What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official*** all things Microsoft Xbox One (1 Viewer)

Does anyone have issues running their cable box or direct tv box through the xbox? I run mine through and the sound is slightly behind, it looks like old kung foo movies when people talk. Not quite as bad but thats the general idea.

Does anyone have issues running their cable box or direct tv box through the xbox? I run mine through and the sound is slightly behind, it looks like old kung foo movies when people talk. Not quite as bad but thats the general idea.
It's pretty normal. AV Receivers typically have delays you can set for that specific issue. Not sure if the One has that ability or not though.

No issues running my Tivo through it.

There was some discussion of people having problems if they weren't using the cables that came with the xbox earlier in the thread.

There was some discussion of people having problems if they weren't using the cables that came with the xbox earlier in the thread.
That makes sense. I use the cable provided. I thought the cable provide was simply one of the new high speed hdmi cables.

That makes sense. I use the cable provided. I thought the cable provide was simply one of the new high speed hdmi cables.
Re-read his reply again.

I am using the cables. I just tried it again, went through all the settings again and it seems to be OK as of right now. I hadnt tried it for a long time, different TV now, maybe it was the old TV who knows. So far so good right now. Thanks for the replies.

how can i watch something from my computer on the xbox one....

where is the arcade on the xbox one....
i think they just released usb support for media, there is also playTo but that always seems complicated. they've announced they're working on adding DLNA support but that's not out yet

All the games are sold from the same place, i don't think they have a separate arcade section

i found pinball fx2 and happily amazed that a bunch of tables i downloaded on the 360 are free to me on the xbone.....

ok, guys, I have a couple of questions:

We have an X-Box 360, with about a dozen games or so (a few Call of Duty/Modern Warfare games, Skyrim, Oblivion, Portal 2, a bunch of konnect games), but the disk drive broke beyond repair (i.e., I tried to repare it and essentially destroyed it). That means we can't play any of our 360 games on it other than the one or two games we purchased directly to the hard drive (Call of Duty 2). So that's all me and my son have been playing.

So our delema:

Do we buy an X-Box One, or get a new (or used) 360. Please please chime in with your thoughts.

My son and I went to Best Buy last night and dropped close to $500 on an X-Box One, a second controler, and Destiny. But when we got home and saw all the useless 360 games that we won't be able to use anymore, he was like, "maybe we should have just gotten a new 360. We left the One in its packaging to think about maybe changing our minds.

Help me FBG, you're our only hope.

We have an X-Box 360, with about a dozen games or so (a few Call of Duty/Modern Warfare games, Skyrim, Oblivion, Portal 2, a bunch of konnect games), but the disk drive broke beyond repair (i.e., I tried to repare it and essentially destroyed it). That means we can't play any of our 360 games on it other than the one or two games we purchased directly to the hard drive (Call of Duty 2). So that's all me and my son have been playing.

So our delema:

Do we buy an X-Box One, or get a new (or used) 360. Please please chime in with your thoughts.

My son and I went to Best Buy last night and dropped close to $500 on an X-Box One, a second controler, and Destiny. But when we got home and saw all the useless 360 games that we won't be able to use anymore, he was like, "maybe we should have just gotten a new 360. We left the One in its packaging to think about maybe changing our minds.

Keep the Xbox One.

- Halo MCC is releasing in just over a month (includes Halo 5 beta starting in I think December).

- Sign up for EA Access for $30 for the year. You get along with this subscription (http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/)...

Peggle 2, Madden 24, BattleField 4, FIFA 14, Need for Speed Rivals

Basically 5 games for $30. They add new games to this vault once in a while.

- Buy this replacment Xbox 360 HDD off of Amazon. I ordered mine in May and it works perfectly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FHL56S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So really, for an additional $75 or so, you've got your 360 back, and have the new gen console to boot.

So our delema:

Keep the Xbox One.

- Halo MCC is releasing in just over a month (includes Halo 5 beta starting in I think December).

- Sign up for EA Access for $30 for the year. You get along with this subscription (http://www.ea.com/eaaccess/)...

- Buy this replacment Xbox 360 HDD off of Amazon. I ordered mine in May and it works perfectly: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FHL56S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

So really, for an additional $75 or so, you've got your 360 back, and have the new gen console to boot.
The replacement HDD does nothing for him, since it's the DVD drive that he needs repaired.

So our delema:

Keep the Xbox One.

The replacement HDD does nothing for him, since it's the DVD drive that he needs repaired.
Right. I absolutely DESTROYED mine trying to fix it. Took apart the 360, took out the Disc player, "fixed it," then put it back together. Effing disaster. My dad was visiting. "what, you can't fix a little problem with your game? How hard can it be?" Sure, dad. The two of us were up to 2am trying to put that piece of crap together. The whole console almost made it's way through my front window at 70mph at one point.

Anyway, I guess a solution would be to go on Craigslist and buy a used 360 for days when my son is feeling like messing around with his old games (he was really jonesing for some Skyrim the other day). Or, if one of you upgraders want to find a home for your old 360, message me.

