What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warning - FOG/Presidential Suite dynasty leagues - Do I feel like a su (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This really pisses me off. his alias was always trying to trade for future dev picks and ofcourse we had to pay for next year if we did that. Im paid up for next year in one of the leagues. I didnt do it for the other even tho the alias kept trying. Man this pisses me off. :bag:

And his fees were always collect more up front.........from his bylaws........

League Fees/Payout

League Entry Fee Schedule (5 year commitment)

1st Year - $300 + ($150 deposit)

2nd Year - $300 + ($75 deposit)

3rd Year - $250

4th Year - $225

5th Year - $200

6th Year…….League vote on whether to continue league with a re-draft, or continue with status quo (which must be unanimous)

just found another email for this POS. allan_fern@yahoo.com
Well, that's supposedly his buddy. Unless it's an alias. But I think it's his buddy. He lives out in Cali too. Goes by RoyDubb on this board, I think.
He used that email when he was in my league, its him. This guy probably plays in leagues with multiple teams...what a d'bag.
I always kind of suspected that. "They" traded all the time.
I found three more three more email addresses for Allan Fernando:allan_fern@yahoo.comballzofsteel.ffl@gmail.comeafern@gmail.com

I think Allen is his friend. I have talked with him he was always a nice guy. I dont know if he commished

just found another email for this POS. allan_fern@yahoo.com
Well, that's supposedly his buddy. Unless it's an alias. But I think it's his buddy. He lives out in Cali too. Goes by RoyDubb on this board, I think.
He used that email when he was in my league, its him. This guy probably plays in leagues with multiple teams...what a d'bag.
I always kind of suspected that. "They" traded all the time.
I found three more three more email addresses for Allan Fernando:allan_fern@yahoo.comballzofsteel.ffl@gmail.comeafern@gmail.com
Allan is a real dude.

I'm in one of his leagues too. I don't care about losing my $100 or whatever it was, but this is a pretty widespread shakedown affecting a lot of people on this site. I'd like to see the guy brought to justice. He started A LOT of leagues this past season. Usually with a high number of teams and a fairly high buy in ($100-200). Do the math and you can see that he stands to make in excess of $10k. This kind of behavior shouldn't surprise anyone who has ever read a history book, but it's disgusting all the same. Any lawyers out there? What are our options? I'm willing to throw in some money to track this POS down. I would encourage all of the other victims to do the same.
We've found his full name, place of work, work address and work phone. Unless he doesn't work there anymore. So stay tuned...

And his fees were always collect more up front.........from his bylaws........League Fees/PayoutLeague Entry Fee Schedule (5 year commitment)1st Year - $300 + ($150 deposit)2nd Year - $300 + ($75 deposit)3rd Year - $2504th Year - $2255th Year - $2006th Year…….League vote on whether to continue league with a re-draft, or continue with status quo (which must be unanimous)
Coin, this is what it makes it so bad. Since he started most of these leagues two years ago and this year, we are all out of not only this year's fees/winnings, but also next year's deposits and as many alluded to, the entire fees for next season. I think the 15k stated is probably a low-end estimate.

Looks like ill be in 2 less dynasty leagues next year. Laaame :bag:

The only positive is i didnt win either league so i dont have any money coming my way. Still pissed, i liked both teams...
Yes you do if he charged your league a deposit fee in year one, year two, etc. In Pres II it was $75 year one and $50 year two and was supposed to be $25 year three. All of that in addition to the normal league fees of $150. In year 4 $150 fee no deposit, and in year 5 the entry fee was to be free, then year 6 on $50 annually. I should have know from that this was a scam. He owes me $125 in past deposit money paid. The year 5 free should have warned everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
And his fees were always collect more up front.........from his bylaws........League Fees/PayoutLeague Entry Fee Schedule (5 year commitment)1st Year - $300 + ($150 deposit)2nd Year - $300 + ($75 deposit)3rd Year - $2504th Year - $2255th Year - $2006th Year…….League vote on whether to continue league with a re-draft, or continue with status quo (which must be unanimous)
Coin, this is what it makes it so bad. Since he started most of these leagues two years ago and this year, we are all out of not only this year's fees/winnings, but also next year's deposits and as many alluded to, the entire fees for next season. I think the 15k stated is probably a low-end estimate.
Exactly.............I remember when he was pedaling his leagues at Fever. This is bad................ :thumbup:

The good news is that there should be some good startups this offseason as a bunch of solid owners are out of leagues.

If anyone reputable is starting a $200+ startup dynasty this offseason please PM me.

Sorry to those who got scammed but let's make the best of this and start up a new league with great owners.

Looks like ill be in 2 less dynasty leagues next year. Laaame :thumbup: The only positive is i didnt win either league so i dont have any money coming my way. Still pissed, i liked both teams...
Yes you do if he charged your league depostis in year one, two, etc. In Pres II it was $75 year one and $50 year two and was supposed to be $25 year three. All of that in addition to the normal league fees of $150. In year 4 $150 fee no deposit, and in year 5 the entry fee was to be free, then year 6 on $50 annually. I should have know from that this was a scam. He owes me $125 in past deposit money paid. The year 5 free should have warned everyone.
True, I meant i didnt have any of this years winnings coming my way. Still out for deposits and crap.. :shrug:

The good news is that there should be some good startups this offseason as a bunch of solid owners are out of leagues.If anyone reputable is starting a $200+ startup dynasty this offseason please PM me.Sorry to those who got scammed but let's make the best of this and start up a new league with great owners.
If this is shtick, my apologies. But really?

Many State Attorneys General have websites where you can file complaints. Washington State has one, but California does not. If you're in a state with that option, file the complain and see if they'll go after the guy for fraud.

The problem is ... not sure that the leagues are legal in some states. May be considered gambling. In which case, you can't really turn to the authorities.

The good news is that there should be some good startups this offseason as a bunch of solid owners are out of leagues.If anyone reputable is starting a $200+ startup dynasty this offseason please PM me.Sorry to those who got scammed but let's make the best of this and start up a new league with great owners.
I might be a tad gun shy after this. :thumbup:

The folks at Leaguesafe love this thread!

The folks at Leaguesafe love this thread!
Too true! Perhaps they remit 1% of their 3% to the OP!

No, i am very picky about which leagues i join and there haven't been any in the past couple offseason that intrigued me because most really good owners are already in many leagues.This event, although unfortunate, opens up a whole pool of great owners who will likely be looking to join a new startup.I don't mean to insult or offend anyone, but at the same time we need to make the best of it and get a solid league with great owners started.

Anyone joining a dynasty league, PLEASE ask around before you do. Get emails and phone numbers from people currently in the leagues. No reason to risk NOT doing your homework first!

No, i am very picky about which leagues i join and there haven't been any in the past couple offseason that intrigued me because most really good owners are already in many leagues.This event, although unfortunate, opens up a whole pool of great owners who will likely be looking to join a new startup.I don't mean to insult or offend anyone, but at the same time we need to make the best of it and get a solid league with great owners started.
Its not the owners i worry about, its the commish!!

I wasn't offended by your post. I see your point.

68 User(s) are reading this topic (29 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

38 Members: G-Money, wdcrob, JohnW1970, JohnnyU, Eastwood, Coin Flip, Dawg Pound 69, cbatm32, Banger, humpback, Rozman, Northbound Train, JPeso, Black, Grid71, NJJets, tommy300, ookook, soothsayer, yellowdog, imagroid, Bash, EBF, todisco1, gianmarco, Orlando RMF, Kenlin, austinke, Zane Hunt, mulliganm, lodnerpantz, E-A-G-L-E-S, maestro, Toomuchnv, vonbrocklin, midnight_green81, Dreamer, joefootball

Ha, I would say this guy is worse. Probably took more than 15k from people and gambled it all away.

I'm in 1 league Addicts league that Oakassasin is an owner in, he hasn't been there in 23 days. In 1 Backyardbrawl league with that ballzfosteel owner, he was on the site 6 hours ago. I posted in the chat there that he should probably take a look at this thread.

Anyone know his last name? All I have is Aquil. I could do some inernet research if I had his last name. I think I can anyway. I will try later tonight. Another warning was he never posted his last name, or he didn't in PRES ii.

Anyone know his last name? All I have is Aquil. I could do some inernet research if I had his last name. I think I can anyway. I will try later tonight. Another warning was he never posted his last name, or he didn't in PRES ii.
Salahudeen

I'm in 1 league Addicts league that Oakassasin is an owner in, he hasn't been there in 23 days. In 1 Backyardbrawl league with that ballzfosteel owner, he was on the site 6 hours ago. I posted in the chat there that he should probably take a look at this thread.
Just be grateful he isnt the commish in them.

Yes, I have been lucky with the Backyard Brawl and Addicts leagues and Coin Flips leagues, all seem to be very solid commishes. Was in 2 of Chris Bruces leagues and luckily got my $500 or so in winnings right after the season ended last year before everything blew up.

68 User(s) are reading this topic (29 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

38 Members: G-Money, wdcrob, JohnW1970, JohnnyU, Eastwood, Coin Flip, Dawg Pound 69, cbatm32, Banger, humpback, Rozman, Northbound Train, JPeso, Black, Grid71, NJJets, tommy300, ookook, soothsayer, yellowdog, imagroid, Bash, EBF, todisco1, gianmarco, Orlando RMF, Kenlin, austinke, Zane Hunt, mulliganm, lodnerpantz, E-A-G-L-E-S, maestro, Toomuchnv, vonbrocklin, midnight_green81, Dreamer, joefootball

Ha, I would say this guy is worse. Probably took more than 15k from people and gambled it all away.
X1) The amount owed is under 10k.

2) I paid back about $800 towards the leagues this past month so am sticking to paying people back.

In the leagues I commish I keep all league funds in my PayPal Acct and not a bank acct. I don't mix league money with my money and that's something Aquil should have done.
:thumbup:I use paypal as well for the 4 leagues I commish (been doing so since '04), but don't keep them in paypal because I've heard of paypal freezing funds. I keep in a bank account I opened exclusivley for FF leagues I commish. I think you're comment on not mixing funds is HUGE. If any commish does that... that's a big risk.

I am in discussions with a few leaguemates of starting a 16 team, 2 conference Dynasty league this off-season...may not be $200 but it will definetely be $100 or more...Feel free to PM ....I Commish several leagues and have very good references. All of my leagues pay into League Safe and I paid all leagues in full by Noon, the day after the Tuesday night Philly game :shrug:

cbatm32 said:
In the leagues I commish I keep all league funds in my PayPal Acct and not a bank acct. I don't mix league money with my money and that's something Aquil should have done.
:shrug:I use paypal as well for the 4 leagues I commish (been doing so since '04), but don't keep them in paypal because I've heard of paypal freezing funds. I keep in a bank account I opened exclusivley for FF leagues I commish. I think you're comment on not mixing funds is HUGE. If any commish does that... that's a big risk.
I still think LeagueSafe is a huge idea or at least keeping the amount an individual commish has down. I know at one point I had almost instant access to approx. 15K at anytime. Even with a trustworthy commish the temptation is there...
apparently...

I am in discussions with a few leaguemates of starting a 16 team, 2 conference Dynasty league this off-season...may not be $200 but it will definetely be $100 or more...Feel free to PM ....I Commish several leagues and have very good references. All of my leagues pay into League Safe and I paid all leagues in full by Noon, the day after the Tuesday night Philly game :shrug:
Im down 2 leagues, need owners?

Dr. Awesome said:
Ksquared said:
Try http://www.spokeo.com/

Just found out about this site. Type in his name and pick which one. It gave a google satelite view of my house, kinda scary what information is out there. But for some of these scum bags, it would not hurt to let everyone in the league on to this website.
Whoa. Scary.
Not that scary. I put in my own name and it gave my old address from over 3 years ago and the wrong phone number.

Looks like ill be in 2 less dynasty leagues next year. Laaame :shrug: The only positive is i didnt win either league so i dont have any money coming my way. Still pissed, i liked both teams...
Yep I am minus 2 leagues as well. Sadly I am in 2 of Aquil's leagues and have 2 strong teams.

cbatm32 said:
No it isnt. Never have been tempted to take a dollar.
Well congrats, you must be more mature/stronger than I was at the time I started. I was 21 when I started running the leagues 3 years ago and went from a little bit of money I had to the temptation of having 15K at my fingertips at the same time I was introduced to poker. Should I have not done it? Obviously. Do I wish I hadn't done it? Obviously. But that's not the argument anymore. Point is I'm still sticking through my mistake and paying people back and have got out off the FF world and poker world altogether, every last team I own/commish.Now as for this guy, I don't know if you guys will be as lucky as the owners from my leagues that have me out here making things (yes even Tolly) right without having to hunt him down.
You're probably lucky someone didn't break your leg. Last thing anyone here needs is you preaching about stealing money.

Im down 2 leagues, need owners?
PM me so I have this all in one place.....thanks

cbatm32 said:
Well congrats, you must be more mature/stronger than I was at the time I started. I was 21 when I started running the leagues 3 years ago and went from a little bit of money I had to the temptation of having 15K at my fingertips at the same time I was introduced to poker. Should I have not done it? Obviously. Do I wish I hadn't done it? Obviously. But that's not the argument anymore. Point is I'm still sticking through my mistake and paying people back and have got out off the FF world and poker world altogether, every last team I own/commish.Now as for this guy, I don't know if you guys will be as lucky as the owners from my leagues that have me out here making things (yes even Tolly) right without having to hunt him down.
Well, there you go.

cbatm32 said:
cbatm32 said:
You're probably lucky someone didn't break your leg. Last thing anyone here needs is you preaching about stealing money.
I was pointed out as being worse than this guy, was defending myself, sorry but no one in my leagues is owed anywhere near what this Aquil guy did (someone said $1500 plus $225 deposits from EVERYONE?)...10 guys I owe are between $300-$600 while 80 are all under $100. I wasn't replying in this thread till attacked by Tolly as being worse than this guy. So sorry for defending myself.
We're just a bit pissy right now is all. Im glad you are paying your leaguemates back. :lmao:

cbatm i posted something but deleted it because it was not excellent and i dont need the bad karma

i will simply say this no one is lucky to have met you they are unlucky you cheated them and now you are paying them back yes but you probably arent paying interest and everything else the law would afford them so if anyone is lucky its you that no one has pressed the issue legally

you dont get to defend yourself when you did wrong sometimes you just have to lump it and take it because if you did it you did it

life lesson and then move on and get what your actions earned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread