What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (1 Viewer)

'Dez said:
12 team PPR - I gave up pick 6 this year because once Williams went out the drop from 5 to 6 seemed huge. Got a pick projected to be top 4 in 2013.Charlotte gave up:Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.06Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from CharlotteCleveland gave up:Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Cleveland
You have no idea what that team will look like in two years. Wow.You actually PAID the other guy for the "right" to move your 1st back two years. Ridiculous.

'Dez said:
12 team PPR - I gave up pick 6 this year because once Williams went out the drop from 5 to 6 seemed huge. Got a pick projected to be top 4 in 2013.Charlotte gave up:Year 2011 Draft Pick 1.06Year 2013 Round 3 Draft Pick from CharlotteCleveland gave up:Year 2013 Round 1 Draft Pick from Cleveland
You have no idea what that team will look like in two years. Wow.You actually PAID the other guy for the "right" to move your 1st back two years. Ridiculous.
I am in that league with Dez, and I would make the same deal as he did EASILY. That team even has a better chance to get him the #2 pick than the #4 pick. His team is terrible.When you have to start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 2 flex, and you currently only have like 1 decent player for that, and that 1 player is Beanie Wells, you are in TROUBLE. Now, yeah, he will have Ingram and Green. Even if both of them are STUDS in 2012, his team will be pick 3 or 4. He doesnt even have any 2012 draft picks to get better for next year (I have his 2012 1st, hahah, SWEET pick for me).Yeah, I know EXACTLY what his team will look like in 2 years. It will look about the same as it does now. Terrible. An abysmal team with an owner who traditionally makes bad decisions. But maybe the most important part of all this..............nobody is worth drafting at pick 6 this year right now, NOBODY. Pick 6 may as well be pick 10 or 12. Besides, Dez's team is so loaded no player he drafts will touch his lineup for years anyway. In his case, 1st round picks a couple years down the road are more valuable to him than picks NOW anyway, so he can stay on top even longer. Maybe if people had the complete picture of this league, they would understand that you just made a killing. The pick is GUARANTEED top 4, probably pick 3, easily pick 2, COULD be pick 1 with minimal luck.

'destro said:
'Dez said:
'imagroid said:
'Dez said:
I Got a pick projected to be top 4 in 2013
I haven't laughed this hard in awhile. Thanks.
Current roster in 12 team league where we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE and 2 FlexHe finished 12th place last year has picks 1-2 in draft (I already gave him Ingram and Green who he is taking)He already traded his 1st round pick in 2012 away so he won't be getting help for a bottom 2 finish this year.I am pretty confident he will be a top 4 pick in 2013 compared to the other teams in this league but you never know.Bradford (StL)Schaub (Hou)Beck (Wash)Whitehurst (Sea)Leinart (Hou)Ingram (NO)Wells (Arz)Bush (Oak)Snelling (Atl)Williams (Wash)Steph-Howling (Arz)Green (Cin)Benn (TB)Decker (Den)Hartline (Mia)Armstrong (Wash)Alexander (StL)Jones (Buf)Berrian (Minn)T-Williams (Dal)Tucker (KC)Watson (Cle)Shiancoe (Minn)
Sure, it's not a good team, but it is not nearly bad enough for you to assume he will be in the bottom third two years from now. You're being overly optimistic here.I'm not saying it was necessarily a bad trade given the circumstances, but you are really employing a great deal of wishful thinking on your projection.
There is ZERO risk here for Dez, and ALL reward. Even if an absolute Christmas MIRACLE happens, that guys team gets him pick 6 back in 2 years, which is fine, cause in 2013 pick 6 will more than likely look a lot better than pick 6 does right now. I would be utterly shocked, and I mean SHOCKED (and I dont get shocked easily in fantasy), if that guy gets his team good enough to finish and gives Dez pick 5 or worse. I will be surprised if it's not a top 3 pick. He is going to have three zeros in his lineup or a couple years, if not longer.I am going after his 2014 1st soon.

12 team FFPC $750 PPR trade

Team A gives up

Daniels (Hou) TE

Team B gives up

Miller (Sea) TE

Daniels goes to the best team in the league.

The pick is GUARANTEED top 4
I smell an interesting prop bet brewing...
I would bet 100 bucks, and give 20:1 odds that it will be top 4. The last time I was THIS sure about a bet was when a threw a few hundred bucks on the Steelers week 17 last year against MY Browns at -3.5Final score was about 41-7 I think. This will be similar.Keep in mind we use victory points, so you can not luck your way into a good record.

