Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monkeysee

Warning - FOG/Presidential Suite dynasty leagues - Do I feel like a su

If you don't know someone personally, why would you trust them with your cash? That mystifies me.

--Established presence on FBG--Established leagues with a record of payouts for multiple years--A lot of time and thought in terms of the bylaws and league structure/rules--The probability that someone wouldn't be stupid enough to steal from people who know his name and have personal contact info.Obviously that's not enough. But that's what I looked at when I joined.I'm intrigued by the possibility of Federal Wire Fraud laws being broken here. Will let everyone know what I find when I get more info.
Exactly why I joined Pres Suite 1. Been following since last night but am new to this dance. Just wanted to add a few things. He sent everyone an email saying he "was going on vacation and would make payouts in 2 weeks" just before the last week of the playoffs. His story is garbage, if his accounts were frozen it didn't happen overnight and there's no way he could've went on vacation, even to an all inclusive, with frozen bank accounts. He was buying time. My guess is he either spent it irresponsibly, lost it gambling, or straight up stole it (my guess). I'm an experienced player and knew there were risks with sending $150 to someone i didn't know, but accepted those risks because his references checked out and we had contact info. I didn't know he started 3 more leagues this year after starting Pres suite 1. who would want to commish six 16-team D-leagues with their personal time if they weren't hustling people? I'm sure some people would, but starting 4 d-leagues in a year was a red flag.Aquil's email was sent to buy more time. He figured he might get sympathy if he claimed he had to file bankruptcy or something. He had to leave the details "vague" because most things that can get your accounts frozen are public record. Figured there's only 4-5 winners in each league, so 10-12 guys from each league won't even question it since they didn't win, which cuts his worries. The email was a "nice try" but didn't work because my league called him out on the BS story immediately.Either way, the money is gone, so I'm focusing on emailing his work account (if they use an exchange server, they have an administrator who likely reads those emails) to ask where my gambling winnings are, and posting him on as many websites with strong search engine results as I can, so I can make sure when he does get fired from Micrel, google will do our justice for us when he's looking for a new job.And, no, the picture on his facebook account is not him. He recently changed it to make himself look like a 12 year old boy. Smart move when you got 90 guys across the country who want to know what you look like.

If you don't know someone personally, why would you trust them with your cash? That mystifies me.

--Established presence on FBG

--Established leagues with a record of payouts for multiple years

--A lot of time and thought in terms of the bylaws and league structure/rules

--The probability that someone wouldn't be stupid enough to steal from people who know his name and have personal contact info.

Obviously that's not enough. But that's what I looked at when I joined.

I'm intrigued by the possibility of Federal Wire Fraud laws being broken here. Will let everyone know what I find when I get more info.

Exactly why I joined Pres Suite 1.

Been following since last night but am new to this dance. Just wanted to add a few things. He sent everyone an email saying he "was going on vacation and would make payouts in 2 weeks" just before the last week of the playoffs. His story is garbage, if his accounts were frozen it didn't happen overnight and there's no way he could've went on vacation, even to an all inclusive, with frozen bank accounts. He was buying time. My guess is he either spent it irresponsibly, lost it gambling, or straight up stole it (my guess). I'm an experienced player and knew there were risks with sending $150 to someone i didn't know, but accepted those risks because his references checked out and we had contact info. I didn't know he started 3 more leagues this year after starting Pres suite 1. who would want to commish six 16-team D-leagues with their personal time if they weren't hustling people? I'm sure some people would, but starting 4 d-leagues in a year was a red flag.

Aquil's email was sent to buy more time. He figured he might get sympathy if he claimed he had to file bankruptcy or something. He had to leave the details "vague" because most things that can get your accounts frozen are public record. Figured there's only 4-5 winners in each league, so 10-12 guys from each league won't even question it since they didn't win, which cuts his worries. The email was a "nice try" but didn't work because my league called him out on the BS story immediately.

Either way, the money is gone, so I'm focusing on emailing his work account (if they use an exchange server, they have an administrator who likely reads those emails) to ask where my gambling winnings are, and posting him on as many websites with strong search engine results as I can, so I can make sure when he does get fired from Micrel, google will do our justice for us when he's looking for a new job.

And, no, the picture on his facebook account is not him. He recently changed it to make himself look like a 12 year old boy. Smart move when you got 90 guys across the country who want to know what you look like.

Sounds more planned to me the more I read this thread.

Shame this was moved to AC forum. Not nearly as many people will see it. You'd think they would want fellow FF players to know about guys like this. :wub:

Either way, the money is gone, so I'm focusing on emailing his work account (if they use an exchange server, they have an administrator who likely reads those emails) to ask where my gambling winnings are, and posting him on as many websites with strong search engine results as I can, so I can make sure when he does get fired from Micrel, google will do our justice for us when he's looking for a new job.

I wouldn't use the word "gambling" in any communication with him. Anything that might lower your chances of getting money back isn't a good idea.

Well guys... looks like I'll need to replace Kremenull as a member of my league. Check out his team below.

If you are interested in taking over this team in a $75 dyno let me know.

Oh and yes I'm actually a legit, non money stealing commish. I can provide references. I know a few of you in this thread already play in my leauges.

http://football5.myfantasyleague.com/2010/...=10821&O=07

Thanks,

Ben

Mods,

I would strongly suggest not keeping this in the untraveled AC forum.

Your website has a forum dedicated for owners to try to join leagues with one another.

Leagues, where one of your members premeditatedly stole what looks like 15-20k from more members of your website.

We are a community of people who tend to trust one another based on how we interact on your forum.

This community needs to be aware of someone who may try to do this again.

This along with other names should probably be pinned somewhere.

Maybe the Looking for Leagues forum, where people can post names of people or something.

Perhaps this will help new comers avoid potential financial pitfalls.

ETA:

This is not one owner looking for some assistance, for being out $600 of a super bowl win.

This obviously effected many, many of our good members, and despite having a forum dedicated to people looking for leagues, there should be SOME mention that there are people on this AME forum, looking to take advantage of them.

Ebay, craigslist etc... all of info on how to avoid being scammed, I think footballguys should do the most to protect new/current members as much as possible, and moving something THIS big into the AC is doing just the opposite.

Mods, I would strongly suggest not keeping this in the untraveled AC forum.Your website has a forum dedicated for owners to try to join leagues with one another.Leagues, where one of your members premeditatedly stole what looks like 15-20k from more members of your website.We are a community of people who tend to trust one another based on how we interact on your forum.This community needs to be aware of someone who may try to do this again.This along with other names should probably be pinned somewhere.Maybe the Looking for Leagues forum, where people can post names of people or something.Perhaps this will help new comers avoid potential financial pitfalls.

:wub:

Mods, I would strongly suggest not keeping this in the untraveled AC forum.Your website has a forum dedicated for owners to try to join leagues with one another.Leagues, where one of your members premeditatedly stole what looks like 15-20k from more members of your website.We are a community of people who tend to trust one another based on how we interact on your forum.This community needs to be aware of someone who may try to do this again.This along with other names should probably be pinned somewhere.Maybe the Looking for Leagues forum, where people can post names of people or something.Perhaps this will help new comers avoid potential financial pitfalls.

:wub: I would like an explanation on why it was moved in the first place.

;) I would like an explanation on why it was moved in the first place.
:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:

It's not related to the NFL.

The Shark Pool is reserved for sharing NFL talk and fantasy football strategy discussion

I guess it could be argued that this is a strategy discussion about how to get paid.

Then maybe it belongs in leagues---it seems league related.

Looking for leagues and missing league funds.

The Shark Pool is reserved for sharing NFL talk and fantasy football strategy discussion

I guess it could be argued that this is a strategy discussion about how to get paid.
Yes. Let us sort this out here and we'll see where to place it. I'm putting in the Looking for Leagues for now. What we definitely won't have is posters making threats and such. I know it's a popular thread as people love to do the itoughguy thing and people love to watch a trainwreck. Give us a bit here as I sort it out and see where it needs to go. Thanks.J

Mods, I would strongly suggest not keeping this in the untraveled AC forum.Your website has a forum dedicated for owners to try to join leagues with one another.Leagues, where one of your members premeditatedly stole what looks like 15-20k from more members of your website.We are a community of people who tend to trust one another based on how we interact on your forum.This community needs to be aware of someone who may try to do this again.This along with other names should probably be pinned somewhere.Maybe the Looking for Leagues forum, where people can post names of people or something.Perhaps this will help new comers avoid potential financial pitfalls.ETA:This is not one owner looking for some assistance, for being out $600 of a super bowl win.This obviously effected many, many of our good members, and despite having a forum dedicated to people looking for leagues, there should be SOME mention that there are people on this AME forum, looking to take advantage of them.Ebay, craigslist etc... all of info on how to avoid being scammed, I think footballguys should do the most to protect new/current members as much as possible, and moving something THIS big into the AC is doing just the opposite.

Not only that, but why would this go in the AC forum anyway? What does this have to do with my team, my lineup, WDIS, trades... Seems like Shark Pool 101 to me. After all, this is why we are here. It makes me wonder if they deliberately like to hide this stuff.

add in Chris Bruce who ran the Brucezone. Ran off with quite a bit of money, although he didnt hide and did pay out "as much as he could" this year, still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth

story?

this guy?

http://twitter.com/brucezone

he is cbatm32 who had the balls to post in this thread, unreal

:goodposting: I would like an explanation on why it was moved in the first place.

Yes. Let us sort this out here and we'll see where to place it. I'm putting in the Looking for Leagues for now. What we definitely won't have is posters making threats and such. I know it's a popular thread as people love to do the itoughguy thing and people love to watch a trainwreck. Give us a bit here as I sort it out and see where it needs to go. Thanks.J
Thanks, I kinda view this site as a community, and like all communities, there are bad apples.This guy walked amongst everyone, used this specific site to solicit for victims, and successfully got away with it.At the very least, as FF continues to grow, and as you continue to grow in members and even ask us members to recruit to the site.I think the time has come to at least provide some specific info on how to avoid being scammed.ESPECIALLY when we have a dedicated forum to people looking for leagues to join.It would be like craigslist, moving ads of Nigerian Princes looking to pay 15K for a used laptop to the "garage sale" section of the website.A lot of people are getting burned, between money, and time invested into leagues, maybe Jeff's pinned thread in the looking for leagues can be edited to include dangers and pitfall, and advice on how NOT to get burned?I didn't get burned by this dude, but I just feel bad if this gets pushed away and does not get the attention it deserves.Especially in a time, when dynasty leagues will start forming in the next few months.

No it isnt. Never have been tempted to take a dollar.

Well congrats, you must be more mature/stronger than I was at the time I started. I was 21 when I started running the leagues 3 years ago and went from a little bit of money I had to the temptation of having 15K at my fingertips at the same time I was introduced to poker. Should I have not done it? Obviously. Do I wish I hadn't done it? Obviously. But that's not the argument anymore. Point is I'm still sticking through my mistake and paying people back and have got out off the FF world and poker world altogether, every last team I own/commish.Now as for this guy, I don't know if you guys will be as lucky as the owners from my leagues that have me out here making things (yes even Tolly) right without having to hunt him down.
So your wanting an award for "making things right" after you basically stole from these guys? Let me tell you son, it's not strength or maturity that keeps people from being a f'n crook- its moral values and ethics. It's funny, but when I drive by a convience store, I don't fight the urge to go in and pistol whip the teller to steal a carton of smokes either... call me crazy. I commend you for slowly paying back the money you STOLE, but don't act like your doing everyone a favor by being able to control your own criminal desires. Most people generally prefer to do the right thing- not fight the urge to screw people over.

I can't believe people play Fantasy with people they don't know. Maybe it's me
Sometimes it's the only way to find other really competitive owners that are as sick as you about FF, besides Rick over in the IT department or Jim your old college buddy with 4 kids now.I'm into Field of Green II for $75 (a future entry fee payment) when I paid in advance to make a future draft pick trade.

Sometimes it's the only way to find other really competitive owners that are as sick as you about FF, besides Rick over in the IT department or Jim your old college buddy with 4 kids now.I'm into Field of Green II for $75 (a future entry fee payment) when I paid in advance to make a future draft pick trade.
Exactly. I don't like playing with yuppies that I can pull one over on. I did that in my first dyno with work peeps. I got a reputation for 'taking advantage of people' when I was just playing the game. As a result, I like to recruit from the shark pool to get even and active leagues.

Thanks, I kinda view this site as a community, and like all communities, there are bad apples.This guy walked amongst everyone, used this specific site to solicit for victims, and successfully got away with it.At the very least, as FF continues to grow, and as you continue to grow in members and even ask us members to recruit to the site.I think the time has come to at least provide some specific info on how to avoid being scammed.ESPECIALLY when we have a dedicated forum to people looking for leagues to join.It would be like craigslist, moving ads of Nigerian Princes looking to pay 15K for a used laptop to the "garage sale" section of the website.A lot of people are getting burned, between money, and time invested into leagues, maybe Jeff's pinned thread in the looking for leagues can be edited to include dangers and pitfall, and advice on how NOT to get burned?I didn't get burned by this dude, but I just feel bad if this gets pushed away and does not get the attention it deserves.Especially in a time, when dynasty leagues will start forming in the next few months.

Thanks. I agree a "how not to get scammed" article would be good.And that's a real issue in our industry. Scammers hurt companies like ours that run legit contests. One of the big selling points in our FBG / FPC contest was that the entire prize pool was escrowed from the beginning. And my friend Paul Charhian who owns Leaguesafe is trying to build a business based on this worry. So it's definitely a big deal.What I don't want is the "let's give him 20k of hospital bills" stuff. I know some people think that's fun but we're not going there. The Looking for Leagues forum is exactly the right place I think to help put a stop to it. Maybe a master list of trouble leagues like this that's pinned in the Looking For Leagues is the answer.J

Why do many of the snakes seem to be gamblers outside of FF? Is it because you can win or lose faster at the casino and you have to wait 17 weeks before you know if you win at FF?

Well congrats, you must be more mature/stronger than I was at the time I started. I was 21 when I started running the leagues 3 years ago and went from a little bit of money I had to the temptation of having 15K at my fingertips at the same time I was introduced to poker. Should I have not done it? Obviously. Do I wish I hadn't done it? Obviously. But that's not the argument anymore. Point is I'm still sticking through my mistake and paying people back and have got out off the FF world and poker world altogether, every last team I own/commish.

This is an amazing post. The self-justification this guy uses really makes me want to throw up. Hey buddy, you didn't make a mistake. You deliberately chose to steal money from other people. Immaturity or "weakness" is not an excuse for stealing thousands of dollars. Gambling isn't either. You ought to be paying the people you stole from back at THEIR terms, not yours (meaning that your income should be garnished, and they should be paid back with interest, however long that takes.) Also, you should serve some time in jail for your crime, and it should be a lifetime stain on your record.
:popcorn: Bruce is a dbag and needs to ####.

Why do many of the snakes seem to be gamblers outside of FF? Is it because you can win or lose faster at the casino and you have to wait 17 weeks before you know if you win at FF?

The other thing that seems to "common" in some of these cases, are these "commishes" are damn KIDS (by kids, I mean guys in their early 20's). I've seen several of these "situations" now (on our old Fever site, as well as this one) where people are sending/trusting college age kids with a TON of $$$$. I'm about a "normal" guy as there is out there, and I know when I was in college, I was living on mac & cheese and top ramen..........trying to scrape enough beer money together on weekends. Are these the type of people you'd trust with holding large sums of monies?? Disasters waiting to happen in my book. I also think many of these "kids" fall into the category of what Coin Flip is alluding too............they gamble on sports/poker/ect. Another HUGE red flag (although wagering/gambling is an issue with commishes of ANY age). Not saying everybody that partakes in these activities are "untrustworthy", but it's something to be aware of (at the very least). I personally gamble quite a bit (FFL/pools/sportsbook/poker), but I do not commish leagues either (other than my local league, with buddies of over 30 years). I think people need to be a little more thorough when selecting commishes to "trust" with their hard earned money. Even then, (like in cases like MCM..........that Coin Flip and I both got burned) can seem like "perfect" situations, and still blow up in your face. In MCM's case, he's a known gambler (casinos/poker rooms/ect)...........so he somewhat fit the "profile" of a potential problem waiting to happen.

Well congrats, you must be more mature/stronger than I was at the time I started. I was 21 when I started running the leagues 3 years ago and went from a little bit of money I had to the temptation of having 15K at my fingertips at the same time I was introduced to poker. Should I have not done it? Obviously. Do I wish I hadn't done it? Obviously. But that's not the argument anymore. Point is I'm still sticking through my mistake and paying people back and have got out off the FF world and poker world altogether, every last team I own/commish.

This is an amazing post. The self-justification this guy uses really makes me want to throw up. Hey buddy, you didn't make a mistake. You deliberately chose to steal money from other people. Immaturity or "weakness" is not an excuse for stealing thousands of dollars. Gambling isn't either. You ought to be paying the people you stole from back at THEIR terms, not yours (meaning that your income should be garnished, and they should be paid back with interest, however long that takes.) Also, you should serve some time in jail for your crime, and it should be a lifetime stain on your record.
:goodposting: Not only that, but instead of posting here, you should be out doing SOMETHING productive to earn whatever of it back you can to pay back the people you owe. Go pick up some cans. Go get a part-time job. Go do ANYTHING that produces earnings and mail out every paycheck you get immediately, without keeping it for yourself, until your debt is paid off. You're trying to show people you're mature by admitting your mistake and as others have pointed out, you instead look like a complete and utter POS. Log out, make whatever money you can in your spare time, and send out 100% of it until it's paid off. THAT would be a sign of maturity. THAT would be a sign of even a shred of ethical behavior. As pointed out, you should be in a jail cell and you should be welcoming the opportunity to earn that money and pay it back without legal consequences.
Cash advance on credit card. This POS should be repaying a credit card at its interest rate, not repaying with whatever disposable income he has after paying rent, bills, etc. What a piece of trash.

I live a couple miles from this guy. Anyone like a picture of his apartment?

I'm sure some would, but that's opening a can of worms....I'd keep it to yourselfThis is just sad to me what Aquil did. I really could care less about the money...It's just sad that people do that, there's a lot of risk of ripping people off. Look at Bernie Madoff's son, who "committed suicide" in his apartment (we all know he was murdered). There's people who would get very angry about 15K, who clearly are. I have an honest job, and I don't play fantasy for the money, I play for fun. The only reason I don't stick with free leagues is because they suck and nobody tries. I couldn't imagine wanting to risk my life or health or job for 15K, regardless of the situation I was in.This Aquil guy is an idiot, and probably has hit rock bottom. You know he's reading our internal league emails, and you know he's following this board. The funny thing is that this guy probably makes 80-100K a year if he's in Northern Cali as a computer nerd. He's going to wind up losing his job over this, because I'm sure if it hasn't been done already he's getting calls at his work. Or someone in his company will find out from a simple facebook or google search, as I'm sure his actions are high on search engines now. Companies arent going to risk sensitive informations systems with a guy like this. He's going to be blackballed in his industry.I just find it amusing that he always presented himself as a complete #ss on his boards and was the most unprofessional commish I ever met. I was going to quit the league anyway so I'm not worried about that. I just feel that he completely messed up his life by doing this. There's six pages of comments on this board in about 12 hours and our email thread from just my league is just as long. So Aquil, since we all know you're reading this, I just have to ask, is 15K worth it? You were probably saving that much per year based on your job title, expected salary and cost of living expenses. Is one year of savings worth potentially ruining your life?

:thumbup: Bruce is a dbag and needs to ####.
kinda funny I sent this guy money for burned INSANITY dvd's and he mailed them to my house in no time. I know he still takes requests in the insanity thread too. Never would have done that if I knew his back story I guess.

:thumbup: Bruce is a dbag and needs to ####.
kinda funny I sent this guy money for burned INSANITY dvd's and he mailed them to my house in no time. I know he still takes requests in the insanity thread too. Never would have done that if I knew his back story I guess.
So he's paying back his stole money debts by stealing money from the guy who created and copyrighted "Insanity"?WOW. Talk about scum of the earth

This is the cell listed on his owners page in Presidential. 510-915-4156. He told me during our inagural draft he lived in Vaca Ville, CA. I Googled the area code and it matches that part of the Bay Area in CA. I called the number and it went to voice mail. I Googled the origin of the name "Aquil". Its middle eastern orgin. The voice message sounded like middle eastern accent. Our money is probably funding an Al Quida terrorist cell.

I didn't join any of his leagues, but I do remember this guy. He posted a lot in Dynasty related threads and seemed to know what he was talking about. I usually join one start up league each year and passed on his only because his leagues had things I am not skilled in (developmental players) or things I avoid (blind bidding). But if he had a standard league I would probably be commensurating with the rest of you.

Looking at the sales pitch he had in this forum for one league (14-team developmental league) I got to say they guy had a pretty convincing line - he comes across as a serious, no-nonsense Commish. If you read the intro, he emphasizes he is looking for ACTIVE DIEHARD DYNASTY PLAYERS then adds this gem, which would be funny if not for funds lost due to this alleged (sorry I have a legal background) fraud:

We have an 8-10 year outlook on this dynasty, so if your goal is to come in and try to cash in and run then by all means this is not the league for you.

Looks like the only one who could cash in and run was Aquil. As far as collecting $125 deposit for future years, that does sound fishy to me, although he spins it as a way of insuring league stability:

I will be very protective of the integrity of this league and my leaguemates, which is the primary reason that there is a significant deposit attached to the 1st two years, and it is non-refundable. The deposits are added to Years 4-6 to reduce the overall entry fee on those years while still maintaining the same annual payout, based on $125 annual entry.

Hindsight is 20/20 but one would have to wonder how the Commish holding $1750 of non-refundable money for 4-6 years would benefit anyone but him. That said, I can't be too self-righteous here in that I would have joined one of his leagues if they had only been what I was looking for.

:hifive: Bruce is a dbag and needs to ####.
So he's paying back his stole money debts by stealing money from the guy who created and copyrighted "Insanity"?WOW. Talk about scum of the earth
he only charged $25, might take him awhile at that rate.

I Commish several leagues with guys I'd have never met...most being around $200/person fee.I've since made some good friends and have actually met these guys in Vegas, Florida, Colorado, KEntucky Derby etc, etc...Not everybody is a snake out there :thumbup:

I Commish several leagues with guys I'd have never met...most being around $200/person fee.I've since made some good friends and have actually met these guys in Vegas, Florida, Colorado, KEntucky Derby etc, etc...Not everybody is a snake out there :hophead:
:popcorn:

Mods, I would strongly suggest not keeping this in the untraveled AC forum.Your website has a forum dedicated for owners to try to join leagues with one another.Leagues, where one of your members premeditatedly stole what looks like 15-20k from more members of your website.We are a community of people who tend to trust one another based on how we interact on your forum.This community needs to be aware of someone who may try to do this again.This along with other names should probably be pinned somewhere.Maybe the Looking for Leagues forum, where people can post names of people or something.Perhaps this will help new comers avoid potential financial pitfalls.ETA:This is not one owner looking for some assistance, for being out $600 of a super bowl win.This obviously effected many, many of our good members, and despite having a forum dedicated to people looking for leagues, there should be SOME mention that there are people on this AME forum, looking to take advantage of them.Ebay, craigslist etc... all of info on how to avoid being scammed, I think footballguys should do the most to protect new/current members as much as possible, and moving something THIS big into the AC is doing just the opposite.

Very :popcorn:

Very :lmao:
Agreed. Already moved to the Looking For Leagues Forum as suggested. And I changed the name to specifically call attention to the league in question so others can see and be warned. I'll work on making some sort of catch all thread where all disputed leagues can be organized so folks can be warned.J

so did anyone call his work and get a hold of him yet? are we sure this is the right guy?

i don't know how this helps but he paid the mfl for each of the leagues himself. can we gather any information from them?

Very :lmao:
Agreed. Already moved to the Looking For Leagues Forum as suggested. And I changed the name to specifically call attention to the league in question so others can see and be warned. I'll work on making some sort of catch all thread where all disputed leagues can be organized so folks can be warned.J
Thanks, Joe. I think this thread should be pinned in the Shark Pool forum for awhile where it can be seen by all, but its your site and you will do what you think is best.

so did anyone call his work and get a hold of him yet? are we sure this is the right guy?i don't know how this helps but he paid the mfl for each of the leagues himself. can we gather any information from them?

Doubt they'd give us any info we don't already have, but it might help to alert them to this guy. They can track his ip and credit card numbers and maybe ban him from the site. I'll send them an email with a link to this thread.

so did anyone call his work and get a hold of him yet? are we sure this is the right guy?i don't know how this helps but he paid the mfl for each of the leagues himself. can we gather any information from them?

100% sure it is the right guy.

I've been passed along word that our friend, in one of the leagues he plays and does not act as commissioner, just made a payment a week ago for making a trade by PayPal. Frozen?

I've been passed along word that our friend, in one of the leagues he plays and does not act as commissioner, just made a payment a week ago for making a trade by PayPal. Frozen?

My ### frozen.I hate to say this but everyone was duped big time. He has all the cash.Total scumbag. Move on and good luck to everyone in the future. I hope you guys find a way to recover the money.

This dude is a criminal and should be dealt with accordingly!

My ### frozen.I hate to say this but everyone was duped big time. He has all the cash.Total scumbag. And you have no legal recourse. Write it off. Move on and good luck to everyone in the future. This money is gone forever.
Not sure id write it off. I have no doubt that those scammed by him could get him fired from his job. And a call to the IRS telling them about this sure to be unreported income will do wonders as well.

My ### frozen.I hate to say this but everyone was duped big time. He has all the cash.Total scumbag. And you have no legal recourse. Write it off. Move on and good luck to everyone in the future. This money is gone forever.
Not sure id write it off. I have no doubt that those scammed by him could get him fired from his job. And a call to the IRS telling them about this sure to be unreported income will do wonders as well.
Yeah, I have a tough time believing many of these will be just writing it off as well.

Legal guys - what kind of means of recovery do the folks that are owed money have?

At what point, does it become a criminal issue and police are involved?

I really don't know how all that works. Does the guy have to file bankruptcy? Can he be prosecuted?

J

Wait a second...I'm no snake but I sure love to gamble.

Was thinking the same thing.

Btw, just wanted to say I think the mods have handled this thread fairly well.

I wasnt calling people who gamble snakes..........I was calling the SNAKES who rip people off snakes and that they seem to be gamblers outside the FF world. I know plenty of responsible people who play poker or visit casinos.........hope I clarified.