Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaso

Looking for the name of a movie...

I remember watching the movie as a rental in the mid to late 80's. However I am not sure when it was made. I don't remember any of the actors in it, nor do the faintest idea of a possible title.

I know, I know... I'm off to a great start here!

All I remember of the movie was that a group of guys are forced to live in the woods/mountains after their town in the US is invaded by what I remember as the Russians... I remember the parachute troops dropping in a school yard if that helps any..

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! I'm running out of ideas on what to search for...

Oddly enough Wolverines wasn't it... But the search on youtube for it resulted in finding Red Dawn - which was the movie I was looking for...

So thanks... I can now go back to my regular scheduled life!

Purple Rain?

Dearly belovedWe are gathered here today2 get through this thing called lifeElectric word lifeIt means forever and that's a mighty long timeBut I'm here 2 tell uThere's something else....Russian paratroopers!

Oddly enough Wolverines wasn't it...

:shrug:
It's Wolveriiiiiiines. You've got to make Google work for you.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off 2: The College Years

Oddly enough Wolverines wasn't it...

:thumbup:
It's Wolveriiiiiiines. You've got to make Google work for you.
Ah crap... :rolleyes:

I don't know why, but it stuns me that somebody would not know this movie instantly. Makes me feel old.

Is there a more underrated actor than Patrick Swayze...Red Dawn, Point Break, Road House, The Outsiders, Youngblood...how this cinematic genius did not win an Oscar is truly one of the great mysteries of the silver screen...

Oddly enough Wolverines wasn't it... But the search on youtube for it resulted in finding Red Dawn - which was the movie I was looking for...So thanks... I can now go back to my regular scheduled life!

:killsself: :dead:

Oddly enough Wolverines wasn't it... But the search on youtube for it resulted in finding Red Dawn - which was the movie I was looking for...So thanks... I can now go back to my regular scheduled life!

:killsself: :dead:
:confused:

I don't know why, but it stuns me that somebody would not know this movie instantly. Makes me feel old.

I was probably 8 when I watched it.

My wife was born the year the movie was made - if that makes you feel any better! :lmao:

I know the feeling. I have a bad habit of quoting famous lines from older movies, and the under 30 crowd I work with just give me that "what the hell was that all about" look.

My wife was born the year the movie was made - if that makes you feel any better! :yes:

Shut up, you.

Is there a more underrated actor than Patrick Swayze...Red Dawn, Point Break, Road House, The Outsiders, Youngblood...how this cinematic genius did not win an Oscar is truly one of the great mysteries of the silver screen...

Everyone thought he'd be bigger.

All I remember of the movie was that a group of guys are forced to live in the woods/mountains after their town in the US is invaded by what I remember as the Russians... I remember the parachute troops dropping in a school yard if that helps any..

Rocky IV

"Whatever he hits, he destroys."

VERY :bs:

I was thinking the same thing....then I realized, my wife wouldn't know it.

She's 38 and wouldn't have a clue what "Red Dawn" was....but then again she's not really a movie buff at all.

My wife was born the year the movie was made - if that makes you feel any better! :lmao:

Better? No, just older. Thanks. :bs:

Better? No, just older. Thanks. :bs:

I get the same feeling when people tell me they haven't seen "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" or have never heard of "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure". :lmao:

I'm trying to remember this one movie...

They're having a war amongst the stars. There's this big monkey like character and also a princess with a goofy hairstyle. I think it had robots in it.

Anyone?

Edit: Oh yeah. There was also this big planet weapon and the characters shot some sort of electric bolts out of their guns rather than bullets. And an old guy gave some sort of light scalpel to some kid.

I remember watching the movie as a rental in the mid to late 80's. However I am not sure when it was made. I don't remember any of the actors in it, nor do the faintest idea of a possible title. I know, I know... I'm off to a great start here!All I remember of the movie was that a group of guys are forced to live in the woods/mountains after their town in the US is invaded by what I remember as the Russians... I remember the parachute troops dropping in a school yard if that helps any..Thanks in advance for any suggestions! I'm running out of ideas on what to search for...

IP ban, please.

I'm trying to remember this one movie...They're having a war amongst the stars. There's this big monkey like character and also a princess with a goofy hairstyle. I think it had robots in it.Anyone?Edit: Oh yeah. There was also this big planet weapon and the characters shot some sort of electric bolts out of their guns rather than bullets. And an old guy gave some sort of light scalpel to some kid.

Not sure if you are thinking of Battle of the Network Stars or Planet of the Apes

I'm trying to remember this one movie...They're having a war amongst the stars. There's this big monkey like character and also a princess with a goofy hairstyle. I think it had robots in it.Anyone?Edit: Oh yeah. There was also this big planet weapon and the characters shot some sort of electric bolts out of their guns rather than bullets. And an old guy gave some sort of light scalpel to some kid.

Spaceballs

Not sure if you are thinking of Battle of the Network Stars or Planet of the Apes
Hmmm. That might be it. I think it also had a sequel where there were some giant walking turtle like things beat the bad guys in Norway or Minnesota. Then the kid visited the Geico gecko and the rest of the heroes are chased around a bit until they get captured by the Man In Black (Princess Bride maybe? :lmao: ).

Hmmm. That might be it. I think it also had a sequel where there were some giant walking turtle like things beat the bad guys in Norway or Minnesota. Then the kid visited the Geico gecko and the rest of the heroes are chased around a bit until they get captured by the Man In Black (Princess Bride maybe? :ptts: ).
I'm stumped on this one. Do you remember any memorable catch phrases or plot twists that could help the rest of us remember too?

Hmmm. That might be it. I think it also had a sequel where there were some giant walking turtle like things beat the bad guys in Norway or Minnesota. Then the kid visited the Geico gecko and the rest of the heroes are chased around a bit until they get captured by the Man In Black (Princess Bride maybe? :shrug: ).
I'm stumped on this one. Do you remember any memorable catch phrases or plot twists that could help the rest of us remember too?
"Some time past, a bit down the road from here.""Of course I'm with you.""Why did I cut this thing open? BOY does that STINK!""If all you do is try, you're probably not going to amount to jack squat.""Anyone every ask you 'Who's your daddy?' Well now you can answer."

Oddly enough Wolverines wasn't it... But the search on youtube for it resulted in finding Red Dawn - which was the movie I was looking for...

So thanks... I can now go back to my regular scheduled life!

Sorry, on this board I will never believe this was sincere. Way too much machismo around here for any member not to know Red Dawn.

If it was sincere, you might be more comfortable here :shrug:

I'm trying to remember this one movie...

They're having a war amongst the stars. There's this big monkey like character and also a princess with a goofy hairstyle. I think it had robots in it.

Anyone?

Edit: Oh yeah. There was also this big planet weapon and the characters shot some sort of electric bolts out of their guns rather than bullets. And an old guy gave some sort of light scalpel to some kid.

Hmmm. That might be it. I think it also had a sequel where there were some giant walking turtle like things beat the bad guys in Norway or Minnesota. Then the kid visited the Geico gecko and the rest of the heroes are chased around a bit until they get captured by the Man In Black (Princess Bride maybe? :shrug: ).
"Some time past, a bit down the road from here."

"Of course I'm with you."

"Why did I cut this thing open? BOY does that STINK!"

"If all you do is try, you're probably not going to amount to jack squat."

"Anyone every ask you 'Who's your daddy?' Well now you can answer."

:rolleyes:

Wolveriiiines!

Wolveriiiines!
The ape thing was a wolverine? Hmmm. Starting to come together now...

Monique Junot: He keeps putting his #### all over me.

Lane Myer: Excuse me?

Monique Junot: You know, like octopus? ####?

Lane Myer: Ohhhh. Tentacles. N-T. Big Difference.

FOR THE LOVE OF BENJI

Everyone thought he'd be bigger.
:lol: