What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

Have had two trades so far in our league. $260 cap, 0.5 PPR, 4 PaTD league.

Team A: Romo ($61) and Vernon Davis ($6)

Team B: Nicks ($20)

and

Team C: Hightower ($5) and V. Jackson ($17)

Team D: McCoy ($44) and Bryant ($16)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have had two trades so far in our league. $260 cap, 0.5 PPR, 4 PaTD league.Team A: Romo ($61) and Vernon Davis ($6)Team B: Nicks ($20)andTeam C: Hightower ($5) and V. Jackson ($17)Team D: McCoy ($44) and Bryant ($16)
Romo feels really expensive if McCoy is only 44 (I'm assuming that's Lesean vs. Colt) - but I suppose it depends on what the other QB's are paid. I like Team B in that first one.Assuming Bryant is Dez Bryant, Team C got the far better of that deal, although I like Hightower's cap number there.

I completed the Gore trade, hopefully that allows Jpeso to sleep better tonight

I gave: Collie, J. Rodgers, Carter

I got: Gore, Hunter
Who are Rodgers & Carter?
I'm assuming JaQuizz and Delone. If that is so I like the deal for you.
Yes sir. Rookie RBs J. Rodgers and D. Carter.
I'd rather have the Gore/Hunter part of that trade. Gore is going to be huge this year.

16 team 0.5 ppr

I gave:

Decker, Eric DEN WR

Douglas, Harry ATL WR

Edelman, Julian NEP WR

Moeaki, Tony KCC TE

Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes

Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes

Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes

Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Jambo Broncos

Year 2012 Round 5 Draft Pick from Kaunas Buckeyes

Year 2012 Round 5 Draft Pick from Jambo Broncos

Jambo Broncos gave up:

Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

Thoughts on this? Despite it being only the second year of this league I think I'm in a good position to win now and wanted to consolidate depth for starters. My pick this year was #12 (essentially a second rounder) and it should be later next year.

Start 2rb, 3wr, 1te and a flex, my starters are now likely.

Rodgers

Matthews Wells/Stewart

Bowe, Fitzgerald, Nicks, Dez

Graham

16 team 0.5 pprI gave:Decker, Eric DEN WRDouglas, Harry ATL WREdelman, Julian NEP WRMoeaki, Tony KCC TEYear 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesYear 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesYear 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesYear 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Jambo BroncosYear 2012 Round 5 Draft Pick from Kaunas BuckeyesYear 2012 Round 5 Draft Pick from Jambo BroncosJambo Broncos gave up:Bowe, Dwayne KCC WRThoughts on this? Despite it being only the second year of this league I think I'm in a good position to win now and wanted to consolidate depth for starters. My pick this year was #12 (essentially a second rounder) and it should be later next year.Start 2rb, 3wr, 1te and a flex, my starters are now likely.RodgersMatthews Wells/StewartBowe, Fitzgerald, Nicks, DezGraham
So, you gave a late 1st for Bowe? Well done!

CJ3 owner

I gave: Toby Gerhart, 3rd rounder (should be low)

I got: Javon Ringer, 4th rounder ( should be in the top 2/3 picks of the round

Have had two trades so far in our league. $260 cap, 0.5 PPR, 4 PaTD league. Start 2 QB's

Team A: Romo ($61) and Vernon Davis ($6)

Team B: Nicks ($20)

and

Team C: Hightower ($5) and V. Jackson ($17)

Team D: LaSean McCoy ($44) and Dez Bryant ($16)
Romo feels really expensive if McCoy is only 44 (I'm assuming that's Lesean vs. Colt) - but I suppose it depends on what the other QB's are paid. I like Team B in that first one.Assuming Bryant is Dez Bryant, Team C got the far better of that deal, although I like Hightower's cap number there.
(Edited for clarity)Yes, that was LeSean, not Colt. I figure he's about $10-15 under market value, so I was very surprised by that trade. But Team C's owner is a 'Skins homer and figures Hightower for a top-15 season this year (I don't see it, but he traded for him in two separate leagues, so he's apparently convinced), in which case he's "worth" about $35 (that's the 15th most expensive RB salary right now).

Romo was defintely on the expensive side. The most expensive QB ever was $80 (it's a 2 QB league, which I forgot to mention, so top QB's command RB-like prices), but the 3rd most expensive QB averages about $60. The 7th averages about $40. That was actually my trade, and since I couldn't keep both players, that was essentially a 1-for-1 trade for me. I was pretty happy about it as Nicks is a $30 player based on my projections.

12 team PPRA gave: MatthewsB gave: Reg Bush
WOW. Mathews is worth a top 3 rookie pick, and Bush is worth a 2nd rounder.
With Matthews now in a full fledged RBBC, I don't think he is currently worth a top 3 rookie pick. In a PPR league this is closer than it appears at first glance - although I would prefer Matthews I can see the trade if his owner has given up on him and also believes Bush will bounce back to the form he had a few years back where he was a darling in PPR leagues.

12 team PPRA gave: MatthewsB gave: Reg Bush
With Matthews now in a full fledged RBBC, I don't think he is currently worth a top 3 rookie pick. In a PPR league this is closer than it appears at first glance - although I would prefer Matthews I can see the trade if his owner has given up on him and also believes Bush will bounce back to the form he had a few years back where he was a darling in PPR leagues.
Mathews is not in a full fledged RBBC. And this is coming from someone who owns Tolbert and not Mathews. Even if the owner doesn't like Mathews he probably could have gotten an Ahmad Bradshaw type for him.

12 team PPR

A gave: Matthews

B gave: Reg Bush
With Matthews now in a full fledged RBBC, I don't think he is currently worth a top 3 rookie pick. In a PPR league thisis closer than it appears at first glance - although I would

prefer Matthews I can see the trade if his owner has given

up on him and also believes Bush will bounce back to the

form he had a few years back where he was a darling in

PPR leagues.
Mathews is not in a full fledged RBBC. And this is coming from someone who owns Tolbert and not Mathews. Even if the owner doesn't like Mathews he probably could have gotten an Ahmad Bradshaw type for him.
From Rotoworld 8-15:
Coach Norv Turner reiterated Monday that the Chargers will use a two-running back system in 2011.Turner says Ryan Mathews will be "on the field a lot" this season, but "those guys both have an awful lot to contribute to our team." Suggested RBs coach Ollie Wilson, "I think it’s more on who’s hot in the game. We get out in the first series, I say, ‘You go out and you’re hot, you stay.'" The Chargers are considering signing Mike Tolbert to to a long-term contract as "the wrecker to Mathews' speed game." It's a full-blown committee backfield. Aug 15, 11:35 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5603/ryan-mathews

Even if Tolbert is mixed in, Mathews will probably get close to twice the amount of carries as Bush.
But not as many receptions and this is a PPR league and in that context it is closer than it appears at first glance (which I noted before I geve the link in which Turner essentially said it is RBBC).

2 trades...probably both bad but it is what it is:1st Trade - Gave Roddy WhiteReceived Brandon Lloyd and Wes Welker2nd TradeGave - Chris Johnson, Wes Welker and 1.11Received - Calvin Johnson, Shonn Greene and 1.08Probably hurting myself since I did trade away my two best players but I felt like making a change and I really like Calvin (not nearly as high on Chris as most).
Roddy WhiteChris Johnson1.11forBrandon LloydCalvin JohnsonShonn Greene1.08I'm going to go ahead and say "oof."
Just cause I am intrigued to see if the past few months have changed perspective, they have certainly changed mine.My 1.08 ended up being Ryan Williams, the 1.11 ended up being Von Miller (this is IDP). So my trade ended up beingRoddy White Chris JohnsonVon MillerforCalvin JohnsonBrandon LloydShonn GreeneRyan WilliamsIt may have looked bad in March but I honestly feel pretty good about it right now.

2 trades...probably both bad but it is what it is:1st Trade - Gave Roddy WhiteReceived Brandon Lloyd and Wes Welker2nd TradeGave - Chris Johnson, Wes Welker and 1.11Received - Calvin Johnson, Shonn Greene and 1.08Probably hurting myself since I did trade away my two best players but I felt like making a change and I really like Calvin (not nearly as high on Chris as most).
Roddy WhiteChris Johnson1.11forBrandon LloydCalvin JohnsonShonn Greene1.08I'm going to go ahead and say "oof."
Just cause I am intrigued to see if the past few months have changed perspective, they have certainly changed mine.My 1.08 ended up being Ryan Williams, the 1.11 ended up being Von Miller (this is IDP). So my trade ended up beingRoddy White Chris JohnsonVon MillerforCalvin JohnsonBrandon LloydShonn GreeneRyan WilliamsIt may have looked bad in March but I honestly feel pretty good about it right now.
Still pretty bad, IMO.

Team A gives Jonathan Stewart

Team B gives Dallas Clark, Jacob Tamme, Cedric Benson

ETA: 12 team non-PPR, 2RB/3WR/1TE/1Flex

Last edited by a moderator:
This trade has been offered to me in a 10 team PPR dynasty league:

I give: JCharles

He gives: SJax, Austin Collie, 1.09 rookie pick

A variety of trades from a few different leagues...

