What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official*** all things Microsoft Xbox One (2 Viewers)

In for Titanfall. Downloaded it this morning before work. Was unable to play the beta as I just upgraded to X1 over the weekend.

Looking forward to playing with you guys.

XBL: HurricaneDweeze

It hasn't shipped yet but order is processed and they took my money.

eta - just got a shipment notification. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants to run through Deadrising 3 with me I have amazed out character. I can help you with some of the game. I also would like to get the achievement for running hero ugh Nightmare that gives you the Mega Man suit with the awesome blaster. PM me.

Anyone able to give me their opinion of NBA2K14?
I've made a couple posts about NBA 2k14 in the general Video Games thread, but my synopsis is that it's a hardcore basketball sim with a steep learning curve. It's incredibly beautiful and deep, but unless you are familiar with the earlier games or have the patience to really dedicate the time to learn the controls and nuances, I'd say it's a pass.

OC Zed said:
I've made a couple posts about NBA 2k14 in the general Video Games thread, but my synopsis is that it's a hardcore basketball sim with a steep learning curve. It's incredibly beautiful and deep, but unless you are familiar with the earlier games or have the patience to really dedicate the time to learn the controls and nuances, I'd say it's a pass.
How is this different then any game? The earlier NBA2K games were 10x the sim this game is. I don't think you can knock a game because you need to learn how to play it.

Yes, if you want to really compete on a high difficulty level you will need to learn to use plays. But you can still just play casually and have a blast.

I respectfully disagree with my GB Zed- Far and away the best basketball game I've ever played.

It probably goes without saying, but if you haven't picked up Titanfall yet, do it!

It's right up there with Halo Reach and Skyrim as my favorite all time games.

I must admit, I'm a little miffed that I'm going to miss out on all this Titanfall goodness but I'm still waiting for the newer/slim/upgraded version. I can buy at least a year playing Dark Souls II.

The only thing that will change my mind is a good Gears of War or Dark Souls III.

OC Zed said:
How is this different then any game?The earlier NBA2K games were 10x the sim this game is. I don't think you can knock a game because you need to learn how to play it.

Yes, if you want to really compete on a high difficulty level you will need to learn to use plays. But you can still just play casually and have a blast.

I respectfully disagree with my GB Zed- Far and away the best basketball game I've ever played.
:shrug:

I feel like I can pick up most other games and still do OK on the basic settings right off the bat. Here, I'm getting blown out by 30 consistently. Maybe your experience with the prior NBA2k games has really helped you with this one? This was the first time I've played any in the series.

I do think it's a phenomenal game... I just think you need to put some time into it to really appreciate it which I don't really have now, unfortunately.*

*The street game version is a bit more novice-friendly, I guess.

OC Zed said:
How is this different then any game?The earlier NBA2K games were 10x the sim this game is. I don't think you can knock a game because you need to learn how to play it.

I feel like I can pick up most other games and still do OK on the basic settings right off the bat. Here, I'm getting blown out by 30 consistently. Maybe your experience with the prior NBA2k games has really helped you with this one? This was the first time I've played any in the series.

I do think it's a phenomenal game... I just think you need to put some time into it to really appreciate it which I don't really have now, unfortunately.*

13 was like this for me too. It's not a user friendly game, period. But it is a fantastic basketball sim if you can get even competent with the controls.

OC Zed said:

Played this game recently over a friend's place. First time I've played any basketball game since NBA Jam. After 3 games on basic settings against the AI, all were pretty close and I won 2 of the 3. Seemed spot on with difficulty/controls. :shrug:

OC Zed said:

Played this game recently over a friend's place. First time I've played any basketball game since NBA Jam. After 3 games on basic settings against the AI, all were pretty close and I won 2 of the 3. Seemed spot on with difficulty/controls. :shrug:
I've had difficulty with almost everything in the game (even when trying to conscious of making good shooting decisions), but I really struggle on the defensive end. I can't stop anyone.

Plants Vs Zombies free DLC content is coming tomorrow:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/17/5509836/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-garden-variety-dlc-offers-new-map

Central to the update is Chomp Town, a small 8v8 urban map that's reminiscent of hardcore shooter downtown arenas, in which fast-paced, close-quarter combat is the norm, and death comes often and from every direction.

Chomp Town is just as colorful as the rest of Garden Warfare's wacky world of goofy zombies and warmongering plantlife. Multi-level restaurants and shops sit close by graffiti-sprayed back alleys, with tons of sharp corners and run-routes between open killing arenas.

The map has been designed around a new mode called Gnome Bomb. It's an Obliteration-like game in which each side seeks to secure a bomb (strapped to the back of a hapless gnome) and detonate the device at bases. This encourages an ever-shifting locus of intense combat surrounded by mini-battles, as each side, zombies and plants, seek to win the upper hand.

Some of the standard modes, available in the game's other eight maps, can be played in Chomp Town, including Team Vanquish. For the moment, there are no microtransactions in Garden Warfare, although a spokesperson for publisher EA said a plan is being considered.

