What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2011 Oakland Raiders In-Season Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm sick - so damn sick of the excuses. Don't wanna hear them anymore Hue. :hophead: We had our destiny in our hands thanks to KC, and we killed ourselves today. The Defense was awful, and Rivers had all day. But Palmer and the offense was always out of sync and could never get the play clock management right. This game was one giant fail, and now we have a draft board that is close to bare as you can get and it goes without saying we will have a new D coordinator, but that's too little and too late. 2002 seems like a loooooong time ago. :wall:

Would have won division with a win but once again the defense failed to get a stop. No playoffs and no high draft picks. At least its a New Year.

What are the chances you guys bring back Jason Campbell? I think he looked better than Palmer but perhaps that's only because I don't follow the team as closely as you folks.

We had a decent team and some momentum with Jason Campbell and DMC before they got hurt, but we really didn't have a backup plan, although Bush filled in admirably. Carrying Boller as the #2 QB was a mistake just to coddle Campbell's ego. We way overpaid for CP and he showed his ceiling this year. Pretty good QB, but not one that is going to lead a team to a Super Bowl. Now we have no choice but to burn our bridge with Campbell, and hope for the best with Palmer. Seymour, despite some clutch blocked kicks had too many splash plays against him and personal fouls to want to keep him on next year. At least not at the price he thinks he's worth.

We found a gem in the 5th round in Denarius Moore, and he's like a first rounder, so that's good. Also Wiz II had some moments. Chimdi Checkwa is a future searter. The team at its best was better than last year, but at timrs worse than last year.

Maddeningly inconsistent. When it counted, a 99 yard drive to the Lions and a 99 1/2 yard drive to the Chargers with the playoffs in the balance. Unforgivable failure.

I'm not ready to pin a whole lot of this on Palmer just yet... He came in late, and had zero time to gel with the offence or any of the important pieces. If his play does not improve with a full off-season then my stance will change. But I'm still in his corner at this point. If Campbell wants to stick around and find a way to not be a distraction, then I'm all for it. He's far better the Kyle Boller.

I'm fairly disappointed with how the McFadden deal was handled. Sure he's injured. But why not IR him and gain the roster spot? Seems like a miss from a roster management stand point. Having Bush helped immensely. Not sure how it will work financially, or against other teams competing for his services, but I hope the Raiders find a means to maintain him. McFadden while special when he suits up, clearly cannot be relied on for a full season.

The WR group needs vet added to the mix not name TJ Houshmanzadeh.

Bottom line, here are my thoughts:

[*]I'm looking forward to seeing this offence next season. They have a ton of potential.

[*]I'm looking forward to a new DC.

[*]I'm excited to see a GM be added to the front office

Not to make excuses, but what was the total number of injured starters who missed key time this year?

Playoffs this season would have been great. But the team was not playing anywhere close to well enough to be able to make noise in the up coming weeks. Maybe coming this close will be a wake up call for them.

With that said, it sure does suck to see a Broncos team make the play-off's on a loss.

'Dr. Awesome said:
What are the chances you guys bring back Jason Campbell? I think he looked better than Palmer but perhaps that's only because I don't follow the team as closely as you folks.
About 2 percent. If nobody is willing to give him a starting job or at least compete for a starting job, there is a small chance he might be willing to play backup here for another year at a lesser contract. Flynn will be the hottest FA QB if he isnt franchised. Campbell will be one of other few who should get interest from teams looking for a veteran.Lots of other FAs on the team also. Some will be resigned, some wont. Branch and Reece are the only must resign players. Bush and Barnes are big question marks. If Cartwright doesnt retire, he deserves another contract. I think the rest of the FAs are career backup types who will have to earn their roster spot each year even if resigned.Henderson and Chris Johnson arent FAs but could be forced into retirement due to their age and injuries. Seymour can probably finish his contract which means one more year. There isnt any position on offense or defense that is set in stone at both starter and backup. The kicking aces are monuments. Centers and TEs are all signed for at least another year. Everything else has at least one question mark.

'32 Counter Pass said:
'Garrett said:
Chuck Bresnahan better be fired tomorrow.
:goodposting: And if the Rams fired Spags the Raiders should make a big pitch to him.
Yes they should, before Philly goes and gets him. Spags will be a hot commodity. Bresnahan should have never been re-hired. His defensive schemes were just ridiculous. How he believes that a slow MLB like Rolando can drop into coverage and cover elite WRs like Vincent Jackson and Calvin Johnson is just moronic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread