What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Shameless" (1 Viewer)

pollardsvision

Footballguy
Seems to have potential.

Caught the pilot for 3 reasons:

-Showtime's on fire right now

-I doubt William H. Macy would be in something completely horrible (as long as it's not a biker movie with Martin Lawrence)

-Emmy Rossum's really hot and Showtime likes to show alot of boobs

Pilot was solid. Probably worth checking out if you haven't seen it.

Watched the first episode last night, this show is going to be very very good. It's funny, depressing, exciting and sexy all at once. I think this will be a hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the first episode last night, this show is going to be very very good. It's funny, depressing, exciting and sexy all at once. I think this will be a hit.
*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
Great scene. They bought my attention for at least 4 more episodes on that scene alone.I agree, too, that the show will be a hit.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***
");document.close();
Great scene. They bought my attention for at least 4 more episodes on that scene alone.I agree, too, that the show will be a hit.

She's such a good actress, so is Macy, but Rossum was great...holding back the tears seemed very real. Such a likable family.

Really liking this show. Two episodes in and there are a variety of characters I am attached to for different reasons.

This show keeps banging out great episodes.

As an added bonus, it's probably my favorite opening title sequence of any show ever. It's clever and most importantly, involves Emmy Rossum taking a whizz.

We have been enjoying the show as well although it does seem an hour may be too long. 30-45 mins could be good but since there are no commercials, we get some slow fillers.

Emmy Rossum is damn nice to look at and has a nice rack. Macy is hilarious. The neighbors are great (esp the guy from Reba's show from a few years back). I have it on my DVR schedule along with Californication and am loving them both.

B Maverick said:
We have been enjoying the show as well although it does seem an hour may be too long. 30-45 mins could be good but since there are no commercials, we get some slow fillers.

Emmy Rossum is damn nice to look at and has a nice rack. Macy is hilarious. The neighbors are great (esp the guy from Reba's show from a few years back). I have it on my DVR schedule along with Californication and am loving them both.
Yeah, I was kind of surprised to see him on this show. Quite a step up in class. Not that Reba's show is horrible for what it is. Couldn't tell much about that guy on Reba's show, but he plays this Shameless character very well. I also have a feeling he'll ended up winning a Golden Globe for "Most times dislaying your ### on a TV drama"

Oh, and I think my favorite line was from the dad of the slutty girl to Macy (as he's about to be violated again), "Better take some Advil now. Get ahead of the pain".

Downloaded the first season of the British version, they had like 8 seasons.

Watched the first few British eps and the us version basically copies word for word every so far. So much for originality, but our version has a much better cast and looks like a tv show while the British one looks like a high school kid filmed it

Now the show I look forward to the most each week. Pretty amazing to me how much they have developed in each of the characters in only a few episodes. Basically the opposite of Walking Dead. Maybe that is the sole reason it is amazing. It could be normal but Walking Dead ruined my ability to perceive that.

This show keeps banging out great episodes.

As an added bonus, it's probably my favorite opening title sequence of any show ever. It's clever and most importantly, involves Emmy Rossum taking a whizz.
It's good. Even the Macy Moment where he's doing a different hoboish thing, (grabbing cig butt out of street garbage can) before each episode, while telling you "here's what you missed" is creativeAunt Ginger has a hard on

:lmao:

Lips girlfriend Karen topless a few weeks. Wow. Did not see that one coming but was friggin loving it. Guess I got a little Homer in me.

Lips girlfriend Karen topless a few weeks. Wow. Did not see that one coming but was friggin loving it. Guess I got a little Homer in me.
That's the first time in awhile I felt uncomfortable. You know she is at least 18 in real life but playing a 16 year old on the show. I wasn't sure how to feel ;)

Great show. For such a totally dysfunctional family, I'm curious as to whether the writers will push the drugs (selling), violence and sex (selling) angles at all.

When I first saw Kev I automatically thought of Linderman from the movie My Bodyguard.

Great show. For such a totally dysfunctional family, I'm curious as to whether the writers will push the drugs (selling), violence and sex (selling) angles at all.
I feel like each kid is going to get involved in something they shouldn't and the big sis is going to straighten them out.

I like how every single thing that would seem oh so simple and predictable winds up being complex.

A kid could just be going to the store and get beaten up. Dad goes to get groceries with a list and $ and look at all the writers did with that.

That woman's going to a wedding and...nope she ain't leaving the house.

Her ex comes home and "holy cow the sh gonna hit the fan now" but no, the dude's carrying a cross into the basement and offering advice on certain type of wounds after spending time with his ex in bed.

They're gonna get married! Awww but wait he's already married, the brother's a freak chained to a toilet to keep from the wedding and they need a fake priest to "get one over" on her mother.

The little girl kidnaps a kid and it's not how dare she (to me the viewer) but instead an intriguing mystery of how to get the kid back and pretend it didn't happen. OK So they did that angle, that'll never happen again but wait they kidnap a crazy old lady who seems to have the time of her life with that little girl around and....

(might have the order mixed up)

She's banging a cop, oh she's going to fix her life and start onto a good path with him. He's probably going to move in and ....nope she wants the car stealing guy with boatloads of $ instead.

I love the unpredictability.

Great show. For such a totally dysfunctional family, I'm curious as to whether the writers will push the drugs (selling), violence and sex (selling) angles at all. When I first saw Kev I automatically thought of Linderman from the movie My Bodyguard.
I'd be surprised if they did that (depending on what you mean by pushing the violence angle, I guess Killer Carl would fit that bill)It seems like it would go against the story they are currently telling, to me at least. Frank is the only true ####head on the show. It's a story about some heroic kids getting by despite their dad. I think they are doing alot to display the inner strength of all of the kid characters, so sex/drugs/violence would seem to go against that.Plenty of scamming and stealing, but I'd guess their money will come from more and more legit places before it comes from drugs or sex. The victims of most their crimes seem to be insurance companies, the government, or big businesses. Fiona's pride seems to be a running theme, so it's hard to imagine her sliggin' booty. Only other option on the show for selling sex is Ian.I could maybe see someone selling some pot (I guess Steve started that already), but not any real drugs.Anyway, I think they'll avoid alot of dysfunctional family themes, as it seems to be mostly about how surprisingly functional this family actually is.

Oh, and the scene with Steve smoking a joint with the Principal was hilarious. The whole notion of the scene taking place was beyond ridiculous, but they certainly made up for that with the execution. The Principal had me in stitches.

Nice appearance by T-Bag. Looks like he's around at least once more...hopefully that's not it.

Some awesome characters in this show....Lip, Frank (obviously, Macy is solid), Karen's Dad (isn't that Freddy Rumsen from Mad Men?), etc...

There also seems to be alot of "Walter Bishop type" one liners (if you watch Fringe you know what I mean) in these early episodes, but they are scattered across many characters. Very solid.

One thing I'm worried about in this thread and if you're looking around elsewhere (google, facebook, etc)....this is apparently following the same path exactly as the Brit version which is like 8 seasons in. A simple google search about a character brings up stuff you probably don't want to know since it's so new here and apparently a hit overseas. I don't know how exact it is, but I did read something that the Pilot was basically word for word the same. Let's keep that stuff out of here please...even in the spoiler tags.

Nice appearance by T-Bag. Looks like he's around at least once more...hopefully that's not it.

Some awesome characters in this show....Lip, Frank (obviously, Macy is solid), Karen's Dad (isn't that Freddy Rumsen from Mad Men?), etc...
Yes - I recognize him from One Crazy Summer and Dharma and Greg :kicksrock: He's been in a ton of stuff - Joel Murray

BTW - who is Mandy on the show - she is listed in 6 episodes but don't remember a Mandy character

Yes - I recognize him from One Crazy Summer and Dharma and Greg :blackdot: He's been in a ton of stuff - Joel Murray

BTW - who is Mandy on the show - she is listed in 6 episodes but don't remember a Mandy character
Pretty sure Mandy is the crazy HS chick that got mad b/c Ian wouldn't nail her, sicked her crazy bros. on him, but is now his friend. imdb has her played by Jane Levy. I think that's her, but she just looks completely different in the show.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3994408/

That's the first time in awhile I felt uncomfortable. You know she is at least 18 in real life but playing a 16 year old on the show. I wasn't sure how to feel :lol:
22. So that helps. I know what you mean about it being uncomfortable though.
Yeah I knew she was older than 18 I confused her with someone else however still "shocking" - getting older some gals I feel could be "16". :unsure:

Don't watch the show but did DVR (Until I delete), due to friend's reconmendation, Rossum's naked pool scene.

She is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread