What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

fsufan

Footballguy
One of my leagues is very active during the offseason with trading. It has already begun

Please post your leagues off season trades here.

16 team IDP leagues

0.5 RB

1.0 WR

1.5 TE

I moved

Puz/2.15/2.16

for

Greene and a 2012 3rd

I also moved

Ray Rice

Greenway

for

Finley

Mcclain

ppr dynasty

team A gave f.gore

team B gave 1.11 and a 2012 1st rounder (likely late)

ppr dynastyteam A gave f.goreteam B gave 1.11 and a 2012 1st rounder (likely late)
I know Gore's knee & ankle are technically attached to his hip-bone, but did he blow an MCL, ankle & rotator cuff along with the hip? 1.11, wow, that is awful

ppr dynastyteam A gave f.goreteam B gave 1.11 and a 2012 1st rounder (likely late)
I know Gore's knee & ankle are technically attached to his hip-bone, but did he blow an MCL, ankle & rotator cuff along with the hip? 1.11, wow, that is awful
He also got a 2012 1st.I would much rather have (2) 1sts over an over used older gimpy rb

He also got a 2012 1st.I would much rather have (2) 1sts over an over used older gimpy rb
I rely on these ideals to get into the playoffs every year. Thank you for the contributions!

I rely on these ideals to get into the playoffs every year. Thank you for the contributions!
Gl with getting injured declining assets with no trade value and giving up multiple 1sts to aquire them. Sounds like a great longterm strategy.

Gl with getting injured declining assets with no trade value and giving up multiple 1sts to aquire them. Sounds like a great longterm strategy.
15 years in the biz and believe it or not I've moved passed starting Barry Sanders & Emmit Smith just this year. :bag: There is a time & price for everyone and Gore for 1.11 & a late 2012 1st is not a good trade in any format at this time. Whether it works out or not, he should've been able to get much more. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR

Team A gave up Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB;Britt, Kenny TEN WR

Team B gave up Jennings, Greg GBP WR

PPR Dynasty i gave up

Brady

Reggie Wayne

Emmanual Sanders

2nd rd rookie pick

Got

Vick

Kolb

Tolbert (I Own Mathews)

Percy Harvin

Not sure what Waynes value will be next year at this time, especially with the amount of balls thrown at the te, collie and Garcon.

Gl with getting injured declining assets with no trade value and giving up multiple 1sts to aquire them. Sounds like a great longterm strategy.15 years in the biz and believe it or not I've moved passed starting Barry Sanders & Emmit Smith just this year. ;) There is a time & price for everyone and Gore for 1.11 & a late 2012 1st is not a good trade in any format at this time. Whether it works out or not, he should've been able to get much more. :stirspot:
The 2012 could be anywhere. Ive seen great teams get bad breaks and end up with high picks. There just isn't much upside to getting an older rb coming off a major injury and giving up such valuable appreciating assets to get him.It could work out short term, but it's wat too risky of a gamble IMO. You say he should have gotten much more, but no one else would give up more so if he wanted to deal gore that is getting top dollar. The market for gore isn't very big, whereas everyone is in the market for 1st round rookie picks.

I wish i could test that theory, but all the leagues i don't own him in, trades are locked up. Damn I wish I could get him for that... I really hope your right because I could then own him in 7 out of 7 leagues. :shrug:

I wish i could test that theory, but all the leagues i don't own him in, trades are locked up. Damn I wish I could get him for that... I really hope your right because I could then own him in 7 out of 7 leagues. :excited:
i don't necessarily think you're wrong and that trading the couple 1sts for gore is a no win deal, it's just one that i would never make as it's such a short term window that gore can help and he's coming off a season ending injury. also due to the trade market for older rb's being so small he isn't an asset many teams want so if you acquire him your stuck riding him out.

non-PPR

Team A gets:

Webb, Joe MIN QB

Team B gets:

Bush, Reggie NOS RB

15 years in the biz
:shrug: :lmao: :lmao:

Why do leagues trade before the season is completed? Seems foolish. Someone could be seriously injured in the NFL playoffs, altering the value of a moved player tremendously. Technically, it is the off-season in FF. I would hate to lose value on a player like Mendenhall, after I just traded for him...

Why not just wait a few more weeks?

Why do leagues trade before the season is completed? Seems foolish. Someone could be seriously injured in the NFL playoffs, altering the value of a moved player tremendously. Technically, it is the off-season in FF. I would hate to lose value on a player like Mendenhall, after I just traded for him...Why not just wait a few more weeks?
Using your Mendenhall example, what if he goes off in the playoffs? Do you think his price will go up or down?Players' value are in constant flux. If you like the price on a player now, it means you expect their value to go up. As such, you'd want to get them sooner rather than later.

PPRTeam A gave up Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB;Britt, Kenny TEN WRTeam B gave up Jennings, Greg GBP WR
Not a huge Blount fan but I would almost take Britt over Jennings straight up. Finley will be back next year and the Packers will most likely have at least a little more of a running game. Britt just eats up yards when he is playing and appears to have huge upside if healthy.

Non-PPR Dynasty

Traded:

Larry Fitzgerald

Received:

Ahmad Bradshaw

Big Mike Williams

Another league, this one PPR

Traded:

Ben Roethlisberger

Received:

Team A FreemanTeam B Fitzgerald
team A gave Freemanteam B gave Austin
Man, I wish I had Freeman just so I could sell high on him.
Agreed. I like Freeman a lot but Austin or Fitz would get him from me in most leagues. 2QB leagues, perhaps not. I have him in a salary cap league at a cheap contract so I won't be dealing him there, but assuming these aren't due to salary issues, I can't see giving either guy for him.

PPRTeam A gave up Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB;Britt, Kenny TEN WRTeam B gave up Jennings, Greg GBP WR
Not a huge Blount fan but I would almost take Britt over Jennings straight up. Finley will be back next year and the Packers will most likely have at least a little more of a running game. Britt just eats up yards when he is playing and appears to have huge upside if healthy.
I agree 100%. Britt will be a bit volatile, but Jennings won't be nearly as consistent with Finley back.

Team A trades: 1.03

Team B trades: 1.05, Moeaki

Team B had Cooley, H.Miller, Graham also at TE. Team A has only Gonzo at TE and needed a younger option to pair with him.

Edit: 12 team, 1 PPR for RB/WR/TE.

Team A trades: 1.03Team B trades: 1.05, MoeakiTeam B had Cooley, H.Miller, Graham also at TE. Team A has only Gonzo at TE and needed a younger option to pair with him.
Hate this trade for Team A. Why give up an extremely valuable two spots that high in the rookie draft for a fringe TE like Moeaki? You can pick up Moeaki's off the waiver wire in any given week.

Team A trades: 1.03Team B trades: 1.05, MoeakiTeam B had Cooley, H.Miller, Graham also at TE. Team A has only Gonzo at TE and needed a younger option to pair with him.
Hate this trade for Team A. Why give up an extremely valuable two spots that high in the rookie draft for a fringe TE like Moeaki? You can pick up Moeaki's off the waiver wire in any given week.
I agree, certainly so early in the offseason when a Moeaki might be available late in that rookie draft or in preseason waivers. Doesn't make much sense to me.

I agree, certainly so early in the offseason when a Moeaki might be available late in that rookie draft or in preseason waivers. Doesn't make much sense to me.
I agree as well. Would rather have the 1.03. Interesting to see the value Moeaki holds to some - I have seen him ranked 9th on some dynasty rankings, but not sure I buy the hype he is more than a TE2.

I agree, dreadful trade. I don't care if he's turning 28 this year and his perceived value is declining, he was a top 5 RB the week before he went down. His present value is a lot more than two late round lottery tickets. If this is his price, I am a huge buyer.

Non-PPR Dynasty

Traded:

Larry Fitzgerald

Received:

Ahmad Bradshaw

Big Mike Williams

Traded:

Ben Roethlisberger

Received:

Would have thought Big Ben has more value than that. Guess it depends on personal preference : rookie pick or established veteran.

I agree as well. Would rather have the 1.03. Interesting to see the value Moeaki holds to some - I have seen him ranked 9th on some dynasty rankings, but not sure I buy the hype he is more than a TE2.
In my leagues, 16 teamTE is a flex1.5 PPRTE is VERY valuable.Depending on what I would think would fall to 1.5 I think I would take it

Reggie Wayne with one year left on his contract

for

1.06 2011 pick (can sign that player for 5 yrs)

Figure the WR class is deep enough that I should get a solid player here and don't really need Wayne (have DBowe, Tampa Mike, Hakeem Nicks, Earl Bennett and Breaston)

This will add to my 1.02, 1.06 and 1.08 (my actual pick).

Dawg Pound 69 said:
DevilDog919 said:
Non-PPR Dynasty

Traded:

Larry Fitzgerald

Received:

Ahmad Bradshaw

Big Mike Williams

Traded:

Ben Roethlisberger

Received:

Would have thought Big Ben has more value than that. Guess it depends on personal preference : rookie pick or established veteran.
Rebuild that needs to take some chances with. Have Tebow, Colt McCoy, and Sanchez. Plan to take my chances on Tebow as my starter, with Colt and Sanchez backing him up. Figure 1.06 will get me one of the big WR's coming out, or maybe a RB that falls into a good situation. The upgrade from 1.12 to 1.10 is insignificant really, but helps either way.

SayWhat? said:
Mighty Mice said:
I disagree with your opinion of Moeaki, but if you think he's just a fringe TE, your analysis is right. I think he can be a top 10 TE so the deal seems fair to me.

16 team TE heavy leaguemove1.162.10FlynnEvansHardestyCaldwellMckightforGresham3.13
TE heavy or not that seems like a lot to give to get Gresham. All it takes is for one of those players to hit and for that owner to find a replacement for Gresham in the draft with 1.16 or 2.10 and this was a wash for the other owner. Entirely possible too.

Zealots

traded 1.06, 3.05 and Big Ben for

Vick & Best

10 team PPR dynasty league (going into 2nd year).

I'm sending out feelers for a Jahvid Best for Dwayne Bowe trade (I'd give up Best for Bowe).

I was offered Fitzgerald for Best earlier in the year and I wish I would've taken that. Maybe I'll throw that offer out again.

FWIW, I'm strong at RB and weak at WR.

2 Moves I made recently. I am Team D

Trade 1

Team D gets

Garcon, Jimmy Graham, 2012 1st rounder, 2012 2nd Rounder

Team E

Maclin, Heap

Trade 2

Team D gets

1.2, 2.2, 2012 1st Rounder, Julius Jones, Shockey

Team I gets