What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official*** all things Microsoft Xbox One (3 Viewers)

Finally booted up titanfall. Seems like a COD/Halo hybrid with mechs thrown in. Had fun with my first match but I haven't had a OMG wow moment yet. (The coolest moment of the evening was saying "Xbox on - go to titanfall" and having the Xbox start up and launch the game with no physical input - that just seemed neat to me.)

Having other players talking over the pre mission briefing was super annoying though. Unfortunately it looks like you'll have to mute everyone right away.

Finally booted up titanfall. Seems like a COD/Halo hybrid with mechs thrown in. Had fun with my first match but I haven't had a OMG wow moment yet. (The coolest moment of the evening was saying "Xbox on - go to titanfall" and having the Xbox start up and launch the game with no physical input - that just seemed neat to me.)

Having other players talking over the pre mission briefing was super annoying though. Unfortunately it looks like you'll have to mute everyone right away.
Wait until you are a little better. When I first starter it I was like warm about the game. About 5-10 hours later when I had a solid grasp of how titans work and how to parkour everywhere while leaping Titan to Titan and killing things in massive explosions. It hits you. This is pretty sweet.

Wait until you are a little better. When I first starter it I was like warm about the game. About 5-10 hours later when I had a solid grasp of how titans work and how to parkour everywhere while leaping Titan to Titan and killing things in massive explosions. It hits you. This is pretty sweet.
Yep, loving this game....it's getting addictive

One of the things I really like about Titanfall is the meta games within the game, similar to what Gears of War brings to the table.

Had a great one the other night where a guy rodeo'd my titan, so I jumped out. He saw me get out and jumped off, so I got back in my titan. He saw that and rodeo'd my titan again as I was getting back in, however this little back and forth gave me enough time for my cluster missile to recharge which I then fired at my feet, which did some damage to my titan but killed the pilot rodeo'ing me.

These little mini-battles that have a little mini-strategy within the encounter are so much better than Call of Duty's "if I see you first you're dead" gameplay.

Another good mini-tactic that comes up sometimes is if you're getting shot at from behind just as you're going through a doorway, jump up and wall hang above the inside of the doorway as you go through it. Then when the pilot who was shooting you runs through it to chase, drop behind them and take them out.

I found that when you're in a Titan and want to get out, you should first squat. This lets you disembark much faster.

One of the things I really like about Titanfall is the meta games within the game, similar to what Gears of War brings to the table.

Had a great one the other night where a guy rodeo'd my titan, so I jumped out. He saw me get out and jumped off, so I got back in my titan. He saw that and rodeo'd my titan again as I was getting back in, however this little back and forth gave me enough time for my cluster missile to recharge which I then fired at my feet, which did some damage to my titan but killed the pilot rodeo'ing me.

These little mini-battles that have a little mini-strategy within the encounter are so much better than Call of Duty's "if I see you first you're dead" gameplay.

Another good mini-tactic that comes up sometimes is if you're getting shot at from behind just as you're going through a doorway, jump up and wall hang above the inside of the doorway as you go through it. Then when the pilot who was shooting you runs through it to chase, drop behind them and take them out.
: thumbup:

Between the meta games like you said and the parkour(movement system) I get a vibe only Gears provides in terms of strategy. COD never gets close to that for me and Battlefield can rarely but it's more point shoot. I had a moment the other night I wish I would of remember to records after the fact but couldn't think of the words. I rodeod two titans hoping from one to the other as killing a sniper on a rooftop while floating through the air. Jumped off of the last exploding Titan and wall ran and parkoured up a building as I dropped my Titan on the first guy who was coming back for revenge. All this while not touching the ground. I hated the jet pack in halo reach but this parkour dynamic was implemented so well it's just ...perfect, and counterable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Between the meta games like you said and the parkour(movement system) I get a vibe only Gears provides in terms of strategy. COD never gets close to that for me and Battlefield can rarely but it's more point shoot. I had a moment the other night I wish I would of remember to records after the fact but couldn't think of the words. I rodeod two titans hoping from one to the other as killing a sniper on a rooftop while floating through the air. Jumped off of the last exploding Titan and wall ran and parkoured up a building as I dropped my Titan on the first guy who was coming back for revenge. All this while not touching the ground. I hated the jet pack in halo reach but this parkour dynamic was implemented so well it's just ...perfect, and counterable.
Next time yell " XBOX, record that !" And we can watch all that goodness.

You buying this or what?

Xbox Fitness is a really cool app that I am definitely going to test out more. Great for gold members with the free fitness videos.
I totally agree - I don't know why MS isn't doing more to market this feature, particularly due to the fact that they are trying to make the XB1 a full-service family unit.

The chatter - in game or lobby - has been pretty minimal from what I've seen. I sort of wish there was more in-game talk like the early days of COD which made coordinated team play a lot more fun.

You buying this or what?
Pretty soon I have to pay for summer camp for both girls which runs more a week then the XBoxOne costs. That's 6 weeks at $600

Then I have to plan for a weeks vacation at the beach. $2k

Trip to Disney world in the fall will cost god knows what.

On top of all that I'm putting in a new kitchen and master bathroom this summer.

I really wanna run with you guys in Titanfall but I'm strapped for cash ATM.

Really depends a lot of what my August bonus is.

You buying this or what?
Pretty soon I have to pay for summer camp for both girls which runs more a week then the XBoxOne costs. That's 6 weeks at $600

On top of all that I'm putting in a new kitchen and master bathroom this summer.

Yup you need to get this imo

JerseyToughGuys said:
what's the shelf life on Titanfall? Is this something people are going to be playing 9 months out?
There should be a ton of people playing it until probably the next Halo. Destiny could syphon off some as well, if it's multiplayer is good.

OC Zed said:
Xbox Fitness is a really cool app that I am definitely going to test out more. Great for gold members with the free fitness videos.
I totally agree - I don't know why MS isn't doing more to market this feature, particularly due to the fact that they are trying to make the XB1 a full-service family unit.
I know. I discovered it by just wandering around the interface and then told my girlfriend who now thinks its one of the best things on the xbox one besides the voice controls. I can see it being a huge hit with traditionally non gamers that want some great workout programs that wouldn't look at the one as a media hub.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

You buying this or what?

Well good luck and I hope you get it, but if not its all good. If you have any drywall questions when renovating shoot me a PM.

JerseyToughGuys said:
what's the shelf life on Titanfall? Is this something people are going to be playing 9 months out?
There should be a ton of people playing it until probably the next Halo. Destiny could syphon off some as well, if it's multiplayer is good.
IMO its better than Halo and will only lose the Halo specific crowd to the next installment. The game is weirdly successful at allowing new players(people who aren't good or don't play fps much) to do decent while still letting strategic play and skill prevail much of the time. And most important, there hasn't been any occasions for me where its just BS lag/rubberbanding/invincible people.

STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

You buying this or what?

Well good luck and I hope you get it, but if not its all good. If you have any drywall questions when renovating shoot me a PM.

JerseyToughGuys said:
IMO its better than Halo and will only lose the Halo specific crowd to the next installment. The game is weirdly successful at allowing new players(people who aren't good or don't play fps much) to do decent while still letting strategic play and skill prevail much of the time. And most important, there hasn't been any occasions for me where its just BS lag/rubberbanding/invincible people.
Yea, this is exactly what drew me in. My first few games, I feasted on minions, and still helped the team. It allowed me to enjoy the game while slowly getting better.

MLB.TV app is out. It didn't recognize my account as a premium account so I had to keep trying to log in. Then it gave me a 30 minute timeout for excessive usage.

One thing I don't like about Titanfall and well just about every shooter known to man. I will gladly wait an extra 20 seconds to join a game that is in the matchmaking process than one with one other person on my team that is getting ##### slapped versus a full squad. COD, Battlefiend, they all do this and it makes sense to repopulate their games, but at least provide the people a choice instead of making them join up versus whole teams. This is only a problem when you play solo or with two people because with 3+ usually it waits to find a game that a different group left to slap you into to. If one side ever gets a 2:1 man advantage(real people not score) in a game just have the larger side auto win and place it back in match making instantly, problem solved.

One thing I don't like about Titanfall and well just about every shooter known to man. I will gladly wait an extra 20 seconds to join a game that is in the matchmaking process than one with one other person on my team that is getting ##### slapped versus a full squad. COD, Battlefiend, they all do this and it makes sense to repopulate their games, but at least provide the people a choice instead of making them join up versus whole teams. This is only a problem when you play solo or with two people because with 3+ usually it waits to find a game that a different group left to slap you into to. If one side ever gets a 2:1 man advantage(real people not score) in a game just have the larger side auto win and place it back in match making instantly, problem solved.
Mercenary playlist

Private lobbies

New game modes

Are there any games where you can play split screen with a guest? After buying Battlefield 4 found out this is not an option to play with another, what's the deal with that. Titanfall is another that will not allow split screen multiplayer.
Plants vs Zombies local coop is fun.
Have Plants vs Zombies but cant find out how or if you can have a guest play split screen online multiplayer with you not just co-op. Can anyone confirm if this can be done.

Or do you have to have 2 live accounts to play split screen multiplayer or is that possible? Was hoping you and a guest could playonline multiplayer together like games in the xbox 360.

I've been having some issues the last few days. For one, I can't get to the app store to download mlb.com. Everything else seems to work. Anyone have any ideas?

Right now there are alot of people ####ting themselves that HBOgo isn't on this thing. I had to bring my 360 out of mothball.

Couple interesting things coming down the pike - MS is now developing DX12, a move that will double graphics performance on the Xbone and allow it to (evidently) readily hit 1080p, bringing it on par with the PS4 there. Too bad it wasn't there at launch - all the #### measuring contests would have been moot and the valuation would have been on software, which is where it really should be, anyway. Cool stuff.

culdeus said:
I've been having some issues the last few days. For one, I can't get to the app store to download mlb.com. Everything else seems to work. Anyone have any ideas?
I had to reset back to default. No idea why. Fixed it.
Deleting and reinstall a app has worked for me on xbox fotness and netflixs. Also for anyone with strict nat type when they previously has a open nat on the 360, put your system in energy saver mode. This makes it so you can't use the xbox on feature and it takes about 30 seconds to boot up instead of being instant. Apparently the instant on because it is in sleep mode that the xbox uses plays havoc with people's routers universal plug and play settings, which cause the strict nat. This worked for our xboxs and helped with most connection issues. Aka dead rising 3 has been a blast in coop.

Couple interesting things coming down the pike - MS is now developing DX12, a move that will double graphics performance on the Xbone and allow it to (evidently) readily hit 1080p, bringing it on par with the PS4 there. Too bad it wasn't there at launch - all the #### measuring contests would have been moot and the valuation would have been on software, which is where it really should be, anyway. Cool stuff.
Microsoft has been on fire as of late with their news and updates. Really as others have said, I think they originally planned to release the Xbox One now, and not in November, 2013. But they didn't want Sony to have a 6+ month lead.

Cas in point, I saw today that starting tomorrow, you can upload your game captures directly to Youtube...http://news.xbox.com/2014/04/ent-gopro-on-xbox-360

Plasma Railgun is money if you're playing Last Titan Standing. I've never been taken down when using that, and that's equipped with the weaker Stryder. Of course, your mileage may vary and I've always stayed in a group of 2 or more, but I can take out a Titan in 3-4 charges with that thing.

the new quad rocket with a strider dominates
Does the rocket do more damage or go faster?
http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-patch-update-two

Titan Quad Rocket mag size change – During development, there was a time when the Quad Rocket was too powerful. We made a lot of changes to pull it back before shipping (lessened the screen shake impact, lessened the duration of the first person impact FX, lowered the magazine size, pulled the damage back, etc.) It currently can struggle against other Titan weapons and going back to the 5/6 (default/extended mag) magazine sizes helps balance the weapon and allows players to miss a few shots and still be effective. It was 4/5, now its 5/6.

Titan Quad Rocket damage vs Titan shields – It was taking too long to drop a Titans shields with the Quad Rocket (5 shots). This meant you had to reload before you could even drop an enemy Titan’s shields. This was the only Titan weapon that had this issue. We’ve now upped the damage against Titan shields so that it can drop a shield with 4 shots. Combined with the increased mag size, this damage increase effectively gives you one more volley in the mag to deal serious direct hull damage.
Titan

the new quad rocket with a strider dominates
Hmm...I dunno. Cluster bombs are my fave. Filling a room with bombs resulting in taking out multiple pilots and a host of grunts is exhilerating.
triple threat was my previous favorite, i'm decent with the chaingun, I can't hit anything but a titan with the 40 mm, and haven't used the arc cannon or railgun much at all

A rumor (but pretty much confirmed by insiders) is making its way around that Microsoft will be releasing Halo: The Master Chief Collection this year. Huge news for us Halo fans :cool:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/05/16/h...ef-collection/

Master Chief is getting a facelift with an HD collection of his exploits. We've learned that Halo: Combat Evolved, Halo 2, Halo 3 and Halo 4 are being collected in a Master Chief-focused HD remaster coming from Microsoft. Our sources say that the set will zero in on Halo's most famous soldier to refresh audience's memories ahead of Halo 5's release, so curiosities like Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach likely won't be a part of the package. The game's developer is unknown at this point, but considering that Saber Interactive handled Combat Evolved Anniversary and is also working on an unannounced Xbox One project, the team is a likely suspect. Also unclear are plans for digital distribution, resolution and frame-rate (Microsoft bragged that will run at the next Halo will run at a "blistering" 60fps), piecemeal releases, or if the games will surface on other platforms as well (PC, anyone?).

Microsoft has gone on record saying that it would love to have Halo release more than once every three years. Its used different developers to fill that task since, but we're still pushing two years since Halo 4 launched. To commemorate the first game's tenth birthday, Microsoft released Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary for the Xbox 360, which served as a stop-gap for the 343 Industries-developed Halo 4; there's precedent for this sort of thing. This remake makes a lot of sense for Redmond for a couple of different reasons: it satisfies the more-frequent release desire and it helps fans get caught up on the story. It also gives them the chance to re-experience some of the best console shooters with better looks and sound -- everyone wins!

June Xbox One Update includes external HDD support. This great, especially since I'm low on space, and Games with Gold on X1 starts in June - which can fill up your drive fast.

http://majornelson.com/2014/05/21/external-storage-real-names-and-more-coming-with-xbox-one-system-update-in-june/?linkId=8289115

Easily Increase Games Capacity with External Storage Support
It couldn’t be easier to increase your storage capacity of games and apps with the external storage support features we’re bringing in June. Your Xbox One system will soon support up to two external hard drives at once. Simply plug in your 256 GB or larger USB 3.0 external hard drive and once formatted, copy and move games, apps and game add-ons to increase your storage capacity at home.

This is also a great way to take your content to a friend’s house and get straight into a game directly from an external drive. You’ll need to sign in to Xbox Live if you’ve purchased your content digitally or insert a disc to verify your game ownership when you take your content on the road. The great benefit here is there’s no need to wait to re-download your game and all the DLC. With external storage support in June, you can also choose to copy full games and all of the associated content in one easy step.

Users who are viewing this thread