What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W14 - Carolina@Atlanta (1 Viewer)

I don't like to wish ill upon people, but if Stephen Davis could remember he left the iron on and leave for awhile, it would really help my next-round matchup.

So they wire up Rucker and then air him whining and praying his knee ligaments aren't snapped???WTF is that ESPN?Paul "He fell and everyone fell on top of him". Thanks, didn't see that twice already.

I swear the Falcons aren't even running real plays. Vick is actually playing like one of those cheap players in Madden when they use Vick.

I don't like to wish ill upon people, but if Stephen Davis could remember he left the iron on and leave for awhile, it would really help my next-round matchup.
How does a sprained ankle work?

Amazing. S.Davis takes a late hit (or at least close) on the sideline and limps off. Those fools hardly mention it and don't do a replay. If it would have been Vick, there would have be a half dozen replays...

Davis back in.Edit, behind Delhomme I saw #20 though, not #48. I think the announcers better get away from that hookah.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been counting, but it seems like Vick has had 4 or 5 deflections now. It seems like he's still getting back into the groove of reading the defense.

What's Duckett's 40 time? It can't be any faster than 6.0. He looks so slow out there.Vick has to get his throw higher, yes.

That throw that Vick just made was thrown into a window about the size of a sheet of paper. I'll agree with everyone, I'm sick of the stooges kissing his #### too, but man can he make some throws.

What's Duckett's 40 time? It can't be any faster than 6.0. He looks so slow out there.
Dunn is a much better fit for that offense with Vick at QB. Duckett would be better off in a different system. Reeves is using Griffith as much as he can as a result.

has ESPN always had this red scrimmage line on their telecasts? never noticed it before.
No, apparently its a special Vick-ification for the broadcast tonight so you can have an idea of how much vick moves around. :rolleyes:

If the Panthers aren't careful, they go down by 14. Then we get to watch Delhomme suck all night trying to throw...

TJ Duckett looks fine to me. When he shifts gears you can definitely tell. 41 yards/1 TD through 1.5 quarters of play against a tough run defense is nothing to be ashamed about.Edit to add: Duckett is outplaying Stephen Davis.

Carolina will say "The F with this" and just run the heck out of the ball. They need to take control now or risk getting down 14-0.If it weren't for Feely they'd be down 10-0.

TJ Duckett looks fine to me. When he shifts gears you can definitely tell. 41 yards/1 TD through 1.5 quarters of play against a tough run defense is nothing to be ashamed about.
You're right, once he gets going. Behind the line his first two steps look slow. He needs an O line that can open the holes up and keep them open. He's not going to cut back at all. He does, however, break some tackles once he gets going.

You're right, once he gets going. Behind the line his first two steps look slow. He needs an O line that can open the holes up and keep them open. He's not going to cut back at all. He does, however, break some tackles once he gets going.
Good analysis. His speed is fine but his "quickness" is lacking. I wonder if it affects him in pass protection - he is slow to move his feet, so people run around/by him....not sure if its his technique or not, but he needs work as a blocker.

Note to Carolina:Give #48 the GD ball!
Yeah, I don't know what they're doing. I think Fox is outsmarting himself after seeing some big gains in the passing game. Problem is, the success rate of a 20 yard pass is a lot less than just pounding the ball with Davis.Edit b/c I can't spell.

It would be nice to feed the ball to SD 40 times, but the Falcons are stacking the line. The passing should set up the run later...

Love how these idiots can't stop raving about Vick while they are down a TD. Good stuff!

Why argue about the call after the play is over and you can do nothing about it, it's pointless...shut the hell up!

3rd and 7 and they run a toss sweep to the short side of the field to Foster. :confused: Note to John Fox. Please get the ball to Steve Smith.

Second note to John Fox. Please run play action on first down and go deep. The Falcons are stacking the line......make them pay.

Vick is awesome...43 yard...should I say scramble?124 rushing yards so far.

Users who are viewing this thread