A phalanx of unlockable new powers available to all classes is also being unveiled. Each class gets three new powers, which are generally more intense versions of their standard abilities. On the whole, weapons, defenses and movement bonuses become more effective but at the cost of instability, charge-up times and longevity.

Playing the game, it's fairly obvious that many players are going to make this trade-off, once they unlock the upgrades. A rocket-launcher that fires three missiles is better than a rocket launcher that fires one, even if you have to wait a little longer for a reload.

Some of the upgrades are much less useful, but they fit in with the general charm of this world. Sunflower's healing beam can now be rendered in rainbow hues, which is just as it should be. There is also a collection of new costumes and accessories for each of the characters.

"This DLC offers a lot of new gameplay," said Lindley. "These layers affect teamplay and strategy while giving players tons of new ways to customize their characters." Correction: An earlier version of this story incorrectly stated that Polygon scored Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 7.5. The score was 8.5.

Well, after months of me carefully analyzing which system to choose, my wife sua sponte picked up the XB1 titanfall bundle for me at Target. Guess that made the decision easy. Looking forward to giving this a spin later today.

Well, after months of me carefully analyzing which system to choose, my wife sua sponte picked up the XB1 titanfall bundle for me at Target. Guess that made the decision easy. Looking forward to giving this a spin later today.
Good call! You're gonna love it.

Fair warning... they don't pre-load Titanfall and it took me a few hours to DL it last night, so I didn't even get to play.

So when I want to snap TV to the side, and keep doing stuff in the other part of the screen... how do I control the other side? I kept saying "snap TV" and it would snap, but my controls would only be on the TV side. Didn't understand it.

Fair warning... they don't pre-load Titanfall and it took me a few hours to DL it last night, so I didn't even get to play.
Thanks for the warning. I'll make sure to get that started ASAP.

So when I want to snap TV to the side, and keep doing stuff in the other part of the screen... how do I control the other side? I kept saying "snap TV" and it would snap, but my controls would only be on the TV side. Didn't understand it.
Double tap the xbox button to switch control between the snapped app and the main app.

madshot31 said:
dude said:
It hasn't shipped yet but order is processed and they took my money.

eta - just got a shipment notification. :thumbup:
I'm so jelly
In if moobin is in....
picked this up and BF4...im back!
Welcome back dude!
duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!!!!!!!
whens gow4 coming out?
Probably holiday next year would be my guess. Epic sold Gears IP to Microsoft and they rehired the lead directer Fergusion(sp?) from Gears 1/2/3 to lead a unknown project they started about a week after they announced the buying of the IP...

Played against a 10th gen level 50 yesterday. He opened already in a Titan. Took me 6 lives but I rodeoed him then killed him with arc grenades since we were in a hallway. Took him 2 rematch cards to get me back after ruining his fun. Good times.

Played against a 10th gen level 50 yesterday. He opened already in a Titan. Took me 6 lives but I rodeoed him then killed him with arc grenades since we were in a hallway. Took him 2 rematch cards to get me back after ruining his fun. Good times.
Should we just start a Titanfall thread to set up some XBL play dates?

I played like 3 games last night. It is pretty fun, but there's a lot to take in as a noob.

I'll send you an invite this weekend dude.

I played like 3 games last night. It is pretty fun, but there's a lot to take in as a noob.

it was a lot easier to take in than BF4....after being away from gaming
Yeah, you can just "run around and shoot stuff" without too much trouble. But there's a lot to figure out if you want to be good.

I am terrible in a Titan.

I'll play with you two. I might be able to dominate if you are still newish so can't pass on that opportunity.

Yeah, you can just "run around and shoot stuff" without too much trouble. But there's a lot to figure out if you want to be good.

I tried to play some Titanfall last night when I saw both you and dude on but for some reason the game wasn't able to find a server. Ended up playing some BF4 with some buddies instead. Anyone else have that issue?

I've got the TV running through my XB1 and really, I love it. I'll love it even more when I expand my game library. Being able to instantly switch back and forth, snap the TV to the side, etc., is great.

I've got the TV running through my XB1 and really, I love it. I'll love it even more when I expand my game library. Being able to instantly switch back and forth, snap the TV to the side, etc., is great.
I love it too, except when I am playing a game and my wife will walk in the room and yell "XBox Watch TV"

I tried to play some Titanfall last night when I saw both you and dude on but for some reason the game wasn't able to find a server. Ended up playing some BF4 with some buddies instead. Anyone else have that issue?
That happened to me last night

This is exactly how I play, and I usually manage to be in the upper half of my team (mostly play attrition). Level 41 now.

I use a shotgun (extended mag), cloak, faster power regen, and never stop moving. It's really fun, and this style of play is very viable with the right equipment (if you are going to stay mostly on the ground, you need cloak). I do end up getting creamed when playing against a coordinated team of rooftop snipers, but those guys are few and far between (in attrition, anyway)

Users who are viewing this thread