What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

PPR Dynasty i gave upBradyReggie WayneEmmanual Sanders2nd rd rookie pickGotVickKolbTolbert (I Own Mathews)Percy HarvinNot sure what Waynes value will be next year at this time, especially with the amount of balls thrown at the te, collie and Garcon.
Very good deal for you.

PPR Dynasty i gave upBradyReggie WayneEmmanual Sanders2nd rd rookie pickGotVickKolbTolbert (I Own Mathews)Percy HarvinNot sure what Waynes value will be next year at this time, especially with the amount of balls thrown at the te, collie and Garcon.
Same league I gave:Kellen WinslowMike ThomasGotDallas Clark (I own Tamme)DHBProbably over paid for Clark but i wanted to lock up the Indy TE spot..

PPRTeam A gave up Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB;Britt, Kenny TEN WRTeam B gave up Jennings, Greg GBP WR
Not a huge Blount fan but I would almost take Britt over Jennings straight up. Finley will be back next year and the Packers will most likely have at least a little more of a running game. Britt just eats up yards when he is playing and appears to have huge upside if healthy.
I agree 100%. Britt will be a bit volatile, but Jennings won't be nearly as consistent with Finley back.
He did fine with Finley upon Finley's emergence in the 2009/2010 season, actually better than before Finley's emergence. Add to the fact James Jones is likely out of town and I think Jennings continues to do well. That said, I like the Britt side, I just don't think you can really discount Jennings because of Finley's return.

team A gave up: r.mendenhall

team B gave up: e.manning, j.forsett, 2011 mid to late 1st rounder

Same league I gave:

Kellen Winslow

Mike Thomas

Got

Dallas Clark (I own Tamme)

DHB

Probably over paid for Clark but i wanted to lock up the Indy TE spot..
I don't care if you get bonus points for WRs shorter than 5'9, that's still way way underpaying on Clark.

12 team, PPR

Team A gives: Hillis, Hardesty

Team B gives: Harvin, McCluster

RB heavy team in need of WRs meets WR heavy team in need of RBs. I think Hardesty/McCluster xcel out and the deal boils down to Harvin for Hillis.

future_itisnow said:
16 team TE heavy leaguemove1.162.10FlynnEvansHardestyCaldwellMckightforGresham3.13
TE heavy or not that seems like a lot to give to get Gresham. All it takes is for one of those players to hit and for that owner to find a replacement for Gresham in the draft with 1.16 or 2.10 and this was a wash for the other owner. Entirely possible too.
My logic...-Once a TE hits close to stud level proportions it is nearly impossible to trade for (see above deal I made for Finley) (different league, same setup)-While there were times when I looked at this deal, I thought to myself "That is too many pieces", at the end of the day, if the players, are mostly all fringe WW or 3-5th RD value players. Hardesty and Evans being the highest valued players, but at the end of the day, I still like the chance at getting a starting TE with huge upside. The picks can be fruitful as well, but getting a young talented TE was not going to be had without giving up something BIG or many smaller pieces.-This league includes 8 staffers. They do not seem to trade THAT much, so my chances of getting a TE via trade are going to be slim, just by opportunity alone.With that said I am still happy.I have to start 2 ofGreshamMoeakiHeapI will start Turner at RBfor now anyway....

Last edited by a moderator:
future_itisnow said:
16 team TE heavy leaguemove1.162.10FlynnEvansHardestyCaldwellMckightforGresham3.13
TE heavy or not that seems like a lot to give to get Gresham. All it takes is for one of those players to hit and for that owner to find a replacement for Gresham in the draft with 1.16 or 2.10 and this was a wash for the other owner. Entirely possible too.
My logic...-Once a TE hits close to stud level proportions it is nearly impossible to trade for (see above deal I made for Finley) (different league, same setup)-While there were times when I looked at this deal, I thought to myself "That is too many pieces", at the end of the day, if the players, are mostly all fringe WW or 3-5th RD value players. Hardesty and Evans being the highest valued players, but at the end of the day, I still like the chance at getting a starting TE with huge upside. The picks can be fruitful as well, but getting a young talented TE was not going to be had without giving up something BIG or many smaller pieces.-This league includes 8 staffers. They do not seem to trade THAT much, so my chances of getting a TE via trade are going to be slim, just by opportunity alone.With that said I am still happy.I have to start 2 ofGreshamMoeakiHeapI will start Turner at RBfor now anyway....
All good points and that makes sense. No reward without some risk...and I dig Gresham too so I feel ya'.

Traded Heath Miller and an early 3rd for Kellen Winslow.

FBG dynasty league - the NFL playoffs are our FF playoffs. I'm out in a rebuild year, the guy I traded with has a very good chance to win this thing. Probably a better deal for him as Heath will help throughout the playoffs, but I prefer KW in 2011 forward if he can stay healthy.

A gave up:Bradford, Sam STL QBBarber, Marion DAL RBIdonije, Israel CHI DE2.4B gave up:Fitzpatrick, Ryan BUF QB1.1
Wowsers! I guess I should be selling Bradford...
The trades that people make on here are ridiculous most of the time.I am in 3 dynasty leagues and I can assure you no one in my leagues will take Bradford or Freeman off my hands for the type of people they are getting here.There is absolutly no way I would get the 1.1 for Bradford (I got him 20th pick last year for crying out load) and there is no way I get someone like Fitzgerald or Austin for Freeman.How do these trades even happen ? I have to really question these players in these leagues and why they are playing fantasy football especially in a dynasty type league.You just can not be a good fantasy football player if those are the type of trades you are making regardless if Bradford and Freeman become the next Peyton Manning or not.

A gave up:Bradford, Sam STL QBBarber, Marion DAL RBIdonije, Israel CHI DE2.4B gave up:Fitzpatrick, Ryan BUF QB1.1
The trades that people make on here are ridiculous most of the time.I am in 3 dynasty leagues and I can assure you no one in my leagues will take Bradford or Freeman off my hands for the type of people they are getting here.There is absolutly no way I would get the 1.1 for Bradford (I got him 20th pick last year for crying out load) and there is no way I get someone like Fitzgerald or Austin for Freeman.How do these trades even happen ? I have to really question these players in these leagues and why they are playing fantasy football especially in a dynasty type league.You just can not be a good fantasy football player if those are the type of trades you are making regardless if Bradford and Freeman become the next Peyton Manning or not.
Different formats value positions differently. You are 100% right, but in 2 QB leagues, the trades make sense. Sam Bradford was the 1.01 pick in my only start 2 QB league last season, for example. I wonder if some of these trades are start 2 or superflex.

Trade 5

Team E gets

Holmes, Riley Cooper

Team J gets

Steve Johnson, Ivory

Trade 6

Team H gets

Wells

Team J gets

1.5, Brandon Tate

fsufan said:
anyone trade Vick or trade for him. trying to gauge his value.
The following trade went down in my league (PPR)Mike VickJerome SimpsonforKenny Britt*I think Vick is a great sell high right and Britt a great buy low(er)....but I think this was an overpay for Britt.

Different formats value positions differently. You are 100% right, but in 2 QB leagues, the trades make sense. Sam Bradford was the 1.01 pick in my only start 2 QB league last season, for example. I wonder if some of these trades are start 2 or superflex.
i'm in that league where the trade happened, its qb heavy, but not start 2 qb... 1.1 side definately won (especially since the new bradford owner already had freeman :lmao: )

A gave up:

Bradford, Sam STL QB

Barber, Marion DAL RB

Idonije, Israel CHI DE

B gave up:

Fitzpatrick, Ryan BUF QB

The trades that people make on here are ridiculous most of the time.I am in 3 dynasty leagues and I can assure you no one in my leagues will take Bradford or Freeman off my hands for the type of people they are getting here.

There is absolutly no way I would get the 1.1 for Bradford (I got him 20th pick last year for crying out load) and there is no way I get someone like Fitzgerald or Austin for Freeman.

How do these trades even happen ? I have to really question these players in these leagues and why they are playing fantasy football especially in a dynasty type league.

You just can not be a good fantasy football player if those are the type of trades you are making regardless if Bradford and Freeman become the next Peyton Manning or not.
i'm in that league where the trade happened, its qb heavy, but not start 2 qb... 1.1 side definately won (especially since the new bradford owner already had freeman :confused: )
:whistle: I don't mind it b/c I play him twice a year too...

I offered him:

Goodson, Mike CAR RB;Lloyd, Brandon DEN WR;Abraham, John ATL DE;Wake, Cameron MIA LB

for

Decker, Eric DEN WR; 1.1

O Well...

Team A (me) gets - Darren McfaddenTeam B gets - 1.1, Brandon Pettigrew
If holding the 1.1 it is usually best to wait until closer to draft day to pull the trigger. You must be pretty high on McFadden.
Yeah you're right, I think DMC is about to be a star though. Just hope Oak resigns their Oline. I'm about to pull off a silly trade for stewart that hopfully will make up for the risks I'm taking with DMC.

Team A (me) gets - Darren McfaddenTeam B gets - 1.1, Brandon Pettigrew
If holding the 1.1 it is usually best to wait until closer to draft day to pull the trigger. You must be pretty high on McFadden.
Yeah you're right, I think DMC is about to be a star though. Just hope Oak resigns their Oline. I'm about to pull off a silly trade for stewart that hopfully will make up for the risks I'm taking with DMC.
What are you offering for JStew?

Team A gives: Gore and Braylon Team B gives: VjaxStandard ppr league
I like this deal for team A. I doubt Gore has much left.
Gore is so unappreciated.Gore was #5 overall through week 11, #6 in PPG (20 ppg), 1.2 ppg behind the #2 RB (21 ppg). Only Foster had any meaningful distance in scoring (25 ppg).Gore looked very, very good as usual this year. He turns 28 this year. I do not see any reason to expect a dropoff, especially in PPR.I like VJax a lot, though less so in PPR, and see this trade as fairly even. The Gore owner gets 2-3 years of top 5-10 RB production, the other owner gets a longer shelf life WR that has some uncertainty until we know where he lands next year. VJax could blow up, or just keep on doing what he has been doing, performing well but less than elite in PPR.

Trade 7

Team D gets

2012 1st Rounder

Team A gets

Trade 8

Team J gets

Best, 2.2, 2012 1st Rounder

Team A gets

Gore is so unappreciated.Gore was #5 overall through week 11, #6 in PPG (20 ppg), 1.2 ppg behind the #2 RB (21 ppg). Only Foster had any meaningful distance in scoring (25 ppg).Gore looked very, very good as usual this year. He turns 28 this year. I do not see any reason to expect a dropoff, especially in PPR.
:thumbup: Gore is 27 and turns 28 as camps start. He's younger than Turner. People are acting like he's 31. Sure, he misses time due to injury every year. For that you can plug in a #3 RB but for the games he plays he is a top 5 guy.

Gore is so unappreciated.Gore was #5 overall through week 11, #6 in PPG (20 ppg), 1.2 ppg behind the #2 RB (21 ppg). Only Foster had any meaningful distance in scoring (25 ppg).Gore looked very, very good as usual this year. He turns 28 this year. I do not see any reason to expect a dropoff, especially in PPR.
:lmao: Gore is 27 and turns 28 as camps start. He's younger than Turner. People are acting like he's 31. Sure, he misses time due to injury every year. For that you can plug in a #3 RB but for the games he plays he is a top 5 guy.
Turner may be older but Gore has many more miles on those knees. Turner didn't run much behind LT in San Diego in his first couple of seasons so his age shouldn't be as much of a factor as it is with Gore.

PPR 10 teamer

Team A gives: Santonio Holmes and 2nd rounder (pick # 19)

Team B gives: 1st rounder (pick # 5)

Gore is so unappreciated.Gore was #5 overall through week 11, #6 in PPG (20 ppg), 1.2 ppg behind the #2 RB (21 ppg). Only Foster had any meaningful distance in scoring (25 ppg).Gore looked very, very good as usual this year. He turns 28 this year. I do not see any reason to expect a dropoff, especially in PPR.I like VJax a lot, though less so in PPR, and see this trade as fairly even. The Gore owner gets 2-3 years of top 5-10 RB production, the other owner gets a longer shelf life WR that has some uncertainty until we know where he lands next year. VJax could blow up, or just keep on doing what he has been doing, performing well but less than elite in PPR.
Did not get nearly enough for Gore, just last year Gore was a top 10 pick in start up dyansty leagues and V-Jax was a 5th rounder.In my league last year someone traded Gore and got J-Best, Flacco and K-Britt

Did not get nearly enough for Gore, just last year Gore was a top 10 pick in start up dyansty leagues and V-Jax was a 5th rounder.In my league last year someone traded Gore and got J-Best, Flacco and K-Britt
Last year and this year are very different for Gore's value IMO.

Team A:

gave up Gore, Frank SFO RB;Collie, Austin IND WR;Lloyd, Brandon DEN WR;Fletcher, London WAS LB

for

Team B:

gave up Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB;Johnson, Andre HOU WR

1pt PPR

Team A:

gave up Gore, Frank SFO RB;Collie, Austin IND WR;Lloyd, Brandon DEN WR;Fletcher, London WAS LB

for

Team B:

gave up Blount, LeGarrette TBB RB;Johnson, Andre HOU WR

1pt PPR
Team A:Gave up Dez Bryant and G. Blount

for

Team B:

Gave up Shady McCoy

Team listed below...

