What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (5 Viewers)

Jimmy Fallon's "Tebowie" skit crushed an entire episode of SNL.

Perhaps their is a reason, but on Morning Joe you never see a replay of an SNL skit while routinely seeing Jimmy Fallon one's, among others.
Jimmy may have a funny skit randomly, but no way would I watch Jimmy Fallon over SNL. Jimmy Fallon's monologues are painful to watch.

Lana del rey is easy on the eyes but an awful singer.
:goodposting: I've never heard of her before tonight. Although I'm not big into the music scene. Not a fan.
Her dad is a rich guy who spent a bunch of money to make her "image" (which they proudly call 'gangsta nancy Sinatra') and hire good producers. Lana del rey is a stage name Her record isn't out yet - for some reason (probably $$$) snl booked her. Awful.

:goodposting: I've never heard of her before tonight. Although I'm not big into the music scene. Not a fan.
Her dad is a rich guy who spent a bunch of money to make her "image" (which they proudly call 'gangsta nancy Sinatra') and hire good producers. Lana del rey is a stage name Her record isn't out yet - for some reason (probably $$$) snl booked her. Awful.
Kind of like Will Smith and his kids.

The ep on Dec 17th hosted by Jimmy Fallon with Michael Buble was the best I've seen in a while.

The skit with Fallon, Sanz, Kattan, and Morgan re-enacting the Christmas jingle was hilarious.

i've heard her on sirius XM in live performances recently and she was incredible with her voice so i thnk last night she was drunk or trying too hard to impress.anyhow...

Last edited by a moderator:
That crab skit was beyond awful. My wife said to me 'is that supposed to be funny?'. It's hard to imagine writers sitting around pitching that idea and Lorne or someone saying 'wow that's good, let's run with it'.

That crab skit was beyond awful. My wife said to me 'is that supposed to be funny?'. It's hard to imagine writers sitting around pitching that idea and Lorne or someone saying 'wow that's good, let's run with it'.
It was near the end of the show for a reason. Thought the episode on the whole was great.

I thought it started slow, the Mitt Romney sketch, couldn't tell if the dog was barking too long or what but it seemed off. Hard to time pets.

The opening monologue was slow, song was slow, jokes took too long to arrive, the first 15 minutes I thought was garbage. I like Zoe but the episode was pretty hit n miss with a lot of miss.

Yeah I thought it was a pretty good episode all in all. They've been on a decent roll lately. This is a real streaky cast.

Wonder why they keep getting these youtube nobodies as musical guests.

Yeah I thought it was a pretty good episode all in all. They've been on a decent roll lately. This is a real streaky cast.Wonder why they keep getting these youtube nobodies as musical guests.
Agree.Yeah, I've usually at least heard of whoever they're throwing out there.

Honestly, I thought the crab sketch was pretty funny.

Maya Rudolph is hosting tonight. My life is now complete.
Good God that was awful. Bill O'Reilly in the what has to be the worst long running skit in SNL history: What's up with that? And then the band. Maybe the sound was off, or maybe it's just supposed to be a chick whispering so you can't hear her while two guys play guitar really loud.

Good God that was awful. Bill O'Reilly in the what has to be the worst long running skit in SNL history: What's up with that? And then the band. Maybe the sound was off, or maybe it's just supposed to be a chick whispering so you can't hear her while two guys play guitar really loud.
Your post was awful. The episode was the best top-to-bottom on SNL in quite some time (edit: not counting the musical act, which sucked). Consistently funny throughout.

Your post was awful. The episode was the best top-to-bottom on SNL in quite some time (edit: not counting the musical act, which sucked). Consistently funny throughout.
It sucked :shrug:

It sucked :shrug:
I thought the Jeremy Lin skit was good but the rest sucked. Maya Rudolph isn't funny and I'm not a big fan of Amy Poehler.

I thought it was one of the better episodes in a long time. Some of those impressions during the Jay z skit were spot on. Justin Timberlake could be on the show as a regular and he'd be one of the funnier guys.

"I'm gonna go home and put my phone on vibrate. Then I'm gonna sit on it and keep calling myself".

Sleigh Bells were awesome.
I was unfamiliar with them prior to the show (and following along with the hype in the 2012 album thread). They sounded awful. If that's their typical mix, I'll pass. I think they sounded off. Way off.
I agree - they were terrible. Their first set you couldn't even hear the lead singer because the guitars were so loud. The second set was not as loud but it was still a poor performance. I turned the channel halfway thru the 2nd set because i felt embarrassed just watching them.

this was easily the best SNL episode in a long time.

Sleigh Bells is audio garbage.

The guy dancing in the red addias sweat suit in the background of that skit cracks me up everytime I see it. He has all of the old school hip hop dance down pat. It just cracks me up

The guy dancing in the red addias sweat suit in the background of that skit cracks me up everytime I see it. He has all of the old school hip hop dance down pat. It just cracks me up
Ditto

The Bronx Beat or whatever it was called was pretty good.

Best laugh was Pharoah's Morgan Freeman impersonation. Just that one word, "honor."

'Yenrub said:
'TexanFan02 said:
'Raider Nation said:
Hilarious....Jason Sudeikis (with a perm). He's everywhere right now...several decent movies last year (Horrible Bosses, Hall Pass), new season of East Bound and Down, and dating Olivia Wilde.

Users who are viewing this thread