JohnnyU

Aquil Salahudeen Leagues

164 posts in this topic

Has anyone been in contact with his work lately?

Here's what I don't get - he allegedly paid out a few leagues, then all of a sudden, it just stopped...
Yeah, we got payouts in Pres I. I wonder if his job booted him so he had no more checks coming his way?
Who knows at this point - I know we're not getting deposits back, I just want what I've won in his other leagues. That's like $650 right there....

I still haven't forgot this. I'll give him a call once the season starts if he hasn't paid me my deposit back. I know it won't do much good but I'll aggravate the hell out of him for the next 5 years. I want my deposit money back but I'll settle for fun this will be.

Edited by Hoss_Cartwright

Here's what I don't get - he allegedly paid out a few leagues, then all of a sudden, it just stopped...
Yeah, we got payouts in Pres I. I wonder if his job booted him so he had no more checks coming his way?
"IT'S YOUR GUYS' FAULT I LOST MY JOB!!!"Signed, Aquil/Allen Fern

The sad thing is that I can see Aquil saying this a year from now.

I know. I dealt with the guy. Simply put, he's delusional. The guy disgusted me just the way he dealt with people in general. Dropped out after Year 1 in Pres1.Dropped because I thought 'Fern' and Aquil were the same person. Didn't want to ruffle feathers in the league when I dropped with that accusation but felt strongly enough that I just left. And will forever think that they are/were one in the same. That they 'talk differently' doesn't change that -- the goof could really have multiple personalities. I think Aquil/Allen slipped up (or just that careless) on some trade offers -- Offering deals for my same exact players, on multiple occasions, minutes apart. I'm not talking just offers for premiere players like Calvin Johnson. Some of these offers included the same exact roster fodder within those deals (generally 6-8 player deals).

I know. I dealt with the guy. Simply put, he's delusional. The guy disgusted me just the way he dealt with people in general. Dropped out after Year 1 in Pres1.Dropped because I thought 'Fern' and Aquil were the same person. Didn't want to ruffle feathers in the league when I dropped with that accusation but felt strongly enough that I just left. And will forever think that they are/were one in the same. That they 'talk differently' doesn't change that -- the goof could really have multiple personalities. I think Aquil/Allen slipped up (or just that careless) on some trade offers -- Offering deals for my same exact players, on multiple occasions, minutes apart. I'm not talking just offers for premiere players like Calvin Johnson. Some of these offers included the same exact roster fodder within those deals (generally 6-8 player deals).
I know some think that Allen and Aquil are the same person, but as I mentioned I am a bookie and both of them bet through me a few years ago. They had seperate PayPal accounts. I am 99% sure there is an Allen and an Aquil.

I know some think that Allen and Aquil are the same person, but as I mentioned I am a bookie and both of them bet through me a few years ago. They had seperate PayPal accounts. I am 99% sure there is an Allen and an Aquil.
Maybe one or 'both' of them could pop in here for clarification. :popcorn:Edit: Forgot to add. "IT'S NOT MY FAULT I HAVE A GAMBLING PROBLEM!! YOU ALL SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT YOU WERE GETTING INTO!!" Edited by Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub

So I guess it's safe to say at this point that no one else is getting any more $$ from him?

Maybe one or 'both' of them could pop in here for clarification. :popcorn:Edit: Forgot to add. "IT'S NOT MY FAULT I HAVE A GAMBLING PROBLEM!! YOU ALL SHOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT YOU WERE GETTING INTO!!"
:lmao:

I think Aquil and Allan are two different people, but most likely close friends who colluded, shared accounts, and ran teams together.

They're both clowns in my book.

I feel bad for anyone who lost significant winnings in this. I'm out last year's fees for one league. Nothing more.

Doubt anyone else will get paid. Aquil did just enough to calm the storm and that's it. Who knows where the money went?

The track? The poker tables? Some dope ### rims for their cars?

Don't know. Don't care. Lesson learned.

If it walks like an idiot...

If it talks like an idiot...

It's probably an idiot.

Don't trust your money with idiots.

Got this e-mail just now:

After much deliberation and consultation with my closest advisors, the course of action moving forward for the Presidential Suite Dynasty I League is to play out the 2011 season. The prize pool for these league for 2011 will be the existing deposits that have been collected to-date. The league will be re-opened for business (transactions) by Tuesday night (Aug. 2) and I will send out login information to all owners at that time. League matters can be discussed on league board/chat.

Best Regards,

Aquil

Just want everyone to know that the owners in Aquil's leagues aren't the only ones who got shafted in this deal. I was in one of Zowned's leagues (Chris Bruce) and he owed me over 1K. He was actually paying people back and the league back. Then the news about Aquil's leagues broke.

This thread and the other one that was shut down were good for you guys to vent and "organize", but the biggest fallout was that it showed other deadbeat commishes that they could do this type of #### and get away with it. Once Chris saw these threads (I know he did, because he made a comment about them), the payments suddenly stopped and no one has heard from him in months.

Got this e-mail just now:After much deliberation and consultation with my closest advisors, the course of action moving forward for the Presidential Suite Dynasty I League is to play out the 2011 season. The prize pool for these league for 2011 will be the existing deposits that have been collected to-date. The league will be re-opened for business (transactions) by Tuesday night (Aug. 2) and I will send out login information to all owners at that time. League matters can be discussed on league board/chat.Best Regards,Aquil

Was everyone paid out for 2010??

Got this e-mail just now:After much deliberation and consultation with my closest advisors, the course of action moving forward for the Presidential Suite Dynasty I League is to play out the 2011 season. The prize pool for these league for 2011 will be the existing deposits that have been collected to-date. The league will be re-opened for business (transactions) by Tuesday night (Aug. 2) and I will send out login information to all owners at that time. League matters can be discussed on league board/chat.Best Regards,Aquil

Was everyone paid out for 2010??
Not sure - I got my money in Pres 1 but I had thought he stopped right after Pres 1. I wasn't in his other leagues.

:lmao: What a complete delusional ########. "Closest advisors" Jesus F'n Christ. Closest advisor -- Allan Fern perhaps?? All it really means is "Hey I don't have the $$ to refund deposits, but of course you all want to return to this league". Somehow I see this not ending well with Aquil/Fern and sets up some nice collusion between the two seeing as it appears 2011 is the final year...I'm sure this idiot won't place all deposits in LeagueSafe. "YOU GUYS CAN TRUST ME!! MY BOOOOOOOOIY"But remember to be good owners (and not call him out on his BS) or he'll strip you of your log-in information!!! What a buffoon. Edited by Sudoku_in_the_Bathtub

Can anyone confirm that all league winner's in Aquil's 2010 leagues were paid? Just curious.

Just noticed that Fern is still in one of my Addicts dynasty leagues. Aquil was in it as well but disappered after last season so was replaced this year.

Quick update on this #####.

On August 8th, he reached out to me with the following:

"Hey JP,

Would you be willing to take over commish duties for the Presidential Suite I Dynasty League? For this season, the plan would still be for owners to be playing for their deposit $$ as the 2011 prize pool, for which I will pay out at season's end. Going forward, I know there are several owners who built their teams for the long haul and would like to see this league continue. So if you'd be willing to take over commish duties, maybe this league could move forward as such. And yeah, I would still be interested in participating, but if the other guys would not want me involved after this season, then I'd bow out."

My response:

"I don't think anyone will return if you even wanted to come back this season. Are you suggesting the only way we get back our deposit money is to let you compete?

I had operated under the assumption you would relinquish your role as an owner and commissioner. If that isn't the case we are growing to full the openings with only the worst owners and this league won't continue regardless long-term. No one wants to be in leagues with either you or Allan (he was asked to leave BB4 after this whole thing).

I don't mind taking over as the commissioner of something that is starting fresh, but this doesn't really feel like that. If I'm going to be the commissioner I will want to hold that money via LeagueSafe now, not waiting until the end of the season so you can see if you win or not."

Aquil's response:

"I'm not sure why you assumed that particular stance, but that has never been the case. The 2011 season is partially paid for by all owners (deposits), and there was never any discussion nor decision on my part to fold the leagues for 2011 and return deposits. The leagues will be open for business, so yes, it's either play or forfeit.

And I'm not waiting till the end of season to see if I win, that is irrelevant to the payouts. What is relevant is the time that I will need for the $$ to accrue, which it certainly will. I'm not getting into any personal issues or vendettas, of whether guys want to play in leagues with me or Allan. The remaining business issues are the league payouts and how/when to get them disbursed.

That is the situation in a nutshell. "

My response:

This is not something I feel comfortable doing, taking over as the commissioner of something like this. I will play in the league but I will not take over with you two in the league - something just feels very wrong about playing with deposit money that people are LOSING because they leave a league where YOU were the one who made the mistakes. It always feels as thought you are pushing this off on others and I don't really understand it, Aquil.

And FYI - no one is returning with you involved.

So I took a poll of all in the league to see whether they would return, with options of WITH Aquil/Allan and WITHOUT Aquil/Allan. No one would return with them, and when I told him such, here was his response:

"No need to put the 3rd option in there (i.e. return WITHOUT Aquil/Allan in my poll). Allan and Aquil are returning....."

This guy is a piece of ####.

For those of you who have missed the event, he is KEEPING our deposits due to the fact the league won't continue without he or Allan. Complete and utter bull.

Still waiting for someone to pay him a visit and report back.

What is relevant is the time that I will need for the $$ to accrue, which it certainly will. I'm not getting into any personal issues or vendettas, of whether guys want to play in leagues with me or Allan. The remaining business issues are the league payouts and how/when to get them disbursed.

Guy is a utter piece of ####. 'Time he'll need for $$ to accrue' -- Typical response from him. He's spent money that's not his.....but he's not getting into any personal issues or vendettas!!Disburse the deposits back -- THAT is the remaining business issue. I truly can't imagine someone is as dumb and delusional as he is. So he wants you to clean up his mess as commissioner, but you don't get to place the money he's stolen into LeagueSafe??Moron you've had > 2 years to 'accrue' the ~$1500 deposits you've stolen... 4 more months is going to make a difference?Glad to see this Allan Fern character being booted as well.

For those of you who have missed the event, he is KEEPING our deposits due to the fact the league won't continue without he or Allan. Complete and utter bull.

Why am I not shocked

Why am I not shocked
I was/is in 2 of his leagues. We were given the option to compete for the deposit fees in 1 final season or quit the league. About 6 teams in each of those leagues stayed. I think all of us know that the chances of us collecting anything are 50/50 at best. I just see this as a ploy to buy himself more time and a chance for him to win the leagues so he doesn't have to pay anyone else off. Thus the reason people are watching his starting lineups each week to make sure changes are not made to his starting lineups. He is half assing it as a commish. The rookie drafts were not even completed by the time the season kicked off. The leagues are basically running themselves. It is pitiful.

Has anyone sued him or contacted the authorities? At this point guy needs to be sued and arrested. IIRC people contacted the dudes job. Any updates for the last 6 months?

That he is keeping league deposits after all of this is the pinnacle of arrogance. Someone should take this guy down.

Here's what makes me sick, I didn't plan on competing in year 1, so I built for the future.

DMC, Mathews, Jstew

Britt, Harvin, Knox, Demaryious Thomas, A. Benn

Hernandez

Devy- Rueben Randle

In a 14 teamer, that's a solid core for the next 5 years? Ugh makes me sick.

Currently in Pres II we're playing this year for the deposit money. I won't hold my breath to collect if I win anything. It's no longer a devy league, but a one year redraft. I'm fine with that. I want to put that league in my rear view mirror anyway.

Edited by Hoss_Cartwright

Currently in Pres II we're playing this year for the deposit money. I won't hold my breath to collect if I win anything. It's no longer a devy league, but a one year redraft. I'm fine with that. I want to put that league in my rear view mirror anyway.

I agree. I am in FOG I and Pres IV. I have a good chance to win both leagues I am in and should I win and not get paid I will go collect my cash in person. I know I know internet tough guy mode, but I will collect from this doosh one way or another. It is really a sad deal. Some great owners in these leagues and I love the developmental player aspect being able to roster a few college players. Its a shame.

I agree. I am in FOG I and Pres IV. I have a good chance to win both leagues I am in and should I win and not get paid I will go collect my cash in person. I know I know internet tough guy mode, but I will collect from this doosh one way or another. It is really a sad deal. Some great owners in these leagues and I love the developmental player aspect being able to roster a few college players. Its a shame.
Agreed. Good owners and really solid league settings. Just needed someone else running them.

Not sure if he has paid all the winners from all his leagues from last season. I know he paid some of the winners, but not all before this season started. He said he would have all winners paid off from last year by November of this year. Anyone that won money last year not been paid yet?

I know about half of the team owners stayed with the leagues this season to try and win their deposit money back. We shall see if he follows through with on that after week 16. I have my doubts. He has been absent and posted little to no information on the playoffs or payouts for this season.

No... still out the $750 for winning either PSII or FOGII last year. Won both and he paid out one, but not the other.

He has flat out told me that he would pay out winnings under his own time table and that he wouldn't be pressured into paying out winners by X date after week 16. So be prepared to take action if you want you cash. I already have my own plans should i not receive winnings for this year in a reasonable time frame. You can either just sit back and let him get away with it, or go discuss it face to face. Will see how it goes, but I would be shocked if he has any money together to pay anyone anything.

Sounds like a road trip to Oakland is required.

Aquil posted in PRESii that he will be contacting the winners (I won PRESii this year) for payout information. Sounds like Aquil is honoring the commitment to our league. I'm glad he is going to make good on this and I hope his life is in order now. Edited by Hoss_Cartwright

So then you'll be paying back everyone's deposits that were stolen?

:lmao:#heatonhoss

What does this mean? I just posted the promising info that Aquil said on our league message board and offered a personal opinion. I'm hopeful this will all turn out ok. I'd rather be positive about this right now than continue the negative communication. It may still come to that later, but I'm hopeful it will not. Edited by Hoss_Cartwright