Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
(HULK)

Electronic Cigarettes

11 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

You're telling me.  Apparently now saying "I think you may have an incomplete view of" something is an insult.

Well, it's inane at the minimum, as apparently it's impossible to for a drug to be "safe", in your opinion. 

But you're usually quite reasonable and congenial, so I'll write this off to untoward side effects of your nicotine consumption.

7 minutes ago, Terminalxylem said:

Well, it's inane at the minimum, as apparently it's impossible to for a drug to be "safe", in your opinion. 

But you're usually quite reasonable and congenial, so I'll write this off to untoward side effects of your nicotine consumption.

Thanks.  You’ve been quite hostile and argumentative, but I assume it’s because you don’t calm down with a bit of controlled breathing that also introduces an acetylcholine receptor agonist into your body. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

Thanks.  You’ve been quite hostile and argumentative, but I assume it’s because you don’t calm down with a bit of controlled breathing that also introduces an acetylcholine receptor agonist into your body. 

I apologize for coming across as hostile, as I sincerely value your opinion. Hopefully you can understand a few arguments may occur when one poster takes an opposing viewpoint from the majority of participants in a thread.

ETA I use exercise to calm down, and I’m quite calm after my evening run.

Edited by Terminalxylem

25 minutes ago, Terminalxylem said:

I apologize for coming across as hostile, as I sincerely value your opinion. Hopefully you can understand a few arguments may occur when one poster takes an opposing viewpoint from the majority of participants in a thread.

Well I certainly apologize for having insulted you. It really wasn’t my intention.  Your position seemed stronger than the data, and I wasn’t certain what you’d read and what you hadn’t, not that I didn’t think you could understand the literature. I don’t disagree with the general belief that we don’t know the long term health effects of vaping.  

I do wonder what “pump the brakes” means as far as policy goes, but it’s not like I’d recommend we put vape juice in baby formula. 

7 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Well I certainly apologize for having insulted you. It really wasn’t my intention.  Your position seemed stronger than the data, and I wasn’t certain what you’d read and what you hadn’t, not that I didn’t think you could understand the literature. I don’t disagree with the general belief that we don’t know the long term health effects of vaping.  

I do wonder what “pump the brakes” means as far as policy goes, but it’s not like I’d recommend we put vape juice in baby formula. 

It’s a tough to know how much regulation and safety data is necessary, but I’d err on the side of caution, as the technology and ingredients are still relatively new. The flavoring is particularly problematic, as it likely contributes both to smoking cessation in adults and the appeal of vaping in adolescents. The Academy of Sciences article I linked discusses most of the salient issues in great detail, but I’ve only skimmed it at this point.

6 minutes ago, Terminalxylem said:

It’s a tough to know how much regulation and safety data is necessary, but I’d err on the side of caution, as the technology and ingredients are still relatively new. The flavoring is particularly problematic, as it likely contributes both to smoking cessation in adults and the appeal of vaping in adolescents. The Academy of Sciences article I linked discusses most of the salient issues in great detail, but I’ve only skimmed it at this point.

Right. Solely anecdotal, but if you discontinue flavoring you may as well just ban vaping for many people I know.  Until I found my flavor I wasn’t sure I could stick with it.  Once I did, I stuck with the same flavor for about five years.  I’m just now branching out from that and feel like I can do that and still stay off the cigarettes. Lots of people, if they can’t get their vanilla custard or cotton candy or butterscotch or whatever they’ll just go back to cigarettes. It’s the thing that makes you say “yeah, I enjoy a cigarette a little more but i love the flavor part of this and I can’t get that in a cigarette.” Very helpful sometimes. 

11 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Right. Solely anecdotal, but if you discontinue flavoring you may as well just ban vaping for many people I know.  Until I found my flavor I wasn’t sure I could stick with it.  Once I did, I stuck with the same flavor for about five years.  I’m just now branching out from that and feel like I can do that and still stay off the cigarettes. Lots of people, if they can’t get their vanilla custard or cotton candy or butterscotch or whatever they’ll just go back to cigarettes. It’s the thing that makes you say “yeah, I enjoy a cigarette a little more but i love the flavor part of this and I can’t get that in a cigarette.” Very helpful sometimes. 

Are you trying to quit vaping? 

6 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

Jesus.  Get a room, you two.

On 9/19/2019 at 7:25 AM, TheIronSheik said:

As someone who used both Chantix and vaping on two different occasions, I can say from my experience they both worked great.  Chantix just made me forget to want to smoke.  I wish they'd make a similar drug for eating fatty, junk food.  And also a version that let me forget all the embarrassing crap I've done in my life that I tend to constantly think about at3am while laying in bed trying to sleep .  "Why did you tell Heather you liked her in front of everyone at recess in 2nd grade?  So stupid.  STUPID!" 

[And also a version that let me forget all the embarrassing crap I've done in my life that I tend to constantly think about at3am while laying in bed trying to sleep .  "Why did you tell Heather you liked her in front of everyone at recess in 2nd grade?  So stupid.  STUPID!" ]

I was thinking I was the only one, sheik.    I'm the same.   I have to leave the TV on all night as dead silence induces way too much thinking about stuff like this.

• Thanks 1

I'm pretty sure I've been on the opposite side of an argument w/ Mr. Ford before (Robert Kraft "sex trafficking" thread). I didn't love it. Even though I was super correct and on point. My heart goes out to you @Terminalxylem. Although, please note that in both instances #hulkwasright

They didn't do themselves any favors with flavors like Sour Patch Kids.  If they had stuck to more generic flavors then I think there would less of a ground swell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foosball God said:

They didn't do themselves any favors with flavors like Sour Patch Kids.  If they had stuck to more generic flavors then I think there would less of a ground swell.

I'm in my 40s and loved flavors like that though

I think the key to keeping it away from kids would be to STOP selling it to them, and to treat those who do sell it to minors as harshly as we treat sellers of other illegal substances.

9 minutes ago, (HULK) said:

I'm in my 40s and loved flavors like that though

I think the key to keeping it away from kids would be to STOP selling it to them, and to treat those who do sell it to minors as harshly as we treat sellers of other illegal substances.

One problem with it is that you can buy this stuff on Amazon.  My daughter was telling me that kids get Amazon gift cards and buy it all from there.  They have it sent to someone's house who's parents work past mail delivery.  So even if you're 13 or 14 years old, you have no issue buying this stuff.  At least with cigarettes, you had to go through a carding process.  Sure it could be circumvented, but at least there was some kind of barrier from allowing people to buy it.  

And while I loved those flavors at first, too, I also saw it as a slippery slope.  

5 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Got one. We’re posting while next to each other.

3 hours ago, (HULK) said:

I'm pretty sure I've been on the opposite side of an argument w/ Mr. Ford before (Robert Kraft "sex trafficking" thread). I didn't love it. Even though I was super correct and on point. My heart goes out to you @Terminalxylem. Although, please note that in both instances #hulkwasright

You want to keep chatting about that argument? I was under the impression we were dropping it. 

5 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Got one. We’re posting while next to each other.

Finally.  Now describe what you're doing to each other.  But slowly.  

19 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Finally.  Now describe what you're doing to each other.  But slowly.  

Well, I broke my right wrist last night about five minutes after my last post if that tells you anything.

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

11 hours ago, Terminalxylem said:

Are you trying to quit vaping? 

I'm trying to quit using a huge heavy battery.  

I smoked for decades.  Started at a very young age.  I am old now.  I can't function properly without the nicotine and without the breathing exercise/hand to mouth bit and I don't see that changing.  I'm at peace with that.

3 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

You want to keep chatting about that argument? I was under the impression we were dropping it. 

Not really. I was just trying to lighten the atmosphere.

6 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

I'm trying to quit using a huge heavy battery.  

I smoked for decades.  Started at a very young age.  I am old now.  I can't function properly without the nicotine and without the breathing exercise/hand to mouth bit and I don't see that changing.  I'm at peace with that.

Well hopefully you dodged the bullet regarding health consequences of smoking. But you’re never too old to quit nicotine.

19 hours ago, Terminalxylem said:

WTF?

I could write an Alfred Lord Tennyson poem after my time in the gun thread.

2 hours ago, Terminalxylem said:

Well hopefully you dodged the bullet regarding health consequences of smoking. But you’re never too old to quit nicotine.

I did for the most part. And I’m not too old to quit, I’m to old to quit and not become the world’s oldest serial killer. It keeps me marginally sane. 

Just got the below email from JUUL. This really pisses me off. 

I guess I was expecting this with the recent flavor ban but I was holding out hope that my Auto-Ship sub was not going to be subject to the NY State ban.

I've been a mango man for almost two years now and really don't want to go back to anything tobacco flavored, disgusting. I used to be a pack-a-day smoker for way too long and haven't smoked a single cigarette ever since I made the transition. I know I haven't kicked the addiction but I feel so much better now that I have gotten rid of the smoking. This is a step in the wrong direction for those of us who quit. 

New York: A change to your Auto-Ship Subscription.

We sincerely thank you for being a loyal JUUL Auto-Ship customer.

Beginning 10/4/2019, JUUL will no longer offer certain JUULpods flavors in New York due to recent state regulations. Please edit your Auto-Ship subscription to reflect our updated flavor offering (this should only take a minute of your time). We offer the following flavors in the state of New York: Virginia Tobacco, Classic Tobacco, and Menthol. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

3 hours ago, Waingro said:

I guess I was expecting this with the recent flavor ban but I was holding out hope that my Auto-Ship sub was not going to be subject to the NY State ban.

I've been a mango man for almost two years now and really don't want to go back to anything tobacco flavored, disgusting. I used to be a pack-a-day smoker for way too long and haven't smoked a single cigarette ever since I made the transition. I know I haven't kicked the addiction but I feel so much better now that I have gotten rid of the smoking. This is a step in the wrong direction for those of us who quit.

Back in my early vaping days (2013), there were a lot of folks making their own. VG/PG are easy to find and liquid nicotine is readily available. The only missing component is the flavoring and I'd expect to see the flavoring start to be sold separately.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Gawain said:

Back in my early vaping days (2013), there were a lot of folks making their own. VG/PG are easy to find and liquid nicotine is readily available. The only missing component is the flavoring and I'd expect to see the flavoring start to be sold separately.

Appreciate the suggestion but don't think I am can put forth the effort. JUUL got me hooked with its simplicity - the disposable pods and the quick n easy charging. Going to sample the available flavors and hope the ban hammer doesn't get too out of hand.   

Surprise, surprise...
Black Market only, nice headline

A cannabis testing facility in California analyzed a sampling of 18 cartridges containing THC — the active ingredient in marijuana — from both legal dispensaries and unlicensed dealers, NBC News reports.

No heavy metals, pesticides or solvents such as vitamin E were found in the legal products. But all 10 of the black market cartridges tested positive for pesticides and myclobutanil, a fungicide that can transform into hydrogen cyanide when burned, the analysis found.

On 9/26/2019 at 11:37 AM, Waingro said:

I recommend looking into a Smok Infinix. Very similar apparatus to the JUUL but refillable by design.  

• Thanks 1

On 9/20/2019 at 7:16 AM, TheIronSheik said:

If he smokes, he pokes.

21 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

I recommend looking into a Smok Infinix. Very similar apparatus to the JUUL but refillable by design.  

Looks interesting especially if paired up with the idea that Gawain mentioned upthread.  Thanks, I'll look into it.