PPR:

Team A gave up Hasselbeck, Matt TEN QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.05

Team B gave up Brady, Tom NEP QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.09

Team B gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.05

Team C gave up Williams, Mike TBB WR

Team B gave up Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.09

Team D gave up Graham, Jimmy NOS TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03

Team C gave up Tebow, Tim DEN QB

Team F gave up Forsett, Justin SEA RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.05

Team G gave up Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

Team H gave up Jones, Felix DAL RB

Non-PPR:

Team Z gave up Tolbert, Mike SDC RB;Torain, Ryan WAS RB

Team X gave up Snelling, Jason ATL RB;Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

A variety of trades from a few different leagues...PPR:Team A gave up Hasselbeck, Matt TEN QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.05Team B gave up Brady, Tom NEP QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.09Team B gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.05Team C gave up Williams, Mike TBB WRTeam B gave up Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.09Team D gave up Graham, Jimmy NOS TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03Team C gave up Tebow, Tim DEN QBTeam F gave up Forsett, Justin SEA RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.05Team G gave up Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RBTeam H gave up Jones, Felix DAL RBNon-PPR:Team Z gave up Tolbert, Mike SDC RB;Torain, Ryan WAS RBTeam X gave up Snelling, Jason ATL RB;Spiller, C.J. BUF RB
First one Brady, 2nd one Mike Williams by a lot, 3rd one Graham by a lot, 4th Tebow by a good margin, 5th Bradshaw by a decent margin (not a Felix fan). Non ppr, Snelling/Spiller side.

Team A gave up Hasselbeck, Matt TEN QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.05Team B gave up Brady, Tom NEP QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.09
Brady's worth more than that but could see doing it if I've been grooming Ryan/Bradford and want the RB.
Team B gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.05Team C gave up Williams, Mike TBB WR
Williams is worth a top 3 or multiple 1sts.
Team B gave up Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.09Team D gave up Graham, Jimmy NOS TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03
Does the former Graham owner know about the internet? It is like a series of tubes. Don't understand that trade at all.
Team C gave up Tebow, Tim DEN QBTeam F gave up Forsett, Justin SEA RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.05
Gives me ideas on buying low on Tebow.
Team G gave up Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RBTeam H gave up Jones, Felix DAL RB
Toss up.
Non-PPR:Team Z gave up Tolbert, Mike SDC RB;Torain, Ryan WAS RBTeam X gave up Snelling, Jason ATL RB;Spiller, C.J. BUF RB
Some serious Tolbert love going on. Seems like bailing on Spiller, but if Tolbert outscores him the next 2 years, maybe it was a good idea.

A variety of trades from a few different leagues...

PPR:

Team A gave up Hasselbeck, Matt TEN QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.05

Team B gave up Brady, Tom NEP QB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.09

Even

Team B gave up Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.05

Team C gave up Williams, Mike TBB WR

Williams side and it's not close

Team B gave up Gonzalez, Tony ATL TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.09

Team D gave up Graham, Jimmy NOS TE; Year 2011 Draft Pick 2.03

I like the Graham side by a mile

Team C gave up Tebow, Tim DEN QB

Team F gave up Forsett, Justin SEA RB; Year 2011 Draft Pick 3.05

I take Tebow

Team G gave up Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB

Team H gave up Jones, Felix DAL RB

Fair

Non-PPR:

Team Z gave up Tolbert, Mike SDC RB;Torain, Ryan WAS RB

Team X gave up Snelling, Jason ATL RB;Spiller, C.J. BUF RB

Give me Spiller

Not a true dynasty; we can only keep 6 players & no more than 2 at a position, and we have a $1000 salary cap.

S. Greene ($43) and L. Blount ($50) for L. McCoy ($.70).

I wouldn't have been able to keep both Greene and Blount.

All the major offseason trades for my salary cap dynasty league:

Stormtroopers of Death gave up Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Circle Jerks gave up Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB

Taste of Death gave up Pettigrew, Brandon DET TE

Tenacious D gave up Hernandez, Aaron NEP TE

Tenacious D gave up Best, Jahvid DET RB;Jackson, DeSean PHI WR

Monster Bootys gave up Austin, Miles DAL WR

Unchained gave up Ryan, Matt ATL QB

Coat Hanger Death Yank gave up Nicks, Hakeem NYG WR

Short Yellow Bus All-Stars gave up Wayne, Reggie IND WR

Carpet Munchers gave up Gates, Antonio SDC TE

Carpet Munchers gave up Mathews, Ryan SDC RB

The UnderDoggs gave up Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB

All the major offseason trades for my salary cap dynasty league:Stormtroopers of Death gave up Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QBCircle Jerks gave up Williams, DeAngelo CAR RBTaste of Death gave up Pettigrew, Brandon DET TETenacious D gave up Hernandez, Aaron NEP TETenacious D gave up Best, Jahvid DET RB;Jackson, DeSean PHI WRMonster Bootys gave up Austin, Miles DAL WRhUnchained gave up Ryan, Matt ATL QBCoat Hanger Death Yank gave up Nicks, Hakeem NYG WRShort Yellow Bus All-Stars gave up Wayne, Reggie IND WRCarpet Munchers gave up Gates, Antonio SDC TECarpet Munchers gave up Mathews, Ryan SDC RBThe UnderDoggs gave up Mendenhall, Rashard PIT RB
The first two trades, and the Wayne one seem even. The other's are rather one sided.

Users who are viewing this thread