What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yet another commish steals everyone's money (1 Viewer)

'foursport said:
being an honest commish for 13 years, this makes me sad and angry :thumbup: :thumbup: . these guy are good to give our great hobby a bad name
I hear ya fsufan. It's unfortunate that a few bad apples out of hundreds of good commishes all of sudden throws a stain on all of us. I've been commishing since 1992 and have never had a problem with payouts...Never! I'd hate to have guys all of a sudden boycott my leagues just because I don't do leaguesafe, but if they do, they do. Not much I can do about it.
Ditto here - I have been asked about Leaguesafe and respond as follows:"I have been running leagues for about 17 years now - most of the leagues and their history can be found by doing a search on MFL for teams named foursport. Never have had a payment or payout issue on my end BUT I have been stuck by a few owners who promise to pay - like last year for close to $600. I took that on the chin and did not let it affect payouts. Look at the league history as well as players whose names you will recognize that are in my leagues - would never be able to sustain credibility if I didn't pay out for all these years. That being said - I see and understand why some folks want such a service - it's just not for me and the majority of my owners - if that's not cool with you, I understand you not wanting to risk joining my leagues and that's OK"
Ouch. This is the main reason i went with payment dues dates in february and march a month or two before any league activity. Guess that doesn't work as well with redraft leagues though.I did go with leaguesafe in a new league this year and had a couple issues but customer service was quick to respond. I guess all future leagues i do will be with them because of ripoff artists.

I got ripped off too. I won a yahoo league last year and the guy never paid. But I had to just let it go because I didnt know what to do. Never paying through pay pal again. So what can we do to these jerks that rip us off? Can we take legal action?

ive been riped off 3 times in my 25 years. (none from this football guy board) i have the address of all 3 and plan a bounty hunting trip. should make it a business reading this stuff and seeing it happen over and over. someone has to teach these kids ripping off fantasy leagues is a no no. i am navy seal trained so why not put my talents to use? i might not be able to get the money but i can get payback in many other ways! deadbeats pretty much ruined the fantasy craveing for me. i peaked at 30 leagues 2009 and now cut back to 3.

Daniel Newton has resurfaced - he joined a Phenoms league and was recognized (he's still using the dcn12586@yahoo.com email address). He still owes me a balance of $400 from 4 years ago so I contacted him and demanded my money. He said he is all remorseful and will pay me but has to do it in installments because he doesn't have the money right now (same old BS as before). Had no choice in agreeing to it so we'll see if the first payment shows up next week. Thought I'd pass this information along in case anyone else is still owed money from this guy. Good luck.

that guy wasnt even smart enough to change his email addy???

So he can join new leagues but not pay out from his past debts.

BTW, Chris Bruce still owes people money!!!

Users who are viewing this thread