But I think I'm going to keep the XB1. That's the consensus, here, right? There are going to be more games coming out, correct? I may return the one I got last night ($399 for game, plus $59 for Destiny, plus $59 for extra controler), and see if I can get a better deal. But part of me is like "Eff it," and just want to keep it.

Any other thoughts out there from the Xbox community?

So our delema:

Keep the Xbox One.

Right. I absolutely DESTROYED mine trying to fix it. Took apart the 360, took out the Disc player, "fixed it," then put it back together. Effing disaster. My dad was visiting. "what, you can't fix a little problem with your game? How hard can it be?" Sure, dad. The two of us were up to 2am trying to put that piece of crap together. The whole console almost made it's way through my front window at 70mph at one point.

Anyway, I guess a solution would be to go on Craigslist and buy a used 360 for days when my son is feeling like messing around with his old games (he was really jonesing for some Skyrim the other day). Or, if one of you upgraders want to find a home for your old 360, message me.

But I think I'm going to keep the XB1. That's the consensus, here, right? There are going to be more games coming out, correct? I may return the one I got last night ($399 for game, plus $59 for Destiny, plus $59 for extra controler), and see if I can get a better deal. But part of me is like "Eff it," and just want to keep it.

There should be some really good Black Friday deals coming up. Probably similar to some recent deals where you'd get the console + pack in game + extra game of your choice for $399.

So our delema:

Keep the Xbox One.

I'd definitely keep it and buy a cheap 360.

I use both consoles now, but every new game is the XB1 version, and playing the graphically superior version isn't a drawback at all.

I'd probably not return it - yea, you might save $50-$75 come black Friday, but that's not enough $$ to make me go without until then, and also fight crowds. ymmv.

The Halo Master Chief Collection is now up in the store for pre-purchase and download. Such incredible value with this one.

The Halo Master Chief Collection is now up in the store for pre-purchase and download. Such incredible value with this one.
Wish it had Reach in it.
I do too, but still a must-buy.

ETA: Isn't pre-download kind of a waste when there's going to be a 20gb day 1 patch? I still won't be able to play in on launch day :kicksrock:
The update (not a patch per se - see Stinkles' post in this link) installs days before launch.http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=914002&page=5

Last edited by a moderator:
bshell27 said:
I'm ignorant to Halo. Played Halo 4 with some of you, but what is the MCC and why buy it when Nightfall is coming out?
MCC is basically Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Halo 1 is Halo 1 Anniversary, the updated version of Halo 1 released for the 360 a few years back.

Halo 2 gets the anniversary treatment this time around.

Halo 3 and 4 are exactly as they were originally, plus some improved graphical fidelity.

All 4 are combined into one game, with one set of matchmaking. You can play a game of Halo 2 running on the Halo 2 engine with a Halo 2 map, and if the next map to load is a Halo 3 map it will run on the Halo 3 engine. All campaign missions are unlocked by default and you can set up custom campaign lists (IE take me through every vehicle mission across all 4 games).

Basically, it's the 4 original games with some updates but all interfaced together as if it's one game while still maintaining the game engine and physics of each individual game.

ETA: Guardians is Halo 5, a completely new Halo game coming a year later.

Last edited by a moderator:
bshell27 said:
I'm ignorant to Halo. Played Halo 4 with some of you, but what is the MCC and why buy it when Nightfall is coming out?
MCC is basically Halo 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Halo 1 is Halo 1 Anniversary, the updated version of Halo 1 released for the 360 a few years back.

Halo 2 gets the anniversary treatment this time around.

Halo 3 and 4 are exactly as they were originally, plus some improved graphical fidelity.

All 4 are combined into one game, with one set of matchmaking. You can play a game of Halo 2 running on the Halo 2 engine with a Halo 2 map, and if the next map to load is a Halo 3 map it will run on the Halo 3 engine. All campaign missions are unlocked by default and you can set up custom campaign lists (IE take me through every vehicle mission across all 4 games).

Basically, it's the 4 original games with some updates but all interfaced together as if it's one game while still maintaining the game engine and physics of each individual game.

ETA: Guardians is Halo 5, a completely new Halo game coming a year later.
Also, if you buy HMCC, you are part of the Halo 5 beta that starts in December.

I am thinking about picking one up for Christmas and I was seeing the COD bundle coming that has the 1tb drive. Is that overkill for a gaming console or can you see a scenario where you could fill that up?

I am thinking about picking one up for Christmas and I was seeing the COD bundle coming that has the 1tb drive. Is that overkill for a gaming console or can you see a scenario where you could fill that up?
It is definitely not overkill. Think about the original 360 when it launched, it had 20GB. That was enough for the first 5 years or so of it's life but by the end you needed the 100GB+ models if you had any interest in downloading games or DLC.

The new COD game that arrives next month is a 46GB download. A few games like that and you will use your entire 500GB drive. The 1TB is a worthy upgrade.

I have an XB1 and have downloaded the following:

Titanfall

BF4

Fifa 14

Madden25

Need for Speed Rivals

And a bunch of the small games with gold/indy games.

It's really not that much and I'm already at 40-50% capacity. I'd spring for the 1 TB if it's not a big deal.

I'll try this again with the right name. What's the difference between MCC and Guardians? Why buy both?
The problem for you is that you didn't play Halo 2 and 3 in its prime. That's where I got my stripes on FPS.

Playing a match on Halo is very simple and everything is symmetrical. Fight for the power weapons, use the power weapons to control the map and win the game. There's no weapon drops, kill streak rewards or perks.

Teamwork is so much more prevalent than in COD, you have multiple callouts on every map that you have to be sure that you communicate, let your teammates know how much expected health is left if you didn't finish the guy so they can proceed accordingly, etc.

I've already preordered and predownloaded MCC, waiting on the 20gb day one patch now.

Hope you decide to jump in Clawyer, but I can understand if you don't. It's something you had to experience in it's day to really appreciate.

I'm a huge huge Halo fan, but i spent so much time with the first three already. I'm not sure I have much interest in diving back in.

I'll try this again with the right name. What's the difference between MCC and Guardians? Why buy both?
The problem for you is that you didn't play Halo 2 and 3 in its prime. That's where I got my stripes on FPS.

Playing a match on Halo is very simple and everything is symmetrical. Fight for the power weapons, use the power weapons to control the map and win the game. There's no weapon drops, kill streak rewards or perks.

Teamwork is so much more prevalent than in COD, you have multiple callouts on every map that you have to be sure that you communicate, let your teammates know how much expected health is left if you didn't finish the guy so they can proceed accordingly, etc.

I've already preordered and predownloaded MCC, waiting on the 20gb day one patch now.

Hope you decide to jump in Clawyer, but I can understand if you don't. It's something you had to experience in it's day to really appreciate.
God I miss Gears.

The problem for you is that you didn't play Halo 2 and 3 in its prime. That's where I got my stripes on FPS.Playing a match on Halo is very simple and everything is symmetrical. Fight for the power weapons, use the power weapons to control the map and win the game. There's no weapon drops, kill streak rewards or perks.

God I miss Gears.
I'm looking forward to the next reunion tour when they released the next one. Gotta be in development for this winter, right?

God I miss Gears.
I miss the one time I played Gears with you guys.

Gears?

God I miss Gears.
:tebow: I had the same response before seeing yours. Gears 3 is still a great game to go back to now and again. Me to buddy

God I miss Gears.
Me to buddy! I would love to join in on the Halo experience but well....I just suck too damn much at aiming and can't hit headshots at all. I am decent to bad but I never have great aim, and that doesn't work well in Halo. :violin:

God I miss Gears.
Me to buddy! I would love to join in on the Halo experience but well....I just suck too damn much at aiming and can't hit headshots at all. I am decent to bad but I never have great aim, and that doesn't work well in Halo. :violin:
Might as well join in, I think most everyone will be rusty. I know I will, I haven't played in years.

God I miss Gears.
Might as well join in, I think most everyone will be rusty. I know I will, I haven't played in years.
For whatever reason Halo multiplayer hasn't grabbed me ever and I blame it on playing in LAN parties in Halo 1&2. Anything else just doesn't compare to those so nostalgia hurts the online play for me.

God I miss Gears.
For whatever reason Halo multiplayer hasn't grabbed me ever and I blame it on playing in LAN parties in Halo 1&2. Anything else just doesn't compare to those so nostalgia hurts the online play for me.
Well the fact that you experienced LAN parties in 1-2 means you have already hit the pinnacle of gaming.

God I miss Gears.
I cut my teeth playing Halo 1&2 LAN parties as well. Those were great times. We would have 10 people in my buddy's house with five people upstairs and five downstairs (every team always needed a leader/alternate), and the world's longest ethernet cable connecting the two xboxes together. God I was such a geek back in the day. :nerd:

hxperson said:
madshot31 said:
R Dizzle said:
madshot31 said:
R Dizzle said:
Harry Manback said:
R Dizzle said:
bshell27 said:

God I miss Gears.
I cut my teeth playing Halo 1&2 LAN parties as well. Those were great times. We would have 10 people in my buddy's house with five people upstairs and five downstairs (every team always needed a leader/alternate), and the world's longest ethernet cable connecting the two xboxes together. God I was such a geek back in the day. :nerd:
:rolleyes:

hxperson said:
madshot31 said:
R Dizzle said:
madshot31 said:
R Dizzle said:
Harry Manback said:
R Dizzle said:
bshell27 said:

God I miss Gears.
:rolleyes:
well, now I'm only playing an RPG with planet hopping space aliens trying to level up to get the Suros Regime. Way cooler.

I knocked the PS3 for this so I have to complain about it on the X1 too - I sit down to play Ryse this evening, and it tells me I need to DL a 9 (!!!) GB patch. So much for getting some gaming time in tonight.

I knocked the PS3 for this so I have to complain about it on the X1 too - I sit down to play Ryse this evening, and it tells me I need to DL a 9 (!!!) GB patch. So much for getting some gaming time in tonight.
I had my xbox set up on power saver mode where it does a complete shutdown. This week I had the same thing happen for two games and the October update to where I couldn't play for 2 hours, thus the console is now on the auto update for power consumption mode.

Users who are viewing this thread