What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official*** all things Microsoft Xbox One (1 Viewer)

Actually, the industry scuttlebutt is that MS is planning to release a game-less Xbox that would just be a media hub. In other words, they're more likely to release a game-less tv box than a Kinect-less game console.

If you guys don't like Kinect and can wait until next fall I expect there to be non-Kinect Xbone for $399.
they won't make a version without it. The whole point of including it with every Xbone is to have every customer the avalability and access to play/use kinect features. This is so developers utilize the features of it without having to worry about cutting their possible sales by XX% before it even launches.
If the Xbox had tanked at launch, I think MS would have been under a lot of pressure to release a Kinect-less version to get the price down. But given that the console has sold really well, I doubt you'll be seeing a Kinect-free version ever.
You guys are probably right, I just hate having to pay extra for a feature I don't want.

does the new one play the old discs?
I'm missing this more than I thought I would. Last gen I didn't care because the 360 was Hi-def and the original wasn't.

Now, i have a ton of unfinished games on the 360 that I'd like to still play and wish I could do it on one console.

Oh well
HDMI passthru.
Am I to assume this means that the HDMI from the 360 goes into the Xbone?
Yes.

Had my best night with the XB1 last night.

Though it's hard to explain, there is something really gratifying about being able to slip in and out of the a game on TV and the video game you're playing. This feature is HUGE for me. I don't have to switch between remotes, wait for macros to deliver and switch inputs ...it's all there and it runs so smoothly. Going between DEN/SD and Ryse Son of Rome, sometimes PIPing both. Great experience.

Also, I fixed the problems I had with black levels through the HDMI Passthrough. There was an option on my Samsung plasma that says 'HDMI Black Output' I changed it from Normal to Low and just like that, the black levels were back to normal and the cloudy picture went away.
this feature i would definitely like

I purchased Forza 5 on disc and have been playing it since launch, but I really wish I bought the digital download version.

Question: Can I buy the digital version without losing my game save? I couldn't find the option to buy it in the "Store". It only gives me the option to play.

TIA

Took my Xbox One of the box Saturday and got everything hooked up. Put in Dead Rising 3 and it sounded like you put it through shredder. Took a quick look online and apparently this has been a major problem since the launch. :sadbanana:

They said they would ship me a new one in 2-4 business days, and gave me a code to download a free game, but this is still disappointing.

Warsteinner said:
Took my Xbox One of the box Saturday and got everything hooked up. Put in Dead Rising 3 and it sounded like you put it through shredder. Took a quick look online and apparently this has been a major problem since the launch. :sadbanana:

They said they would ship me a new one in 2-4 business days, and gave me a code to download a free game, but this is still disappointing.
Better to have found out now than on Christmas day.

Warsteinner said:

Better to have found out now than on Christmas day.
Yeah and you get a free game out of it. Certainly disappointing to have to deal with it though I'll give you that. I made sure to try out a Blu-Ray in mine the other day to make sure the optical drive was OK just in case.

So we got this for our kids for Christmas, and with reports of bad drives I had to take it out plug it in and test it. Really like the new controller and what I saw of the dashboard, albeit it was very short in duration of playing around with it. Can't wait till Christmas now......

Kids loved getting the XB1, were really surprised. Played a lot of today before and after family arrived and left.

For me the positives are:

Interface - really like the new interface, very clean. I haven't found it difficult to find anything or change any settings

Kinect - the picture the camera takes is very nice now. Voice commands are great, work very very well. Gamer recognition is also excellent.

Controllers - love the new sticks, d-Pad and the rumble triggers. Minor tweaks to the old controller make a huge improvement.

The only negative:

Having to install games - can make the initial game load very painful. Put Ryse in and have a 3GB patch and have to install it. Easy 30 minutes until I can play. Same with all the games we have played today, most have a 250MB+ patch to install plus the game install.

Wife got me one for xmas. Was planning on waiting quite a while, but yet, here I am. :confetti:
I like it, AC IV looks great and Ryse is amazing. Only issue I have is with Lego Marvel Superheroes, it freaks out with multiple people signed in at once.

SOOOOOOO, I have to pay to use netflix through xbox one? WTF! Is there a work around for this money grab?
Been that way for as long as I can remember. Have to be a Live Gold subscriber.... :shrug:
I have never used it before. Why do they charge for something I can get free through the internet? Through ps3 NETFLIX is free correct? What am I missing? Why do they charge to when I am already paying for the internet service and netflix? :confused:

SOOOOOOO, I have to pay to use netflix through xbox one? WTF! Is there a work around for this money grab?
Been that way for as long as I can remember. Have to be a Live Gold subscriber.... :shrug:
I have never used it before. Why do they charge for something I can get free through the internet? Through ps3 NETFLIX is free correct? What am I missing? Why do they charge to when I am already paying for the internet service and netflix? :confused:
No idea, but it's been liked that for as long as I can remember. Don't agree with it but it is what it is.

Ok so how do I go from playing Madden back to TV? What is the command? Voice or controller? I had to turn it off and restart to get back to tv from game play. TIA

My Xbox one is coming in the mail tomorrow. Only playing Bf4 at this point,but feel free to add me.
does it play in the standing position
NOPE
DEALBREAKER ®
Don't know if this is a fishing attempt or not, but here goes... "We don't support vertical orientation; do it at your own risk… it wouldn't be a cooling problem, we just didn't design the drive for vertical. Because it's a slot loading drive, we just didn't design it for both".

SHIZNITTTT said:
Ok so how do I go from playing Madden back to TV? What is the command? Voice or controller? I had to turn it off and restart to get back to tv from game play. TIA
List of Voice Commands
Thanks. You would think that this list would come in the instruction manual?
You can also just ask xbox what you can say. it will list it out for you.
:goodposting: say "xbox select" to see the commands highlighted in green you can say. Also, did you watch the tutorial provided on the console? There are also vids on youtube etc. In general I agree though, MS did a poor job of documenting & explaining some of this stuff.

Also, don't stand the console up, it doesn't work that way.

Sweet mother of MOP logic.

Sweet mother of MOP logic.
It's free to watch netflix on many devices like computers, smart tvs, phones and the PS4, I don't think his surprise at the xbone requiring a subscription to use his subscription is unfounded.

At this point, I think my life's biggest regret might be that I used my former college email (which I no longer have access to) when I created my xbox live account 7 freaking years ago.

Trying to get access to that account for xbox live is worse than breaking into the pentagon. How freaking hard should it be to change the email address on an account? I really don't feel like starting over with a new gamer tag but I'm almost at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread