, JMHO. I think I'd get a 1.8% bottle of red energy, youtube "condom method" to easily prep a blank for use, and chalk it up to a <> $10 waste if it doesn't work out. Cafe mocha is another good V4L flavor if you're dealing with coffee drinkers. My brother swears by waffle flavor.