What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another Commish(OFFICIALLY) has gone Awol (1 Viewer)

T.Rex

Footballguy
***Please allow this to stay a day or two, so all members from his league can find each other as he has many.**

I know he has as many as 20 Dynasty leagues and from the 5 I know, he has went awol.

I am creating this so all the owners in all of his leagues can get together and try and figure out if there an option. Lets keep out the physical threats.

If you do not wish to post but are in his leagues you can pm me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sucks, sorry man. Not sure if its the economy or just shady commishes or a combo of both but seems like theres more of these this year.

a good commish is hard to find. I paid out my owners in 2 weeks

GL to all of you that got F'ed out of $

I hope it is not like the mess that is playing out on the linked to thread in my sig. This stuff is horrible.

I'm sure this will probably get moved to the Leagues thread eventually but this is a good place to start this.

I'm in a few of Wahoo's leagues too and I haven't received a response to any of the emails I've sent him regarding prize money. I've talked to a few of the other owners in these leagues and no one has a heard a word from him since week 16.

Having these threads moved to the looking for leagues board is such a disservice to the members here. I can't think of a single thing more important on this board than getting this kind of info out.

there is some good advice in the Aquil thread about contacting MFL to make "duplicate leagues" should Wahoos try and delete any info or lock us out.

Make sure you guys get screenshots of these leagues and cut-n-paste all prize payouts/accounting records/rules while you still can.

Move this to looking for leagues. This has no business in the shark pool
go fishing much??This is the best place for this thread to start because of the amount of traffic in the SP. Don't fret, Joe will move it to the Leagues thread soon enough.

go fishing much??This is the best place for this thread to start because of the amount of traffic in the SP. Don't fret, Joe will move it to the Leagues thread soon enough.
Hopefully, Joe learned the lesson the hard way with the AFFL thread he buried, warning prospective FBGers about the fraud that was going on with that outfit over a year ago. This sot of stuff needs to be out in the open--not buried in a forum nobody visits.

Awesome. I got highscore and division winner and prob won't get anything now. It's only $150 but still. I am in the wwe league with a few of you. I could have swore I had his contact info somewhere. I will see if i can find it...

BusterTBronco said:
The Shark Pool is reserved for sharing NFL talk and fantasy football strategy discussion.
Catchy description, but it hasn't been applied in forever.I, along with others, have urged Joe in the past to make a distinction between NFL talk and fantasy talk. Would clear up a lot of this stuff, and both forums would be heavily populated (unlike the ACF). But, it's fallen on deaf ears for reasons unclear.

Hopefully, Joe learned the lesson the hard way with the AFFL thread he buried, warning prospective FBGers about the fraud that was going on with that outfit over a year ago. This sot of stuff needs to be out in the open--not buried in a forum nobody visits.
maybe we should start an 'i got a parking ticket' thread. that way prospective FBGers will learn the pitfalls of driving a car.

maybe we should start an 'i got a parking ticket' thread. that way prospective FBGers will learn the pitfalls of driving a car.
Fail.

That sucks T-Rex. And this and the other thread SHOULD be here. This kind of thing affects lots of people, and we get more traffic here. Can anyone argue that every other "football related topic" thread here is really more important?

don't think this helps but i found this strangemy first year i played FF i joined a "quest fantasy football" league (commercial site). the second year (2009 season) i decided to buy an unclaimed dynasty team. they ran around 100 leagues so there were a lot of options. mostly all terrible teams that owners gave up on but i kept seeing a lot of teams for sale with the name "WAHOOS (#)" and owner name "frank gibson". his teams were REALLY good, most of them were sold in the first day. i managed to purchase one of his "lesser" teams that were not sold yeti traded most away but his team was roughlypalmerhasselbacksjaxmendylarry johnsonsprolesmcgeheejenningsroddykellen winslowheath miller^^that's too good of a team to just give up on, and that was one of his lesser teams. he gave up several better teams than thisi had no contact with frank here and he was not the commissioner of these leagues. he was just a customer of quest FF in this case.

i would not have found this or the AQUIL thread (which i am a victim in) if they started out in "looking for leagues"

don't think this helps but i found this strangemy first year i played FF i joined a "quest fantasy football" league (commercial site). the second year (2009 season) i decided to buy an unclaimed dynasty team. they ran around 100 leagues so there were a lot of options. mostly all terrible teams that owners gave up on but i kept seeing a lot of teams for sale with the name "WAHOOS (#)" either the owner name frank gibson. his teams were REALLY good, most of them were sold in the first day. i managed to purchase one of his "lesser" teams that were not sold yet^^that's too good of a team to just give up on, and that was one of his lesser teams. he gave up several better teams than this
just brainstorming here but maybe none of his payments went through and quest put up all of his teams for sale the following year?

don't think this helps but i found this strangemy first year i played FF i joined a "quest fantasy football" league (commercial site). the second year (2009 season) i decided to buy an unclaimed dynasty team. they ran around 100 leagues so there were a lot of options. mostly all terrible teams that owners gave up on but i kept seeing a lot of teams for sale with the name "WAHOOS (#)" either the owner name frank gibson. his teams were REALLY good, most of them were sold in the first day. i managed to purchase one of his "lesser" teams that were not sold yet^^that's too good of a team to just give up on, and that was one of his lesser teams. he gave up several better teams than this
just brainstorming here but maybe none of his payments went through and quest put up all of his teams for sale the following year?
Thats the craziest part. His teams are Young STACKED TEAMS he could have easily cashed in the leagues im in with him for at least the next 3-4 years without doing anything.

Leaguesafe. It's completely free. I can't see why people aren't demanding their commish use it at this point.
it is looking like league safe is the safest way if you are going to play with strangers
I use it in two leagues I commish or co-commish. Those are with friends and we all trust each other - but I'll tell you, it's a heckuva lot easier not keeping track of the money, especially around Christmas when a ton is coming in and out of my accounts - it's just less of a headache. I don't have to worry about tracking who paid when and how and all that. It does it for me.I like it a bunch for obvious and not as obvious reasons like I listed above.

How do you know he's awol?
That was going to be my question. He's in 3 of the HyperActive leagues (he doesn't commish these) and hasn't been to the home page in about 2 weeks, but what if he's in the hospital (or worse)? It seems guys in this thread are jumping right to the conclusion that he has run off with a bunch of money. Does anyone have any facts at all other than that of his absence?

Note to the mods. I'm lucky enough to play in two competitive leagues of friends. Most around here don't seem to be as fortunate. Why not have a pinned thread atop the shark pool linking to these threads, and warning of the dangers of sending money to people over the internet. It doesn't seem to matter if you send money to someone that been here for years, or is brand new. You can get burned.

Take a few advertising dollars from leaguesafe and call it a day.

He won money in a league I commish, and hasn't been online to post where he wants the money sent. Don't be so quick to assume he is scamming you guys, I have played with him for 4 years now in multiple leagues. Maybe something has come up in his life at the moment. He hasn't been online in my 2 leagues for 25 days.

A little friendly advice, call the guy before labeling him. It wouldn't be a good thing to ruin someone's reputation when you could be wrong.

Or you could get a life. Bashing folks who want to warn people or vent on this is lame. I'm quite sure Joe and Davis can police this board without yor help.

He won money in a league I commish, and hasn't been online to post where he wants the money sent. Don't be so quick to assume he is scamming you guys, I have played with him for 4 years now in multiple leagues. Maybe something has come up in his life at the moment. He hasn't been online in my 2 leagues for 25 days.
I have never said he has screwed anyone I said he has gone awol and wanted to reach out to all owners in his league.I truly hope he's okay and this is a misunderstanding but several emails cant go unanswered when people are expecting to get paid.A simple reply would be suffice.

Not sure how many people get a parking ticket while driving a car... :goodposting: :confused:

For the past 3 seasons I have played in 2 leagues with Wahoos and I would be totally shocked if he hasn't had some kind of emergency. I sure hope he is OK. But I can understand the OP's concerns and this is the right place to seek out information, Wahoos commishes so many leagues that hopefully an owner will be able to provide some credible information. Anyway, I just hope he is OK.

For the past 3 seasons I have played in 2 leagues with Wahoos and I would be totally shocked if he hasn't had some kind of emergency. I sure hope he is OK. But I can understand the OP's concerns and this is the right place to seek out information, Wahoos commishes so many leagues that hopefully an owner will be able to provide some credible information. Anyway, I just hope he is OK.
:goodposting: Been in one of his leagues for 4 years now and he has always been on the ball. Hope everything is alright.

Don't currently play in any leagues with him, but used to play in 2 with him in the past. Just checked and they are still running, with him having won one of them. Hasn't logged in in 23 days in the one that he did win, 33 days in the other where he was out of playoffs. Good guy, I commished one for a year or two and never had problems getting paid. I'd be surprised if something hasn't happened to him, hope he's OK.

A little friendly advice, call the guy before labeling him. It wouldn't be a good thing to ruin someone's reputation when you could be wrong.
you're right JohnnyU.....but the only contact info currently available on the sites is his email. There is one owner in these leagues that has more of a relationship with Wahoos than the rest of us and that owner's one response to a league message board post was this : "I haven't heard from him either just a message saying leagues will be tricky to keep open.... dont know whats goin on"I've reached out to that owner for more info on just what Wahoos thought would be "tricky", but no response as of yet.

link to that message board :

http://football12.myfantasyleague.com/2010...amp;tid=2756395

I don't know this guy from Abel, but I am guessing that a "good" scam artist would pick up his winnings (which is sounds like he won in two separate leagues at least. It also seems as though he went dark at roughly the same time in all (23-25 days ago), so my guess is the guy is away, in the hospital or dead (and for his sake, hopefully not the latter two).

I do think this brings up an interesting point in these online leagues where you do not know the commish. If you work in the corporate world, you are familiar with the "hit by a bus" theory and how you need to plan in case someone leaves/dies immediately. Leaguesafe sounds as though it would prevent this, but just another thing to think about in these types of situations.

Thoughts to the guy if he really is in a bad place.

I was able to get his phone number and got his voicemail. I left a detailed message with my phone number and asked for a call back.

Should have an idea sooner rather then later at this point.

Thats the craziest part. His teams are Young STACKED TEAMS he could have easily cashed in the leagues im in with him for at least the next 3-4 years without doing anything.
Hey rex this is TWT im in about 10 of franks wahoo leagues and I think he has Multiple teams as well as running away with the money and he needs to be stopped... Im willing to commish these leagues if MFL can give up the passwords... I dont think anyone should give this POS another dime.... He has been trading bums for studs for a few years... ever since my dad TOM JAMES died in 08 and frank took over the leagues he has been shady... Mass mauraders, pigskin pirates, big d, and other teams are suspected to be his.... I hope we can resolve this I have been in these leagues since 2006 since the beginning and this really upsets me, my dad would be upset the most because he ran a tight ship and was always honest.... well hope we can resolve this guys thanks for your support, sent you an email rex and glad to hear someone wants to do something about it?

I don't know this guy from Abel, but I am guessing that a "good" scam artist would pick up his winnings (which is sounds like he won in two separate leagues at least. It also seems as though he went dark at roughly the same time in all (23-25 days ago), so my guess is the guy is away, in the hospital or dead (and for his sake, hopefully not the latter two). I do think this brings up an interesting point in these online leagues where you do not know the commish. If you work in the corporate world, you are familiar with the "hit by a bus" theory and how you need to plan in case someone leaves/dies immediately. Leaguesafe sounds as though it would prevent this, but just another thing to think about in these types of situations.Thoughts to the guy if he really is in a bad place.
he won in over 10 diff leagues and had multiple teams in leagues

A couple things

1. Being a Commish is tough. I Commish a few leagues including a dyansty league with sevral regular FBG posters and I can tell you the pressure to do right is intense.

2. The season has just ended and I have played in leagues where the checks didn't go out until the Super Bowl. A lot of times right after the FF season is over, owners like to relax and focus on the NFL playoffs. It sounds like people were wanting their checks right after Philly was done with that Tuesday night game. Christmas and New Years just passed. You all are doing permanent damage to the leagues meaning if he pops up in the next week and cuts the checks I'm not sure these leagues can continue.

Is the money that much? I feel like whoever the $500 winner was has already spent the money and needs it immediately. Technically the money should go out shortly after the season ends. I also think anytime the checks go out in January is fine. I have a league where I am waiting for roughly a few hundred bucks to come back to me...but I know the commish well and I'm sure I'll see that check in the next couple weeks. Not a big deal.

What if he had emailed back and said he wouldn't be sending the checks out until mid to late January? You probably would have been mad about that too.

Not defending Frank but I have competed with him and I never saw anything that would lead me to believe he was working this place for the last 3-4 years for the "big score". And others said his teams are set up to compete for the next many years. Traded duds for studs, sounds like he is a great owner. I think this thread should have waited at least another week...and I bet he does answer you all back soon and you are going to look foolish.

Users who are viewing this thread