Collins, Kerry TEN QB 158.0 9

Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB 391.0 10

Young, Vince TEN QB (I) 118.0 9

Bush, Reggie NOS RB (P) 80.6 10

Goodson, Mike CAR RB 149.0 6

Graham, Earnest TBB RB (Q) 59.7 4

Jackson, Fred BUF RB 221.3 6

Johnson, Chris TEN RB 326.0 9

McCoy, LeSean PHI RB 339.0 8

Moore, Mewelde PIT RB (Q) 63.9 5

Ward, Derrick HOU RB 80.1 7

Barden, Ramses NYG WR (I) 11.4 8

Driver, Donald GBP WR (Q) 132.5 10

Jackson, DeSean PHI WR 213.8 8

Johnson, Andre HOU WR (P) 257.0 7

Nelson, Jordy GBP WR 114.2 10

Roosevelt, Naaman BUF WR ® 23.3 6

Stuckey, Chansi CLE WR 80.4 8

Underwood, Tiquan JAC WR 19.1 9

Welker, Wes NEP WR 212.8 5

Zeigler, Dominique SFO WR (I) 18.8 9

Olsen, Greg CHI TE 110.4 8

Akers, David PHI PK 144.0 8

Weatherford, Steve NYJ PN 148.0 7

Abraham, John ATL DE 118.5 8

Allen, Jared MIN DE 143.0 4

Babin, Jason TEN DE (P) 124.8 9

Johnson, Charles CAR DE 124.5 6

Anderson, James CAR LB 204.6 6

Bishop, Desmond GBP LB 171.8 10

Greenway, Chad MIN LB 200.8 4

Harrison, James PIT LB 191.6 5

James, Bradie DAL LB (P) 164.7 4

Phillips, Shaun SDC LB 143.9 10

Wake, Cameron MIA LB 141.8 5

Willis, Patrick SFO LB (P) 205.3 9

Barber, Ronde TBB CB 138.8 4

Tillman, Charles CHI CB 164.5 8

Verner, Alterraun TEN CB ® 168.6 9

Woodson, Charles GBP CB 175.4 10

Coleman, Kurt PHI S ® 56.5 8

Griffin, Michael TEN S (P) 181.8 9

I have gotten Shady, Andre3000 in the past two days...happy happy man.

Team A trades: 1.03Team B trades: 1.05, MoeakiTeam B had Cooley, H.Miller, Graham also at TE. Team A has only Gonzo at TE and needed a younger option to pair with him.
Hate this trade for Team A. Why give up an extremely valuable two spots that high in the rookie draft for a fringe TE like Moeaki? You can pick up Moeaki's off the waiver wire in any given week.
I agree, certainly so early in the offseason when a Moeaki might be available late in that rookie draft or in preseason waivers. Doesn't make much sense to me.
I agree as well. Would rather have the 1.03. Interesting to see the value Moeaki holds to some - I have seen him ranked 9th on some dynasty rankings, but not sure I buy the hype he is more than a TE2.
The drop from 1.03 to 1.05 can be huge... maybe the 2.03 for the 2.05...

12 team, standard scoring, non-PPR league, 17 week regular season, top 5 teams make the playoffs, which is then cumulative points mirroring the NFL playoffs:

Team A trades: Adrian Peterson and Matthew Stafford

Team B trades: Kenny Britt, Felix Jones, Donald Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, 2011 1st (likely 1.08) and 2nd (likely 2.09).

12 team, standard scoring, non-PPR league, 17 week regular season, top 5 teams make the playoffs, which is then cumulative points mirroring the NFL playoffs:Team A trades: Adrian Peterson and Matthew StaffordTeam B trades: Kenny Britt, Felix Jones, Donald Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, 2011 1st (likely 1.08) and 2nd (likely 2.09).
All I can is say is wow.Talk about selling low especially on Peterson and also Stafford.

12 team, standard scoring, non-PPR league, 17 week regular season, top 5 teams make the playoffs, which is then cumulative points mirroring the NFL playoffs:Team A trades: Adrian Peterson and Matthew StaffordTeam B trades: Kenny Britt, Felix Jones, Donald Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, 2011 1st (likely 1.08) and 2nd (likely 2.09).
All I can is say is wow.Talk about selling low especially on Peterson and also Stafford.
WOW :D is right

Team A trades:

Jason Witten, 1.7 2011 Rookie Pick, 3.7 2011 Rookie Pick, 6.10 2011 IDP Pick

Team B trades:

Desean Jackson

also

Team A trades:

1.9 2011 Rookie Pick, 1.07 2011 IDP Pick, 12.10 2011 IDP Pick, 13.03 2011 IDP Pick, Mike Sims-Walker, Golden Tate

Team C trades:

Dwayne Bowe, Troy Smith, 4.03 2011 Rookie Pick, 9.04 2011 IDP Pick, 12.09 2011 IDP Pick, 13.04 2011 IDP Pick

12 team PPR league.

Team A trades:

Starks, James

Marshall, Brandon

Team B trades:

Best, Jahvid

Simpson, Jerome

Note, Team B also owns Ryan Grant and Brandon Jackson.

Users who are viewing this thread