What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL 1 Draft Discussion (1 Viewer)

rzrback77

Footballguy
Chris Johnson went first and was followed by Arian Foster. Next was LeSean McCoy. I am already enjoying the fact that this year does not seem to be the same old guard.

Nothing wrong with any of these picks and we should have some lively debate together.

IMO what you want to do in these drafts is minimize risk.

Foster is risky for the simple fact that his track record is 1 season, and it appears than just about any back can be productive in the Houston system, Dom Davis, Steve Slaton.

Obviously Foster has passed Slaton by but the drafting of Ben Tate in round2 should push Foster.

I had thoughts of McCoy sliding to me at 1.11, guess that is out the window.

Chris Johnson went first and was followed by Arian Foster. Next was LeSean McCoy. I am already enjoying the fact that this year does not seem to be the same old guard.Nothing wrong with any of these picks and we should have some lively debate together.
there were several other players i had in mind( don't want to name drop although all know who i'm talking about) but Charles plays in a weak defensive division and seems they finally put things together on O this past year so here's hoping for great things.

I don't think there is a clear top tier of RB for the 2011 season - lots of good runners but not clear on situations, usage, etc

That said I do agree with Fiddles and LHUCKS that I would have picked Foster at #1 - true because he was the top scorer much less top RB by an average of five points per game doesn't mean he will repeat BUT he has the talent and opportunity and is as good a bet as anyone to end up RB1. No one can predict RB 1-5 in the right order each year - the objective here is to pick one you like that will at least finish as a Top 10 RB and not have wasted your pick.

I actually like McCoy - RB#3 this year to continue to improve but he could easily score fewer points than Charles or one or two others yet to be picked

I don't think there is a clear top tier of RB for the 2011 season - lots of good runners but not clear on situations, usage, etcThat said I do agree with Fiddles and LHUCKS that I would have picked Foster at #1 - true because he was the top scorer much less top RB by an average of five points per game doesn't mean he will repeat BUT he has the talent and opportunity and is as good a bet as anyone to end up RB1. No one can predict RB 1-5 in the right order each year - the objective here is to pick one you like that will at least finish as a Top 10 RB and not have wasted your pick.I actually like McCoy - RB#3 this year to continue to improve but he could easily score fewer points than Charles or one or two others yet to be picked
I like McCoy's potential too. I don't like his week to week variation with Vick around. He'll be a great pick if you can back him up.Really like the Charles pick. Was hoping to get a draft slot on the 4-5 range so I could select him. The KC coaching staff are a bunch of Hucks for not recognizing this guy's talent and getting him more touches.

I don't see any terrible picks...my top tier in this format.

Foster

Ray Rice (McGahee gone)

Chris Johnson

MJD

Foster is risky for the simple fact that his track record is 1 season, and it appears than just about any back can be productive in the Houston system, Dom Davis, Steve Slaton.

Obviously Foster has passed Slaton by but the drafting of Ben Tate in round2 should push Foster.

Exactly why we went Gore at #8. Would have gone Mendy otherwise. Mendy is not as flashy but solid. Gore has more upside in PPR IMO. Hopefully Harbaugh can utilize him and I don't believe his injury towards the end of the season will linger into 2011. Saw Duckboy go McFadden at #9...we kicked that name around too but you are going to have some low production weeks IMO. He might go for 30 one week and 5 the next. Too big a swing for January IMO. Flip side though is he mcFadden can hit for distance and make up holes at other spots.

All the picks seem to have merit so far.

I don't think there is a clear top tier of RB for the 2011 season - lots of good runners but not clear on situations, usage, etcThat said I do agree with Fiddles and LHUCKS that I would have picked Foster at #1 - true because he was the top scorer much less top RB by an average of five points per game doesn't mean he will repeat BUT he has the talent and opportunity and is as good a bet as anyone to end up RB1. No one can predict RB 1-5 in the right order each year - the objective here is to pick one you like that will at least finish as a Top 10 RB and not have wasted your pick.I actually like McCoy - RB#3 this year to continue to improve but he could easily score fewer points than Charles or one or two others yet to be picked
Helps that his HC is coming back too IMO.

Exactly why we went Gore at #8. Would have gone Mendy otherwise. Mendy is not as flashy but solid. Gore has more upside in PPR IMO. Hopefully Harbaugh can utilize him and I don't believe his injury towards the end of the season will linger into 2011. Saw Duckboy go McFadden at #9...we kicked that name around too but you are going to have some low production weeks IMO. He might go for 30 one week and 5 the next. Too big a swing for January IMO. Flip side though is he mcFadden can hit for distance and make up holes at other spots.

There isnt a single player taken so far thats a bigger injury risk than Gore IMO. That guy burns me every year. Im soooooo off of Gore this year

There isnt a single player taken so far thats a bigger injury risk than Gore IMO. That guy burns me every year. Im soooooo off of Gore this year
When he is playing he is top 5. Top3 thru week 10, PPG top5 thru week 11...I hear you but he is an elite RB and will have a couple rookies along the OL that will be a year wiser. Excited about the new HC too.

Agreed that seems pretty solid so far. For me, top tier is CJ, AF, MJD, ADP. Slight drop to Rice, Charles, McCoy, but they are much closer to those 4 than the next group.

MOP, I thought the same as you about McFadden, but when I looked at the game-to-game numbers, he had 2 huge games, the stinker against PIT, and pretty much every other game he played he was in the 13-25 range. Assuming he continues to see a lot of screens, he has more stability than you'd think in this format and large upside. My issue with him is more that he seems to get dinged easily and misses some time here and there, but there's minor issues with most in this tier.

Very happy with Mendenhall at 1.10.

Hoping that the screens & swing passes we've seen in the playoffs continue into next year.

:rant: Please don't mention by name players who haven't been picked.

Very happy with Mendenhall at 1.10. Hoping that the screens & swing passes we've seen in the playoffs continue into next year.
solid pick...should be in his prime and the offense will flow better next year too with Rapesliberger not missing the first four games.

:goodposting:

Waiting on the sidelines telling myself this year's 1st round is more even than previous years, or at least that's my perception right now.

Very happy with Mendenhall at 1.10. Hoping that the screens & swing passes we've seen in the playoffs continue into next year.
solid pick...should be in his prime and the offense will flow better next year too with Rapesliberger not missing the first four games.
Wanted Mendy at 1.10. Settled for Andre Johnson I lik him better then the rbs left on the board
Andre is a solid pick, nothing to be ashamed of taking him. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy to nab Roddy White at 1.14 as I see a bellcow RB that appears to be weakening and he is undoubtedly the number one target for Matt Ryan. It might even help him to get another WR in there to loosen things up a bit.

Couple of interesting recent picks in Vick and Witten. I was curious to see a) whether Vick would be QB1 and 2) if so, where he'd fall.

Also a little jarring to see Witten as a first rounder after a couple of years where he wasn't viewed as a superstud TE, but he certainly was very productive last year, and with 2 pt ppr for TE, you can't argue too much.

Couple of interesting recent picks in Vick and Witten. I was curious to see a) whether Vick would be QB1 and 2) if so, where he'd fall. Also a little jarring to see Witten as a first rounder after a couple of years where he wasn't viewed as a superstud TE, but he certainly was very productive last year, and with 2 pt ppr for TE, you can't argue too much.
Surprised to see Vick fall so far after all the slobbering in the Shark Pool about how he's a 1.1 pick.

Couple of interesting recent picks in Vick and Witten. I was curious to see a) whether Vick would be QB1 and 2) if so, where he'd fall. Also a little jarring to see Witten as a first rounder after a couple of years where he wasn't viewed as a superstud TE, but he certainly was very productive last year, and with 2 pt ppr for TE, you can't argue too much.
Surprised to see Vick fall so far after all the slobbering in the Shark Pool about how he's a 1.1 pick.
If he plays 16 (18?) games, I can see an argument for him as a top 5 guy, maybe even 1.1. I wouldn't do it, but I couldn't fault somebody who did.I just have an incredibly difficult time seeing him play 16 or 18 games, and that's as someone who loathes projecting injuries.

Happy to nab Roddy White at 1.14 as I see a bellcow RB that appears to be weakening and he is undoubtedly the number one target for Matt Ryan. It might even help him to get another WR in there to loosen things up a bit.
I had Roddy White typed out for my pick but then decided to gamble on Vick.

I had Roddy White typed out for my pick but then decided to gamble on Vick.
Interesting choice of words. There is no doubt that Vick was far and away the top performing QB this year when he played and I am glad you made that choice as I got Roddy White. VIck is capable of giving your team an advantage every week that he plays. Its just that him playing each week is not a certainty due to his style of play. Great pcik in my opinion though it carries some risk.

A few WRs that I like were available at 2.3, but in this group of drafters, I hesitate to not spread out my team foundation. I like Hillis and have watched him a while as a Razorback fan. He is really solid. I do think that I was guilty of reaching for him this early in the second, but he was my top RB left on the board. He is a much better receiving option than most give him credit for.

Other's thoughts?

A few WRs that I like were available at 2.3, but in this group of drafters, I hesitate to not spread out my team foundation. I like Hillis and have watched him a while as a Razorback fan. He is really solid. I do think that I was guilty of reaching for him this early in the second, but he was my top RB left on the board. He is a much better receiving option than most give him credit for.Other's thoughts?
:muzzle:Seriously someone would have grabbed him but not me. He has fumble problems, a new coaching staff, what RB that looks like Hillis has ever been asuccessful in any type of WCO? In dynasty I would sell high, in redrafts he has the makings of a 2011 bust. Now the Pimps loves Hillis and I have had to say many times I was wrong for his production level in 2010, but right now I am non believer in his long term success. As the team gets better and has something resembling a receiving corp and frontline TEs the need to throw the ball all the time to Hillis will cease. I can see him racking up 1,000 yds and 10 TDs so he's not a complete bust or anything but I don't see him being a top3 type back again. And obviously the other 15 owners that passed on him first and sometimes twice felt similar. I know what he did this year RZ, you don't have to post his numbers up. You needed a RB and you started there. This is best ball, he won't be your only back and you rock in these things so I'm sure as part of a 4-5 man rotation you will create he'll fit in just fine. I don't love the pick right now but perhaps by the time we get inot the double digit rounds and he is part of a group of guys I might like him a little more.

A few WRs that I like were available at 2.3, but in this group of drafters, I hesitate to not spread out my team foundation. I like Hillis and have watched him a while as a Razorback fan. He is really solid. I do think that I was guilty of reaching for him this early in the second, but he was my top RB left on the board. He is a much better receiving option than most give him credit for.Other's thoughts?
:muzzle:Seriously someone would have grabbed him but not me. He has fumble problems, a new coaching staff, what RB that looks like Hillis has ever been asuccessful in any type of WCO? In dynasty I would sell high, in redrafts he has the makings of a 2011 bust. Now the Pimps loves Hillis and I have had to say many times I was wrong for his production level in 2010, but right now I am non believer in his long term success. As the team gets better and has something resembling a receiving corp and frontline TEs the need to throw the ball all the time to Hillis will cease. I can see him racking up 1,000 yds and 10 TDs so he's not a complete bust or anything but I don't see him being a top3 type back again. And obviously the other 15 owners that passed on him first and sometimes twice felt similar. I know what he did this year RZ, you don't have to post his numbers up. You needed a RB and you started there. This is best ball, he won't be your only back and you rock in these things so I'm sure as part of a 4-5 man rotation you will create he'll fit in just fine. I don't love the pick right now but perhaps by the time we get inot the double digit rounds and he is part of a group of guys I might like him a little more.
I dont like him and I dont htink he will duplicate his success, is probably because he's white. If his name was Jamal he would be a top5 pick. Cleveland has nothing else besides him, he will get his touches.

I dont like him and I dont htink he will duplicate his success, is probably because he's white. If his name was Jamal he would be a top5 pick. Cleveland has nothing else besides him, he will get his touches.
Are you accusing me of racism? I don't see color, it's all the human race.

Are you accusing me of racism? I don't see color, it's all the human race.
No I was accusing myself of it. But really whats the different between Afoster & PHillis. Both pretty much ranked 1 & 2 at RB for this season, never did it before and both have a chance to be workhorse backs next year. Cleveland has a great Oline and new coachKubiak staying helps Foster.

1.10 - R. Mendenhall, RB - Steelers

2.07 - M. Forte, RB - Bears

Well I have a good base for my RB squad, but I'll be playing catch up at the other positions for a while.

I like the 2.11 pick of Turner. Excellent RB2 because much of the time he is an RB1. Outstanding.
His value suffers because of the lack of pass catching, he makes up with that some with TDs but TDs are not as consistent as receptions year to year.I took Sjax because of that
If Turner is healthy he is good for 1,200-1,400 yds+ rushing and 10-15+ TDs, very consistent and he plays in a consistent offense with Roddy White and some other guy at QB. I like the pick, probably the most of any in the 2nd round right now. Excellent.

Suprised Wallace went this early. Not that I think its a bad pick, I just expected people to go with older, "safer" picks first.

Was hoping he would slide back to me in the 3rd.

Suprised Wallace went this early. Not that I think its a bad pick, I just expected people to go with older, "safer" picks first.Was hoping he would slide back to me in the 3rd.
I like Wallace alot but whats the deal with the disppearance in the playoffs so far? IMO he need to develop into a better all around WR, seems to be a deep threat one trick style guy.

Suprised Wallace went this early. Not that I think its a bad pick, I just expected people to go with older, "safer" picks first.Was hoping he would slide back to me in the 3rd.
I'm trying to wait a couple rounds before I pass judgement on anyone and Fro is pretty darn good at this but yeah, Wallace seems like a slight reach...however you get who you want when you can with this many teams and types of owners. Guys probably aren't gonna slide much.

He ranked 5th is std scoring this year and will just be hitting year 3 next year. I could see taking him before White or CJ.

He ranked 5th is std scoring this year and will just be hitting year 3 next year. I could see taking him before White or CJ.
Yes, but this league is ppr and according to my data, he finished 14th in points per game and had only 6.1 targets per game. One of the reasons that he ranked that high was the astonishing 20.9 yards per catch.

Yes, but this league is ppr and according to my data, he finished 14th in points per game and had only 6.1 targets per game. One of the reasons that he ranked that high was the astonishing 20.9 yards per catch.
On the flip side, in this format you like guys that have big games...does no good to have 5 WRs that score 8 points every week.(to use an extreme example)

Users who are viewing this thread