What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***official*** all things Microsoft Xbox One (1 Viewer)

Koya said:
Have had the One for a while, but never did much with the gaming... trying to get back into it a bit. Should I assume that "Deluxe Edition" means "Take your money for little or no reason"?
Sometimes deluxe includes a season pass which will get you all the DLC, it will sometimes contain extras or upgraded weapons too.

Star Wars just gets you the new maps a week earlier. Never played much Titanfall but I've read it still has a decent community. It's online only. Star Wars is also multiplayer only. The deluxe sports games get you packs of cards or something similar for one of the modes.

Star Wars just gets you the new maps a week earlier. Never played much Titanfall but I've read it still has a decent community. It's online only. Star Wars is also multiplayer only. The deluxe sports games get you packs of cards or something similar for one of the modes.
Thanks, good info. SW is multi and online only? That sucks, royally. I am an old man who hasn't gamed in like 15 years.

Had an undefeated Super Tecmo Bowl Season in college though.

:coffee:

Lowen1 said:
got my 11yr old son Xbox One and some games (Halo, Forza, Minecraft, NHL16). He thinks he needs/wants Kinnect. Are there games that are better with Kinnect? It looks like the games that work with Kinnect are the dance games and the basic sports games, but not many others. What is the verdict on Kinnect? Thanks.
Kinect isn't really worth the money, but our kids use it for talking with friends when they are playing online. I debated getting the kinnect and decided that $100 for that was better than $80 for headsets for them that would probably last a month max.

I need help. I am about to go postal.

I CANNOT play any games on the Xbox 1. Be it disc, or downloaded games I have purchased. It just doesn't work.

All other functions are fine. I can play Blu-Rays, DVDs, my streaming services (WWE Network, Netflix, etc) work fine.

WTF is going on? I am about to throw this through the window and sell 2 kids on Ebay.

Any ideas? (I've done the hard shut down, unplugged the router etc)

ETA: My Kinect is shot as well. No voice control, motion control. Nothing. Everything is properly plugged in. I've re done everything 75,000 times.

Last edited by a moderator:
I need help. I am about to go postal.

I CANNOT play any games on the Xbox 1. Be it disc, or downloaded games I have purchased. It just doesn't work.

All other functions are fine. I can play Blu-Rays, DVDs, my streaming services (WWE Network, Netflix, etc) work fine.

WTF is going on? I am about to throw this through the window and sell 2 kids on Ebay.

Any ideas? (I've done the hard shut down, unplugged the router etc)

ETA: My Kinect is shot as well. No voice control, motion control. Nothing. Everything is properly plugged in. I've re done everything 75,000 times.
Under warranty?

My free month of gold about to expire and was wondering if there are any good deals for a year of live floating around? Saw one in this thread from Xmas time but it's sincr expired.

I need a hail mary here. I almost never play anymore, but my son is relying on me to find a good deal before his sub expires tomorrow. Am I going to have to pay the full $60 here, or is there some other option?

tia FBG Xbox guys
Anything electronic will be full price. Groupon and Amazon both have a card for 49.99 and 44.99 respectively.

Yeah, you can sometimes find a good cheap offer on ebay, but you might have to wait a week for it show up in the mail.

I'd recommend buying one with quick shipping like amazon and then looking thru your old game cases because they often include a code for a free 2 or 3 days trial of gold.

Need help from an Xbox expert. We were a Playstation and Nintendo family since I got an original PS in 1995 and NES in the 80's. PS3 was the last Sony system we got and Switch, for Nintendo systems. My 14yo got an Xbox One S about 2 weeks ago, instead of a PS4, because most of his friends play on an XBOX. This thing has been such a pain that I am longing for the days of blowing into the bottom of a cartridge, inserting it, and start playing within 5 seconds. My questions/problems:

•   I set-up a main account with my info and my 14yo and 10yo have their own child accounts in our "family." I also set-up a 3-month Xbox Live Gold under my account. I assumed this would be for the Xbox, and all profiles, but it's not working that way. I have to log-in to my profile, then have either of them log-in, in order to access Live. If I want them to be able to turn on the console and go play Fortnite (because for some reason Xbox requires you play it through Live), without me having to log-in first if I'm not home, can I do that? How? Or do they each need their own Live account to do that? I've done all the parental setting so I'm cool with them playing on Live as it's set-up. It's just a pain that I have to be there and enter my password first. 
  • For a game like Fortnite, my 14yo downloaded it under his profile. But it's not now on the console for everyone to play? If I go to play it under my profile, it says only the person that purchased it can. Does that mean I have to download a second copy of the game onto the console, under my profile?
I just want them to leave me alone, go in the basement and play the thing when they want and not be able to buy/download things without my permission. 

Need help from an Xbox expert. We were a Playstation and Nintendo family since I got an original PS in 1995 and NES in the 80's. PS3 was the last Sony system we got and Switch, for Nintendo systems. My 14yo got an Xbox One S about 2 weeks ago, instead of a PS4, because most of his friends play on an XBOX. This thing has been such a pain that I am longing for the days of blowing into the bottom of a cartridge, inserting it, and start playing within 5 seconds. My questions/problems:

•   I set-up a main account with my info and my 14yo and 10yo have their own child accounts in our "family." I also set-up a 3-month Xbox Live Gold under my account. I assumed this would be for the Xbox, and all profiles, but it's not working that way. I have to log-in to my profile, then have either of them log-in, in order to access Live. If I want them to be able to turn on the console and go play Fortnite (because for some reason Xbox requires you play it through Live), without me having to log-in first if I'm not home, can I do that? How? Or do they each need their own Live account to do that? I've done all the parental setting so I'm cool with them playing on Live as it's set-up. It's just a pain that I have to be there and enter my password first. 
  • For a game like Fortnite, my 14yo downloaded it under his profile. But it's not now on the console for everyone to play? If I go to play it under my profile, it says only the person that purchased it can. Does that mean I have to download a second copy of the game onto the console, under my profile?
I just want them to leave me alone, go in the basement and play the thing when they want and not be able to buy/download things without my permission. 
Quick suggestions, don't require passwords to log in (just don't save payment info to your profile if that is a concern).  Have your ID set to login by default when you power it up, and they can just switch to their own profile.

If I'm reading right, this is all just on one Xbox so you shouldn't have issues.  If you are dealing with more than one, then it gets a little trickier but still works.

Users who are viewing this thread