What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (2 Viewers)

Not sure why Fred Armisen kept cracking up during that Californians. There certainly wasn't anything funny going on.

Renner is a stiff. I've never liked that guy.

The Californian's is clearly just for the cast.... they obviously have some inside joke on who can say "really" with the most ridiculous west coast accent. I can't believe that thing goes on for 5+ minutes some times.

The Californian's is clearly just for the cast.... they obviously have some inside joke on who can say "really" with the most ridiculous west coast accent. I can't believe that thing goes on for 5+ minutes some times.
If you ever lived in California, it's kind of funny.
I thought it was funny the first time, maybe a little the second time. But as usual, SNL beats a skit to death.

There's a SNL special starting now... 9-11.

"A compilation of popular holiday sketches."

I'm sure schweddy balls will make an appearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a SNL special starting now... 9-11."A compilation of popular holiday sketches."I'm sure schweddy balls will make an appearance.
I enjoy the best of stuff, and the holiday sketches are always good.The "Christmas Time is Here" bit with Sanz, Fallon, Morgan and the other guy is always my favorite. I laugh at myself everytime for liking something so stupid.

Watched most of the first hour last night.

So odd to see De Niro out of sorts in any situation. That bit with Kermit, he was reading off of the cue cards and trying to sing while knowing he just can't pull it off. It was almost uncomfortable to watch.

I'm not one that's easily offended but Jamie Foxx's monologue last night was sickening.

He went on to talk about his upcoming role in Quentin Tarantino’s "Django Unchained."

“I play a slave. How black is that?” He asked. “I have to wear chains. How whack is that?"

But not to worry, he said.

"I get free. I save my wife and I kill all the white people in the movie," Foxx said. "How great is that?”
When the incarceration rate for black men is what it is in America...THIS is what you're going to go with. Really?

That one was pretty awful. Wildly inconsistent beats terrible all the time, I guess.

Jamie Foxx sucked, he wasn't committed at all and he cracked up on purpose 5 or 6 times.

I'm not one that's easily offended but Jamie Foxx's monologue last night was sickening.

He went on to talk about his upcoming role in Quentin Tarantino’s "Django Unchained."

“I play a slave. How black is that?” He asked. “I have to wear chains. How whack is that?"

"I get free. I save my wife and I kill all the white people in the movie," Foxx said. "How great is that?”
When the incarceration rate for black men is what it is in America...THIS is what you're going to go with. Really?
I thought it was funny, actually. Most of the skits were bad although the "dermott mulroney or Dylan McDermott" skit was funny.

He went on to talk about his upcoming role in Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained."

"I play a slave. How black is that?" He asked. "I have to wear chains. How whack is that?"

"I get free. I save my wife and I kill all the white people in the movie," Foxx said. "How great is that?"
Wow. How racist is that? What if a white guy said this:
I get free. I save my wife and I kill all the black people in the movie
I wonder how funny it would be then.

He went on to talk about his upcoming role in Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained."

"I play a slave. How black is that?" He asked. "I have to wear chains. How whack is that?"

"I get free. I save my wife and I kill all the white people in the movie," Foxx said. "How great is that?"
Good grief. He made about 15 joke about black people and then did the above. You guys need to lighten up...."The nets are in Brooklyn...how black is that? And jay z owns the team...how black is that? But he only owns a tiny piece of the team but acts like he owns all of New York. how black is THAT?"

"Barack Obama was playing basketball on Election Day....how black is that?...that made him late for his acceptance speech....seriously, how BLACK is that?"

Good grief. He made about 15 joke about black people and then did the above. You guys need to lighten up...."The nets are in Brooklyn...how black is that? And jay z owns the team...how black is that? But he only owns a tiny piece of the team but acts like he owns all of New York. how black is THAT?""Barack Obama was playing basketball on Election Day....how black is that?...that made him late for his acceptance speech....seriously, how BLACK is that?"
Bull####.You're saying that as long as you couch it in self-effacement then it's okay to be racist.

Well I think his point was that he kills all the evil slave keepers which must be all the white people in the movie. Still a crummy bit that went on and on.

Good grief. He made about 15 joke about black people and then did the above. You guys need to lighten up...."The nets are in Brooklyn...how black is that? And jay z owns the team...how black is that? But he only owns a tiny piece of the team but acts like he owns all of New York. how black is THAT?"

"Barack Obama was playing basketball on Election Day....how black is that?...that made him late for his acceptance speech....seriously, how BLACK is that?"
He threw a lot of tood at us under the hubristic misapprehension that it'd be funny - how black is that?!

I would like an answer to Jamie's question. How black is it to kill all the white people?

Good grief. He made about 15 joke about black people and then did the above. You guys need to lighten up...."The nets are in Brooklyn...how black is that? And jay z owns the team...how black is that? But he only owns a tiny piece of the team but acts like he owns all of New York. how black is THAT?""Barack Obama was playing basketball on Election Day....how black is that?...that made him late for his acceptance speech....seriously, how BLACK is that?"
Bull####.You're saying that as long as you couch it in self-effacement then it's okay to be racist.
No, I'm saying that if a comedian who made his bones in his "blackness" wants to do a monologue on a late night comedy show that includes racial stuff, than I'm going to take it as an invitation to laugh or change the channel. But I'm certainly not going to be offended by it.

No, I'm saying that if a comedian who made his bones in his "blackness" wants to do a monologue on a late night comedy show that includes racial stuff, than I'm going to take it as an invitation to laugh or change the channel. But I'm certainly not going to be offended by it.
This wasn't just racial "stuff". Jesus, and we wonder why we have problems with racism in America.

This wasn't just racial "stuff". Jesus, and we wonder why we have problems with racism in America.
:lmao: I'm not wondering at all right now

Yeah, we don't see this the same way at all. We have racial problems in America because no one will have an honest dialogue about racial issues. He made fun of the president dancing like a white person. And? Is it racist to point out that white people may not dance very well? Should I, as a white person, be miffed at that? When he said he got to kill all the white people at the end and that he was in chains, I sensed that he was talking about his new movie...where he no doubt was in chains and probably kills a lot of white people. Never mind that the movie was written and directed by a white guy that has never had a problem with interracial violence in most all of his movies.

Yeah, we don't see this the same way at all. We have racial problems in America because no one will have an honest dialogue about racial issues. He made fun of the president dancing like a white person. And? Is it racist to point out that white people may not dance very well? Should I, as a white person, be miffed at that? When he said he got to kill all the white people at the end and that he was in chains, I sensed that he was talking about his new movie...where he no doubt was in chains and probably kills a lot of white people. Never mind that the movie was written and directed by a white guy that has never had a problem with interracial violence in most all of his movies.
Is it racist to point out that black people dance well; I would venture to guess that it would be.

I think you need to relax and not take it so serious.

I watched the first 2 skits after the monologue, both horrible. The Obama skit to open was unfunny, the monologue was weak, this was one of the worst SNLs in some time.

^white people problems.

That's kind of the point I'm trying to make - not everything about white people that comes out of a black persons mouth is "racist" not is the opposite always "racist". But we make it too easy for people to label something "racist" which shuts down the conversation and makes the offender back pedagl and apologize without having a conversation.

Because easily-irritated people are looking for trivial things to be irritated about?

There's no equality in comedy. There is stuff that Black people and Jewish people can say and it's funny but if you don't belong to that group it doesn't play well. Louis C.K. and Daniel Tosh cross that line but there's a difference in being a recognized, talented comic and being just some white guy.The other exception is if the guy is famous enough or has iconic status then they can get away with not being funny. Don Rickles says very racist stuff and people love the guy. I saw his act once, wasn't offended but didn't find it funny. It came off as stale.

:goodposting:

I like how people are arguing about Foxx's apparent racist remarks but no one is pissed that he spoiled the damn movie.

besides for his knockout role for Ray, has Foxx even had another hit movie?

Also whoever is offended by the monologue needs to get out a little. It was an ok bit, a little edgy, but not over the top at all.

I don't remember him in anything else. Not a good sign. He was great in Ray, but the movie was an hour too long. It's also baffling to me how this guy has his own station on XM.

I don't remember him in anything else. Not a good sign. He was great in Ray, but the movie was an hour too long. It's also baffling to me how this guy has his own station on XM.
i know that Golddigger song made him even more popular since he was seen as a multi talent, but without IMDB'ing him, i literally cannot name another movie with him. PS I have no idea why Will Smith turned down this role Foxx has in the Q movie, why wouldnt Smith want a legit blockbuster instead of the super lame ones he has been doing?

Users who are viewing this thread