What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Titans not to bring back Moss (1 Viewer)

I wonder where he'll be going in next years drafts in different formats. He may just be worth a shot if he's going in the late rounds.

Serious question: with them going out in their first playoff game, and considering how much the passing game struggled for much of the game, does anyone now think the Patriots will consider bringing Moss back?

Serious question: with them going out in their first playoff game, and considering how much the passing game struggled for much of the game, does anyone now think the Patriots will consider bringing Moss back?
Who knows. What I DO know is that the lazy jackhole will go yet another year without a ring. Would have hated to see the Pats take pity on him and give him a Super Bowl ring had they won it all. I've accepted the fact he's going into the Hall of Fame. As long as he never gets a ring, I can sleep at night.

The lack of a deep threat was a big issue today. I mean the jets only had to cover about 10 yards of the field.

there were stories of some attitude problems, so I kind of doubt it, but you never know.

Pats win with Moss today. I thought that's why this thread was bumped when I saw it. I thought it during the game. Pats couldn't stretch the field = loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
(KFFL) The Tennessee Titans are not expected to re-sign impending free-agent WR Randy Moss this offseason, reports Jim Wyatt, of The Tennessean.thoughts?
I would lay money right now that the Jets make a strong push for Randy to stick it to NE even more...

I wouldnt mind seeing him opposite of calvin with nate in the slot and the TEs are very good.....the lions might be able to run the ball consistently finally

one article:

The Randy Moss story in Tennessee only gets stranger.

Moss, who was acquired off waivers by the Titans in early November, had his quietest game since joining the team Sunday, not only yet again not catching a pass, but this time playing just one play in a 34-14 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

"He understands we are playing the other guys," Jeff Fisher said Sunday. "Kenny (Britt) is getting a chance to make a lot of plays. I've said over and over, I think that move was a good move, and I am glad to have him on our football team."

Moss, who began the season with the New England Patriots before being traded to Minnesota, has caught five passes for 62 yards and no touchdowns in seven games with Tennessee. He hasn't caught a pass in the last three games, and rarely has he been targeted, if at all.

Moss' diminished role in the last three weeks isn't a complete surprise. Britt, in his second year out of Rutgers, has returned from a hamstring injury during that span.

"They play the same position," Titans quarterback Kerry Collins said of Moss and Britt. "There is really no other explanation for it. Randy has been a great teammate, great for the guys in the locker room. But (Britt) has to be on the field, and I think it comes down to that."

another article:

Tennessee Titans WR Randy Moss said Wednesday that he's interested in continuing his career in Nashville next year.

Moss' contract expires after the season. The Titans' are his third team this year, and he has had limited success since joining them in early November.

But Moss, who said he's a "a country boy in a country city," told the Tennessean he'd like to work out a deal to stay with the Titans.

"This organization has been good to me," he said. "My production has not been where I want it to be or where the organization wants it to be. But when it comes down to it, I think they are happy with where they are at with me and I am happy with where I'm at."

Moss has caught just five passes for 62 yards and no TDs with the Titans. At age 33, he has a combined 27 catches for 375 yards and five TDs this year, on pace for career lows.

Having already been let go by two teams this season, Moss is unlikely to be in high demand in the offseason as a free agent.

"At 33 I am still running with the 20-year-olds. It might take me a little longer to warm up," Moss said. "But other than that I still have fun with the guys. I still can compete and I still can get open. The bad thing about me being so old at 33 is I still have a lot of football left to be played. So we'll see what the future holds."

and another

Titans QB Kerry Collins hasn't thrown a ball at WR Randy Moss in two consecutive games, but Moss has had an impact on the team. WR Kenny Britt says Moss has been invaluable to him in the classroom.

"He's taught me how to go out there and practice as a pro," Britt told The Tennessean. "The way you practice, using good technique ... and how guys play you in practice. In the past, I've worn myself out in practices during the week and then I go to the games and I'd be tired and worn out in the fourth quarter. He's helped me out with the things I eat and drink. He's taught me things that should help me a lot."

Moss, a well-traveled receiver, isn't trying to talk his way out of Tennessee. In fact, Moss sounds like he's trying to talk the Titans into keeping him around after this season.

Moss said this week he thinks he still has a couple good seasons left and wants to give the NFL and fans something to remember him by. He loves the Titans and sees Nashville as a perfect fit for the self-described country boy from West Virginia.

"I just want to give the league and the fans something to remember me by, and hopefully if it's not here in Tennessee it'll be somewhere else," Moss said this week. "I wouldn't mind staying here in Tennessee I really wouldn't."

One more, and by now you've gotta get the point about Moss tutoring Britt (surprisingly) very very well:

Coach Jeff Fisher wants a "drama free" offseason out of receiver Kenny Britt. The most encouraging thing for the Titans is that Britt has the same expectation, and this time he plans on following through. That means no embarrassing off-field incidents, a greater commitment to the team's offseason workout program and fewer stops at fast food establishments.

At least that's the plan. The Titans just hope it's not lip service from the player who showed in 2010 he could be a star in the making.

"My brother once told me 'the sky can't be the limit when a man walked on the moon,' " Britt said. "I have big goals for myself. I want to be a great one. So I plan on focusing on my craft, and working. I'm nowhere close to being satisfied and I have a feeling no one else is either."

Britt's second NFL season was a roller coaster.

He had two 100-yard games, including a 225-yard, three-touchdown outing against the Eagles in November.

He was a big-play threat, with four catches of 50-plus yards, and a team-best average of 18.5 yards per reception.

He finished the season with 42 catches for 775 yards and a team-best nine touchdown catches.

Yet there could have been so much more. A hamstring injury shut Britt down for four games, and he missed good chunks of two other games with injuries.

The Titans believe some of Britt's injuries could have been prevented if he'd done a better job taking care of himself last offseason and during the season.

Until Britt completely commits to those kinds of improvements he always will be a guy who leaves coaches and teammates wanting more, offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger said.

Heimerdinger has heard Britt's promises before.

"He has to realize it takes more than talent. We've seen how talented Kenny is,'' he said. "And it is more than just nutrition. During the season he has to realize 'Thursday night I could stay at home and get some rest. The places that I go on Thursday night are still going to be around when my career finishes.'

"If he wants to be great, there's some extra work he has to do, and when he realizes that, he could play in this league for a while. If he doesn't, he'll be out of this league in five years because he won't do the things necessary.''

Aside from needing to be in better shape, those things include being a better route runner and becoming a student of the game. It starts during the offseason and continues during the season — it's a year-round job.

"People who play in this league do the extra, and he has to do the extra,'' Heimerdinger said. "He is something now, but he could really be something if he does the extra because the guy is a freak.

"Now does he want to be average, or does he want to be special? It's up to him.''

Aside from his injury issues, Britt was also the subject of controversy off the field in 2010.

In October he was involved in a fight at a Nashville nightclub, but never was charged. In August he received a misdemeanor citation for driving on a revoked license.

Those incidents were basically a continuation of last offseason, when Britt had his New Jersey driver's license suspended after an arrest there for outstanding traffic warrants (he paid $865 and was released).

When Britt got off to a slow start in 2010, coaches blamed his nonchalant approach during the offseason, when he was mostly absent from the team's voluntary workout program at Baptist Sports Park.

"Kenny needs to focus on becoming the best receiver in the National Football League,'' Fisher said. "He has the skills and the tools to do that. He is young and he has to learn to stay healthy, and take care of his body. … He has tremendous potential. But he has to be willing to put in the work.''

The Titans were aware of that potential when they made Britt their first-round pick in 2009 out of Rutgers.

Britt said he gained confidence this season and learned a lot about taking care of his body and eating right from veteran receiver Randy Moss.

"I am one of those guys who likes to eat McDonald's in the morning, Wendy's at lunch and Burger King for dinner. I have to stop that," Britt said. "That's what I like to do, but I have to cut that out after the hamstring pull."

As for his mistakes last offseason, Britt blamed his youth.

"That was being a rookie and not having the right mind-set heading into my second year,'' he said. "I thought I could do it all myself, with my talent.''

Now he is ready to see his career take off and is willing to do the work.

That includes working out at Baptist Sports Park on a more regular basis, although if there's no new collective bargaining agreement he could be on his own starting in March. Even if that happens, Britt said he wouldn't slack off like he did previously.

"I know now I have to work hard and prevent the injuries that happened to me this year because that ended up keeping me from having a better year,'' Britt said. "But I feel good about a lot of things that happened and I feel good about my ability to be a No. 1 receiver, to be a go-to guy.

"But I know I can do a whole lot more. I plan on working hard coming back better than ever.''

Who knows. What I DO know is that the lazy jackhole will go yet another year without a ring. Would have hated to see the Pats take pity on him and give him a Super Bowl ring had they won it all. I've accepted the fact he's going into the Hall of Fame. As long as he never gets a ring, I can sleep at night.
Now thats some hate. :lmao: Moss has been exactly what he was said to be coming into the league. A freak of nature but with personal issue baggage.I think he is still a freak and can play at a high level for a couple more years but that baggage is always going to be there.

and anotherTitans QB Kerry Collins hasn't thrown a ball at WR Randy Moss in two consecutive games, but Moss has had an impact on the team. WR Kenny Britt says Moss has been invaluable to him in the classroom."He's taught me how to go out there and practice as a pro," Britt told The Tennessean. "The way you practice, using good technique ... and how guys play you in practice. In the past, I've worn myself out in practices during the week and then I go to the games and I'd be tired and worn out in the fourth quarter. He's helped me out with the things I eat and drink. He's taught me things that should help me a lot."Moss, a well-traveled receiver, isn't trying to talk his way out of Tennessee. In fact, Moss sounds like he's trying to talk the Titans into keeping him around after this season.Moss said this week he thinks he still has a couple good seasons left and wants to give the NFL and fans something to remember him by. He loves the Titans and sees Nashville as a perfect fit for the self-described country boy from West Virginia."I just want to give the league and the fans something to remember me by, and hopefully if it's not here in Tennessee it'll be somewhere else," Moss said this week. "I wouldn't mind staying here in Tennessee I really wouldn't."
Great news.I only hope TEN is smart enough to keep him. If Moss can switch to a new position (as Fisher envisioned), even better.

"He's taught me how to go out there and practice as a pro," Britt told The Tennessean. "The way you practice, using good technique ... and how guys play you in practice. In the past, I've worn myself out in practices during the week and then I go to the games and I'd be tired and worn out in the fourth quarter. He's helped me out with the things I eat and drink. He's taught me things that should help me a lot."
Wonder if he taught him that if you don't run the routes 75% of the time you don't get as tired.

Wonder if he taught him that if you don't run the routes 75% of the time you don't get as tired.
Everyone seemed to wonder and/or worry about his influence on Britt. I think this news of him being such a positive influence on Britt and all the good qualities he taught him is fairly surprising. Somewhere Al Davis is wondering if Javon Walker was wearing his jersey in Oak.

Users who are viewing this thread