I would bet 100 bucks, and give 20:1 odds that it will be top 4. The last time I was THIS sure about a bet was when a threw a few hundred bucks on the Steelers week 17 last year against MY Browns at -3.5Final score was about 41-7 I think. This will be similar.Keep in mind we use victory points, so you can not luck your way into a good record.
You don't have to convince us as long as you're happy with your trade. That's all that matters. Worrying about what others say about it is useless to you.

You don't have to convince us as long as you're happy with your trade. That's all that matters. Worrying about what others say about it is useless to you.
It wasnt MY trade. Also, pretty silly thing to say on a message board where people are asking other people's opinions. Hmmmmmmhere is how good it was.............others in the league are PISSED about it

14 team PPR. Off season roster 30 players in season roster limit is 24.

I was sitting at 27 and not sure who I wanted to cut.

Gave: M. Bush, B. Scott and Torrain

Got: 2012 1st rounder should be top 6

Left me with McCoy, Blount and Turner to cover my 2 RB spots this year.

14 team PPR. Off season roster 30 players in season roster limit is 24.I was sitting at 27 and not sure who I wanted to cut.Gave: M. Bush, B. Scott and TorrainGot: 2012 1st rounder should be top 6Left me with McCoy, Blount and Turner to cover my 2 RB spots this year.
I like that deal for you.

Team A gave up Forsett, Justin SEA RB;Lynch, Marshawn SEA RB;Decker, Eric DEN WR; Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick

Team B gave up Amendola, Danny STL WR;Boldin, Anquan BAL WR

Team B had Ryan Williams as his RB3.

Gave: Antonio Brown

Got: Javon Ringer, 2012 2nd (likely late)

I have Chris Johnson, and don't need Brown at all (Megatron/Nicks/Wallace/Austin are starters, with solid depth)

12 team PPR.

Start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1d/st, 1k

Rosters currently at 29, must cut to 25 by September 1.

Team A gets Denarius Moore

Team B gets Team A's 2012 4th round rookie pick

14 team non-PPR

Gave: Fitzgerald, 2, 4 round picks of 2011, 3 round 2012

Got: Garcon, 1.02 of 2011 (will be J. Jones), 1 round of 2012 (probably high pick)

Did I give up too much? :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not involved in this.

Team a gave

2012 1st

Team b gave

2011 4.01 & 4.02. (these ended up being Denarius Moore and John Beck).

14 team PPR. Off season roster 30 players in season roster limit is 24.I was sitting at 27 and not sure who I wanted to cut.Gave: M. Bush, B. Scott and TorrainGot: 2012 1st rounder should be top 6Left me with McCoy, Blount and Turner to cover my 2 RB spots this year.
I don't beleive in over-valuing draft picks, but at least get something useful for a first rounder.

Team A gets Denarius MooreTeam B gets Team A's 2012 4th round rookie pick
So Team B drafts Moore in Round 3 or 4 this year - gets flooded with positive camp news about how great Moore looks and then trades him for a 4th next year. Wow - not sure how some of these leagues last with such poor owners.

Team A gets Denarius MooreTeam B gets Team A's 2012 4th round rookie pick
So Team B drafts Moore in Round 3 or 4 this year - gets flooded with positive camp news about how great Moore looks and then trades him for a 4th next year. Wow - not sure how some of these leagues last with such poor owners.
Pretty crazy for sure. Moore was drafted as the 9th pick in the 4th round (45 overall) back on May 19th. Looking at the guy's roster, he is not loaded at WR.He appears to be struggling with deciding on who to cut from his roster as the league cut down date is coming. Rosters are to be trimmed from 29 to 25. I am happy to give him my next year's #4 for Moore. I am either going to stash him on my roster or try to package him in a deal to get better talent or picks. But several owners in my league are struggling with the cut down. I am looking at it as an opportunity to dumpster dive and find that treasure in the trash.

Not involved in this. Team a gave 2012 1stTeam b gave2011 4.01 & 4.02. (these ended up being Denarius Moore and John Beck).
Interesting one. I could see doing that even though it is an insane overpay based on a pick calculator like Dodds.
The OP didn't mention this league has a funky split draft, first three rounds held in June, then the fourth round began 8-22. The pick calculator is irrelevant for this league situation.

12 team, non-ppr

Team A received: M Vick, DeShaun Jackson, 2011 3.09, 2012 1st

Team B received: M Ryan, Roddy White, 2011 1.05

10 team superflex non-PPR

Ryan Williams (drafted at 1.7 day before injury)

for

2.7 (Kendall Hunter)

ETA: 2nd trace

Ronnie Brown

for

12 team PPR.Start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1te, 1d/st, 1kRosters currently at 29, must cut to 25 by September 1.Team A gets Denarius MooreTeam B gets Team A's 2012 4th round rookie pick
Not involved in this. Team a gave 2012 1stTeam b gave2011 4.01 & 4.02. (these ended up being Denarius Moore and John Beck).
Wow. Two different owners in different leagues valuing Moore DRASTICALLY different...especially since the guy who traded him in the first deal had to have drafted him in the 3rd or 4th originally in the first place...

Sent Juilo Jones,Brandon Marshal. Received Calvin Johnson, Tim Hightower.
Insanity
Which side?
I don't think its insanity at all. I'd take the Marshall/Jones side but its.not bad IMO.
I agree, I could make arguments for both sides.
Calvin is a superstud, and arguably a top 3 dynasty player, as many have him #1 overall. It looks like Hightower is inline for a very nice season, and I would say the difference between Hightower and Julio is much closer than the difference between Marshall and Calvin. If this was a startup Calvin would be a top 3-5 pick, with Marshall and Julio going in the 4th round range. Hightower is also a nice throw in, as he would be going in the 8th or 9th round area.

Insanity
Which side?
I don't think its insanity at all. I'd take the Marshall/Jones side but its.not bad IMO.
Calvin is a superstud, and arguably a top 3 dynasty player, as many have him #1 overall. It looks like Hightower is inline for a very nice season, and I would say the difference between Hightower and Julio is much closer than the difference between Marshall and Calvin. If this was a startup Calvin would be a top 3-5 pick, with Marshall and Julio going in the 4th round range. Hightower is also a nice throw in, as he would be going in the 8th or 9th round area.
I would say no way in hell is Hightower close to Julio in value. In 2 years, Julio could be the next...Calvin Johnson.I would take either side depending on my team's situation.

Insanity
Which side?
I am agreeing that I would pay that for Calvin all day long, however it didn't have me shaking my head as much as you. Calvin is a player that has not reached his level yet, hopefully someday we get to see him put together a complete season. I think this is the reason that this trade is closer than you think.

I would say no way in hell is Hightower close to Julio in value. In 2 years, Julio could be the next...Calvin Johnson.I would take either side depending on my team's situation.
What situation is the Julio/Marshall side preferable? I don't think Marshall/Julio outscores Calvin and a WR you can get for Hightower straight up. Not in the next couple years and not long term. If you really need an extra WR, there were smarter ways of going about it than giving up a top 5 player.

Gave: Denarius Moore, Jordan Norwood

Got: Joseph Addai, Cam Newton, 2012 3rd, 2013 4th

I'm holding Moore in another league because I do believe in him, but Addai (I've already got Carter) gives me an option at RB2 in this league along with Beanie who I already have, where I have a roster capable of winning it all. Couldn't pass it up, and I'm hoping I've got the Colts backfield locked up now.

I would say no way in hell is Hightower close to Julio in value. In 2 years, Julio could be the next...Calvin Johnson.

I would take either side depending on my team's situation.
What situation is the Julio/Marshall side preferable? I don't think Marshall/Julio outscores Calvin and a WR you can get for Hightower straight up. Not in the next couple years and not long term. If you really need an extra WR, there were smarter ways of going about it than giving up a top 5 player.
Perhaps, but how does that make it a bad deal? If Julio + Marshall = Calvin and a WR you could get for Hightower, wouldn't that make this deal even? Marshall and Julio are both top 50 dynasty players IMO, Hightower isn't in the top 100. Calvin is still worth a bit more IMO, but this trade isn't bad at all if you like Julio.

'eakfootball said:
'Andrew74 said:
12 Team, 0.5PPR leagueTeam A: Andre Johnson, MendenhallTeam B: MJD, Julio Jones
Team A got the 2 best players.
Just curious as the OP is a little confusing about who gave and who received which two players - but who are the best two players in your opinion?I'd say long term Julio Jones may be better, but Andre is obviopusly a better bet than Jones for 2011 production and is safer since he's established and still has at least 3 seasons left before decline.MJD's injury may be a little scary right now but he's the better player than Mendy (although they are close).I viewed this deal as fairly even depending on what the teams were trying to accomplish (i.e. rebuild, compete now).

Users who are viewing this thread