What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL #3 Discussion Area (1 Viewer)

Redzone

QB: Tony Romo , Kyle Orton

RB: Benjarvus Green Ellis , Ryan Torrain, Chris Ivory, Jason Snelling

WR: Hakeem Nicks , Vincent Jackson , Davone Bess

TE: Mercedes Lewis

K,D: Jets Defense

Romo is a top notch QB for a 16 team league. Who knows with Orton. As a back up in DEN, he'd be pretty useless. As a starter on a pass happy team, he'd be great. Given that you already have Romo, it might not make much difference.

As far as the RBs go, I can't say that I'm a huge fan of this group. NE, WAS, and NO could all very well draft RB help, sign a FA, and/or use a RBBC. Ivory is dinged up. If you get one Top 20 RB out of this group, I would consider yourself lucky. You could end up with 3 starters . . . or none.

Nicks is a top WR, but Jackson could end up in a much worse situation (run first team with a bad QB in a bad climate). Too much risk IMO for a second round pick as the #6 WR off the board when his career best season he was WR13 in PPR leagues. Bess should be fine as a possession receiver and probably a fantasy WR2 in this league.

Lewis had a solid year, but much better than his other seasons. I think he will be hard pressed to hit double digits in TD again, so taking him at TE6 was earlier than I would have taken him.

I'll have to see how the rest of the teams shape up to get a better feel for where I would slot it vs. the competition.

The Critic

QB: Tom Brady , Donovan McNabb

RB: Ahmad Bradshaw , DeAngelo Williams , Montario Hardesty

WR: Andre Johnson , Michael Crabtree , Braylon Edwards , Hines Ward

TE: Brandon Pettigrew , Visanthe Shiancoe

K,D: Steelers Defense

I'm pretty much happy about it to this point, although things always change.

Solid at QB, Brady is a good producer and has been a top notch QB for years, the only knock on this guy is his hair. McNabb, meh, He obviously slid with the bad past year he had. He was on a bad team, but in an offense that wants to actually use his skill set, he is not a bad number 2 to Brady in the slightest.

I only have 2 runners, but I had a plan, and I have my eye set on some players most would not like. I can argue DeAngelo is a first round talent, and most surely on another team that can use him a lot better then Carolina did. Bradshow is very talented and has produced, in a PPR he performed better the SJax, to look at it in that way. I think he returns to NY and believe he is the starter and Jacobs or the new incomer will have little effect on him. Hardesty is a guy we cant really get a take on, he has tons of upside as only Peyton Hillis stands in his way of carries, hillis is good, but he had no one good to relieve him.

WR, honestly I love my set. Andre, can not be argued as not the top WR in any format IMHO, and was third in the NFL for average yards per game, gotta love that at the 10th overall pick.. Crabby is coming into his 3rd year, and I believe the QB is not even on the team so that helps a ton as well. Braylon did not have a bad year, but I believe NYJ bring Santonio back not Braylon, so maybe he can end up on a team with a good QB, if not he will have another WR3 year. Hines as the 54th WR gone is a gift in my opinion, and a #4 WR, so i believe only if he retires thats a bad pick, but was well worth the gamble, as it looks like he still has the itch.

Pettigrew was 3rd in the league in receptions for TE, and was a mad producer with Safford in their. If Stafford stays healthy, :goodposting: , I would bet a good bit Pettigrew is the sleeper TE to have. As far as Shiancoe, 26th TE taken? Seriously? I'll take that even if I had 2 TEs already.

Defense, the best consistant defense in the league, I took them a little early, but I wanted them, and they are damn good.

As far as kicker, who cares, its the biggest crap shoot ever.

Break me down, and tear me up if you like...

Last edited by a moderator:
Football Critic said:
Smack talk isn't really part of this process.Watch some Doctor Phil or something and learn how to interact with others jr.

Football Critic said:
Smack talk isn't really part of this process.Watch some Doctor Phil or something and learn how to interact with others jr.
Seriously? Fantasy football is not about smack? This is a free league with bragging rights only, right? So yes sir, it is about smack talk, tasteful smack, which I've been giving to you, and you have no response, cuz you drafted a horrible team, lol.Enjoy a little smack, lighten up, it can be fun.

Crap, sorry guys. We had to take Simon my 5 year old to the doctor for an ear infection, and didn't get to check in this morning. My apologies.13.08 Jacob Tamme, TE INDpm'ing.
TL, hopefully everything is ok with your son.Interesting pick, as was thinking about him for the last 2 rounds. What are your expectations of Tamme?

Domination said:
Crap, sorry guys. We had to take Simon my 5 year old to the doctor for an ear infection, and didn't get to check in this morning. My apologies.13.08 Jacob Tamme, TE INDpm'ing.
TL, hopefully everything is ok with your son.Interesting pick, as was thinking about him for the last 2 rounds. What are your expectations of Tamme?
Thx man. He has multiple infections but a few days of antibiotics should clear it up. As for Tamme, Your guess is as good as mine. Why not take a flier on him? I think he's earned a spot in the offense. He's obviously talented , the only question is how many snaps will he see. Dallas ain't getting any younger either.

Domination said:
Tamme and Toby were on my list. The appeal was not their likely small production, their upside potential to turn around the weaknesses of my team due to an injury.

Finally back. Super Bowl experience is highly recommended :rant:

Thanks to Domination for keeping my picks going.

Finally back. Super Bowl experience is highly recommended :shrug:Thanks to Domination for keeping my picks going.
Can I recommend waiting for one in Miami over the ice bowl you just went to? That New Jersey game in 2 years looks like a winter nightmare waiting to happen.

Finally back. Super Bowl experience is highly recommended :shrug:Thanks to Domination for keeping my picks going.
Can I recommend waiting for one in Miami over the ice bowl you just went to? That New Jersey game in 2 years looks like a winter nightmare waiting to happen.
:boxing: Definitely. Literally risking severe personal injury and/or death just to get into town wasn't great. But the events were way beyond expectations.

Oh the NFL throws top notch parties. One time I was munching chicken wings with Jamal Anderson in the VVIP section of the kickoff concert. The spread was REDICULOUS. Yes.... that's 2 Vs

@Pictus - Had Driver typed in but I saw the article he may retire and backed off. Could be great value there if he plays.

I'll try to update the teams tonight or tomorrow. Been busy at work and I destroyed the garage last night.

15.06. Dexter McCluster, KC, WRpming nextLots of talent, I think the Cheifs will find ways to get the ball in his hands.
I had him in a league or two and he either got hurt or just didn't get touches. I know they will try and get Charles the ball, I know they will try and get Bowe the ball, I'm going to pass on him this year until his production equals his hype. Sometimes you can chase a player for several years hoping he turns into the next big thing and this guy may be that kind of guy. Hopefully not for you though.
I am actually not a big McCluster fan. I just think that teams have a hard time trying to gameplan a guy like him into their system. While I don't think he will ever be anything special, I do think that at this point in the draft he does hold enough upside and ability to score for me on a few weeks, to be worth the risk.

Kruppe - Pick 16

QB: Matt Cassel, Carson Palmer, Vince Young

RB: Frank Gore, Darren McFadden, Mike Tolbert, Willis McGahee

WR: Brandon Lloyd, James Jones, Lee Evans, Plaxico Burress, Donnie Avery, Michael Jenkins, Patrick Crayton

TE: Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham

K: Dan Carpenter, Phil Dawson

D: Minnesota, Seattle

I'm not seeing any weaknesses. I think the rest of you guys are fighting for 2nd. :thumbdown:

Kruppe - Pick 16QB: Matt Cassel, Carson Palmer, Vince YoungRB: Frank Gore, Darren McFadden, Mike Tolbert, Willis McGaheeWR: Brandon Lloyd, James Jones, Lee Evans, Plaxico Burress, Donnie Avery, Michael Jenkins, Patrick CraytonTE: Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham K: Dan Carpenter, Phil DawsonD: Minnesota, SeattleI'm not seeing any weaknesses. I think the rest of you guys are fighting for 2nd. :thumbup:
:thumbup: I'm looking for the rollercoaster icon as I think you'll have some up and down weeks. QB is interesting, we'll see where Vince lands. RB is solid, I think Tolbert earned some touches next season and Willis should land in a spot to vulture. WR is sporadic, but that can work in best ball. I think you were early on Plax. TE is solid. I do like the team -thanks for jumping in and drafting.

Kruppe - Pick 16QB: Matt Cassel, Carson Palmer, Vince YoungRB: Frank Gore, Darren McFadden, Mike Tolbert, Willis McGaheeWR: Brandon Lloyd, James Jones, Lee Evans, Plaxico Burress, Donnie Avery, Michael Jenkins, Patrick CraytonTE: Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham K: Dan Carpenter, Phil DawsonD: Minnesota, SeattleI'm not seeing any weaknesses. I think the rest of you guys are fighting for 2nd. :wolf:
:thumbup: I'm looking for the rollercoaster icon as I think you'll have some up and down weeks. QB is interesting, we'll see where Vince lands. RB is solid, I think Tolbert earned some touches next season and Willis should land in a spot to vulture. WR is sporadic, but that can work in best ball. I think you were early on Plax. TE is solid. I do like the team -thanks for jumping in and drafting.
It is as much a contender as many others. Thank you for jumping in at last minute and helping move this along. Brief comments:QB: an injury to Cassel, especially early in the season, and you could be sunk, unless Nathan Fillian comes into the role (get it - Cassel, like the tv series Castle starring Nathan Fillian). Young is flaky and Palmer seems to have become David Carr-ish minus the excuse of being pummeled for the first part of his career. Even healthy, Cassel hasn't been super wonderful, and he depends upon Bowe keeping his head in the game.RB: Love this group, especially Tolbert, who I was targeting and McGahee who I respect but knew I had other holes to fill while considering him. Nice job here.WR: Lloyd was a phenom last year, but after years of bleh, who is the real Brandon Lloyd? Who is John Galt? (Ayn Rand reference). If Tebow is the QB, and a run first offense is brought in by Fox, it could be bad for Lloyd. James Jones, have to see where he ends up, I thought he was a restricted free agent this year, and many teams are looking for a talented receiver. If he ends up in Cincy, Seattle, or someplace else, or Driver doesn't retire, it hurts him. I had Avery and Crayton both targeted, so obviously I saw same potential there. I like you later picks than earlier.TE: Could be cream of the crop, definitely so in terms of athleticism. Nice job here as well.K: you have two, LOL. I got burned by Carpenter and saved by Carpenter last year. Have to say I didn't enjoy the ups and down with the Miami game last year. Dawson doesn't get the respect he deserves. Both will be on roster, so good job.D: Minnesota is solid, Seattle plays in a crappy division. Nice balance.We are all hindered by not knowing the bye weeks, so even the best team could get pummeled week 4.Nice drafting overall. Glad to be competing/enjoying the WSL3 with you.Who is your avatar?

Kruppe - Pick 16QB: Matt Cassel, Carson Palmer, Vince YoungRB: Frank Gore, Darren McFadden, Mike Tolbert, Willis McGaheeWR: Brandon Lloyd, James Jones, Lee Evans, Plaxico Burress, Donnie Avery, Michael Jenkins, Patrick CraytonTE: Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham K: Dan Carpenter, Phil DawsonD: Minnesota, SeattleI'm not seeing any weaknesses. I think the rest of you guys are fighting for 2nd. :thumbup:
QB: I can't say I love this group. I don't see Cassel being able to repeat last year's performance of 27 TD and only 7 INT. I would expect fewer TD and more picks. KC should still be a run centric team. Who knows what will happen to Palmer. He could stay in CIN as a starter or a backup if they refuse to trade him. He could retire (doubt it). Ho could end up as a different team. And he may not have TO or COC to throw to. I don't think Young ens up starting. I would guess this group will end up being below average for a 16 team league unless Young ends up starting.RB: Gore and McFadden have to be considered a formidable one two punch. Tolbert may be more of a secondary back if Mathews stays healthy. Can't comment on McGahee based on he needs a team, but it's unlikely he will have a major role. Having two potential Top 10 backs could be huge. RB scoring should be a fair amount above average if Gore and DMac stay healthy.WR: Lloyd has been surprisingly good in his time in DEN. Even so, how likely is he to repeat last season? Jones is a piece of the puzzle in GB and at times suffers from the dropsies. I actually like Jenkins and Crayton better than the WRs taken in the middle. Evans' role seemed to diminish last year and may only score a few times in this type of format. Burress hasn't played in two and a half years and needs a team. Avery will be a part of a bunch of reciving options and is coming back from injury. Jenkins is actually a great option for a late round pick. Crayton will have to wait and see who ends up sticking with the Bolts and how much playing time he will see.TE: Davis has emerged as a Top 5 TE over the past couple of seasons and should be one again. But with a new regime and perhaps a new QB there are a lot of moving parts to consider. Graham at some point should become a stud. It could happen sooner rather than later. But with Shockey around for one more season that might limited his opportunities. Overall should still be above average in TE scoring.K & DEF: Nothing really exciting to like about two bottom half defenses from last year. Carpenter was decent last year. Dawson plays for one of the lower scoring teams, Both should have jobs, which is normally half the battle. I'll guess average scoring for this group.I haven't sat down and looked at all the rosters, but at first blush I look at this team most likely as being close to average or middle of the pack. RB and TE are strengths, but the other spots to me seem a little on the weaker side. As we all know, all you really have to do to advance is not be the lowest scorer each week. It would not surprise me if this team got booted the SF bye week, especially if others share that bye on this team.Not a horrible team drafting from the 16 slot, but it will need to catch some additional WR scoring that I don't initially see to be one of the higher scoring teams IMO.

Redzone

QB: Tony Romo , Kyle Orton, Matt Flynn

RB: Benjarvus Green Ellis , Ryan Torrain, Chris Ivory, Jason Snelling, Roy Helu

WR: Hakeem Nicks , Vincent Jackson , Davone Bess, Chaz Schillens, Josh Cribbs, Ben Obomanu

TE: Mercedes Lewis, Michael Hoomanawanui

D: Jets Defense; Jaguars Defense

K: Josh Brown, Connor Barth

It is a pretty solid team.

QB: Romo, guaranteed starter of a high power offense. Orton, if he stays in Denver will be on the sideline or constantly facing fan pressure for the Tebow era. If he is traded, it will be to be a starter, hopefully to Arizona. Matt Flynn backs up in GB and would only see action due to injury, but there are a lot of rumors of a trade. This is his fourth year in the NFL and he is still in his shrink wrap. Could be a back up to starter story. If nothing else, good depth.

RB: Yudkin I think said it well, could be three starters or none. BJGE will have a role regardless, Torrain if healthy will be the bell cow, Ivory will benefit from Pierre Thomas leaving if that happens. Dinged at the end of season, but six months to heal should correct that. Snelling has carried the burden when Turner was out or limited, and he is a 3rd down back. Helu will be a situational player, but a lot of teams that need a KR/flashback. Cincy could be a good landing spot for him. Even St Louis or Indy.

WR: All these guys see the field. Nicks is very very good and his qb-wr relationship is established. VJax will likely stay in SD which is really the best scenario for him. Bess emerged and could be Welker like. Schillens, when healthy is a ppr value. Cribbs, well he has a fathead. Obomanu could get a TD and a few on weeks to cover byes. Depth and diversity. Happy here.

TE: I almost grabbed a third due to schedule uncertainty. Not much beyond the second tier and Lewis is a nice anchor. This pair won't win weeks, but should be consistent in 6 to 16 point range. Nervous about byes here.

D: Always a crap shoot. At least I have two, but again, wrong schedule and could have both on byes same week.

K: Will be on roster. Happy with both having the long kick on teams with developing QBs and momentum.

Assuming that byes are not a factor, this is a B to B+ team. If Orton is a starter, that will help. RB is the weak link, but with depth should stay in the running.

Kruppe - Pick 16QB: Matt Cassel, Carson Palmer, Vince YoungRB: Frank Gore, Darren McFadden, Mike Tolbert, Willis McGaheeWR: Brandon Lloyd, James Jones, Lee Evans, Plaxico Burress, Donnie Avery, Michael Jenkins, Patrick CraytonTE: Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham K: Dan Carpenter, Phil DawsonD: Minnesota, SeattleI'm not seeing any weaknesses. I think the rest of you guys are fighting for 2nd. :shrug:
The QBs are decent enough between Cassel and Palmer assuming Palmer doesn't have a meltdown with the Bengals' brass. If Young had his head on straight I'd like him better. Wherever he lands they will have to trim down to a 10 play wristband for him if they expect him to start.Love Gore, but hip injuries bug me with RBs. Tolbert and McGahee should see enough touches to periodically contribute. Obviously Gore/McFadden make this your strength.WR I think you're way behind the curve. There is almost no chance Lloyd repeats his numbers with Tebow at QB. J Jones will likely not be in GB and if he lands with a subpar QB he could be a disaster. Evans is great in best ball, but hardly a consistent contributer. You'll need Avery to have a season like Lloyd's last year for this group to compete. Or hope for a Burress miracle.Rockin' TEs. Graham looks like a beast.My estimation: bottom half

Appreciate the feedback and I agree for the most part - not bad but not great.

QB: I think my QB group will be at least average, mostly because I think Vince will get to start somewhere. There's too many crappy QBs starting for him to not get a chance.

RB & TE: I'll need the good production I expect out of my RBs and TEs for my team to last.

WR: I with you on the last 2 WRs potential (esp. Crayton) and am not very happy with the Plax/Avery picks but 5/7 guys should be top 2 on their team and Lloyd has the potential to post some gaudy numbers albeit with some big ???s - 1st fantasy WR last year wouldn't have slipped so far otherwise. I actually like the Evans pick because I think theres a decent chance he goes somewhere (Wash?) and does better. Burress was a reach, but sometimes you reach for a guy you want when you know theres 30 picks b4 you get another chance.

D & K: K and Def are hard to draft out of the 16 slot without reaching - at least for me it seems that way - so I ended up taking my guys after all the good ones were gone. If I had taken these before Plax I'd probably be much better off and would still have gotten him. Still having 2 of each should be adequate.

Here's hoping the SF bye doesn't kill me. Maybe I'll get lucky and post top score the week prior.

Redzone QB: Tony Romo , Kyle Orton, Matt FlynnRB: Benjarvus Green Ellis , Ryan Torrain, Chris Ivory, Jason Snelling, Roy HeluWR: Hakeem Nicks , Vincent Jackson , Davone Bess, Chaz Schillens, Josh Cribbs, Ben ObomanuTE: Mercedes Lewis, Michael HoomanawanuiD: Jets Defense; Jaguars DefenseK: Josh Brown, Connor Barth
This team boils down to Romo, Nicks, V Jackson. Bess and M Lewis should also be solid contributors.If your RB cookie crumbles in your favor you could dominate. If it doesn't, you could be looking at 5 point weeks combined at the position and a fairly quick exit.Really hard to place an estimate on your team this far out.

Kruppe - Pick 16QB: Matt Cassel, Carson Palmer, Vince YoungRB: Frank Gore, Darren McFadden, Mike Tolbert, Willis McGaheeWR: Brandon Lloyd, James Jones, Lee Evans, Plaxico Burress, Donnie Avery, Michael Jenkins, Patrick CraytonTE: Vernon Davis, Jimmy Graham K: Dan Carpenter, Phil DawsonD: Minnesota, SeattleI'm not seeing any weaknesses. I think the rest of you guys are fighting for 2nd. :goodposting:
QB I like the fact you snagged a third after those first two. Without a proven elite guy, this is a must. Good call. RB - I'm cautious about Gore this year. The guy is a warrior so he'll probably be fine, but anytime a hip is fractured, (even though they say he's completely healed) it scares me a bit. McFadden is a wow factor #2 for you, ensuring your solid production at RB. I predict Tolbert will still produce next season. Very, very good group.WR - I'm just not a fan of this group. Lloyd was great, and will likely be good, but I dont' predict another top 10 year for this guy. Top 20 is a reach for me honestly. His YPC has to come down and the TD totals can never be counted on. I like Jones, but I think Jordy is the guy to own after Jennings. Evans is a huge question mark, as is everyone else on the roster, so even if you get production from Lloyd, the rest is up in the air and you have to start 3 every week. This is the definite question mark on your team. TEs - Love this group. Too bad you can't start them both. No flex here, but you should ensure yourself a good score most weeks and I'd guess confidently, your TEs will be top 5. K and D, you got them covered. I don't like a team that is weak at both QB and WR. In this format, RB position seems to be the one position you can go slim on and win but still a nice effort.

Redzone QB: Tony Romo , Kyle Orton, Matt FlynnRB: Benjarvus Green Ellis , Ryan Torrain, Chris Ivory, Jason Snelling, Roy HeluWR: Hakeem Nicks , Vincent Jackson , Davone Bess, Chaz Schillens, Josh Cribbs, Ben ObomanuTE: Mercedes Lewis, Michael HoomanawanuiD: Jets Defense; Jaguars DefenseK: Josh Brown, Connor Barth
QB - Solid, I don't think you needed the Flynn pick with Romo holding down the fort, unless you're really worried that Orton isn't a starter somewhere next year. RB - Love the Torain pick. BJGE is a huge question mark for me considering the Patriots want to improve the position thru free agency and they have Woodhead. Seems crowded and unpredictable. Somewhat excited about the Ivory pick as he may be a major contributor to your group. WR - This is how its done. Top notch receiving corps here. Me likey! You should have a good 3 starters week in week out. Love Chaz! TE - Can't fault his production. Mercedes Lewis is elite... okay, it doesn't roll off the tongue like it should, he's solid, but I would have tried to do more to back up the position. K & D - You're holding it down at both positions. Strength of the team is at WR with an elite QB. I like it. I'd prefer a stronger TE/RB combination, but I could see it working out.

Redzone QB: Tony Romo , Kyle Orton, Matt FlynnRB: Benjarvus Green Ellis , Ryan Torrain, Chris Ivory, Jason Snelling, Roy HeluWR: Hakeem Nicks , Vincent Jackson , Davone Bess, Chaz Schillens, Josh Cribbs, Ben ObomanuTE: Mercedes Lewis, Michael HoomanawanuiD: Jets Defense; Jaguars DefenseK: Josh Brown, Connor BarthIt is a pretty solid team. QB: Romo, guaranteed starter of a high power offense. Orton, if he stays in Denver will be on the sideline or constantly facing fan pressure for the Tebow era. If he is traded, it will be to be a starter, hopefully to Arizona. Matt Flynn backs up in GB and would only see action due to injury, but there are a lot of rumors of a trade. This is his fourth year in the NFL and he is still in his shrink wrap. Could be a back up to starter story. If nothing else, good depth.RB: Yudkin I think said it well, could be three starters or none. BJGE will have a role regardless, Torrain if healthy will be the bell cow, Ivory will benefit from Pierre Thomas leaving if that happens. Dinged at the end of season, but six months to heal should correct that. Snelling has carried the burden when Turner was out or limited, and he is a 3rd down back. Helu will be a situational player, but a lot of teams that need a KR/flashback. Cincy could be a good landing spot for him. Even St Louis or Indy.WR: All these guys see the field. Nicks is very very good and his qb-wr relationship is established. VJax will likely stay in SD which is really the best scenario for him. Bess emerged and could be Welker like. Schillens, when healthy is a ppr value. Cribbs, well he has a fathead. Obomanu could get a TD and a few on weeks to cover byes. Depth and diversity. Happy here.TE: I almost grabbed a third due to schedule uncertainty. Not much beyond the second tier and Lewis is a nice anchor. This pair won't win weeks, but should be consistent in 6 to 16 point range. Nervous about byes here.D: Always a crap shoot. At least I have two, but again, wrong schedule and could have both on byes same week.K: Will be on roster. Happy with both having the long kick on teams with developing QBs and momentum.Assuming that byes are not a factor, this is a B to B+ team. If Orton is a starter, that will help. RB is the weak link, but with depth should stay in the running.
Not a chance this is a B to B+ team.QB: Romo is probably a B in the QB1 rankings. Who knows about Orton and Flynn is most likely a donut. Grade B-RB: BJGE wasn't a RB1 in this league last year. Torrian isn't a RB1 and a gamble. Ivory injury is a gamble, they certainly aren't bring him back off of this injury solo. I like the Snalling pick but he's a weak RB2 at best. Roy who? Grade F...I'm assuming somebody in this league draft worse RBs so you avoid the F-WR: You got two studs here that should post scores most every week. Bess is an excellent WR3 for assuring weekly points. Chaz has the talent to be a great fill in and post an occasional big week. I'm off the Cribbs train. Obo, OK. Can't imagine many teams having the horses on the top end to outsocre you, grade A.TE: Lewis I see as a B- TE1 and Hoo is a weak TE2. Grade C.K: You got two, B-D: Two, one good, BBasically a slightly above average team. All of this averages out to a C+ with a slight bump to the B- range from the K/D.

Feeling the love BnB. :rolleyes:

LOL

Here is how I see grading -

A+ the best team that dominated if it exists in a draft

A the top three teams as that is who makes the playoffs

A- a team that could be top three but has one flaw (bye weeks) or weak position

B+ a team that will likely not be a low scorer in the week to week but no overall domination

B a team that won't be a low scorer week to week, but has a weak position or two that does not allow for an injury in dominant positions

C a team that has average players in all positions but no shining star to prevent week low scores, or bad bye week coverage

D a team that has two or more weak positions and no stars

F a team that has multiple bye week issues, no tier one players, or is highly rated by either LHUCKS or MoP

Orton is likely to play somewhere, and even if he stays in Denver, what if Tebow bombs a game or two? Flynn is thick in trade rumors and now Rodgers (is that spelled correctly?) has had a concussion, he will be treated more gingerly. He will likely get an opportunity to compete at some point in the season. Miles Austin, Dez, Witten and good receiving backs - how does that make for a B grade QB?

RBs, you want to give an F, sure, if you think it is warranted. I guess we won't know for several months.

WR thank you for your kind words

TE is tough and vital with this league. Needed better but really there aren't week to week sure things here. Should have grabbed a third for possible bye week coverage but that would have been a rookie and TE is a tough rookie position.

Good to see other's opinion. Always refreshing and inspiring to learn from our betters.

For all teams reviewed as good or bad, all our opinions matter not. It's only what happens on the field that counts. Or at this point, at the negotiating table, and hopefully then on the field.

QB - P Rivers, C Whitehurst

RB - F Jones, R Grant, B Jacobs, Ry Williams

WR - R White, P Harvin, M Thomas, J Ford, E Royal, B Lafell, D Butler

TE - J Finley, J Tamme

PK - R Gould, J Reed

DST - Bears, Skins, Browns

The hard truth:

Taking Roddy over AJ is unpopular. I realize this and am okay with it. I stand by my pick as I wanted Mike Thomas and wanted to minimalize the impact of potential bye weeks happening to 2 of my top 3 wide outs.

Grabbing an elite QB was a must for me. Rivers fits that bill.

Finley should tear up this contest. He had the surgery to fully repair the meniscus, so he did the right thing and should be back and better than ever. He was on pace for an 84 catch 1200 yard season pre-injury.

RB situation is a complete and utter crapshoot, although Felix was #23 last year and should only get better. 185 carries and 48 receptions. Let's see if his magical "Dwill-type" year is this year. The coaching staff sounds comitted. Grant should not have fell as far as he did. I feel very fortunate to snag him as an RB2 in a 16 teamer. Jacobs is an underrated TD scoring machine. Ryan Williams is my one flier back I'll take a chance on.

Backup QB situation is a crapper at best.

WRs - I like them, and I'm probably higher on Thomas and Ford than most. Ford is my "must-get" dynasty guy, love his explosion and play making ability.

DST & Kicker - I'll invest in another defense. An extra d can add pivotal points each week.

QB - P Rivers, C Whitehurst

Rivers is obvious an immense talent. Whitehurst . . . not so much (at least as of now). If Whitehurst doesn't start, a bye or an off week from Rivers could be an issue. If Rivers gets dinged . . . Overall, Rivers alone should make the QB spot a strength, but there could easily be no depth here.

RB - F Jones, R Grant, B Jacobs, Ry Williams

Jones has shown promise, but he hasn't exactly cashed in as of yet. Choice and Barber could again be involved and limit Jones' value. While I personally think Grant will come back and be a big contributor in GB, I have seen some mocks with the Pack taking a RB with the last pick in the first. Jacobs seems to be being phased out. There could easily be no true 16-team fantasy RB1 in this group. Jacobs has ranked as the #40 or so RB the past two seasons but may be getting phased out. He should still be decent as a RB3.

WR - R White, P Harvin, M Thomas, J Ford, E Royal, B Lafell, D Butler

AJ or White, makes no difference to me. Harvin is a Top 20-25 receiver, but we really have no idea who the QB in MIN will be. Thomas is probably around around the #40 WR, so IMO he's average as a WR3. I'm not sure what to make of Ford. OAK has so many receiving options that he could be good or see limited action. Since he should have 2-3 big games, those will help. But there should be a lot of other games where he does very little. Royal might be around the #60 WR. LaFell and Butler are really unproven and/or coming back from injury. I'd say slightly above average based on White and Harvin, but past that I personally am not sold on the options here.

TE - J Finley, J Tamme

Finley is a beast when he is healthy. Coming off an injury, who knows. We also don't know for sure that the Packers will be as pass happy. They had no real ground game all season with Grant out. Tamme did well SUBBING for Clark. I suspect he will be watching a lot this year (but again we don't know that to be fact).

PK - R Gould, J Reed

They're kickers. But Reed may not even have a job.

DST - Bears, Skins, Browns

I probably wouldn't have taken a 3rd defense given that the Bears are a decent one. Put another way, I don't see the Browns defense outscoring the Bears very often. Late in the draft, it's not like those picks usually make or break your team.

Overall, this is another team that I think is ok, maybe even above average if things go somewhat to plan. But still not one that really wows me. Maybe I am expecting too much from teams in a 16 team league.

Feeling the love BnB. :blackdot: LOLHere is how I see grading - A+ the best team that dominated if it exists in a draftA the top three teams as that is who makes the playoffsA- a team that could be top three but has one flaw (bye weeks) or weak positionB+ a team that will likely not be a low scorer in the week to week but no overall dominationB a team that won't be a low scorer week to week, but has a weak position or two that does not allow for an injury in dominant positionsC a team that has average players in all positions but no shining star to prevent week low scores, or bad bye week coverageD a team that has two or more weak positions and no starsF a team that has multiple bye week issues, no tier one players, or is highly rated by either LHUCKS or MoPOrton is likely to play somewhere, and even if he stays in Denver, what if Tebow bombs a game or two? Flynn is thick in trade rumors and now Rodgers (is that spelled correctly?) has had a concussion, he will be treated more gingerly. He will likely get an opportunity to compete at some point in the season. Miles Austin, Dez, Witten and good receiving backs - how does that make for a B grade QB?RBs, you want to give an F, sure, if you think it is warranted. I guess we won't know for several months.WR thank you for your kind wordsTE is tough and vital with this league. Needed better but really there aren't week to week sure things here. Should have grabbed a third for possible bye week coverage but that would have been a rookie and TE is a tough rookie position.Good to see other's opinion. Always refreshing and inspiring to learn from our betters.
A+: Clearly the creme of the crop. Studs and quality depther and quantityA: Looks to be one of the top 3 teams at a given positionA-: Strong chance to be in the top 3 teams at a given position, has minor flawsB+: Could be elite but has some flawsB: Definately not in the top of the pack at a position, would need things to break really well to be a top scorerB-: Strong at the position, definately better than half the othr teamsC+: An average unit with something minor that differentiates it from the run of the mill team.----------C: Middle of the 16 team pack at a position.C: Middle of the 16 team pack at a position.----------C-: Mostly an average unit with a flaw in depth or quantity.D+: Weak but not a total abortion and has some potential.D: Didn't totally punt the position, but will be worse than most teams in the leagueD-: Ugly unit but clearly not the worst, will need things to break right to be averageF+: Argument could be made for this team being the worst.F: Will make a run at being the worst in the league at this positionF-: 50% chance of being the worst team in the league at this position

QB- Matt Ryan, Jason Campbell

I think Ryan gives me a quality starter, & Campbell performed good enough last year to be a decent backup. Not great, but should be ok.

RB- Ray Rice, Shonn Greene, Tashard Choice, Daniel Thomas, Dion Lewis

Rice & Greene I expect pretty good production, but lots of ??? after that. I am a big fan of Choice & Lewis, and think that they offer decent upside. Will need a little luck, or this group could be weak.

WR- Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, Steve Smith (Car), Randy Moss, Dexter McCluster, Darius Heyward-Bey, Titus Young

I LOVE my WRs. I would gladly match them against anyone, & expect them to carry my team.

TE- Kellen Winslow Jr, Jared Cook

Winslow should give me consistant production, & I think Cook offers alot of upside. Probably could have gone safer @ TE2 w/ Carlson or Heap, but I like the mix of upside and consistancy.

K- Garrett Hartley, David Buehler

DEF- Patriots, Saints

2 kickers & defenses. I like the pairings, as I think they should be above average.

Overall: This is a very different team for me, as it has alot more risk than normal. But I haven't won one of these with the old method, so we will see.

I think Ryan gives me a quality starter, & Campbell performed good enough last year to be a decent backup. Not great, but should be ok.

Rice & Greene I expect pretty good production, but lots of ??? after that. I am a big fan of Choice & Lewis, and think that they offer decent upside. Will need a little luck, or this group could be weak.

WR- Larry Fitzgerald, Mike Wallace, Steve Smith (Car), Randy Moss, Dexter McCluster, Darius Heyward-Bey, Titus Young

I LOVE my WRs. I would gladly match them against anyone, & expect them to carry my team.

Winslow should give me consistant production, & I think Cook offers alot of upside. Probably could have gone safer @ TE2 w/ Carlson or Heap, but I like the mix of upside and consistancy.

DEF- Patriots, Saints

2 kickers & defenses. I like the pairings, as I think they should be above average.

Overall: This is a very different team for me, as it has alot more risk than normal. But I haven't won one of these with the old method, so we will see.
This is the type of team you can build when you wait on both your QB and your TE. Funny thing is, both your QB and TE positions are servicable. In fact, I'm a big fan of both. Great job. One of the better teams here.

DEF- Patriots, Saints

This is the type of team you can build when you wait on both your QB and your TE. Funny thing is, both your QB and TE positions are servicable. In fact, I'm a big fan of both. Great job. One of the better teams here.
I have to agree here that this is a good team. Haven't looked at the rest of them but it's pretty solid. Big fan of J Cook at TE2.

I find these types of leagues/drafts interesting for a number of reasons, most notably, when compared to "regular" leagues, you end up with players who normally sit most of the season on the waiver wire. In general, I hardly ever fall in love with players or teams, so I usually draft just about anyone and won't load up on guys like Tom Brady because I like him and take him too early because of it. I ended up taking several players I literally have never seen play in the NFL. I ended up with 4 roster slots allocated to the Buffalo Bills. Really? The Bills? Nothing against Buffalo fans, but now I have to root for them. I feel like a dentist rooting for gum disease. That's just wrong on so many levels. I am not that concerned about the Bills bye week, as only Steve Johnson has a major role for this squad.

QB

Ben Roethlisberger, Tim Tebow, Chad Henne

Over the past couple of years, Big Ben has emerged as an excellent fantasy option (as mentioned earlier). Tebow will have some big games if DEN keeps him as the starter. I personally think there would be pandemonium and chaos in the Rocky Mountains if they sit him for Orton. Given that some places were suggesting Orton might be the starter right now, I took Henne just in case. MIA will probably draft a QB, but I still think Henne will start the season as the starter and play most of the year. I liked that Tebow could be a QB2 with upside any week to score even with a solid QB1. IMO, this group should give me + scoring against most other teams.

RB

Jamaal Charles, LaGarrette Blount, Mikel Leshoure, Mike Goodson

I generally like guys that did well the year before with fewer touches and/or not playing a full season. I then convince myself that in either scenario, over a full season, those players should do better with a fulls season of touches. We shall see. Charles could be a monster with a bigger workload. Heck, he ranked in the Top 12 the past two years in a somewhat limited role. Blount did well in half a sesaon or so but was targetted about as often as a 400 lb girl at a high school dance. We can't even discuss Leshoure other than he could be talented. Goodson's stock may already have been bumped up with the news that CAR is probably not going to franchise DWill. Had he fallen, I probably would have taken Ricky Williams in the last round. I would rather have had 5 RB, but there really wasn't anyone left that blew my dress up and I would rather get someone elsewhere that would play a far amount over stashing a guy that might not ever see the field. I think Charles/Blount is a decent 1-2 punch and hopefully Leshoure and Goodson will play enough to chip in now and again and on bye weeks. Like many other teams in this league, could be good, could be not so good. But I didn't invest a ton past Charles at RB and should still get decent scoring. I'll go average overall, but if Charles explodes I could jump up to really good.

WR

Steve Johnson, Steve Smith NYG, Danny Amendola, Anthony Armstrong, Derrick Mason, Brian Robiskie, Roscoe Parrish

As I mentioned however many pages ago, this is where I think I did a decent job taking quantity over quality. I usally like to take a number of possession guys and fill up on other feast or famine guys, as I should already have enough consistent scorers. I really don't think any one of these guys is a great pick. Johnson had a breakout year last year . . . but the Bills might take a QB early and screw up the entire dynamic of the team. I would have preferred someone with a longer than one year track record as the go to receiver on this team. Smith has no contract and is recovering from what may be a serious injury. We know his upside is over 100 catches . . . when healthy on the Giants. So for now he's a mystery. Amendola, as already discussed, should see another 80-90 recptions. Armstrong fits more of that "big week or nothing" mold and should be a starter in WAS with a chance to see a much bigger role if Santana Moss departs. Mason is older than Methuleslah but still is an integral part of the Ravens passing game. This year he didn't seem to threaten to retire, so he should be good for another 60/750/5, which should be a great value as a WR5 and the #69 WR off the board. He ranked in the Top 30 last year. The Browns have to be better at throwing the ball this year if for no other reason they can't get worse. Robiskie averaged 10+ pppg over the last 6 weeks of the season once McCoy got inserted into the lineup. I'll take that from a WR6. Parrish also was having a mini breakout himself before getting hurt. He was averaging around 11 ppg for half a season of work. I'll take that from a WR7. The big concern for most of these guys is that other than Mason, they really don't have a history of consistent production.

So looking at the names, I agree, this looks like a motley crew. But looking at the numbers and not the names, I might be able to sneak out above average production based on having a lot of guys that should see a fair amount of playing time even if they are not premium names on premium teams. I mean, no one will confuse BUF, NYG (if Smith sticks around), STL, WAS, BAL, or CLE with the Rams from 10 years ago.

TE

Antonio Gates, Anthony Fasano

A healthy Gates by himself can carry a team in these types of leagues. We can debate his health, but really not his effectiveness. I was surprised that Fasano received so little love in the WSL leagues. He ranked in the Top 20 in two of the past three seasons and could see some more work with a new system in MIA. The flip side, of course, is if Gates is hurt and misses a lot of time then I could be in trouble. But everyone is an injury risk. I see the TE spot as being a big plus if Gates can go back to suiting up every week like he did for years.

PK

Josh Scobee, Rian Lindell

I will be the first to admit that I could care less about kickers. I REALLY could care less about kickers when all they get is 3 pts for a FG even if it's from 90 yards away. Given that there are always NFL teams with indicision on who their kicker is, as long as you get two guys that are secure and will keep their jobs, that's really all you need.

DEF

Dallas, Buffalo

I care about DEF/ST almost as little as kickers. Dallas is usually a decent option. Buffalo also hasn't been terrible. IMO, it's not worth taking one of the first defenses as it can hurt you in other areas and top defenses have a tough time repeating their production from year to year.

Overall, I don't see a ton of weaknesses, but I'm sure you guys will find some.

Really like both Domination and Yudkin's teams.

Domination has to be at or near the top on paper this early, but that means there's only one way to go from here lol.

Yudkin has both a solid foundation and upside guys galore.

QB: Peyton Manning, Shaun Hill, Tavaris Jackson

RB: Rashard Mendenhall, Mark Ingram, Michael Bush, Rashard Jennings, Justin Forsett I. Redman

WR: Mike Williams, TB, Dez Bryant, Mike Williams Seattle, Terell Owens, Louis Murphy

TE: Heath Miller, Jermaine Gresham

K: Nate Kaeding, Lawrence Tynes

D: Atlanta Falcons, Cincinatti Bengals

Qb- Peyton Manning is Mr. Consistent. By selecting him 2nd round, I knew I couldn't afford to pick another QB very high and considering that about 1/3 of the Qb's have question marks about if they'll even start next season, I decided to wait very late on potential backups. Shaun Hill played outstanding in relief of Stafford last season. It'll be one of two things, either Stafford will be a top 8 QB in fantasy football, as he plays 16/18 games next season and his ADP in all of these drafts is way too low or he continues to be in and out of the lineup and S. Hill who's a top 10 QB fantasy wise on a given week when he's proclaimed the starter. I live in Detroit, I hope Hill never sees the field next year but I highly doubt it and Hill will be solid. Tavaris Jackson isn't gauranteed anything at Minnesota or anywhere else but Minnesota is one of MANY teams saying they're not sure if Jackson is part of their QB plans next year. But there are only so many QB's to go around. Even if Minnesota uses the draft for a QB, how many Qb's are in the draft that will come in and start year 1? Who's Minnesota going to get via free agency that's so much more appealing than Jackson? Fantasy wise, I think Jackson could be a sleeper at this time of the year. They've got excellent recievers and a good running game, I figured where I drafted him and what he could bring to the team I liked the pick.

RB- I drafted in the 9 slot and I doubt there would be anyone in the league that would really want to trade spots. It's the kind of position where you get the 8 or 9th best RB off the board or you can take the WR1. There is no clear WR1 or I would have happily selected him so I took Mendenhall who is a solid RB who can take a bit of a punishment and will hopefully help grind some points for me. Mark Ingram- This 6th round pick could be my most important. He's a probably the No. RB 1 pick in the draft. If he plays like that, then he'll easily live up to a RB2 and rookie Rb's can come in and do some damage. I think we're ready for a high rated rookie to come in and play solid. Michael Bush- The Raiders like to run the ball and this guy has a nose for the endzone. McFadden is talented but he definately gets dinged up and Michael Bush is perfect for a survivor type format because you don't have to start him on your own. He's typically hard to predict when he'll go off but in the end, he usually has some pretty solid games throughout the year. Rashard Jennings- Showed us last year he's capable of actually leading the team if he needs to at RB. At worst, he comes in to spell MJD and is a threat to score. Even near the goaline, they've pulled MJD to spell him to give Jennings the ball, that just shows me the confidence they have in this guy and MJD didn't finish the season last year, that could be a theme for MJD as he isn't the biggest of guys, all these years could be adding up. Justin Forsett- Another RBBC guy who's hard to start on his own but in PPR, there are games where he chips in points. I thought he looked solid towards the end of the year so I'm looking for him to be in the mix of things next year and at the very least a guy who will grind out points on a weekly basis. Isaac Redman- Not going to do too much with Mendenhall out there. If Mendenhall were to get hurt, I thought Redman ran hard, will get the goaline touches and may even get a few passes in check downs. If Redman doesn't run much, that means Mendenhall is doing his job as my No. 1 pick and that's fine with me for a 20th round pick.

WR- Mike Williams TB- A great rookie season, lots of Td's. I fear that he doesn't catch enough passes to be a great PPR WR but TB is a young offense and it's hard to imagine them actually not getting better because of that. Mike Williams should take a step forward and if he does, he's a clear cut Wr1. Dez Bryant- Sort of boom or bust here. I saw every game he played and the guy is simply a stud. He's a man against boys but he runs so hard, he actually hurts himself. I really think he's better than Miles Austin and Dez Bryant if healthy an entire season has a shot to make a pro bowl, he's got that kind of talent. Mike Williams Seattle- One of the biggest surprises of the year for me really. I can't believe this guy came around last year. Still, he doesn't run great routes and certainly doesn't get a lot of seperation but he's definately a threat. He is a big guy and Seattle Qb's definately look for him in the endzone, especially Hasselbeck. Terell Owens- I drafted him last year as an unknown WR3 and this year an unkown WR4. I think he's still got a lot in the tank. He was a stud for Cincinatti while he was in there, he doesn't traditionally get injured so wherever he plays next year I expect him to make an impact and certainly contribute to this WR corps. WR- Louis Murphy- Another type guy where you have a hard time in a traditional league to make him a starter but he's capable of getting 5 recpetions for 111 yards. The Raiders in general seemed like a team that took a step forward last year, Murphy has a chance to blossom next year.

TE- Heath Miller-Veteran TE that is generally underrated. When the money is on the line, Heath Miller is one of the guys Big Ben likes to look to. Miller is also a redzone threat and an overall grinder. Germaine Gresham- A little to inconsistent to make an every week starter but during the course of a season, he's a strong TE2 and considering last year was just his rookie season, he could be a low end Te1 if he takes that step forward.

K- Nate Kaeding and Lawrene Tynes- I'm never the first guy to take a kicker but once one or two are gone, when we're drafting this far out, I am always close to the first guy to have 2 kickers. I think the bottom 1/3 of the kickers there are so many question marks that I don't mind taking 2 guys that I feel will start for their teams and they're pretty good.

Defense- Unlike Kicker, you can just claim the teams defense and you're secured the spot. So I selected the Atlanta defense who should be a low end No. 1 and the Bengals D who weren't very good last year but I got them late and they're just a year removed from winning the division themselves so they have some talent on that team, tough division though.

I never love my teams after any of these drafts and I usually do pretty well. It's easy to see the holes in my team and many of the teams I see so we'll have to see how it turns out. I think there's some potential if you're willing to see things with the glass half full view. I've either made some very visionary type picks in Shaun Hill, Mark Ingram, Tavaris Jackson and Rashard Jennings or I've made some very bad picks that will lead me to an early exit. I guess we'll find out. It's been fun drafting with you guys.

Updated 1st post with final teams. Please double check my work as my kids have been running around hopped up on Girl Scout cookies.

QB: J Cutler, D Garrard

RB: A Peterson, J Addai, T Hightower, J Kuhn, L Washington

WR: M Austin, D Jackson, Julio Jones, M Floyd, Jacoby Jones, J Cotchery, A Gonzalez

TE: T Gonzo, T Heap

K: R Bironas, J Hanson

DEF: CHARGERS, BRONCOS

Well, let's see. Not the best, but not horrible. QBs aren't splashy but two pretty solid starters. I decided early on that if I wasn't going to get one of the top QBs, then I would get two decent starters early and never look back. Now if one gets hurt then I'm screwed more than likely. But I would rather use picks on other positions than on a shaky #3 QB who may or may not even play next season. I try hard not to make too many risky picks. That's probably why I don't really win these, because I'm not a big risk taker, but high risk/high reward has never been my thing.

RBs are kinda... meh. Some will argue I should have gone with Foster, or one of the other top RBs. But Peterson seemed to have the fewest ?? surrounding him. Being the #1 overall pick it makes it hard to gauge exactly where the draft is going by the time it finally rolls back around to your pick. I could have gone RB again with my #2 or #3 picks, but things were pretty iffy at that point, so I decided to snag two top WRs instead. Addai is not a favorite of mine, but for where I got him I'm fairly happy. Hightower improved in some areas and declined in others. He continues to underwhelm. But at that point, RBs were pretty scarce and it's one of the most questionable positions in all of fantasy sports. Some teams are going with RBBC, others deal with a lot of injuries. You never know. I found it very hard to find serviceable RBs when it came back around to my turns. Kuhn was kind of a bleh pick, but he actually showed some promise near the end of the season, so I thought I'd give him a shot. Washington is a dual threat, but with Lynch's rise and Forsett there, I don't see too many carries for Leon.

WRs overall I like. Not flashy, but some decent #1, #2, and #3 WRs on teams. Julio will hopefully land on a good team that will use his talents. Jacoby looked good when he played and is making me wonder if Walters is on the way out. Besides, you can't go wrong with AJ there taking a lot of the heat off of you, not to mention a studly RB finally in Houston. Floyd should benefit with V-Jax back. Cotchery is kinda meh, too, but I got him late in the draft, and with talk of the Jets likely trying to keep Holmes and maybe not Edwards, Cotchery could sneak back into the #2 WR role. Gonzalez was my last pick, and is risky. The rise of Collie and Garcon means a lot fewer throws his way, but hey, Manning likes to spread it a lot, so why not?

TEs I like. Decent 1-2 punch if they stay healthy.

Two kickers, two defenses. I should be ok, assuming Hanson keeps the starting role or doesn't retire. Otherwise I might be in trouble there.

Just a quick ranking. Anybody could win. Here's an opinion. Everyone has one.

Domination

QB: Matt Ryan , Jason Campbell

RB: Ray Rice , Shonn Greene , Tashard Choice , Daniel Thomas , Dion Lewis

WR: Larry Fitzgerald , Mike Wallace , Steve Smith (CAR) , Randy Moss , Dexter McCluster , Darius Heyward Bey , Titus Young

TE: Kellen Winslow , Jared Cook

K,D: Patriots DST , Saints DST , Garrett Hartley , David Buehler

Sufficient - Likes RR, LF, MW, KW, K&D, dislikes SG

Team Legacy

QB: Phillip Rivers , Charlie Whitehurst

RB: Felix Jones , Ryan Grant , Brandon Jacobs , Ryan Williams

WR: Roddy White , Percy Harvin , Mike Thomas , Jacoby Ford , Eddie Royal , Brandon LaFell , Deion Butler

TE: Jermichael Finley , Jacob Tamme

K,D: Bears DST , Robbie Gould , Redskins DST , Jeff Reed , Browns DST

Like foriegn mystery meat needs to be, well done...if FJ, RG, MT, FJ are who you think they are

Iwannabeacowboybaby!

QB: Peyton Manning , Shaun Hill , Tavaris Jackson

RB: Rashard Mendenhall , Mark Ingram , Michael Bush , Rashard Jennings , Justin Forsett , Isaac Redman

WR: Mike Williams , Dez Bryant , Mike Williams (SEA) , Terrell Ownes , Louis Murphy

TE: Heath Miller , Jermaine Gresham

K,D: Falcons DST , Nate Kaeding , LaawrenceTynes , Bengals DST

Solid with some flyers, another WR would be better

Nugget

QB: Eli Manning , Mark Sanchez

RB: LeSean McCoy , CJ Spiller , Thomas Jones , Marion Barber , Chester Taylor

WR: Reggie Wayne , Brandon Marshall , Chad Ocho-Johnson , Jerome Simpson , TJ Houshmanzedah , Seyi Ajirotutu

TE: Chris Cooley , Tony Moeaki , Fred Davis

K,D: Raiders DST , 49ers DST , Neil Rackers , Matt Prater

Solid - No a big fan of McCoy, but RBBC should hold down the fort

Sinrman

QB: Jay Cutler , David Garrard

RB: Adrian Peterson , Joseph Addai , Tim Hightower , John Kuhn , Leon Washington

WR: Miles Austin , DeSean Jackson , Julio Jones , Malcolm Floyd , Jacoby Jones , Jericho Cotchery , Anthony Gonzalez

TE: Tony Gonzalez , Todd Heap

K,D: Chargers DST , Rob Bironas , Jason Hansen , Broncos DST

Solid, age/injury risks at depth & TE

Football Critic

QB: Tom Brady , Donovan McNabb

RB: Ahmad Bradshaw , DeAngelo Williams , Montario Hardesty , Bernard Scott , Anthony Dixon , Joe McKnight

WR: Andre Johnson , Michael Crabtree , Braylon Edwards , Hines Ward , Nate Washington , Devery Henderson

TE: Brandon Pettigrew , Vishanthe Shiancoe

K,D: Steelers DST , Bucanneers DST , Jay Feely , John Kasay

Solid - Wouldn't call your TEs tight

Broadway G

QB: Matthew Stafford , Kevin Kolb , Joe Webb

RB: Chris Johnson , Knowshon Moreno , Reggie Bush , Cadillac Williams , Javon Ringer

WR: Santonio Holmes , Kenny Britt , Jordan Shipley , Robert Meachem , Steve Breaston , Josh Morgan

TE: Dallas Clark , Joel Dreesen

K,D: Matt Bryant , Adam Vinateri , Lions DST , Rams DST

You're a Semi-solid. QB risk.

Restless Natives

QB: Joe Flacco , Matt Hasselback

RB: Maurice Jones Drew , Matt Forte , Marshawn Lynch , Clinton Portis , Kevin Smith

WR: Wes Welker , Sidney Rice , Mark Clayton , Emmanual Sanders , Roy Williams , Brandon Tate , Bryant Johnson

TE: Dustin Keller , Greg Olsen

K,D: Eagles DST , Sebastian Janikowski , Cardinals DST , Graham Gano

Semi-solid. Strong RB, WRs unsure of how they will do

Joffer

QB: Sam Bradford , Ryan Fitzpatrick

RB: Arian Foster , Peyton Hillis , Fred Jackson , Toby Gerhardt , Jerome Harrison

WR: Dwayne Bowe , Arrelious Benn , Mike Sims Walker , Danario Alexander , Brian Hartline , Jason Avant

TE: Owen Daniels , John Carlson , Andrew Quarless

K,D: Ravens DST , Stephen Gostowski , Olindo Mare , Panthers DST

Average

David Yudkin

QB: Ben Roethliserger , Tim Tebow , Chad Henne

RB: Jamaal Charles , LeGarrette Blount , Mikel Leshoure , Mike Goodson

WR: Steve Johnson , Steve Smith (NYG) , Danny Amendola , Anthony Armstrong , Derrick Mason , Brian Robiskie . Roscoe Parish

TE: Antonio Gates , Anthony Fasano

K,D: Cowboys DST , Josh Scobee , Rian Lindell , Bills DST

Average - WRs seem like a committee for all three scoring spots, QB & RB depth seem lacking

Redzone

QB: Tony Romo , Kyle Orton , Matt Flynn

RB: Benjarvus Green Ellis , Ryan Torrain , Chris Ivory , Jason Snelling , Roy Helu

WR: Hakeem Nicks , Vincent Jackson , Davone Bess , Chaz Shillens , Josh Cribbs , Ben Obomanu

TE: Mercedes Lewis , Michael Hoomanawanui

K,D: Jets DST , Josh Brown , Connor Barth , Jaguars DST

Average - RBs a too shaky despite elite QB, & WR1, 2

CommuterMan

QB: Aaron Rodgers , Marc Bulger , Jimmy Clausen

RB: Ryan Matthews , Beanie Wells , Pierre Thomas , DeMarco Murray

WR: Greg Jennings , Anquan Boldin , Austin Collie , AJ Green , Demaryious Thomas , Jonathan Baldwin , Eric Decker

TE: Zach Miller , Brent Celek

K,D: Giants DST , Mason Crosby , Billy Cundiff , Colts DST

Average

Kruppe

QB: Matt Cassel , Carson Palmer , Vince Young

RB: Frank Gore , Darren McFadden , Mike Tolbert , Willis McGahee

WR: Brandon Lloyd , James Jones , Lee Evans , Plaxico Burress , Donnie Avery , Michael Jenkins , Patrick Crayton

TE: Vernon Davis , Jimmy Graham

K,D: Vikings DST , Dan Carpenter , Seahawks DST , Phil Dawson

Average - Riding on SF

oldfatguy

QB: Michael Vick , Josh Freeman

RB: Michael Turner , Danny Woodhead , James Stark , Ben Tate , Jacquizz Rodgers

WR: Jeremy Maclin , Pierre Garcon , Nate Burleson , Jordy Nelson , Mohammad Massaquoi , David Gettis , Golden Tate

TE: Rob Gronkowski , Ben Watson

K,D: Packers DST , Chiefs DST , Shaun Suisham , Ryan Longwell

Average - Vick needs to be ridiculous

ShadowMaster

QB: Drew Brees , Cam Newton , Blaine Gabbert

RB: Jahvid Best , Cedric Benson , LaDanian Tomlinson , Ronnie Brown , Donald Brown , Ricky Williams

WR: Marques Colston , Johnny Knox , Lance Moore , Jabar Gafney , Devin Hester , Kevin Walter

TE: Jason Witten , Jeremy Shockey

K,D: Nick Folk , Titans DST , Alex Henry

Below Average - Commitee RB,WR might work with Elite QB,TE...depth really killing this team

Pictus Cat

QB: Matt Schaub , Colt McCoy

RB: Steven Jackson , Jonathan Stewart , Darren Sproles , Mewelde Moore

WR: Calvin Johnson , Mario Manningham , Santana Moss , Deion Branch , Earl Bennett , Donald Driver , Blair White , Andre Roberts

TE: Aaron Hernandez , Kevin Boss

K,D: David Akers , Ryan Succop , Texans DST , Dolphins DST

Below Average - I picked guys I liked or when they seemed a value. White was a reach, TE not elite, risk with all RBs, could have drafted better if I knew where value was falling this draft, but I felt off the mark.

oldfatguy

Vick still available at the 15th pick was a no-brainer. Freeman at 5.15 was a player I had targeted. I would have been happy with him as QB1. But taking a second QB this early cost me at RB2.

RB: Michael Turner , Danny Woodhead , James Starks , Ben Tate , Jacquizz Rodgers

Nine running backs gone before my first pick. Turner at 2.02 as the RB12 picked was at the bottom of the RB1 tier. He could see limited production with very little upside. RB2 by committee: Woodhead at RB 34 could provide good value in PPR and Starks at RB35 will probably share with Grant but has definite upside. Tate could surprise if healthy. Everybody has to have a rookie pick, and Rodgers is mine. RB could be a huge anchor on this team. Ingram, Lynch,Grant, F.Jackson, or Beanie Wells as RB2 would have been a better pick at 5.15 than QB Freeman.

WR: Jeremy Maclin , Pierre Garcon , Nate Burleson , Jordy Nelson , Mohammad Massaquoi , David Gettis , Golden Tate

Had to wait until 3.15 and 4.02 to pick up WR17-WR18. Nelson at WR63 might be my best pick of the draft. Gettis and Tate in rounds 19 & 20 added good depth to a solid group of receivers.

At 6.02 TEs were disappearing fast. Wanted Graham but Kruppe scooped him at 6.01. Gronkowski played well in the second half of the season and gets a lot of looks in the red zone. Watson and WR Massaquoi could have bigger roles in Clevelands revamped offense next year, but that has yet to be determined.

Took Packers defense at DEF4. High turnover rate, good scoring/turnover ratio. Chiefs have good young playmakers on defense and will probably continue building in the draft.

oldfatguy

Vick still available at the 15th pick was a no-brainer. Freeman at 5.15 was a player I had targeted. I would have been happy with him as QB1. But taking a second QB this early cost me at RB2.

RB: Michael Turner , Danny Woodhead , James Starks , Ben Tate , Jacquizz Rodgers

Nine running backs gone before my first pick. Turner at 2.02 as the RB12 picked was at the bottom of the RB1 tier. He could see limited production with very little upside. RB2 by committee: Woodhead at RB 34 could provide good value in PPR and Starks at RB35 will probably share with Grant but has definite upside. Tate could surprise if healthy. Everybody has to have a rookie pick, and Rodgers is mine. RB could be a huge anchor on this team. Ingram, Lynch,Grant, F.Jackson, or Beanie Wells as RB2 would have been a better pick at 5.15 than QB Freeman.

Had to wait until 3.15 and 4.02 to pick up WR17-WR18. Nelson at WR63 might be my best pick of the draft. Gettis and Tate in rounds 19 & 20 added good depth to a solid group of receivers.

At 6.02 TEs were disappearing fast. Wanted Graham but Kruppe scooped him at 6.01. Gronkowski played well in the second half of the season and gets a lot of looks in the red zone. Watson and WR Massaquoi could have bigger roles in Clevelands revamped offense next year, but that has yet to be determined.

Took Packers defense at DEF4. High turnover rate, good scoring/turnover ratio. Chiefs have good young playmakers on defense and will probably continue building in the draft.
I'm still kicking myself over the Nelson pick. I had him typed in and changed it! note to self: never do that!

Broadway G

QB: Matthew Stafford , Kevin Kolb , Joe Webb

RB: Chris Johnson , Knowshon Moreno , Reggie Bush , Cadillac Williams , Javon Ringer

WR: Santonio Holmes , Kenny Britt , Jordan Shipley , Robert Meachem , Steve Breaston , Josh Morgan

TE: Dallas Clark , Joel Dreesen

K,D: Matt Bryant , Adam Vinateri , Lions DST , Rams DST

Wow I took a lot of injured guys.

QB - Biggest regret not going more aggressively here. While I really like Staffington, I doubt his shoulder holds up. Who knows where Kolb ends up, hopefully outside of Philly. I contemplated Collins and Grossman for 3rd QBs, but decided to go for a very slim chance at greatness as opposed to a reasonable shot at mediocrity.

RB - Very happy with the top 3. Bush should be a good fill-in for Johnson's disappearing act games.

WR - No clue what I was thinking with Shipley as WR3. I liked what I saw out of him, but wow. Meachem and Breaston should be adequate options to fill in the 3 spot. Admittedly lacking a true #1, Britt and Holmes should put up consistent numbers at least.

TE - Success for the team rests on Clark's recovery lol. Ugh. Surprised Dreessen lasted so long, he seems to get plenty of snaps, even when Daniels plays.

If these injury prone dudes all chip in 16 games, I'll do well. Most likely not.

Byes added . . .

QB

Ben Roethlisberger 11

Tim Tebow 6

Chad Henne 5

RB

Jamaal Charles 6

LaGarrette Blount 8

Mikel Leshoure ?

Mike Goodson 9

WR

Steve Johnson 7

Steve Smith NYG 7

Danny Amendola 5

Anthony Armstrong 5

Derrick Mason 5

Brian Robiskie 5

Roscoe Parrish 7

TE

Antonio Gates 6

Anthony Fasano 5

PK

Josh Scobee 9

Rian Lindell 7

DEF

Dallas 5

Buffalo 7

Weeks 5 and 7 might be tough, but hopefully all teams will have similar issues.

PRE KICKOFF ANALYSIS

ShadowMaster

QB: Drew Brees , Cam Newton , Blaine Gabbert

Brees is amazing and I have 1 starting backup in Newton. Gabbert probably also will play at some point, hopefully I'm still around to make it count.

RB: Jahvid Best , Cedric Benson , LaDanian Tomlinson , Ronnie Brown , Donald Brown , Ricky Williams

Best looks like he is in a good spot to lead this group. Benson is also still starting and a fair RB2. I have 3 goal line backs in R.Brown (Hello Philly Wildcat!)LT2, and Williams. Donald Brown looks like an early bust.

WR: Marques Colston , Johnny Knox , Lance Moore , Jabar Gafney , Devin Hester , Kevin Walter

Ut oh! Both of my Saints have injury woes. Moore is already out week 1. Hester and Knox are not starting - hopefully one will contribute each week in the spread passing attack. Gafney landed a WR2 role in Washington and Walter is a solid WR2 for Houston, but overall, even for a group drafted in December, this is looking sub par.

TE: Jason Witten , Jeremy Shockey

Top stud will be needed. Shockey may not help much with Olson also in Carolina now.

K,D: Nick Folk , Titans DST , Alex Henry

Good kickers, but only 1 D.

Overall outlook. Slightly chilly. Maybe that's appropriate for a Winter league....... I don't know.

:football:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger, Tim Tebow, Chad Henne

Tebow looks like a waste and Henne might not be long for starting.

RB: Jamaal Charles, LaGarrette Blount, Mikel Leshoure, Mike Goodson

Leshoure done for the year, Blount seemingly now in a RBBC. Williams back to CAR leaves Goodson pretty much useless at this point.

WR: Steve Johnson, Steve Smith PHI, Danny Amendola, Anthony Armstrong, Derrick Mason, Brian Robiskie, Roscoe Parrish

Might be a decent bunch with the later picks potentially in better situations than originally anticipated.

TE: Antonio Gates, Anthony Fasano

Gates looks like he'll be playing (for now), so knock on wood.

PK: Josh Scobee, Rian Lindell

Both still employed.

DEF: Dallas, Buffalo

Neither still not great.

Think it's a meh team overall at this point. Hope for the best, as they say.

Users who are viewing this thread