What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official*** all things Microsoft Xbox One (2 Viewers)

I played like 3 games last night. It is pretty fun, but there's a lot to take in as a noob.

I'll send you an invite this weekend dude.
it was a lot easier to take in than BF4....after being away from gaming
Yeah, you can just "run around and shoot stuff" without too much trouble. But there's a lot to figure out if you want to be good.

I am terrible in a Titan.
This is exactly how I play, and I usually manage to be in the upper half of my team (mostly play attrition). Level 41 now.

I use a shotgun (extended mag), cloak, faster power regen, and never stop moving. It's really fun, and this style of play is very viable with the right equipment (if you are going to stay mostly on the ground, you need cloak). I do end up getting creamed when playing against a coordinated team of rooftop snipers, but those guys are few and far between (in attrition, anyway)
In Hardpoint the x-ray see through walls sensor is much more useful than cloak to nail those guys defending/camping in a corner before going to take an area

Yeah, the Titan server had problems last night until late...

I was dominating in the few games I was in....until I saw the scoreboard

O kills pilots....swore I was killing fools left and right, ####inb bots

Hodor what's your XBL name? Also for you guys that got the Titanfall bundle, did the game come on one of the digital remeption cards that would be resell able on ebay?

Hodor what's your XBL name? Also for you guys that got the Titanfall bundle, did the game come on one of the digital remeption cards that would be resell able on ebay?
Yes, mine came with a code card that you could theoretically re-sell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.

By the way, redeeming cards and codes by sticking the card in front of the camera instead of typing in a 15 digit code is a small thing but very cool nonetheless.

Yes.

By the way, redeeming cards and codes by sticking the card in front of the camera instead of typing in a 15 digit code is a small thing but very cool nonetheless.
indeed, that was my first wow moment

Yeah, the Titan server had problems last night until late...

I was dominating in the few games I was in....until I saw the scoreboard

O kills pilots....swore I was killing fools left and right, ####inb bots
Yeah they give you a false sense of awesomeness

Yes.

Great feature from Big Brother...

So if I shoot the lock off my wallet and buy an Xbox One, it appears my friends list is getting smaller and smaller each day, my current Live subscription transfers over, right?

So if I shoot the lock off my wallet and buy an Xbox One, it appears my friends list is getting smaller and smaller each day, my current Live subscription transfers over, right?
And in case you missed it (previous page of this thread), Wal Mart has the Titanfall bundle for $449.

Jobber said:
Spanky267 said:
And in case you missed it (previous page of this thread), Wal Mart has the Titanfall bundle for $449.
I heard that somewhere... :lol:

Jobber said:
Spanky267 said:
But the link says $499 and the guy at Walmart said it's. $499.

Jobber said:
Spanky267 said:
But the link says $499 and the guy at Walmart said it's. $499.
http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/116536/walmart---microsoft-xbox-one-titanfall-bundle-w-titanfall-game-1-month-xbox-live

I took the plunge and got the bundle as a preorder. 1st impressions of Titanfall are that it is total chaos, and I suck but I like it. Amazed by the people already at high levels racking up pilot kills. Have seen 2 types predominantly so far, jump kick monkeys and speed demon cloakers. Love a lot of things though: everyone gets a titan, cannon fodder bots, points for lots of things like defending hardpoints, hacking turrets, etc. The lifeboat race at the end. Will take a lot of getting used to though.

Loved the scanning of the codes by Kinect, nice touch. Haven't done much voice command stuff yet, little time to play.

Ryse takes FOREVER to install and update. Haven't tried Marvel or Dead Rising 3 yet.

I took the plunge and got the bundle as a preorder. 1st impressions of Titanfall are that it is total chaos, and I suck but I like it. Amazed by the people already at high levels racking up pilot kills. Have seen 2 types predominantly so far, jump kick monkeys and speed demon cloakers. Love a lot of things though: everyone gets a titan, cannon fodder bots, points for lots of things like defending hardpoints, hacking turrets, etc. The lifeboat race at the end. Will take a lot of getting used to though.

Loved the scanning of the codes by Kinect, nice touch. Haven't done much voice command stuff yet, little time to play.

Ryse takes FOREVER to install and update. Haven't tried Marvel or Dead Rising 3 yet.
I think I've made it on the escape ship like 5 times total.

Bought the Titanfall bundle at Best Buy today, they will match Walmart's price. Plus if you buy 2 extra games you get a $15 BB card.

Seems like there are alot of folks that have a grasp on the online play, not me yet.

Amazon now has the bundle for $449 using the code X1AMAZON.

Eta code may be XIAMAZON.

Are there any games where you can play split screen with a guest? After buying Battlefield 4 found out this is not an option to play with another, what's the deal with that. Titanfall is another that will not allow split screen multiplayer.

Are there any games where you can play split screen with a guest? After buying Battlefield 4 found out this is not an option to play with another, what's the deal with that. Titanfall is another that will not allow split screen multiplayer.
Marvel Lego Super Heroes will. I don't know of any others.

Lego games are the only ones I know of right now.

Plants vs Zombies local coop is fun.

I am really digging the snap feature and being able to watch netflix, march madness, or play the xbox 360 through the xbox one while using its features at the same time. I can't see buying another console after this as my main purchase(usually I'm one console per generation) without this feature. Down time in match making is gone forever.

I am really digging the snap feature and being able to watch netflix, march madness, or play the xbox 360 through the xbox one while using its features at the same time. I can't see buying another console after this as my main purchase(usually I'm one console per generation) without this feature. Down time in match making is gone forever.
You could play the 360 through it?

What do you use while matchmaking? Seems like a minute or so is too little a time to get into something on Netflix.

What do you use while matchmaking? Seems like a minute or so is too little a time to get into something on Netflix.
Mostly check up on sports in between rounds but when I play something like minecraft I'll be watching netflix at the same time.

You could play the 360 through it?
Yep, hook the hdmi out from the 360 and put it into the hdmi in on the xbox one, this is the same input that the cable box hdmi cord would go to but I have a splitter. Then just click tv on the xbox one and it will take you to the whatever is in the hdmi input. You need to have both consoles since it's not backwards comparable but i like having the additions of the xbox one while playing the 360.

There was something in this thread about having to use the high speed hdmi cable that came with XB either on the cable box to XB connection, or the XB to TV connection. Anyone know which?

been playing titanfall for about a week, i think this is the first multiplayer shooter i've played since halo 2. i'm slowly getting better but i tend to get slaughtered pilot vs pilot

been playing titanfall for about a week, i think this is the first multiplayer shooter i've played since halo 2. i'm slowly getting better but i tend to get slaughtered pilot vs pilot
I had a hard time until I got weapons and mods that fit my play style better. Also remember this is a game you have to keep moving in. If you stop for long you will die.

Also, remember to use you burn cards.

The shotgun makes life easier for non-twitch players.

thecatch said:
There was something in this thread about having to use the high speed hdmi cable that came with XB either on the cable box to XB connection, or the XB to TV connection. Anyone know which?
I have an old hdmi cord and the new one to make my xbox 360 work with the xbox one and my tv and have no problems so far.

thanks, I've been trying to use the shotgun when i can count on fighting indoors and switching to the carbine when i have to be at longer range. i need to pay better attention to my burn cards, i always forget about those

Does anyone use the smart pistol? I am terrible at aiming, so I thought this would be great for me. It's taking me forever though to grind my way up to the accelerated target locking upgrade.

I have an old hdmi cord and the new one to make my xbox 360 work with the xbox one and my tv and have no problems so far.
IIRC, the cord he is referring to prevents any signal degradation others have experienced when they used a regular HDMI cable to run their TV through the XB1.

Amazon now has the Xbox One Forza bundle for $399 when you use the XIAMAZON code!
Just a guess really, but I'm expecting a price cut at E3 this year. Several retailers have been offering "soft" price cuts for a while now, and Microsoft itself has done some discounting in the UK too. I didn't think there was much chance of seeing any price cuts in 2014, but I underestimated how much of Microsoft's market strategy revolves around being the sales leader as opposed to "just" strong #2. The XB1 is selling really well by historical standards even at its current price point, but it's hard to negotiate any sort of exclusivity deals if you're not in first place.

Via Major Nelson
http://majornelson.com/2014/03/25/th...tore-deals-11/

CoD: Ghosts (XBO) - 33% off
Thief (XBO) - 50% off
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition (XBO) - 50% off
CoD: Ghosts Hardened Ed. (XBO) - 20% off

Also some solid Xbox 360 deals:
BioShock Infinite - Games on Demand - 67%
BioShock Infinite – Burial at Sea Episode 1 Add-On - 50%
BioShock Infinite – Clash in the Clouds Add-On - 50%
BioShock Infinite - Columbia’s Finest Pack Add-On - 50%
BioShock - Games on Demand - 75%
BioShock 2 - Games on Demand - 75%
The Walking Dead Survival Instinct - Games on Demand - 75%
NBA 2K14 - Games on Demand - 50%
Thief* - Games on Demand - 50%
Tomb Raider* - Games on Demand - 50%
Call of Duty: Ghosts* Games on Demand - 33%

*Discounts on these games are valid from 28 March 2014 through 30 March 2014.

Xbox Fitness is a really cool app that I am definitely going to test out more. Great for gold members with the free fitness videos.

IvanKaramazov said:
Jobber said:
Amazon now has the Xbox One Forza bundle for $399 when you use the XIAMAZON code!
Just a guess really, but I'm expecting a price cut at E3 this year. Several retailers have been offering "soft" price cuts for a while now, and Microsoft itself has done some discounting in the UK too. I didn't think there was much chance of seeing any price cuts in 2014, but I underestimated how much of Microsoft's market strategy revolves around being the sales leader as opposed to "just" strong #2. The XB1 is selling really well by historical standards even at its current price point, but it's hard to negotiate any sort of exclusivity deals if you're not in first place.
MS seems intent on being #1 - even if it means strongly discounting the system. The X1 is now effectively cheaper than the PS4.

Users who are viewing this thread