What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 offseason dynasty trades (2 Viewers)

12 Team PPRGave:1.062.01Micheal TurnerGot:Matt Forte.
Ouch
Very painful ouch.
That's some wonderful insight. Would that be "Ouch" for THe team that gave up Turner and the picks or "Very painful ouch" for the team that gave up Forte?
Neither. It would be both "Ouch" and "Very painful ouch" for the team that gave up Turner + Picks.I understand that Forte's value is accentuated, and Turner's diminished, in PPR leagues, but I think you gave too much.
Team A gave it up easier than a freshman on prom night.
Really ???? He who laughs last....

Ouch
Very painful ouch.
That's some wonderful insight. Would that be "Ouch" for THe team that gave up Turner and the picks or "Very painful ouch" for the team that gave up Forte?
Neither. It would be both "Ouch" and "Very painful ouch" for the team that gave up Turner + Picks.I understand that Forte's value is accentuated, and Turner's diminished, in PPR leagues, but I think you gave too much.
Great trade John. What hurts the team that got Turner even more is since we only have 20 man rosters he ended up having to trade the players picked at 1.06 and 2.01 because they were not going to make his roster making this trade that much more painful for him.I traded Welker away in 3 dynasty leagues this year so I know how that feels.

Ouch
Very painful ouch.
Seems like Turner, Little or Torrey, and Cam would be worth a lot more?

12 team non-pprTeam A GaveChris JohnsonReggie WayneGreg OlsenTeam B GaveJahvid BestMatthew StaffordJimmy GrahamChaz Schilensrookie pick 1.8
Guess Team A believes in quantity over quality ? Gave away CJ way too cheaply. Schilens is barely rosterable, and 1.08 this year will be weak. Wayne still has a few solid years left.
Laughable.
Still think so?
Haven't been to the forum in a while...Laughable no...but really, from January? Back in the early Spring I would have dealt Wayne plus some dressing for Sidney, or Wayne to Crab and Crab and window dressing to Sidney or Maclin. Of note, I hated Wayne's value at the time (outside of my top 30 dynasty rankings in January) yet it's not lost on me what his market value was at the time. A buddy of mine told me a few weeks ago he still went for AJ Green. This is an EXTREME instance, I understand, but in January you could have added dressing for the 1.4 and dressed the 1.4 to acquire 1.3 for Julio Jones (it may have taken two trades, but I ain't scurred).I would have then dealt Chris Johnson for DMC and a mid 1st-ish type value. I stand by that I still make that trade back then; I could have done equal to or better than the parts obtained even after the obvious appreciation in value. If you don't believe me I understand. The guy acquiring Best/Graham/Stafford/pick won this trade if he doesn't trade often and kept Wayne and Chris Johnson both until the time of your bump, without question!Although in January I still don't make the above trade, I also don't claim to get them all right. I take my chances trading with 100% of owners I am in leagues with and have done a fair job at it. We all lose trades (or call them wrong), and I'm the largest proponent you will ever meet of divesting at a capped value (a la CJ3 last year, Wayne I have not owned in 3 years). "Cashing out" is all well and good, just not below the market like this was (if you had assumed you used the market to your advantage at the time and not held on Wayne like an idiot). I just visited your site for the first time; I suppose I have a lot to learn. Look forward to learning more about your direction and style in the coming weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread