What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

SNL is Friggin' Horrible! Except when Timberlake is hosting. (3 Viewers)

Something about Jack White's face annoys the #### out of me. Maybe it's the nose. Has that thing been rebuilt?

I laughed at Real Housewives of Disney.

Lohan was horrible in the scared straight skit, but still hot.

bill hader is so fn funny
I had a long discussion with friends last night about SNL (why, I have no idea, but it happened) and I really realized for the first time just how funny I find most of the cast members. Individually, nearly all of them are pretty good, IMO....but the writing is just so bad that is hamstrings them....or so it seems to me.

these last few wks, the cast is actually enjoying what it's doing as a troupe for the first time since Fey & Poehler left. so much easier to appreciate the good stuff & forgive the bad when the cast is kicking it instead of pressing to impress.

I thought the episode was kinda weak but I'm still watching every new one. Great cast. Below average writers. Every Episode has good and bad skits. I hoped LL would do some unplanned run through the studio naked while blowing rails off her forearm but she did admit she used to eat box so that's pretty cool. She struggles reading cue cards and delivering on it. I remember Peyton Manning being better than she was.

I don't listen to alot of Jack White but it seems he should get off the mic and just kill the guitar.

I dunno if I'm annoyed with Kristen Wiig because she's shoved down my throat each week or because I don't find her funny but either way I've seen enough of her. Her skit at the end with LL was awful. Another forced Wiig skit because the writers thinks she's the star. She's not.

I dunno if I'm annoyed with Kristen Wiig because she's shoved down my throat each week or because I don't find her funny but either way I've seen enough of her. Her skit at the end with LL was awful. Another forced Wiig skit because the writers thinks she's the star. She's not.
I think she's the only one that comes up with a lot of her own material on a consistent basis, even if it kinda sucks.Some hilarious performers but just not creative enough to be a great cast. Traditionally, the SNL writers are there to supplement, not come up with the whole show. Not sure if it's still that way in the post-Fey/Meyers era, but it's clear this cast doesn't have the same talent for consistent material as we've seen in the past.

Lohan as a host and the entire show were of WOAT status. Only decent skits were Real Housewives of Disney and Psychic Awards. Weekend Update with Carville was good. Rest of the skits were awful.

Pretty terrible episode. Lohan phoned it in. Just turned it off, flipped to the Nuggets game and laughed harder at the Bird Man than I did at any part of that SNL.

Last few episodes before this one were pretty good. Maybe they'll pick it back up with Jonah Hill next week. Or maybe they're completely out of ideas again. Streaky bastards.

'JZilla said:
'HughHoney said:
I think she's the only one that comes up with a lot of her own material on a consistent basis, even if it kinda sucks.Some hilarious performers but just not creative enough to be a great cast. Traditionally, the SNL writers are there to supplement, not come up with the whole show. Not sure if it's still that way in the post-Fey/Meyers era, but it's clear this cast doesn't have the same talent for consistent material as we've seen in the past.
I don't find her funny. She can be at times... but she recycles the same shtick over and over and over. Really grates on my nerves.

'HughHoney said:
I don't listen to alot of Jack White but it seems he should get off the mic and just kill the guitar.
I don't think the vocals were the source of the problems with his performance.

Looks like Jonah Hill has put some weight back on...for some reason, I dont find the skinny version of him funny.

Not funny yet.
That oriental game show skit was not only unfunny, but it was hard to watch. In 30 minutes, I realized why I never watch this show anymore. This is horrible.ETA: Im turning it off after The Shins play a diddy

Last edited by a moderator:
Ape skit was first time in years I can remember laughing so hard I cried while watching SNL. I lost it as soon as the ape said he had sex with him. I wasn't expecting that.

That ape skit was :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
For sure. Who was ape man?
I thought it was Hader based on the eyes but not sure
Hader was in the press. I think it was Armisen.And it just goes to show you how humor is in the eye of the beholder. I love the J-pop America Fun Time Now(di-do-der) skit. In fact my wife and sister get on the phone anytime it comes on and cry laughing so hard. Definitely agree in Vanessa Bayer being hot in the skit and pretty frumpy otherwise.I've loved this season. :shrug:

Sofia Vergara hosts tonight.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

If there aren't at least three skits which show off her gorgeous legs, I'm killing someone.

Accidentally deleted my post.

I missed the Romney opening, but the booty shorts ad was money.

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread