What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official*** all things Microsoft Xbox One (1 Viewer)

This thing is a POS. So sick of programs (Halo and Netflix) being frozen when I turn it back on because nothing actually shuts down when you leave it plugged in. Awful.
You can change it so when you power it off it actually shuts off instead of going to instant on. Link
Awesome. Taking out the power cord has gotten really old.
It really is a POS how often it crashes though. I don't mind so much at start up, but crashing mid game during loading screens is pretty bad. And of course the Halo MCC launch has been a debacle.

I haven't had a single crash or freeze with the XB1. I've been pretty happy with the hardware. I'm currently having all kinds of fun with the Tomb Raider port though- that game is extremely buggy on the XB1.

I haven't had a single crash or freeze with the XB1. I've been pretty happy with the hardware. I'm currently having all kinds of fun with the Tomb Raider port though- that game is extremely buggy on the XB1.
Perhaps its the games I'm playing. Destiny crashes all the time when I'm in a loading screen and decide to look at my character customization screen. COD Ghosts and Advanced warfare also both have crashed a few times while loading games.

I've had my bone about 2 weeks and haven't had any crashing issues.

HTF though did Microsoft screw up the interface so much? The 360's interface was easy peasy, the bone's, not so much.

HTF though did Microsoft screw up the interface so much? The 360's interface was easy peasy, the bone's, not so much.
Never had the 360, but I don't like the interface much, either. In fact, my biggest frustration is with voice Kinect commands. Is it too much to ask that when the Xbone asks you a yes or no question that you be able to say "Xbox, no" and have it act on that? I'm not asking for HAL, but the learned vocabulary of the system is pitiful.

Other than that, no issues here. Really like the system. Those two items I don't like are niggles and I really like some of the other things it offers.

Never had the 360, but I don't like the interface much, either. In fact, my biggest frustration is with voice Kinect commands. Is it too much to ask that when the Xbone asks you a yes or no question that you be able to say "Xbox, no" and have it act on that? I'm not asking for HAL, but the learned vocabulary of the system is pitiful.

Other than that, no issues here. Really like the system. Those two items I don't like are niggles and I really like some of the other things it offers.
I was over my friends house getting trounced in FIFA 15. The xbox had no issue hearing me say "XBOX TURN OFF!" as my GB scored his 5th goal in the first half.

I was :lmao:

I was over my friends house getting trounced in FIFA 15. The xbox had no issue hearing me say "XBOX TURN OFF!" as my GB scored his 5th goal in the first half.

I was :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao:

hxperson said:
thecatch said:
Perhaps its the games I'm playing. Destiny crashes all the time when I'm in a loading screen and decide to look at my character customization screen. COD Ghosts and Advanced warfare also both have crashed a few times while loading games.
Is your machine overheating by any chance? Are the vents clean and unobstructed?

Last edited by a moderator:
hxperson said:
thecatch said:
Is your machine overheating by any chance? Are the vents clean and unobstructed?
I don't think so. I don't play for such long stretches that would result in overheating. Honestly, none of you have had issues like this? I will get one of either just the game crashing (more common) or my machine crashing (less common) probably once every 2 sessions or so.

Could be the games themselves. Yesterday it was Halo MCC - was in matchmaking and started looking through the menu's and the game closed and booted me into the Xbox home page. Day before, got kicked out mid-game in COD advanced warfare to the Xbox menu as the Xbox restarted the game.

hxperson said:
thecatch said:
I've had some crashing with destiny, more party issues though.

Unable to connect to party chat, in party chat but I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me etc.

Slapdash said:
This thing is a POS. So sick of programs (Halo and Netflix) being frozen when I turn it back on because nothing actually shuts down when you leave it plugged in. Awful.
You could turn off the instant on feature and it will do a full power cycle every time you turn it off and then on.Edit: just learned that when you press the guide button and then scroll to the large tile you were just playing/watching, you can hit start and the. Quit and it will close the program. They need to advertise that way more imo.

hxperson said:
thecatch said:
I've had some crashing with destiny, more party issues though.

Unable to connect to party chat, in party chat but I can't hear the other person and they can't hear me etc.
I've had that too where 3 people are in a party chat but only one person can hear both. Dunno how to fix it other than for one person to restart the Xbox

I've only had one crash since November 2013. That was in Halo MCC when I got put into a B2B match. It rebooted my xbox completely. I've had maybe 3 or 4 times where a game locked up in the last year. All resolved by going to the Home menu and closing out the hung game.

I got a fair amount of crashes too. Lots of party chat issues as well.

The solution is usually to do a full power down (disable instant on or clear mac address, which forces a full restart). This thing is basically windows, it doesn't do well just going into standby every day.

One of the best features is being able to watch others play games. Not only great for watching friends play madden during one leagues, but also checking out brand new games before buying them.

One of the best features is being able to watch others play games. Not only great for watching friends play madden during one leagues, but also checking out brand new games before buying them.
Really? That's pretty sweet
I'm going to end up buying an XB1 just to sit around and watch others play games...
No, you're going to end up buying an XB1 to play Gears with us.
Or GTA V, that came out yesterday.

It's pretty rad.

Will the stats from 360 CoD AW (I bought the disc) transfer over to the X1? Also will I be able to upgrade for free?

Either way, I am taking the plunge within the next week. Looking to get the Forza Kinect bundle, an extra controller, CoD, Halo, and a kiddie game (if available).

My kids have been relentless asking for this. I know they (I) :bag: won't be able to hold out for Xmas..

Really? That's pretty sweet
I'm going to end up buying an XB1 just to sit around and watch others play games...
No, you're going to end up buying an XB1 to play Gears with us.
Or GTA V, that came out yesterday.It's pretty rad.
Remastered?

Set my girlfriends Xbox one up to be my home Xbox, which literally takes loading my gamer tag onto her Xbox, go to settings -> home Xbox -> set as my home Xbox and then log out. Now when I buy a digital game or dlc she gets it as well because the home Xbox is basically applying who gets the system license for the game and then the gamer tag gets a license as well, which I use for my Xbox. This is perfectly legal and they actually recommend it in their Microsoft support for families that play games together. Both copies can be played at the same time due to having different licenses, but obviously the home Xbox needs to use a different Xbox live account. This can be applied both directions also if friends want to alternate buying games.

Set my girlfriends Xbox one up to be my home Xbox, which literally takes loading my gamer tag onto her Xbox, go to settings -> home Xbox -> set as my home Xbox and then log out. Now when I buy a digital game or dlc she gets it as well because the home Xbox is basically applying who gets the system license for the game and then the gamer tag gets a license as well, which I use for my Xbox. This is perfectly legal and they actually recommend it in their Microsoft support for families that play games together. Both copies can be played at the same time due to having different licenses, but obviously the home Xbox needs to use a different Xbox live account. This can be applied both directions also if friends want to alternate buying games.
Yep, guy at the Microsoft store told me to do the same. :thumbup:

Wish we hadn't already double bought like 5 games.

Any recommendations for a game to DL off the store? Swaying towards FIFA, already own GTA/CoD/Assassins Creed/Minecraft/Halo/Destiny. Anything good and obscure? The selection isn't the greatest.

What are you guys doing for memory? I see all of the above games takes up quite a bit. Loving it so far, although, I've spent most of the time installing games.

Any recommendations for a game to DL off the store? Swaying towards FIFA, already own GTA/CoD/Assassins Creed/Minecraft/Halo/Destiny. Anything good and obscure? The selection isn't the greatest.

What are you guys doing for memory? I see all of the above games takes up quite a bit. Loving it so far, although, I've spent most of the time installing games.
D4 is fun, and cheap.

Can someone give me, or point me to, a good primer on the Kinect for xbox one? Santa has already purchased a xbox one, but now he discovers the kids really want Kinect - so before I go through the hassle of returning the xbox and getting a bundle with Kinect, I wanted to find out a little bit about it - what games can they play with it - anything besides the Kinect Sports and Dance something-or-other? I think they have played some games using Kinect on someone else's system, but it was probably a 360 - can any of those games be downloaded and work on the xbox one?

TIA

Can someone give me, or point me to, a good primer on the Kinect for xbox one? Santa has already purchased a xbox one, but now he discovers the kids really want Kinect - so before I go through the hassle of returning the xbox and getting a bundle with Kinect, I wanted to find out a little bit about it - what games can they play with it - anything besides the Kinect Sports and Dance something-or-other? I think they have played some games using Kinect on someone else's system, but it was probably a 360 - can any of those games be downloaded and work on the xbox one?

TIA
Kinect has a sports game, Kinectimals (Animal game), the Dance game and some workout games. There are more but none that are very good.

You can't download or use 360 games on the XBone.

For me the best thing about the Kinect is the voice control and recognizing you.

TIA
Kinect has a sports game, Kinectimals (Animal game), the Dance game and some workout games. There are more but none that are very good.

You can't download or use 360 games on the XBone.

For me the best thing about the Kinect is the voice control and recognizing you.
The best thing for the kinect is the Fantasia game. I hate disney and that game is fantastic, think guitar hero but as a composer with the kinect. I have no clue why they don't advertise the game way more.

Really pisses me off. The one night Halo is working for me and some ##### named Lizard Squad takes down XBL.

I just finished the Russell Wilson workout on Xbox Fitness. They've added a bunch of new workouts since I last logged in to the app a few months ago. It's such a great value-add for the device. Microsoft hasn't done nearly enough to promote it.
I just finished the Russell Wilson workout on Xbox Fitness. They've added a bunch of new workouts since I last logged in to the app a few months ago. It's such a great value-add for the device. Microsoft hasn't done nearly enough to promote it.
I actually gave up on this because of video problems. Seems very laggy and would stop altogether 2 or 3 times per workout. Netflix, youtube, NFL videos all play fine from the same unit and generally streaming video from my other devices is fine also. We should be able to download/cache the videos, but at least have them stream properly. Anyone else have this issue and manage to fix? Google says it's reasonably common.

I actually gave up on this because of video problems. Seems very laggy and would stop altogether 2 or 3 times per workout. Netflix, youtube, NFL videos all play fine from the same unit and generally streaming video from my other devices is fine also. We should be able to download/cache the videos, but at least have them stream properly. Anyone else have this issue and manage to fix? Google says it's reasonably common.
I've never experienced this.

:shrug:

A couple Q's regarding the Halo Master Chief Collection which came bundled with the console I got for my 10 year old son. It is a rated M game, but I've been told by several people that its "not that bad", that I can set the language to PG and that the violence is aliens being killed, not so much humans. He won't be playing online, at least not for a few years. First Q, do other parents believe that is OK? One option is for me to just not download the game, and he can play the other games he's getting - Minecraft, FIFA, Lego stuff.

If we're going to play Halo, and only the in-game levels (not online), can this be a two player game I could play with him? I'm not a gamer and will likely suck at it. Or is this strictly a one-player game?

Any/all advise appreciated tia.

CM

A couple Q's regarding the Halo Master Chief Collection which came bundled with the console I got for my 10 year old son. It is a rated M game, but I've been told by several people that its "not that bad", that I can set the language to PG and that the violence is aliens being killed, not so much humans. He won't be playing online, at least not for a few years. First Q, do other parents believe that is OK? One option is for me to just not download the game, and he can play the other games he's getting - Minecraft, FIFA, Lego stuff.

If we're going to play Halo, and only the in-game levels (not online), can this be a two player game I could play with him? I'm not a gamer and will likely suck at it. Or is this strictly a one-player game?

Any/all advise appreciated tia.

CM
I don't think Halo deserves an "M". Call of Duty or Grand Theft Auto this isn't.

You will see aliens and some fellow soldiers die, granted, but it's not in "head exploding pools of blood" fashion.

And yes, you can play couch-co op / split screen. It's a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread