What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warning - FOG/Presidential Suite dynasty leagues - Do I feel like a su (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeysee

Footballguy
I really think I am through with fantasy football unless it is a league run with League Safe. The commish collected 15k in fees for the FOG/Presidential Suite dynasty leagues and doesn't have a dime of the money to pay out at the end of the season. He paid out winnings last season, smart move considering he added more leagues the following season. Gain some trust, collect more cash. He claims he will pay every cent back, but I know better. Lesson learned.

edit:

Added league name to title

Also - I know emotions are high. But understand up front, talk about physically threatening people will mean you won't be posting here anymore. Keep it to facts that you know and don't make claims as fact when you don't know what you're saying to be a fact.

J

Last edited by a moderator:
What would it take for personal accounts to be garnished? Any legal gurus?

I don't think a guy with nothing, will be coming up with 15G anytime soon.

That sucks.

Sadly, it seems we are hearing of more and more crap like this these days. I'm sure the state of the economy has a lot to do with this. Sucks for our game though, as there is A LOT of "blind trust" that is given every season. I was a part of a smaller FFL site (moderator), and one of the Admin's had been commishing leagues for years. Nothing major (mostly $100 leagues). Well last season he added a $350 league (along with his handful of other leagues). Basically stiffed everybody (including myself) for the tune of nearly 7K. Gave a BS story.......went in and wiped every league page clean (leagues run at MFL). No trace of anything, besides copies of e-mails I kept from this scumbag. Deleted his e-mail, changed his cell #, ect, ect. Considered the guy a "friend" (if there is such a thing in cyberspace). Really made me take a step back and rethink my position when playing FFL for $$$. Needless to say, I cut my leagues WAY back this season. I know just how you feel.........it still leaves a lump in my gut when I think about it.

Yeah kinda makes it seem like an even better idea to just play in the leagues with the knuckleheads from work. Not only do they typically suck at this, but you can get ahold of them easy if they decide to try anything shady!

:bowtie:

Where does he live? Someone on here has to live close enough to find him.
What could you do without going to jail?
Lots of things.Paging David Dodds.
Like what?I suppose getting him in trouble with his work, if he organized any of this on the clock.But doing something stupid to recover a $300 gambling debt is more questionable than giving a stranger $300 in the first place.
I think you hit the nail on the head regarding work. Anything under four digits I would probably forget about it. If he lives local, he could mow your lawn for the next decade.

Sadly, it seems we are hearing of more and more crap like this these days. I'm sure the state of the economy has a lot to do with this. Sucks for our game though, as there is A LOT of "blind trust" that is given every season. I was a part of a smaller FFL site (moderator), and one of the Admin's had been commishing leagues for years. Nothing major (mostly $100 leagues). Well last season he added a $350 league (along with his handful of other leagues). Basically stiffed everybody (including myself) for the tune of nearly 7K. Gave a BS story.......went in and wiped every league page clean (leagues run at MFL). No trace of anything, besides copies of e-mails I kept from this scumbag. Deleted his e-mail, changed his cell #, ect, ect. Considered the guy a "friend" (if there is such a thing in cyberspace). Really made me take a step back and rethink my position when playing FFL for $$$. Needless to say, I cut my leagues WAY back this season. I know just how you feel.........it still leaves a lump in my gut when I think about it.
:goodposting: This guy had me fooled as well. I would like to beleive him when he says he will pay out what he owes, but like someone mentioned, a guy that is stuck 15k and has none of it, isn't likely to come up with it anytime soon.I feel bad for so many. I plan on discussing the matter in person. I want to know his plan is for paying what he owes. The ole "I promise to pay back every cent." just isn't cutting it for me right now. Especially when I have 1500+ coming to me.

Tough pill to swallow for sure. I had a feeling when he hadn't been to the site in 8 days and was not updating us much on playoff picture, etc. that something might be up.

I'm in PRES ii and this is very frustrating. I feel we're entitled to know every detail of what happened to our money. I'm only out $125 (75 deposit from year one, 50 deposit from year two). I never felt comfortable with the deposit thing and to boot he only lists his first name (Aquil) on the league site. That should have been a warning right there. If I had to guess (without knowing) I would say he either gambled all the money away, or had this planned all along, or lost it some other way. Like I said, we're entitled to know. Not so sure about the garnishing excuse either, but even if that's true it doesn't get him off the hook for what he owes. I came in 2nd last year and he did pay me, so if paying out winnings last year was a way to get more players, then that was clever. Again, I don't know that for sure, all I know is these leagues are in trouble. In the leagues I commish I keep all league funds in my PayPal Acct and not a bank acct. I've been a commissioner for many years and have NEVER not paid out league winnings. I don't mix league money with my money and that's something Aquil should have done. I've got his phone numbers and oak_assassin email address, which are probably not valid anymore.

These scumbags need to be outed publicly so they don't get the opportunity to do this again to other unsuspecting ff players.

Names, addresses, id on this site and others, aliases, etc.

There should be a running list of known deadbeats.

So far all I found was an email he used when he played in one of my dynasty leagues in 2007.

oak_assassin@yahoo.com

Since he was a registered user here, surely a FBG staff can get his IP, info right?

So far all I found was an email he used when he played in one of my dynasty leagues in 2007. oak_assassin@yahoo.comSince he was a registered user here, surely a FBG staff can get his IP, info right?
I can see why they'd be reluctant to share that information.

add in Chris Bruce who ran the Brucezone. Ran off with quite a bit of money, although he didnt hide and did pay out "as much as he could" this year, still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth

So far all I found was an email he used when he played in one of my dynasty leagues in 2007. oak_assassin@yahoo.comSince he was a registered user here, surely a FBG staff can get his IP, info right?
Old IP addresses are probably useless aside from identifying his service provider. It takes a good deal of court orders to get internet providers to research who had what IP at a given time. If the case becomes criminal it might provide useful, but otherwise you need something current if you had some way of doing something with the address.

just found another email for this POS. allan_fern@yahoo.com
Well, that's supposedly his buddy. Unless it's an alias. But I think it's his buddy. He lives out in Cali too. Goes by RoyDubb on this board, I think.

He has made posts on fftodayforums, fantasyfootballcafe forums, RTsports, and of course here. Perhaps SOMEONE in one of his leagues has his full address, phone, info?

So far all I found was an email he used when he played in one of my dynasty leagues in 2007.

oak_assassin@yahoo.com

Since he was a registered user here, surely a FBG staff can get his IP, info right?
Old IP addresses are probably useless aside from identifying his service provider. It takes a good deal of court orders to get internet providers to research who had what IP at a given time. If the case becomes criminal it might provide useful, but otherwise you need something current if you had some way of doing something with the address.
Isn't stealing $15k a felony?

Looks like ill be in 2 less dynasty leagues next year. Laaame :hot:

The only positive is i didnt win either league so i dont have any money coming my way. Still pissed, i liked both teams...

just found another email for this POS. allan_fern@yahoo.com
Well, that's supposedly his buddy. Unless it's an alias. But I think it's his buddy. He lives out in Cali too. Goes by RoyDubb on this board, I think.
He used that email when he was in my league, its him. This guy probably plays in leagues with multiple teams...what a d'bag.
I always kind of suspected that. "They" traded all the time.

I'm in one of his leagues too. I don't care about losing my $100 or whatever it was, but this is a pretty widespread shakedown affecting a lot of people on this site. I'd like to see the guy brought to justice. He started A LOT of leagues this past season. Usually with a high number of teams and a fairly high buy in ($100-200). Do the math and you can see that he stands to make in excess of $10k. This kind of behavior shouldn't surprise anyone who has ever read a history book, but it's disgusting all the same.

Any lawyers out there? What are our options? I'm willing to throw in some money to track this POS down. I would encourage all of the other victims to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread