What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Electronic Cigarettes (4 Viewers)

Rovers said:
Tecumseh said:
Ok, dumb question time (actually 2):1. What is the USB Bypass? I saw the picture on the V4L website, but I don't understand what I am looking at.
BigJim has commented on this too. The USB bypass is soooo much better than the battery V4L's, and again, it is not a knock on V4L, it's just that a 3.8 volt supply voltage doesn't have the punch of a 5 vollt vaporizer.
You are correct sir, I didn't touch a battery all day and plan to use USB whenever possible. To think I didn't even remove this from my kit my first week of experimenting. So easy to plug into the back of my computer, which I sit at 10 hours a day (work from home). On a similar note I just re-read some posts looking for something to for auto adaptors. Saw they have these under accessories at V4L and says it is 5V just like the computer power. Wingnut, did I see you have one of these? Anything to report? If they work as well as my USB computer bypass, that's my next purchase for sure. I have a 5 hour drive to northern Wisconsin on the 25th to prepare for, and go 3 hours each way to a cabin frequently. I was just liking using the battery in the car, thinking how much less of a hassel it was to vape in a car than smoke in a confined space, window down slightly on a -10 degree day, and get rid of a butt. But there's maybe more power too? Yes please.
I ordered another V4L starter kit, this one with the automolbile bypass. Looks like it plugs into the cig lighter to a USB connector. Lots of new vehicles don't have cig lighters, but they have other output ports. I've never even looked to see if my 2009 F-150 has output ports of any kind.... I think it has some stuff like that... LOL, I dunno. I do know it has a cig lighter tho. the bypass will kick your PV's butt, just as the USB does. In any case, I ordered the Buzz from Notcig. That should work as well as the USB ypass, if not better. I want that USB bypass power no matter where I go.

Tecumseh said:
Ok, dumb question time (actually 2):1. What is the USB Bypass? I saw the picture on the V4L website, but I don't understand what I am looking at.2. For those of you buying blanks, and filling them yourself- How are you keeping straight which cart has which flavor if all the carts are the same?
To #2, I experienced a similar issue determining what I had re-filled in my cartos, so I bought a tackle box from Walmart for $10 and keep the cartos with the juice they're filled with in the little sections of the box. Then, when I leave for work or go out, I bring 2 carts in the pcc plus one on my battery. If I'm leaving overnight, the tackle box comes along.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kit came in Monday and I haven't had a real cigarette since. I have tried 3 cartos so far:

1. RYL (18mg) - OK vapor kind of harsh TH. Not a big fan. Could use it in a pinch, but likely not to order again.

2. WOW Cafe Mocha (18mg) - Great flavor. Hint of cofee/cocoa, pretty smooth, good vapor. Will be a regular in my stash.

3. Kiwi Apple Strawberry (11mg) - This was a freebie from V4L. Smooth, decent vapor, nice hint of flavor. So far this has been my after dinner choice.

Still waiting for my kit to arrive. I only got the five cartos that came with the kit.

Are V4L cartos compatible with the Bloog Maxx Fusion? V4L seems to have more variety of flavors.

Rovers said:
Tecumseh said:
Ok, dumb question time (actually 2):

1. What is the USB Bypass? I saw the picture on the V4L website, but I don't understand what I am looking at.
BigJim has commented on this too. The USB bypass is soooo much better than the battery V4L's, and again, it is not a knock on V4L, it's just that a 3.8 volt supply voltage doesn't have the punch of a 5 vollt vaporizer.
You are correct sir, I didn't touch a battery all day and plan to use USB whenever possible. To think I didn't even remove this from my kit my first week of experimenting. So easy to plug into the back of my computer, which I sit at 10 hours a day (work from home). On a similar note I just re-read some posts looking for something to for auto adaptors. Saw they have these under accessories at V4L and says it is 5V just like the computer power. Wingnut, did I see you have one of these? Anything to report? If they work as well as my USB computer bypass, that's my next purchase for sure. I have a 5 hour drive to northern Wisconsin on the 25th to prepare for, and go 3 hours each way to a cabin frequently. I was just liking using the battery in the car, thinking how much less of a hassel it was to vape in a car than smoke in a confined space, window down slightly on a -10 degree day, and get rid of a butt. But there's maybe more power too? Yes please.
Yup, got one last weekhttp://store.vapor4life.com/Vapor_King_Cha...car-charger.htm

Works great, just as good as when hooked into my PC.

Right now V4L has a 15% off everything sale PLUS free shipping with a $50 minumum purchase (SALE ENDS FEB 17 AT AROUND NOON).

For the 15% off and free shipping, youll need to enter 2 codes: first, SMILIN15 for the 15% off, then FreeShippingUS for the free shipping (or FreeShippingWorldwide if youre outside the US). After noon, you can still get 10% off with free shipping til 9:30pm CST (SMILIN10 is the 10% off code)

*** Some time in the next week, theyre going to be having "an insanely deep discount on Juice (and maybe Carts, but for sure Juice)" to get rid of some overstock...might be a good time to stock up on some faves...

:rolleyes:

Rovers said:
Tecumseh said:
Ok, dumb question time (actually 2):1. What is the USB Bypass? I saw the picture on the V4L website, but I don't understand what I am looking at.
I ordered another V4L starter kit, this one with the automolbile bypass. Looks like it plugs into the cig lighter to a USB connector. Lots of new vehicles don't have cig lighters, but they have other output ports. I've never even looked to see if my 2009 F-150 has output ports of any kind.... I think it has some stuff like that... LOL, I dunno. I do know it has a cig lighter tho. the bypass will kick your PV's butt, just as the USB does. In any case, I ordered the Buzz from Notcig. That should work as well as the USB ypass, if not better. I want that USB bypass power no matter where I go.
Reviews I read that led me to Bloog claim the Bloog PV outhits the V4L on the passthrough. No idea if this is true or not since, again, I've never used V4L products. I think we need a comparison here because I know the V4L users would want to know if the Bloog is all it's cracked up to be, and us Bloog users would like to know if we could save some money, since V4L products are cheaper and they always seem to have a good sale going on. I still haven't used the Bloog USB passthrough, it's just not feasible for every day use - my PCs at work are about 10 feet behind me and I'm rarely sitting near the PC (or an outlet for that matter) at home. I need to try it and see if there's a big difference from the PV. I really don't need it to hit any harder than it does - with most 24mg 80/20 PG/VG juice, if I even hit the 5 second cutoff, the TH is almost TOO intense (this from a 20+ year Marlboro Red smoker.) With the 100% VG juices, I could handle a little additional oomph, so I'll give it a shot tonight.

Yup, got one last week

http://store.vapor4life.com/Vapor_King_Cha...car-charger.htm

Works great, just as good as when hooked into my PC.

Right now V4L has a 15% off everything sale PLUS free shipping with a $50 minumum purchase (SALE ENDS FEB 17 AT AROUND NOON).
Excellent, didn't need anything else to get to $50 so just placed my regular price order... $16 total for this addition will be money well spent. After some struggles out of the gate, my initial plan a week ago (as posted) was to get to 100% ecig by guy poker/cabin weekend 2/25, where most of the guys are having cigarettes left and right. Whether golfing, poker night or a weekend like this, among these guys (including a brother I'm very close to) I'm probably thought of as the cig ringleader, the guy who always has one to bum, with a spare pack in the travel bag. Not sure I was ready to shut off the valve when I challenged myself last weekend, but feel I'm in a groove now and happy to type 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Not only am I not dreading that weekend, I'm sort of looking forward to the reaction, particularly from my brother who struggles the same way I do. We'd both kicked this habit 8 years ago but foolishly let ourselves fall into the trap of occasional poker night/golf dabbling turning into a game of full blown life deception. I'm not wired like Cunk and other guys who can have one here or there.

Day 7 baby! Yeah boy! It's a miracle. From 2-3 packs a day to zero overnight. I didn't think it was possible.

It's gotten a little hairy, I ran out of 24mg yesterday, should get more today. I even got a 5 pack of 36mg cartos coming just in case. I'm not too concerned about the nicotine level for now. In another 3 weeks I may look to start cutting back. Now it's still about NO analogs.

I'm also looking forward to getting my Buzz from Notcigs. It may not be a sleek looking PV, but it packs a serious punch and is extremely well built and durable. It's been in production for over a year and all of the kinks have been worked out as opposed to the Bloog and Infinity. I wanted a PV that works like a bypass and would last for 10 hours of heavy vaping. The Buzz does that. I have a party to go to on Sunday, and I know I'll have some cocktails. I want to have my Buzz with me.

BTW, maybe some of you are wondering why i didn't go Bloog instead of the Buzz, several factors. One is that I have a ton of V4L cartos now, and many people have claimed that you really need to use the Bloog carts to get the perfomance they talk about. The batteries in the Buzz are widely available. Both Notcigs and Bloog are one man shows, new start up companies. This PV should last a very long time, and replacement batteries are available outside of Notcigs. I know the Buzz model is built like a brick chit house, you can't break this thing. I know it will work with my V4L carts.

Notcigs just introduced a new model, the Infinity which is very similar to the Boog. They are still working out some production kinks though. I'll wait.

Just ordered 5 flavors from Alien Vision

1. Boba's Bounty

2. English Toffe

3. Massive Chocolate Mint

4. Strawberry Cheescake

5. Sweet Tart

All 18 mg except for English Toffee which is 24mg. I just want to test out the higher mg. Therse are sample bottles so I'm going to have to learn to do all that refilling stuff. I'll report back with taste results.

I tried my usb pass through but it didn't seem that the cart would screw on tight enough. I'll try it again since people here have talked about how great it is. Although I don't know if I want to know if it's that much better and then crave it when I'm just using the battery.

Haven't had a cigarrette since Feb 7th. I'm looking forward to showing my golf buddy this spring. He's the type of guy who'd actually have to take a drag off one before he'd even consider buying one. This would save him a TON of money.

Rovers said:
Tecumseh said:
Reviews I read that led me to Bloog claim the Bloog PV outhits the V4L on the passthrough.
Im sure someone wrote that in a review, but I find it a little hard to believe....most reviews Ive read put them pretty close to each other (auto vs auto batteries), with Bloog's MF getting the edge most of the time over the new Diamond Series batteries from V4L...one of the the big difference is V4L batts have a 20 second cutoff, where the Bloog has a 5 or 6 second cutoff...Im still gonna order a Bloog battery so I can compare for myself once theyre back in stock...

Reviews I read that led me to Bloog claim the Bloog PV outhits the V4L on the passthrough.
Im sure someone wrote that in a review, but I find it a little hard to believe....most reviews Ive read put them pretty close to each other (auto vs auto batteries), with Bloog's MF getting the edge most of the time over the new Diamond Series batteries from V4L...one of the the big difference is V4L batts have a 20 second cutoff, where the Bloog has a 5 or 6 second cutoff...Im still gonna order a Bloog battery so I can compare for myself once theyre back in stock...
I find it hard to believe too. I really only believe what I read here, there are too many "fanboys" on those e-cig sites that have a hidden agenda. In fact, it wasn't until I read your posts praising the e-cig that I sunk the money into it. So here's a big :thumbup: to you, brother.... When you do order it, make sure you grab a 5-pack of Bloog cartos too - I'd be anxious to see how performance is affected when using V4L cartos on the Bloog battery and vice-versa.I haven't found the cutoff to be any issue at all. If it ever is, I'll order the Trifecta battery or a manual from another company (Bloog doesn't make straight manuals) - I've obviously never used a manual, so I wouldn't mind trying it, I just don't see the need to sink another $30 into one when I already have 4 batteries going in rotation.

I find it hard to believe too. I really only believe what I read here, there are too many "fanboys" on those e-cig sites that have a hidden agenda. In fact, it wasn't until I read your posts praising the e-cig that I sunk the money into it. So here's a big :wub: to you, brother.... When you do order it, make sure you grab a 5-pack of Bloog cartos too - I'd be anxious to see how performance is affected when using V4L cartos on the Bloog battery and vice-versa.I haven't found the cutoff to be any issue at all. If it ever is, I'll order the Trifecta battery or a manual from another company (Bloog doesn't make straight manuals) - I've obviously never used a manual, so I wouldn't mind trying it, I just don't see the need to sink another $30 into one when I already have 4 batteries going in rotation.
:goodposting:Im a little curious about the manual batteries myself...looking at some of them on V4L's site earlier, I noticed some reviews that said they perform much like a passthrough and better than the autos, so it piqued my interest...I may order a manual next time I need a battery (after I get a Bloog though). Ive only got 2 batteries in my rotation right now...when I got the new Diamond Series from V4L, I traded them to my GF for her regular ones...come to find out, she shorted one out by getting juice in it. :lmao:V4L does have some good juice, so when the big juice sale drops in the next few days, Ill post a discount code here...Im guessing it will be a 50% off sale, which would take them from $12.50 to around $6 for 30ml...only thing is, its an overstock sale, so there only might be a select number of juices that get the discount. And I do plan on ordering a pack of BMF carts when I get a battery, Im really curious to try out the new and improved design.

Wow, I just noticed that I got my first kit (South Beach Smoke) on Jan 13th...so that means I have not had a real cigarette in over a month!!! Ok, I DID take a few puffs on maybe 2 different occasions just out of curiosity, but after 2 hits, I couldnt take a 3rd because they tasted disgusting.

So after smoking 1-2 packs a day for over 20 years, Ive been 99.9% tobacco free for over a month, and it wasnt difficult at all thanks to e-cigs.

:clap: :banned: :pickle: :goodposting: :excited:

Wow, I just noticed that I got my first kit (South Beach Smoke) on Jan 13th...so that means I have not had a real cigarette in over a month!!! Ok, I DID take a few puffs on maybe 2 different occasions just out of curiosity, but after 2 hits, I couldnt take a 3rd because they tasted disgusting.So after smoking 1-2 packs a day for over 20 years, Ive been 99.9% tobacco free for over a month, and it wasnt difficult at all thanks to e-cigs. :clap: :clap: :pickle: :goodposting: :excited:
:banned:

Wow, I just noticed that I got my first kit (South Beach Smoke) on Jan 13th...so that means I have not had a real cigarette in over a month!!! Ok, I DID take a few puffs on maybe 2 different occasions just out of curiosity, but after 2 hits, I couldnt take a 3rd because they tasted disgusting.So after smoking 1-2 packs a day for over 20 years, Ive been 99.9% tobacco free for over a month, and it wasnt difficult at all thanks to e-cigs. :clap: :banned: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:
I had a very similar experience. Two weeks ago yesterday, I got the kit at lunchtime and started in on the vaping. Lit up an analog that afternoon and after only a few hours of vaping, it tasted awful. Threw it away after 2 drags. The next night, about 6:30, I grabbed one of my wife's cigarettes because I was outside grilling and my PV was inside. Smoked a little more than half of it. It tasted like dirt and ash. This was the one that made me sure I was done with it. Last Wednesday, I smoked another analog at 6:30 PM to mark 1 week tobacco-free. It was God-awful, but since I lit it, I powered through the whole thing to really drive the point home that these things suck and that I was done with them. Haven't touched one since. Maybe I'll bring another one home from the pack that's collecting dust in my desk right now and smoke it at 6:30 to commemorate 2 weeks. It's a nice reminder of how terrible they taste/smell.

I will NOT light up, won't do it. I think I'm wired like Big Jim. If I smoke just one... can't go there.

I am bummed out though. Nothing in the mail today, and I do miss not having any 24mg stuff around. Jonesin over here a little today.

Just got my kit in the mail. hopefully I have purchased my last pack of real cigs. We shall see.
The first 3 days I did both, vaped and smoked. There was definitely a learning curve with vaping. You might want to ease in rather than diving in. You may find you need a different strength, might need to order some more cartridges, that sort of thing before you put down the smokes for good. It;s different for everyone though. Best of luck, it's worked for me!

I will NOT light up, won't do it. I think I'm wired like Big Jim. If I smoke just one... can't go there.
Well, I actually think I would have an experience like EG if I did smoke the last cig I have in my glove compartment, now that I have something else that replaces it. Heck, I've had the opportunity to smoke it for the past 5 days and could have justified it since I planned to smoke it Sunday when my wife was out of town. I initially didn't smoke it Sunday because I hate that "this is my last smoke" ceremony that has time and again been closely followed by the "my God, I'm really out of smokes" panic trip to the gas station. Didn't want to leave myself any reason to go get another pack. Second, I figured if I couldn't deal with that temptation then I had no hope making it through a weekend drunkfest temptation looming on the 25th, and maybe I'd even reward myself having it that weekend. But my mindset has changed a bit in these past few days. I actually haven't even thought about that cigarette much (until now :thumbup: ). I'm very content right now with ecigging, and don't plan to smoke it to remind myself how they taste. If I had to guess right now, it will probably not get smoked.

Has anybody ordered anything from Backwoods Brew yet? These juices are phenomenal! They supposedly require a 2-3 weeks or so of steeping, but I filled up a tank's worth of each flavor and have been hitting them over the last 24 hours.

I ordered 10ml of the following, all at 24mg (Backwoods only sells 70PG/30VG liquid):

Casablanca Blend - Turkish tobacco with cocoa undertones. Devastating throat hit (in a good way) and awesome vapor. Can probably smoke this one for the rest of eternity.

Blueberry - Awesome natural blueberry flavor. Billows of vapor and solid throat hit. Could be an all-day liquid but it hits the spot in the morning with my coffee.

Blast - A sweet and cool cinnamon flavor. Think Red Hots or a Fireball. Wasn't getting much of a throat hit but tons of vapor.

Smoke - Just a straight-up good, tobacco flavor. Solid throat hit and again, awesome vapor. I've got a feeling this one is gonna be absolutely money after steeping for another week.

All in all, I'm extremely satisfied with this stuff. Most customers don't even touch their juices until after a couple of weeks but curiosity got the best of me. Don't plan on touching these again until another seven days or so.

I just smoked my weekly cigarette. It was even worse than last week's. Now I can smell myself too. I am absolutely DONE with analogs. May continue to smoke 1 a week just to keep reminding myself how gross they are.

Has anybody ordered anything from Backwoods Brew yet? These juices are phenomenal! They supposedly require a 2-3 weeks or so of steeping, but I filled up a tank's worth of each flavor and have been hitting them over the last 24 hours. I ordered 10ml of the following, all at 24mg (Backwoods only sells 70PG/30VG liquid):Casablanca Blend - Turkish tobacco with cocoa undertones. Devastating throat hit (in a good way) and awesome vapor. Can probably smoke this one for the rest of eternity. Blueberry - Awesome natural blueberry flavor. Billows of vapor and solid throat hit. Could be an all-day liquid but it hits the spot in the morning with my coffee.Blast - A sweet and cool cinnamon flavor. Think Red Hots or a Fireball. Wasn't getting much of a throat hit but tons of vapor.Smoke - Just a straight-up good, tobacco flavor. Solid throat hit and again, awesome vapor. I've got a feeling this one is gonna be absolutely money after steeping for another week.All in all, I'm extremely satisfied with this stuff. Most customers don't even touch their juices until after a couple of weeks but curiosity got the best of me. Don't plan on touching these again until another seven days or so.
I've heard great things. I've spent about $200 on juice and cartos this week, so I'll likely hold off a bit before ordering more, but they're going to be my next purchase.

I will NOT light up, won't do it. I think I'm wired like Big Jim. If I smoke just one... can't go there. I am bummed out though. Nothing in the mail today, and I do miss not having any 24mg stuff around. Jonesin over here a little today.
If you're ever in a pinch like that again, they sell e-liquid here in NYC. Don't know if they do in LI, but I've definitely seen some in smoke shops. Cloud 9 from Brooklyn makes it.

Has anybody ordered anything from Backwoods Brew yet? These juices are phenomenal! They supposedly require a 2-3 weeks or so of steeping, but I filled up a tank's worth of each flavor and have been hitting them over the last 24 hours.

I ordered 10ml of the following, all at 24mg (Backwoods only sells 70PG/30VG liquid):

Casablanca Blend - Turkish tobacco with cocoa undertones. Devastating throat hit (in a good way) and awesome vapor. Can probably smoke this one for the rest of eternity.

Blueberry - Awesome natural blueberry flavor. Billows of vapor and solid throat hit. Could be an all-day liquid but it hits the spot in the morning with my coffee.

Blast - A sweet and cool cinnamon flavor. Think Red Hots or a Fireball. Wasn't getting much of a throat hit but tons of vapor.

Smoke - Just a straight-up good, tobacco flavor. Solid throat hit and again, awesome vapor. I've got a feeling this one is gonna be absolutely money after steeping for another week.

All in all, I'm extremely satisfied with this stuff. Most customers don't even touch their juices until after a couple of weeks but curiosity got the best of me. Don't plan on touching these again until another seven days or so.
Can you expand on this? I'm confused? Are you talking about filling up your cartos?

Can you expand on this? I'm confused? Are you talking about filling up your cartos?
I have an eGo-T. The "tanks" are these. The tanks then pushed into a cone-shaped atomizer. Super easy to refill.

Gadabout said:
Rovers said:
I will NOT light up, won't do it. I think I'm wired like Big Jim. If I smoke just one... can't go there. I am bummed out though. Nothing in the mail today, and I do miss not having any 24mg stuff around. Jonesin over here a little today.
If you're ever in a pinch like that again, they sell e-liquid here in NYC. Don't know if they do in LI, but I've definitely seen some in smoke shops. Cloud 9 from Brooklyn makes it.
Hmmm... I'll have to check one of the few smoke shops left around. Back when I was trying everything under the sun, I bought a pipe and tobacco from them, pretty big shop.

BigJim® said:
Rovers said:
Well, I actually think I would have an experience like EG if I did smoke the last cig I have in my glove compartment, now that I have something else that replaces it. Heck, I've had the opportunity to smoke it for the past 5 days and could have justified it since I planned to smoke it Sunday when my wife was out of town. I initially didn't smoke it Sunday because I hate that "this is my last smoke" ceremony that has time and again been closely followed by the "my God, I'm really out of smokes" panic trip to the gas station. Didn't want to leave myself any reason to go get another pack. Second, I figured if I couldn't deal with that temptation then I had no hope making it through a weekend drunkfest temptation looming on the 25th, and maybe I'd even reward myself having it that weekend. But my mindset has changed a bit in these past few days. I actually haven't even thought about that cigarette much (until now :goodposting: ). I'm very content right now with ecigging, and don't plan to smoke it to remind myself how they taste. If I had to guess right now, it will probably not get smoked.
As an additional bonus, if you haven't gone out and gotten hammered since you quit the analogs, you will be absolutely stunned at how much better you feel "the morning after". I now believe that my hangovers in the past were more from the ridiculous amount I smoked than from the alcohol. I went out Monday night and got wasted at a bar with friends, but stuck with vaping. Next morning I woke up and was stunned to realize I had no hangover.

Today is one week free of analogs.

That's about 140 of those things I didn't smoke and about $35 or so I didn't spend on them.

I've only gone through 5 of the 30 orginal cartos I got in 7 days so I guess I'm not really vaping too quickly.

I think my favorite is the Cool Cart Hilton.

I've been tempted to have one a few times, but why? I can't think of a single reason to have an analog anymore.

My goal is to slowly reduce the nicotine content until 0. That may take a while but it's a battle I can/will win.

Today is one week free of analogs.That's about 140 of those things I didn't smoke and about $35 or so I didn't spend on them.I've only gone through 5 of the 30 orginal cartos I got in 7 days so I guess I'm not really vaping too quickly.I think my favorite is the Cool Cart Hilton.I've been tempted to have one a few times, but why? I can't think of a single reason to have an analog anymore.My goal is to slowly reduce the nicotine content until 0. That may take a while but it's a battle I can/will win.
:hifive:

Today is one week free of analogs.That's about 140 of those things I didn't smoke and about $35 or so I didn't spend on them.I've only gone through 5 of the 30 orginal cartos I got in 7 days so I guess I'm not really vaping too quickly.I think my favorite is the Cool Cart Hilton.I've been tempted to have one a few times, but why? I can't think of a single reason to have an analog anymore.My goal is to slowly reduce the nicotine content until 0. That may take a while but it's a battle I can/will win.
I had one analog yesterday just to see what I would think. It was nasty, and my mouth tasted like I had licked an ashtray. There is no reason to have analogs anymore. I'm planning the same as you. After my current selection of juice runs out, I'm going to go down to 18mg, then step down again, etc, until I am nic free.

Also, I used the USB passthrough for the first time last night and the only major difference I could discern was the lack of a cut-off. Vapor production seemed to be about 20% or so greater than with the battery, and throat hit may have been a bit stronger but the difference was pretty negligible. So, either I don't hit it hard enough to make a difference, the Bloog battery performs 90% as well as a USB passthrough, or the Bloog USB passthrough underperforms in relation to the V4L model.

I know that's a huge help. :goodposting:

By reading this thread it looks like these things just might work. I’m thinking of starting using these as well but I’m concerned that I will just be wasting money. Can anyone recommend a starter package at a particular company?

Yesterday I stopped at a 7-11 and picked up one there and tried it but I wasn’t really impressed but not to the point of not trying at all.

One question I have is how do you know when you’re finished a smoke session? I took a bunch of drags (about 10) of one yesterday but less than 30 minutes later I wanted a real smoke.

One question I have is how do you know when you’re finished a smoke session?
The first couple days I was using mine throughout the day. The answer for you probably depends on the nic level of the cart, your typical smoking habits, etc. I was a half-pack a day Camel Light smoker and using 18 mg carts, I take about 6-8 puffs and set it down... it's about the same as a cigarette. When I need a little more nicotine (mornings, late night), I put on a 24 mg cart and maybe have 2-4 puffs. I've found 24 mg actually a little more nicotine than I'm accustomed to, so after those puffs I replace with an 18 mg again and go back to the occasional 6-8 puffs.I don't have experience with convenience store versions of these but I suspect you get what you pay for. Vapor4Life XL starter kit and Bloog MaxxFusion seem to be the favorites in here, and the thread contains abundant reviews of cartomizer flavor/brands, getting prefilled carts vs. filling your own, etc. Even though it will take an hour, I highly recommend reading through this entire thread and learn all the great tips others have shared before doing anything. People have changed their opinions on products through experience, so it's hard to cliffnote. What I have noticed is most have had very positive experiences, albeit with some learning curves through trial/error. It's sort of surprising only 1 person I can recall has posted "tried these and no way can these replace cigarettes for me." I couldn't imagine a cigarette replacement having such universal success as what I've read in this thread.

:goodposting:What public companies stand to benefit?
Short Philip Morris and RJ Reynolds, I guess.
No. Come on, you guys are this excited about something and nobody wants to see if any public companies are involved?
There are none that I or anyone with whom I've discussed this are aware of. Almost all of these e-cigs and the associated accessories are currently manufactured in China, and I don't think any of those companies are publicly traded. Maybe someone who's deeper into the market could do more research, I'm just happy with the money I'm saving not buying cigarettes. Hence, lacking a way to sink money into the future prosperity of personal vaporizers, your best bet to cash in at this juncture would be to wager on the decline/demise of the tobacco companies. Trust me, the more smokers get a hold of these, the more they're going to take off. The groundswell is just now starting.

:lmao:What public companies stand to benefit?
No. Come on, you guys are this excited about something and nobody wants to see if any public companies are involved?
I am. Based on a post from Cunk I actually planned to investigate if any publically traded companies are involved. I assumed V4L and Bloog are private start ups based on what I know and scanning info on the 'about us' V4L page. I'm sure big T will step in to quash any public owned companies, just like big Auto has historically done buying and sitting on electric car patents out of fear of impact to their normal products. Maybe I'm too cynical. I agree with your point though that if this many FBGs have had success, it's something I'd want to invest in at the ground floor (if there is one).

:pickle:

What public companies stand to benefit?
There are none that I or anyone with whom I've discussed this are aware of. Almost all of these e-cigs and the associated accessories are currently manufactured in China, and I don't think any of those companies are publicly traded. Maybe someone who's deeper into the market could do more research, I'm just happy with the money I'm saving not buying cigarettes. Hence, lacking a way to sink money into the future prosperity of personal vaporizers, your best bet to cash in at this juncture would be to wager on the decline/demise of the tobacco companies. Trust me, the more smokers get a hold of these, the more they're going to take off. The groundswell is just now starting.
:thumbup: No, it is not the best bet. Not even a flea on a Mastodon's back.BigJim has the right idea(s).

Also, I used the USB passthrough for the first time last night and the only major difference I could discern was the lack of a cut-off. Vapor production seemed to be about 20% or so greater than with the battery, and throat hit may have been a bit stronger but the difference was pretty negligible. So, either I don't hit it hard enough to make a difference, the Bloog battery performs 90% as well as a USB passthrough, or the Bloog USB passthrough underperforms in relation to the V4L model.I know that's a huge help. :unsure:
I did use the V4L battery last night and it wasn't that much weaker that I walked to-from my computer desk for a puff, so hopefully I haven't given that impression endorsing my USB. But given the option while sitting at my computer desk (and in the future, driving in the car), I'll use USB to take advantage of 5V vs. 3.8V. Big difference for me using USB are (1) I haven't needed a primer puff (which actually may be more tied to my automatic battery than USB comparison), and (2) I get more crackling on inhale, and noticeably better vapor/TH. I'd say your 20% is maybe in the ballpark of my experience with the V4L USB, and actually is pretty close to the 30% difference 3.8V vs. 5V power source suggests. It hasn't changed my overall satisfaction with the V4L battery. I am definitely anticipating Wingnut's personal comparison though of V4L vs. Bloog. If Bloog is a better device, I'll get it next time I need batteries. Another battery downside is I've had 3-4 carts that won't fully screw onto a battery, leaving a 2-3 mm gap, but the same carts screw fine on the USB. I'm not sure what to make of that, or how to fix it. It's been isolated and I simply use those carts for USB-only when it happens.

:lmao:

What public companies stand to benefit?
:unsure: No, it is not the best bet. Not even a flea on a Mastodon's back.BigJim has the right idea(s).
Then go invest in the Chinese companies, I don't know what to tell you. As of now, I don't know of a single publicly traded U.S. company involved. Personally, I disagree that the big tobacco companies are going to buy up all the e-cig and juice manufacturers/vendors. It's apples and oranges compared to what they do now, short of perhaps extracting from tobacco leaves to make a juice base. It's nothing like GM buying up a company manufacturing electric cars, they won't be able to buy and sit on all the patents and keep the product out of people's hands. It's too in your face. Word of mouth is already causing this stuff to spread like wildfire. The commercials are on TV, the kiosks are in malls, the infrastructure is developing. It's a lot easier for a smoker to see someone in a bar with one of these and say "hey, what is that?" and then sink $50-100 into quitting smoking than it is for someone to learn about and acquire an electric car. Take a look, this one thread alone has caused maybe 10-15 FBGs to drop the cigs and pick these things up. It's going to snowball.If anything, I think the big tobacco manufacturers will just have to export more, but their market share is going to be depleted and the landed cost of their product is going to go up, so I think you're going to see a slow death. Perhaps they'll get bought up by international conglomerates, much the way Anheuser Busch did. In any event, there's no way to turn a quick buck yet that I know of. And why did you capitalize Mastodon, are you talking about the band?

Then go invest in the Chinese companies, I don't know what to tell you. As of now, I don't know of a single publicly traded U.S. company involved. Personally, I disagree that the big tobacco companies are going to buy up all the e-cig and juice manufacturers/vendors. It's apples and oranges compared to what they do now, short of perhaps extracting from tobacco leaves to make a juice base. It's nothing like GM buying up a company manufacturing electric cars, they won't be able to buy and sit on all the patents and keep the product out of people's hands. It's too in your face. Word of mouth is already causing this stuff to spread like wildfire. The commercials are on TV, the kiosks are in malls, the infrastructure is developing. It's a lot easier for a smoker to see someone in a bar with one of these and say "hey, what is that?" and then sink $50-100 into quitting smoking than it is for someone to learn about and acquire an electric car. Take a look, this one thread alone has caused maybe 10-15 FBGs to drop the cigs and pick these things up. It's going to snowball.If anything, I think the big tobacco manufacturers will just have to export more, but their market share is going to be depleted and the landed cost of their product is going to go up, so I think you're going to see a slow death. Perhaps they'll get bought up by international conglomerates, much the way Anheuser Busch did. In any event, there's no way to turn a quick buck yet that I know of. And why did you capitalize Mastodon, are you talking about the band?
Well, keep in mind this is not coming from an econ/business major... it's just my opinion. First, I do think it would be great to invest in a US company if one comes along with an IPO. IMHO electric autos are a good comparison, in that all of this comes down to patents and technology ownership. If big tobacco saw even a 10% decline in tobacco use, they would have every reason to buy up ecig patents, and vigorously litigate, forcing ma/pa shops like V4L and Bloog not only to build a better mousetrap, but more importanlty risk the cost of defending the technology. IP litigation is not cheap, and whether you are right or wrong usually falls by the wayside in the face of multi-million dollar attorney fees. If I had a crystal ball I'd expect big T to do something like that whenever these products cause significant impact to their sales. Buying patents even on existing product lines, they would then be free to increase the cost of these products which would both increase their profitability selling them and put their normal tobacco products on equal footing from a cost perspective. I've done a bit of research of historic tobacco practices and let's just say they will do whatever it takes to perpetuate their products (e.g. testing nicotine candy to create a "replacement smoker" base as smokers die off... and yeah they used that exact wording in internal memos). They have survived significant national class action/AG litigation, and have the resources to keep the law on their side. Also, government is not likely to ever take a strong stand against big Tobacco, and may even aid them (e.g. see refusal of FDA to approve ecigs) because too many agricultural and cigarette tax dollars are at stake. JMHO.

:wub: No, it is not the best bet. Not even a flea on a Mastodon's back.BigJim has the right idea(s).
What?? You don't know what to tell me? Sure doesn't look that way. Listen, it was a simple question. All you really had to say is that you don't know of any public companies with a stake in this. Oh you can elaborate, by all means, but when that includes such flippant advice as to actually short big tobacco, I believe I'm allowed to comment on that, no? In fact if you go back and look, I simply said "no" to your advice the first time around, but you persisted, at which point I found it ridiculous. Hey, it's just my opinion. You don't think so, I get that, but no need to get defensive.

Users who are viewing this thread