What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (3 Viewers)

I really think SNL should consider trimming it back to an hour long show...and just focusing on making it a solid funny hour long show. There's so much fluff and bull that it detracts overall. Problem is...they have no real idea what truly is funny...so they sling all this mud on the screen and then again, reacting to whatever the audience laughs at...then it's rehash-city.

Just bc tdoss doesn't like it they should shorten the show. Brilliant! Maybe they should run their sketches by you first, too?

:lmao:

Sorry you don't find it funny. Some people do. That's comedy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bc tdoss doesn't like it they should shorten the show. Brilliant! Maybe they should run their sketches by you first, too? :lmao:Sorry you don't find it funny. Some people do. That's comedy.
Sorry Rud...just expressing an opinion...apologies.
Rudnicki sure as hell didn't laugh for 90 minutes last Saturday night.
that acupuncture skit came in the last 20 minutes. dropping down to a 60-minute show would have eliminated it.

some of the later sketches do tend to be weaker, but not always.

Just bc tdoss doesn't like it they should shorten the show. Brilliant! Maybe they should run their sketches by you first, too? :lmao:Sorry you don't find it funny. Some people do. That's comedy.
that acupuncture skit came in the last 20 minutes. dropping down to a 60-minute show would have eliminated it.

:confused:

maybe try following along on the discussion above? just a thought.

I really think SNL should consider trimming it back to an hour long show...and just focusing on making it a solid funny hour long show. There's so much fluff and bull that it detracts overall. Problem is...they have no real idea what truly is funny...so they sling all this mud on the screen and then again, reacting to whatever the audience laughs at...then it's rehash-city.
bump for the fine attorney in the thread

maybe try following along on the discussion above? just a thought.
Choosing which skits to air isn't linear, genius.

Right, because that automatically means cutting off the last 30 minutes.

Jesus Christ you guys could #### up a wet dream. I've never seen so much effort put into convincing others why something isn't funny. Just stop ####ing watching and stop acting like a bunch of whiney little #####es.

That's a lot of anger from a dude dropping into a thread titled "SNL is FRIGGIN' HORRIBLE"...what else are we supposed to do in this thread...sing it's praises?

shuke said:
Jesus Christ you guys could #### up a wet dream. I've never seen so much effort put into convincing others why something isn't funny. Just stop ####ing watching and stop acting like a bunch of whiney little #####es.
Don't tell me what to do, guy.

Christo, on 14 May 2013 - 09:05, said:

shuke said:
shuke, on 13 May 2013 - 22:53, said:Jesus Christ you guys could #### up a wet dream. I've never seen so much effort put into convincing others why something isn't funny. Just stop ####ing watching and stop acting like a bunch of whiney little #####es.
Don't tell me what to do, guy.
ChristoHucks? Had hoped this horrible schtick would die with that poster's banning. Guess it was to much to hope for.

tdoss said:
That's a lot of anger from a dude dropping into a thread titled "SNL is FRIGGIN' HORRIBLE"...what else are we supposed to do in this thread...sing it's praises?
The TV show threads on this site may be the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on the internet. A bunch of people who can't wait to waste their time watching a show they don't like just so they can jump online to complain about how stupid it is.

shuke, on 14 May 2013 - 09:44, said:

tdoss said:
tdoss, on 14 May 2013 - 00:29, said:That's a lot of anger from a dude dropping into a thread titled "SNL is FRIGGIN' HORRIBLE"...what else are we supposed to do in this thread...sing it's praises?
The TV show threads on this site may be the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on the internet. A bunch of people who can't wait to waste their time watching a show they don't like just so they can jump online to complain about how stupid it is.
Exactly what I was saying above. But I don't think it is limited to TV shows. Post a restaurant name, or a beer brand, or coffee. People will race to the thread to prove how cool they are by disliking it. It's an FFA tradition.

tdoss said:
tdoss, on 14 May 2013 - 00:29, said:That's a lot of anger from a dude dropping into a thread titled "SNL is FRIGGIN' HORRIBLE"...what else are we supposed to do in this thread...sing it's praises?
Exactly what I was saying above. But I don't think it is limited to TV shows. Post a restaurant name, or a beer brand, or coffee. People will race to the thread to prove how cool they are by disliking it. It's an FFA tradition.
I think this is totally different. There are plenty of people here who (rightfully so) bash the Olive Garden. But the difference is they're not going back every Saturday night to eat there again.

tdoss said:
I think this is totally different. There are plenty of people here who (rightfully so) bash the Olive Garden. But the difference is they're not going back every Saturday night to eat there again.
Difference being, some people here have had some great meals on SNL. They had a great brand name, so people keep coming back hoping it will get better. Add in, there isn't much else on during a Saturday night, and that is why people keep coming back. But on the whole, I do agree about ####ting on something and continuing to watch it makes no sense to me.

tdoss said:
Eliminate complaining and this place will die.

tdoss said:
And we will complain about it...

tdoss said:
And we will complain about it...
:hifive:

Or are they??? ...mind blown...

Entertainment Weekly:

There are so many talking points for SNLs 38th season finale that I hardly know where to begin! Maybe itll help to organize them as a list:

1. Tonight marks Ben Afflecks fifth time hosting Saturday Night Live, which grants him membership to SNLs storied Five-Timers Club. Usually, a moment like this would occasion a big, cameo-stuffed sketch featuring veteran hosts like Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin. But SNL just gave us a cameo-stuffed Five Timers Club sketch when Justin Timberlake hosted in March and its way too soon to repeat that same conceit. So how will the show acknowledge Afflecks milestone? Maybe Timberlake will show up to induct him?

2. As you may already know, Stefons very first SNL appearance wasnt a Weekend Update visit. It was this little-remembered sketch from the last time Affleck hosted the show in 2008, which casts Bill Hader and the host as brothers pitching a movie together. (According to the clip, Stefons last name is Zolesky who knew?) This has to mean that Stefon and Afflecks David are going to appear together again tonight, right?

3. Speaking of Stefon: Its Bill Haders last show! Which of his beloved characters/impressions (James Carville, Al Pacino, Herb Welch) will show up again and will he get a goodbye as sweet as Kristen Wiigs Rolling Stones-assisted sendoff?

4. Haders not the only one leaving SNL. Fred Armisen is reportedly done with the show, and Jason Sudeikis will likely exit as well after tonight. Will they each get their own individual send-offs? Which of Armisens worst recurring characters (Manuel Ortiz, Regine, Rodger Brush) will we have to tolerate because hes on his way out?

5. And then theres Seth Meyers, Jimmy Fallons Late Night heir apparent. Hes not actually departing SNL until this winter but clearly, the show has to acknowledge the news of its head writers new gig. Could Fallon stop by to give Meyers his blessing, or to come back to the Weekend Update desk for old times sake?

6. Kanye West, too, will be an SNL five-timer as of tonight, albeit only as a musical guest. I was really looking forward to seeing Jay Pharoah impersonate Kanye while standing next to Kanye but unfortunately, it seems unlikely that the rapper will appear in any sketches tonight. Why? Because heres one of the things he said during a long rant at an Upfront presentation this week: Hell nah, I aint doing no motherfing SNL skits; this my ####### life. This aint no motherfing joke!

7. Then again, it looks like Beyoncé might be pregnant again so that at least should be good for a Pharoah as Jay-Z sketch, right?

8. Hey, why doesnt Jay Pharoah get more screen time?

Ponder these questions before, after, and during tonights show and Ill be back in the morning with a full recap.

I think they usually do their most daring skits at the end of the show. They are usually throwaways but occasionally hit. I think a bunch of final skits have gone on the becoming regulars.

The extra people that came in on the final song ...I know Steve Jones (and Carrie Brownstein), I am older, but I still don't know the other 2 couples. Help anyone?

The blonde with the black glasses was Aimee Mann. Also, J Mascis from Dinosaur Jr. and Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you give Wiig a bloated, overbearing sendoff but nothing for Hader...one of the funnier guys on the show in many years.

I know that punk band gig with Armisen was meant to be the goodbye...I just feel like they spent so much energy on saying goodbye to Wiig but let these guys walk out the door with not so much as a "take care".

How do you give Wiig a bloated, overbearing sendoff but nothing for Hader...one of the funnier guys on the show in many years.

I know that punk band gig with Armisen was meant to be the goodbye...I just feel like they spent so much energy on saying goodbye to Wiig but let these guys walk out the door with not so much as a "take care".
Read that Hader was adament about not wanting a sendoff.

Read that Hader was adament about not wanting a sendoff.
I could see that...honestly, it felt right for his goodbye...along with Armisen with the punk song...I guess I'm still bent that Wiig had to have the full regalia for her no talent @zz.

The wife and I now watch SNL (tivo'd) every Sunday morning right before we watch CBS Sunday Morning to see which show garnishes more laughs. So far Charles Osgood is winning.

I guess I'm still bent that Wiig had to have the full regalia for her no talent @zz.
:lol: Funny comment, but when are you going to realize you might in the minority on Wiig.
Really? There were a slew of the same comments in this thread in regards to her.And I have no idea why anyone thinks Seth Meyers will be good for Late Night. He's decent for Weekend Update but he ALWAYS comes off as smug and a bit doouchey. He doesn't quite pull off endearing at all. I'm not looking forward to his stint after Fallon upgrades to the Tonight show.

I thought that was a pretty solid episode...Highlights were Hermes handbags and Xanax for GayWeddings

There were fewer cringe inducing sketches though IMO

Saw in another review that Affleck was a good choice for this one because as a director now he knows how to let the stars shine, and this episode wasn't about him, but about Hader, Armisen, Sudeikis, etc

Kanye was brutal

I thought the punk band goodbye was perfectly pitched, and they got a pretty awesome group of musicians to come out there

Man, I :wub: Carrie Brownstein

Users who are viewing this thread