What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DYNASTY: 2012 Top college prospects (1 Viewer)

BeTheMatch

Footballguy
Now that we'll know soon who all is declaring for the 2011 draft, a lot of us also have developmental-player drafts in other leagues that will be coming up shortly. So let's get some discussion started on the next wave of top prospects for 2012.

Obviously Andrew Luck and Trent Richardson seem to be the leaders of the class. Then I suppose there's Dion Lewis and Lamichael James if he in fact doesn't declare this year.

Who are some other names we need to start to get to know that could be draft-eligible after the next college season?

Here are some players to keep an eye on, and to get this thread going:

Quarterback

Andrew Luck, Stanford - Was the # 1 prosepct this year, will be the # 1 prospect next year

Running Back

Trent Richardson, Alabama - Should explode with full time role

Knile Davis, Arkansas - Once he got the full time gig, he put up monster stats. I like him alot, and he will be a fast riser on draft boards.

Chris Polk, Washingon

Wide Receiver

Alshon Jeffrey. South Carolina - Complete Package

As of right now...

QB:

- Andrew Luck, Stanford

RB:

- Trent Richardson, Alabama

- LaMichael James, Oregon

WR:

- Alshon Jeffrey, S. Carolina

- Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

Luck, Richardson and Jeffrey will be the "Big 3" and then probably a pretty steep dropoff in skill position talent (although, as always, others will emerge).

----------------

2013 Draft

- RB, Marcus Lattimore, S. Carolina

- RB, Michael Dyer, Auburn

- RB, James White, Wisconsin

As of right now...

QB:

- Andrew Luck, Stanford

-MATT BARKLEY, USC

RB:

WR:

- Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

BARKLEY, Luck, Richardson and Jeffrey will be the "Big 4" and then probably a pretty steep dropoff in skill position talent (although, as always, others will emerge).

----------------

2013 Draft

Quarterback

Andrew Luck, Stanford - Was the # 1 prosepct this year, will be the # 1 prospect next year

Running Back

Knile Davis, Arkansas - Once he got the full time gig, he put up monster stats. I like him alot, and he will be a fast riser on draft boards.

Chris Polk, Washingon

Wide Receiver

Good call. Davis is getting overlooked big time. Another guy I will be following is WR Juron Criner of Arizona

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't looked a tonne of yet, but I think 2012 could have a very good RB class. A couple lesser known guys to keep an eye on for next season (besides Kniles and Polk who are already listed):

Cyrus Gray RB Texas A&M

Christine Michael RB Texas A&M

Bryce Brown RB Kansas State

Tauren Poole RB Tennessee

As of right now...

QB:

- Andrew Luck, Stanford

-MATT BARKLEY, USC

RB:

WR:

- Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

BARKLEY, Luck, Richardson and Jeffrey will be the "Big 4" and then probably a pretty steep dropoff in skill position talent (although, as always, others will emerge).

----------------

2013 Draft

I would add Ronnie Hillman to the 2012 list.

This class could get a big bump if Blackmon and/or Floyd really decide not to come out this year.
Agreed. At the end of last season it was looking like the 2011 draft was going to be loaded but now it's appearing more and more likely that 2012 has more high-end offensive talent.

A little premature with this thread. Some of these guys saying they will return will probably change their mind. They have until the 15th I believe.

As of right now...

QB:

- Andrew Luck, Stanford

RB:

WR:

- Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma St.

- Michael Floyd, Notre Dame

- Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

Luck, Richardson, Jeffrey, Blackmon and Floyd will be the "Big 5" and then probably a pretty steep dropoff in skill position talent (although, as always, others will emerge).

----------------

2013 Draft

Updated above.

Quarterback

Running Back

Chris Polk, Washingon

Wide Receiver

Love the call on Knile Davis. He seems the most under the radar right now

Washaun Ealey, rb for Georgia isn't a top prospect but he's a guy to keep your eye on. He averaged 5.7 ypc as a freshman and 5.2 ypc last year and that's against SEC competition, that's saying something

iMO Trent Richardson will not do nearly as well in the Pro's as in college

Alshon Jeffery will be the number 1 WR prospect
No way! With Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd returning to their school for upcoming 2011 Fall season, Blackmon and Floyd are far better than Jeffery. Jeffery looks a little stiff in his hip and does not possessed quickness or speed to evade the defenders.

No way! With Justin Blackmon and Michael Floyd returning to their school for upcoming 2011 Fall season, Blackmon and Floyd are far better than Jeffery. Jeffery looks a little stiff in his hip and does not possessed quickness or speed to evade the defenders.
Come on man, No way!.... I wrote that before they both decided to go back to school.Yes Blackmon may sit ahead of him, but I like Jeffery moving into next year over Floyd.

That was posted before Blackmon and Floyd announced that they were returning to school.

That was posted before Blackmon and Floyd announced that they were returning to school.
Jeffery will still be the more highly touted WR come end of next year.

I haven't looked a tonne of yet, but I think 2012 could have a very good RB class. A couple lesser known guys to keep an eye on for next season (besides Kniles and Polk who are already listed): Cyrus Gray RB Texas A&MChristine Michael RB Texas A&MBryce Brown RB Kansas StateTauren Poole RB Tennessee
Michael will be a junior next year, and with Gray graduating and an awesome OL coming back (2 soph and 2 fish started this year), I'll imagine he would come back for his senior year.Gray took off after Michael broke his leg this year. Nice to be an Aggie fan and finally have a football team again.Jeff Fuller (A&M Jr. WR) is deciding on going pro or not. He has great size and hands, first 1,000 yard receiver ever at A&M, and career TD leader, and did pretty well against Peterson from LSU in the Cotton Bowl (7 catches for 83). He hasn't done too well against good defenses though, so I think he may come back for his senior year.

offdee said:
BigTex said:
Why?

offdee said:
BigTex said:
Why?
Jeffrey is 6'4" 233 while blackmon is 6'1 205. Plus some ppl are wary of qb's and wr's from OSU because they have a pass happy offense that inflates stats.

Why?
Jeffrey is 6'4" 233 while blackmon is 6'1 205. Plus some ppl are wary of qb's and wr's from OSU because they have a pass happy offense that inflates stats.
OK, well, I think all you have to do is watch tape on Blackmon to see that he's an absolute beast.
Jeffrey is the WR to have in 2012. No doubt about it. Of course Blackmon and Floyd will also be 1st rd picks if they don't digress.

Why?
OK, well, I think all you have to do is watch tape on Blackmon to see that he's an absolute beast.
Jeffrey is the WR to have in 2012. No doubt about it. Of course Blackmon and Floyd will also be 1st rd picks if they don't digress.
Jeffrey is the wideout to own because he's bigger than Blackmon and Floyd? Great logic.

The big names have been mentioned, but I'll add Andre Ellington as a RB to watch. He's smallish, but a definite playmaker.

"Jeffery will still be the more highly touted WR come end of next year.

Why?

Jeffrey is 6'4" 233 while blackmon is 6'1 205. Plus some ppl are wary of qb's and wr's from OSU because they have a pass happy offense that inflates stats."

Quote"Jeffery will still be the more highly touted WR come end of next year.Why?Jeffrey is 6'4" 233 while blackmon is 6'1 205. Plus some ppl are wary of qb's and wr's from OSU because they have a pass happy offense that inflates stats."
It would help your argument against JohnnyU a lot if you actually quoted, well, JohnnyU

Quote"Jeffery will still be the more highly touted WR come end of next year.Why?Jeffrey is 6'4" 233 while blackmon is 6'1 205. Plus some ppl are wary of qb's and wr's from OSU because they have a pass happy offense that inflates stats."
It would help your argument against JohnnyU a lot if you actually quoted, well, JohnnyU
:) :lmao:
Who's talking to you anyway? I never said your name. You and whoever else mentioned it need to work on reading comprehension.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Who's talking to you anyway? I never said your name. You and whoever else mentioned it need to work on reading comprehension.
Again, I never said anything about size and you quoted me saying I did. You are the one that needs to work on their reading comprehension or learn who to quote. I simply said Jeffrey is the one to have and that I was an SEC guy, which implies I've seen a lot of Jeffrey, which I have. Have a nice day.

Come on man, No way!.... I wrote that before they both decided to go back to school.Yes Blackmon may sit ahead of him, but I like Jeffery moving into next year over Floyd.
I agreed that Jeffrey is one of the top WRs in 2012 but I dont think he's better than Michael Floyd. If anything, Blackmon and Floyd has better hands. Granted, I didn't watch enough of Jeffrey's games but several of his highlights showed that he was a little stiff when catching the balls while Floyd and Blackmon relatively caught the balls with ease. Please bear in mind that these three WRs are playing for offensive-mind coaches (Oklahoma State's Gundy, ND's Kelly, and SC's Spurrier). I think the best NFL comparison on Blackmon and Floyd are Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald, respectively. I dont see anything that stands out from Jeffrey except he used his height to his advantage. Of course, this is just my opinion and everyone has their own opinion in player-evaluation.

Why?

So because he's shorter and because his team pass a lot? It worked out for Dez. Blackmon looked like a man possessed, he plays against some of the best in college and he still put up great numbers. He passes the eye ball test for sure.

I'm not saying that jeffrey is better than blackmon but as the saying goes, "A good big man, beats a good little man." Assuming they run similar 40's ppl will prefer the bigger, taller wr

BigTex said:
So because he's shorter and because his team pass a lot? It worked out for Dez. Blackmon looked like a man possessed, he plays against some of the best in college and he still put up great numbers. He passes the eye ball test for sure.
On top of what I said earlier in this post, I will point out that dex bryant was 6'2 226lbs when he came out. Plus there was no elite wr last year that was as physically imposing as jeffrey is.

For my money Dez is a much better athlete than Jeffery. Demaryius Thomas too.

I haven't seen a ton of Jeffery, but in the clips I have seen he looks like a modest athlete. The thing that makes him special is his ability to go up and catch the ball in difficult situations. Purely as an athlete, he doesn't look amazing.

I'll try to watch more of him next season.

For my money Dez is a much better athlete than Jeffery. Demaryius Thomas too. I haven't seen a ton of Jeffery, but in the clips I have seen he looks like a modest athlete. The thing that makes him special is his ability to go up and catch the ball in difficult situations. Purely as an athlete, he doesn't look amazing. I'll try to watch more of him next season.
I was impressed with Jeffery the couple of times I saw him play, but Dez Bryant absolutely jumped off the screen whenever I watched him in college. Hadn't seen anything like him in a long, long time.

I'm not saying that jeffrey is better than blackmon but as the saying goes, "A good big man, beats a good little man." Assuming they run similar 40's ppl will prefer the bigger, taller wr

BigTex said:
On top of what I said earlier in this post, I will point out that dex bryant was 6'2 226lbs when he came out. Plus there was no elite wr last year that was as physically imposing as jeffrey is.
:cry: cool

:lmao: :lmao:
And it appears you need to work on being less antagonistic.

Users who are viewing this thread