What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL #4 Draft Discussion (1 Viewer)

I had Pettigrew typed out twice before taking Lewis. There are a lot of good TE options this year.
Very true. Probably the year to wait on TE.
Yet the opposite is happening???
We have to start the same amount of TE's as QB's and 10 TE's have been taken versus 15 QB's. Also 40% of all TE picks were made in the 5th round. To me that is waiting on them. I also view this a a very deep year for QB's so I'm more surprised at teams not waiting on QB.

Also TE has become an extremely injury prone position. After week 3 or so last year if you drafted Dallas Clark, Finley, Zach Miller or Gates you were patting yourself on the back, not so much later in the year. I don't know exact numbers or anything longer than the past two years I started paying attention but I can guarantee you that over the last two NFL season there have been more games missed by teams starting TE's than their QB's. Might even be a more injury prone position over the last two years than RB and certainly more so than WR.

I had Pettigrew typed out twice before taking Lewis. There are a lot of good TE options this year.
We have to start the same amount of TE's as QB's and 10 TE's have been taken versus 15 QB's. Also 40% of all TE picks were made in the 5th round. To me that is waiting on them. I also view this a a very deep year for QB's so I'm more surprised at teams not waiting on QB.

Also TE has become an extremely injury prone position. After week 3 or so last year if you drafted Dallas Clark, Finley, Zach Miller or Gates you were patting yourself on the back, not so much later in the year. I don't know exact numbers or anything longer than the past two years I started paying attention but I can guarantee you that over the last two NFL season there have been more games missed by teams starting TE's than their QB's. Might even be a more injury prone position over the last two years than RB and certainly more so than WR.
Well we're pulling the trigger on the TEs a round earlier than WSL1.

Well we're pulling the trigger on the TEs a round earlier than WSL1.
Nope, Thru pick 5.14 WSL 1 10TEs, WSL 2 8TEs, WSL 3 10TEs, WSL 4 10TEs

will give you props on your Graham pick but I have to disagree with this...I realize on opening day there will be 32 starting QB's....but if in this league you want to have a quality starter and a decent backup just for "off" weeks, let alone the bye weeks....it gets pretty shakey after about 20-22 or so.....some movement by some bigger QB names from the past could change that, but I honestly thought that TE's might be a little deeper than people think (after the top guys)......

6.09 BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, NE
So much for that plan.I passed on him, the idea being that all the "take off your blinders and open your eyes" crowd would follow, like sheep over the cliff. You managed to examine the alternatives and made a good decision.Part of the passing is to allow the water to seek it's own level. He's still alive in WSL #3 as that league has bonding issues. He's gone at the 3.15 in WSL #2, here at the 6.05 and at the 8.07 in WSL #1. His level appears to be right about where you drafted him: RB-27.

Last edited by a moderator:
6.09 BenJarvus Green-Ellis, RB, NE
So much for that plan.I passed on him, the idea being that all the "take off your blinders and open your eyes" crowd would follow, like sheep over the cliff. You managed to examine the alternatives and made a good decision.Part of the passing is to allow the water to seek it's own level. He's still alive in WSL #3 as that league has bonding issues. He's gone at the 3.15 in WSL #2, here at the 6.05 and at the 8.07 in WSL #1. His level appears to be right about where you drafted him: RB-27.
There's nothing like the confidence you get from drafting a NE running back.eta. He went 5.11 in WSL#3

But I think QB is the key to success in this thing. Scoring 35 pts per week from the position is good and there is 10 guys out there I want nothing to do with right now. That leaves 22 for 16 teams. Someone will suffer by this.
If an interloper can interject the QB thing is just dead wrong in these survivor leagues - not even sure if it is in the Top 5 of team components - Yes you need/want some consistent production from your pair (Nobody scores 30+ consistently) but far more important to just have some scoring each week to compliment your RB1/TE/WRs

hated making the Sanchez pick as there was a ton of value at other positions.....but the pickins are pretty slim from here on out until some of the retread QB's find a home...

Ben Roethlisberger PIT QB 8

Frank Gore SF RB 10

Cedric Benson CIN RB 25

Roddy White ATL WR 3

Dez Bryant DAL WR 16

Owen Daniels HOU TE 11

Wasn't happy I pulled the 16 spot, but I am liking this team so far. Benson/Daniels were good values at the 5/6 turn. I hate having to reach being at the end, but it looked like I only reached a half round at most for Dez. It was between him and Marshall, but I like Dez's upside and situation much better. Ben was the end of the QB tier and I knew that I wouldn't have much left if I waited.

But I think QB is the key to success in this thing. Scoring 35 pts per week from the position is good and there is 10 guys out there I want nothing to do with right now. That leaves 22 for 16 teams. Someone will suffer by this.
If an interloper can interject the QB thing is just dead wrong in these survivor leagues - not even sure if it is in the Top 5 of team components - Yes you need/want some consistent production from your pair (Nobody scores 30+ consistently) but far more important to just have some scoring each week to compliment your RB1/TE/WRs
I have no issue with my success in this league with thinking heavy on QB. 3 top 3 finishes in 5 drafts done. Not going to change it now. Plus it is sometimes keep away. I find it much easier to find the gems at WR-RB later on than QB. So 2 it will be and really no worries for the position as others grab a bunch of stiffs. Just no depth at the position this year for a 16 team league. 12 I would be waiting

I have no issue with my success in this league with thinking heavy on QB. 3 top 3 finishes in 5 drafts done.
LOL any constructive argument or discussion would have been fine - interjecting BS on these boards is not viewed well by your fellow drafters. The below from Twilight's summary of the 2010 winners...."Joining him as champs in SSLs are Fiddles (the top overall scoring winning team), Jeff Tefertiller (his 1st), and Crippler (also his 1st)."

GL :goodposting:

I have no issue with my success in this league with thinking heavy on QB. 3 top 3 finishes in 5 drafts done.
LOL any constructive argument or discussion would have been fine - interjecting BS on these boards is not viewed well by your fellow drafters. The below from Twilight's summary of the 2010 winners...."Joining him as champs in SSLs are Fiddles (the top overall scoring winning team), Jeff Tefertiller (his 1st), and Crippler (also his 1st)."

GL :excited:
I tend to agree with Hook. Many ways to skin this cat. You can pretty much depend on double digit scoring with any decent QB. Most weeks you're looking at 15-25 pts. I've gone with 3 QBs and flown solo at the position. It really comes down to making good picks across the board to be successful.

FUBAR said:
QB: RomoRB: McCoyWR: Fitzgerald, MaclinSo far I'm fairly happy. My plan was to start off by taking guys whose floor is something I can deal with and are relatively safe picks. Granted, McCoy doesn't have the history to indicate safety but I see little reason to think he won't perform in 2011. I probably could have gone with Mendenhall but otherwise I didn't see a RB I think can produce at the top and was safe. MJD is awesome but that injury is a concern, Turner and Forte IMO are solid, safe plays but lack as much upside potential. So the 1st pick was a balance between safety and reward. I think we saw Fitzgerald's floor last year and he was still pretty darn good. You won't get much safer with elite potential in the mid-2nd. Also considered Finley, the QBs, and Turner but didn't want to start RB-RB and as mentioned, I see tier 2 at QB as pretty wide. Round 3, grabbed the QB I like assuming he's healthy. Great QB and 3 elite receivers. Barring injury, plays well in the "Safety First" concept. Round 4, Maclin was just too good a value to resist. I don't necessarily like a RB/WR combo among my top 4 players but will take it here. As long as Philly has an early bye that doesn't conflict with my other RBs and WRs, I'll be fine. I won't mention who else I considered as they haven't been taken. (Holmes was, but there are others who may fall to my 5th)
I'd gladly trade my entire team for yours straight up.Manning maybe a hair better than Romo.McCoy v. Foster is a coin flipFitz >>> DWillMaclin >> GarconI think you basically ended up with 2 1st round picks, one late 2nd round, and one early 3rd round.
Thanks. Made up for it by taking a 6th rounder in the 5th but he's a player I wanted and I don't know that he'd have made it back to me. Maybe I'm overreacting and taking a risk here but I think Pettigrew should be one of the top TEs this year and I doubt he'd fall out of the top 10 (barring injury). Seems weird to call a 3rd year TE with one season over 350 yards, a "safe play" but Pettigrew's game is so good all-around that he's going to be involved a lot and he'll be the 2nd receiving option in Detroit.
and followed it up with Gonzalez in the 6th. I didn't neccessarily want to go TE/TE here but I couldn't let Gonzo drop any further. Now I will probably completely disregard the position unless an insane value drops late. Also, I now have reps from each of the divisions in the NFC which is hugely important. I feel the Pettigrew/Gonzo combo might be the best going and unless I get very unlucky I should get elite production from the position throughout the year. I'll need to address the other positions of course but I'll want to load up on those later anyway and now I can do so as I please.RomoMcCoyFitz, MaclinPettigrew, GonzalezMy all-NFC team is looking good right now.

FUBAR said:
QB: RomoRB: McCoyWR: Fitzgerald, MaclinSo far I'm fairly happy. My plan was to start off by taking guys whose floor is something I can deal with and are relatively safe picks. Granted, McCoy doesn't have the history to indicate safety but I see little reason to think he won't perform in 2011. I probably could have gone with Mendenhall but otherwise I didn't see a RB I think can produce at the top and was safe. MJD is awesome but that injury is a concern, Turner and Forte IMO are solid, safe plays but lack as much upside potential. So the 1st pick was a balance between safety and reward. I think we saw Fitzgerald's floor last year and he was still pretty darn good. You won't get much safer with elite potential in the mid-2nd. Also considered Finley, the QBs, and Turner but didn't want to start RB-RB and as mentioned, I see tier 2 at QB as pretty wide. Round 3, grabbed the QB I like assuming he's healthy. Great QB and 3 elite receivers. Barring injury, plays well in the "Safety First" concept. Round 4, Maclin was just too good a value to resist. I don't necessarily like a RB/WR combo among my top 4 players but will take it here. As long as Philly has an early bye that doesn't conflict with my other RBs and WRs, I'll be fine. I won't mention who else I considered as they haven't been taken. (Holmes was, but there are others who may fall to my 5th)
I'd gladly trade my entire team for yours straight up.Manning maybe a hair better than Romo.McCoy v. Foster is a coin flipFitz >>> DWillMaclin >> GarconI think you basically ended up with 2 1st round picks, one late 2nd round, and one early 3rd round.
Thanks. Made up for it by taking a 6th rounder in the 5th but he's a player I wanted and I don't know that he'd have made it back to me. Maybe I'm overreacting and taking a risk here but I think Pettigrew should be one of the top TEs this year and I doubt he'd fall out of the top 10 (barring injury). Seems weird to call a 3rd year TE with one season over 350 yards, a "safe play" but Pettigrew's game is so good all-around that he's going to be involved a lot and he'll be the 2nd receiving option in Detroit.
and followed it up with Gonzalez in the 6th. I didn't neccessarily want to go TE/TE here but I couldn't let Gonzo drop any further. Now I will probably completely disregard the position unless an insane value drops late. Also, I now have reps from each of the divisions in the NFC which is hugely important. I feel the Pettigrew/Gonzo combo might be the best going and unless I get very unlucky I should get elite production from the position throughout the year. I'll need to address the other positions of course but I'll want to load up on those later anyway and now I can do so as I please.RomoMcCoyFitz, MaclinPettigrew, GonzalezMy all-NFC team is looking good right now.
I don't think you could possible screw up the rest of the draft enough not to be a favorite to win.

FUBAR said:
I don't think you could possible screw up the rest of the draft enough not to be a favorite to win.
Never underestimate my ability to F### things up. It's early yet.7.09, Mike Thomas WR3, Jags. I'm not a big fan but he's got some upside and he's very involved in the offense. For a WR3, I'll take him.

krsone21:

Sam Bradford ATL QB 15

Matthew Stafford DET QB 18

Rashard Mendenhall PIT RB 9

Ryan Matthews SDC RB 19

Greg Jennings WR 5

Brandon Marshall MIA WR 19

A.J. Green Rookie WR 40

Aaron Hernandez NE TE 18

I really like the high upside potential of my young QB's. I think Bradford will just get better in his second season. If his WR's can stay healthy that can't hurt either. I thought about going Sanchez with my 2nd QB because he would be the safer pick since he hasn't been injured for the most part in his career but I went with the oft-injured Stafford instead. I took the chance that his recently surgically repaired shoulder would hold up and he would play a full season. If Stafford can play a full season and I do realize that's a big IF, then I can see him putting up some very nice points for me giving me some big points weeks.

I went RB and WR early in this draft. I like Mendenhall and Matthews as my top 2 runningbacks. Mendenhall is a top 10 running back and I think Matthews is only going to get better. After Matthews came back from his injuries he had some good games to end the season.

When drafting WR's I was looking for high upside big play WR's. I went with Jennings as my number 1 WR because he is on a high powered offense and he should put up great numbers again next season. For my second WR I grabbed Marshall. Once again going with high upside and big play. Granted Marshall has a attitude problem and that can get in the way but if he stays out of trouble and if Miami upgrades the QB position then there is no reason why Marshall shouldn't be in the top 10 for receiver. For my third WR I picked the rookie A.J. Green once again looking for high upside big play ability. I think Green can come into the NFL and be succesful right away. Of course there is always a chance he lands on a team with a bad passing attack and a horrible QB but that's the chances we take when picking rookies.

I missed out on the 1st tier TE run and the 2nd tier TE run so I waited a bit and worked on other positions first then went with a TE I really like in Aaron Hernandez. In a ppr league I'm in Hernandez finished as TE 14 and that was after missing his final 2 weeks of the season. If he had played a whole season he would have probaby finished around TE 10. So I was happy to get him at TE 18.

The draft up to this point has not gone how I envisioned it. I was planning on taking QB and TE early but with the big runs at both positions really good talent was available at other positions and I decided to grab those instead and wait.

My team will probably sink or swim according to how my 2 young QB's season goes. Now I just need to get some good value and land a few gems in the later rounds to help bolster my lineup for injuries and bye weeks.

QB: Romo

RB: McCoy, Starks

WR: Fitzgerald, Maclin, MThomas

TE: Pettigrew, Gonzalez

That Mike Thomas pick is looking pretty bad right now, screwed up my all-NFC team.

I was really hoping Grant would fall to my 8th, almost took him instead of Thomas. But, figured I'd take a chance on Starks as he's played well during these playoffs and should have a chance to start next year, especially if Grant isn't completely back.

Now if you all would do me the courtesy of not taking the next 3 guys on my list, I'd appreciate it. TIA.

krsone21:

Sam Bradford ATL QB 15

Matthew Stafford DET QB 18

Rashard Mendenhall PIT RB 9

Ryan Matthews SDC RB 19

Greg Jennings WR 5

Brandon Marshall MIA WR 19

A.J. Green Rookie WR 40

Aaron Hernandez NE TE 18

I really like the high upside potential of my young QB's. I think Bradford will just get better in his second season. If his WR's can stay healthy that can't hurt either. I thought about going Sanchez with my 2nd QB because he would be the safer pick since he hasn't been injured for the most part in his career but I went with the oft-injured Stafford instead. I took the chance that his recently surgically repaired shoulder would hold up and he would play a full season. If Stafford can play a full season and I do realize that's a big IF, then I can see him putting up some very nice points for me giving me some big points weeks.

I really like Bradford and would love this duo in a dynasty league. In a redraft though, I'd be concerned. Just my opinion of course, but I think you'd have been better off pairing Bradford with Garrard - a vet QB who poses less risk. Sanchez probably too.

I went RB and WR early in this draft. I like Mendenhall and Matthews as my top 2 runningbacks. Mendenhall is a top 10 running back and I think Matthews is only going to get better. After Matthews came back from his injuries he had some good games to end the season.

I like this duo. Mendy is a good core RB1, should be pretty solid each week and poses less risk than many backs. Mathews has the potential to be very good, so good upside and a decent value in the 3rd.

When drafting WR's I was looking for high upside big play WR's. I went with Jennings as my number 1 WR because he is on a high powered offense and he should put up great numbers again next season. For my second WR I grabbed Marshall. Once again going with high upside and big play. Granted Marshall has a attitude problem and that can get in the way but if he stays out of trouble and if Miami upgrades the QB position then there is no reason why Marshall shouldn't be in the top 10 for receiver. For my third WR I picked the rookie A.J. Green once again looking for high upside big play ability. I think Green can come into the NFL and be succesful right away. Of course there is always a chance he lands on a team with a bad passing attack and a horrible QB but that's the chances we take when picking rookies.

I'm not quite sure what to think here, Marshall would be a safe play to be decent if not for his off the field issues, Jennings is a stud and you took a risk with Green. By itself I like this trio but with your QBs and TEs, I would prefer less risk.

I missed out on the 1st tier TE run and the 2nd tier TE run so I waited a bit and worked on other positions first then went with a TE I really like in Aaron Hernandez. In a ppr league I'm in Hernandez finished as TE 14 and that was after missing his final 2 weeks of the season. If he had played a whole season he would have probaby finished around TE 10. So I was happy to get him at TE 18.

Hernandez is a potential stud, but with Gronk around I'm not comfortable with him as my TE1. Again, if you had less risk elsewhere this would be fine.

The draft up to this point has not gone how I envisioned it. I was planning on taking QB and TE early but with the big runs at both positions really good talent was available at other positions and I decided to grab those instead and wait.

Yep, sometimes it's all about being flexible and adjusting.

My team will probably sink or swim according to how my 2 young QB's season goes. Now I just need to get some good value and land a few gems in the later rounds to help bolster my lineup for injuries and bye weeks.

Completely agreed. I just think you saw "POTENTIAL" and ran towards it after the Mendenhall and Jennings picks. Good core RB/WR combo, but after that this team screams RISK, which might pay off but might not. If the Rams land a top WR I think you'll be doing well.

Really happy with my last 3 RB picks. For being last I will more than live with my trio. Even though I was disappointed to see Addai and Starks go before my 8th round pick. Also James Jones was a target if he had dropped. Bush was another thought but LT was rated way ahead of him. Leshoure is the type of player that can win this thing for you if he goes to the right situation.

Really happy with my last 3 RB picks. For being last I will more than live with my trio. Even though I was disappointed to see Addai and Starks go before my 8th round pick. Also James Jones was a target if he had dropped. Bush was another thought but LT was rated way ahead of him. Leshoure is the type of player that can win this thing for you if he goes to the right situation.
Not bad, and I like your strategy.I considered LT but wanted a little more upside with this pick, still he should be good for a few games. I would have picked Leshoure this round had he fallen.

Not bad, and I like your strategy.I considered LT but wanted a little more upside with this pick, still he should be good for a few games. I would have picked Leshoure this round had he fallen.
And I tossed and turned about taking him but seeing him did not make it to the 10.13 in WSL1 made my choice for me. Lots of different guys I might have taken if I was a little later in draft or earlier in those even rounds.LT gave me that guy that could be dependable while Wells and Leshoure both have huge upside and are riskier.

QB: RomoRB: McCoy, StarksWR: Fitzgerald, Maclin, MThomasTE: Pettigrew, GonzalezThat Mike Thomas pick is looking pretty bad right now, screwed up my all-NFC team. I was really hoping Grant would fall to my 8th, almost took him instead of Thomas. But, figured I'd take a chance on Starks as he's played well during these playoffs and should have a chance to start next year, especially if Grant isn't completely back.Now if you all would do me the courtesy of not taking the next 3 guys on my list, I'd appreciate it. TIA.
so much for that, the 3 targets were Leshoure, LT and Bush. Darn you Crippler!Campbell is an adequate backup but hardly an inspiring pick. I almost feel dirty for making it but he might play good enough for a few games to be worthwhile. He's decent enough value, but he's got almost zero upside.

9.13, at WR-50: Hines Ward WR-PIT

PM's out.

"There are seven other WR's I'd rather have on my team." Guy must have cooties? :confused:
Until he's 20-30% above every other guy left on the board he's not worth the risk to me. Some people do well with these gambles, I end up with a bunch of donuts on my roster when I take the risk.
Somebody had to defend the defenseless (see Ward....not me).His latestest quote is that he'll return, that they'll have to "drag him off" to get him off the field. That's why he's a HOF'er. Sure, he's an injury risk and sure his getting up there but he's wanting to play: sure this and sure that....none of it's sure at WR-50.

At that late juncture in the draft, I'm looking for a #2 WR on a team that distributes the ball AND has the likely hood that the QB will be upright at season end. Ward is an excellent #2 WR, has a reasonable shot at maintaining his starting spot for another season and was about 6-7 spots above his draft slot (WR-50) over the next guy on the board (I still had him at WR-44). WR-50 is Ward time.

20-30% ='s about 40-50 points per season in this format. At 200 (+/-) points for the WR-#2 range, that's deducting 40-50 points, that's about the low #3 WR range of 150-160 pts. Ward's RZ targets are 12-ea. placing him in low WR #1-high WR-#2 category (12 = Edwards, Knox, Boldin, DeJax range, tied for slot #36 for WR's). His targets were 93, recept's 58 for 755 and a respectable 12.8 average. He'll mainain his staring position and still be the same player next year as he was this year.....at age 35 and a bit +.

The thing that really seperates Ward is his genes and his work ethic: guy's just flat a world class competitor. If you've every worked around people from Tiwan, you know that they are relentless. Ward's mom was of that extraction and he's a relentless hard worker. He's nothing more than a possesion receiver that gets respect from evey DB he meets up with....still an honor to have him at the 50 spot.

And, he's a reasonable bet to be SB Most Valuable in about a week's time as teams focus on the burner.....again and at the expense of "Old Mister Reliable."

9.13, at WR-50: Hines Ward WR-PIT

PM's out.

"There are seven other WR's I'd rather have on my team." Guy must have cooties? :thumbup:
Until he's 20-30% above every other guy left on the board he's not worth the risk to me. Some people do well with these gambles, I end up with a bunch of donuts on my roster when I take the risk.
Somebody had to defend the defenseless (see Ward....not me).His latestest quote is that he'll return, that they'll have to "drag him off" to get him off the field. That's why he's a HOF'er. Sure, he's an injury risk and sure his getting up there but he's wanting to play: sure this and sure that....none of it's sure at WR-50.

At that late juncture in the draft, I'm looking for a #2 WR on a team that distributes the ball AND has the likely hood that the QB will be upright at season end. Ward is an excellent #2 WR, has a reasonable shot at maintaining his starting spot for another season and was about 6-7 spots above his draft slot (WR-50) over the next guy on the board (I still had him at WR-44). WR-50 is Ward time.

20-30% ='s about 40-50 points per season in this format. At 200 (+/-) points for the WR-#2 range, that's deducting 40-50 points, that's about the low #3 WR range of 150-160 pts. Ward's RZ targets are 12-ea. placing him in low WR #1-high WR-#2 category (12 = Edwards, Knox, Boldin, DeJax range, tied for slot #36 for WR's). His targets were 93, recept's 58 for 755 and a respectable 12.8 average. He'll mainain his staring position and still be the same player next year as he was this year.....at age 35 and a bit +.

The thing that really seperates Ward is his genes and his work ethic: guy's just flat a world class competitor. If you've every worked around people from Tiwan, you know that they are relentless. Ward's mom was of that extraction and he's a relentless hard worker. He's nothing more than a possesion receiver that gets respect from evey DB he meets up with....still an honor to have him at the 50 spot.

And, he's a reasonable bet to be SB Most Valuable in about a week's time as teams focus on the burner.....again and at the expense of "Old Mister Reliable."
That's good info that I didn't have. I'm a fan, just explaining why I passed on him

QB: Manning, Palmer

RB: Foster, Williams

WR: Garcon, Jones, Ford

TE: Cooley, Gronk

These leagues can be so frustrating. In my WSL1 draft I ignored TE and QB2 and really like my squad outside of those holes. In this draft I grabbed backups before they were gone at TE and QB and my WR corps looks like :confused: .

BassNBrew said:
QB: Manning, PalmerRB: Foster, WilliamsWR: Garcon, Jones, FordTE: Cooley, GronkThese leagues can be so frustrating. In my WSL1 draft I ignored TE and QB2 and really like my squad outside of those holes. In this draft I grabbed backups before they were gone at TE and QB and my WR corps looks like :goodposting: .
Agreed. I can't see many teams (any?) having a better QB duo and your RBs and TEs look good. Low risk at QB and TE, a bit more on RB IMO, but not bad. WRs though, yikes. Risk and IMO, not as much potential as you'd like. Still, you can make it far with this team.

really wanted to pull the trigger on Ivory with my pick in the tenth....I love his game....but the lisfranc injury pushed me away....saw some reports that he might not be ready for training camp.....I don't know a ton about injuries, etc....but I do know that that is one that is never good to have for a RB no matter what the severity.....I hope he comes back, because if he does, he can be productive, but with PT a free agent, the Saints could look elsewhere to solidify the RB spot and it could come at Ivory's expense......could also turn out to be a great pick

really wanted to pull the trigger on Ivory with my pick in the tenth....I love his game....but the lisfranc injury pushed me away....saw some reports that he might not be ready for training camp.....I don't know a ton about injuries, etc....but I do know that that is one that is never good to have for a RB no matter what the severity.....I hope he comes back, because if he does, he can be productive, but with PT a free agent, the Saints could look elsewhere to solidify the RB spot and it could come at Ivory's expense......could also turn out to be a great pick
:lmao: I was thinking the same thing, and would have taken him this round.

QB: Romo

RB: McCoy, Starks

WR: Fitzgerald, Maclin, MThomas

That Mike Thomas pick is looking pretty bad right now, screwed up my all-NFC team.

I was really hoping Grant would fall to my 8th, almost took him instead of Thomas. But, figured I'd take a chance on Starks as he's played well during these playoffs and should have a chance to start next year, especially if Grant isn't completely back.

Now if you all would do me the courtesy of not taking the next 3 guys on my list, I'd appreciate it. TIA.
so much for that, the 3 targets were Leshoure, LT and Bush. Darn you Crippler!Campbell is an adequate backup but hardly an inspiring pick. I almost feel dirty for making it but he might play good enough for a few games to be worthwhile. He's decent enough value, but he's got almost zero upside.
Choice, Hardesty and Avery...IMO, the Cowboys should go with a Felix/Choice RBBC and Choice has the potential to be very good. He probably won't be anything more than top 30ish, but here I'll take that.

I told myself heading into this I'd (mostly) avoid players coming off injuries. So much for that plan.

With Hardesty it's simply a matter of liking his talent enough to think he can take a lot of carries from Hillis and maybe even surpass him.

Avery was actually a target of mine from the get-go, and figured this is about the time to get him. None of the other Rams WRs are inspiring but with Bradford at least a couple will be productive. Avery could be the top guy or at least get enough big plays to be valuable here. I'm not sure I like him as my #4 WR but that's what happens when I went with depth at other positions first.

QB: Romo, Campbell

RB: McCoy, Starks, Choice, Hardesty

WR: Fitzgerald, Maclin, MThomas, Avery

Overall, quality starters and risk at depth except at TE which is my clear strength. My RBs will need some breaks to pan out. It's funny, I'm starting to not like this team too much, but I think that happens to all of us in 16 team redraft leagues especially if we're used to having good dynasty teams or play in smaller leagues.

I'll be out most/all day. If it gets around to me, skip & I'll catch up when I can. Too many picks in between for me to make a list up.

Ben Roethlisberger PIT QB 8

Matt Hasselbeck SEA QB 27

Frank Gore SF RB 10

Cedric Benson CIN RB 25

Donald Brown IND RB 51

Caddy Williams TB

Roddy White ATL WR 3

Dez Bryant DAL WR 16

Deion Branch NE WR 39

Mike Sims-Walker JAC WR 52

Roy Williams DAL WR 74

Owen Daniels HOU TE 11

Heath Miller PIT TE 20

Green Bay Packers D/ST 5

Minnesota Vikings D/ST 20

Billy Cundiff BAL

I really liked my start to this draft, but I felt like I kept missing out on the players I wanted in the middle rounds. Being on the end is tough in that regard. I tried to balance reaching for the players I want with getting good value. I knew I had to take Dez when I did so I reached a little. Thought I got good value with Ben, Daniels, and even Benson. Overall, I like my team, but I don't have enough depth at WR.

FUBAR:

Tony Romo DAL QB 7

Jason Campbell OAK QB 26

LeSean McCoy PHI RB 7

James Starks GB RB 33

Tashard Choice DAL RB 43

Montario Hardesty CLE RB 48

Larry Fitzgerald ARI WR 7

Jeremy Maclin PHI WR 21

Mike Thomas JAC WR 37

Donnie Avery STL WR 68

Johnny Baldwin Rookie WR 77

Brandon Pettigrew DET TE 10

Tony Gonzalez ATL TE 12

San Francisco D/ST 14

Miami Dolphins D/ST 25

David Buehler DAL PK

I feel like I have a decent balance of safe plays with risk/reward potential. More risk at RB than I would like but that's what happens when you wait for your 2nd guy and depth. May have been better off taking a safer RB instead of McCoy but I like the kid. Gonzo's the only old guy I have, and I figure he'll be productive for another year or two.

Incidentally, depending on where Baldwin lands, I've successfully landed one representative from the AFC divisions but otherwise maintained a NFC roster. No promises, but I might keep that going now.

SF D, Miami D, Baldwin, Buehler

Frankly, not a whole lot of thought went into the D selections, almost took New Orleans instead of San Fran and Denver instead of Miami. Even gave thought to taking 3 but Ds don't miss games so it's more important to have balance elsewhere. I probably waited too long to take a difference making D but SF/Miami should suffice and I wanted Avery.

Baldwin is an obvious wildcard, when these drafts start I always tell myself to avoid rookies, but as we get into the choices are between low-ceiling types like Caddy or others still available, I tell myself it's okay to take the risk that the rookie will land on a good team. Got lucky last year with Aaron Hernandez and Bradford and while I don't see Baldwin going too early, I can easily see him drafted in the late 1st by a decent team like Chicago, New England or New Orleans (my money today is on Chicago). and he's the type of WR that could make an immediate impact. Or be a complete waste of a pick.

STINKIN REF

5.11 Matt Ryan ATL QB 14

6.06 Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 19

3.11 Ahmad Bradshaw NYG RB 18

4.06 LaGarrette Blount TB RB 21

10.06 Brandon Jacobs NYG RB 42

11.11 Marion Barber DAL RB 49

12.06 Bernard Scott CIN RB 53

1.11 Calvin Johnson DET WR 2

2.06 Reggie Wayne IND WR 6

7.11 Steve Smith CAR WR 38

8.06 Terrell Owens ??? WR 41

13.11 Kevin Walter HOU WR 73

9.11 Todd Heap BAL TE 24

14.06 Matt Bryant ATL PK 1

15.11 Denver Bronco DST

16.06 Washington Redskin DST

PRE-DRAFT GAMEPLAN

Do better than last year. Drew 11th spot, no feelings about that one way or the other. Made the mistake last year of thinking I saw some things that were money in the bank (Devin Aromashodu) so committed to not doing that again. Other than that....nothing, have fun.

Wow....MJD is falling...could he make it to me....nope...was thinking going in I would have a shot at AJ here but no to that as well....to my detriment sometimes I have never been a Mendy fan so I went with Calvin....he is a beast and I like the direction the Lions as a team are moving so I felt this was a safe pick in the 1st . Other considerations: none here really as in the past I have been a little shaky at WR and in a start 3 format I thought this would give me a good start and I didn't absolutely love anybody else.

Changed gears her a little as my thought after CJ was to go B/A RB here to stay balanced at those two positions and be able to pick B/A next time around. Didn't want to go QB yet and felt that TE position was really deep this year after the big 5 or so, so I could get some solid guys much later (uh oh). Wayne was staring at me big time and I pulled the trigger. Some are expecting a drop off in production because of all the mouths to feed, but I look at it a little different, all those mouths mean teams can't just gang up on Wayne. He was still a top guy in targets and receptions. Loved the idea of Johnson/Wayne start in a start 3 format, but also knew I had just dictated the rest of my draft a little which I didn't really want to do. Other considerations: If Nicks would have fallen I would have taken him over Wayne, don't ask me why just like his game. And I would have looked at Steven Jackson if he fell as I think he could be top 5 next year. Brady and Finley also got a sniff.

Six more RB's went between my picks and I started looking at what was left and realized I was going further down my list than I wanted to when I thought about having to start 2. Also the big 5 TE's were gone which I really didn't care about as my plan was to sit on Graham thinking I could maybe get him in the 5th (wrong). Bradshaw became a pretty easy pick for me here. I know he is a free agent but he has mad skills and what I like is he still gets work inside the 10. Don't think that will really change if he goes somewhere. So here is where I first really started to form a plan. Bradshaw here, then either Blount/Greene with my next pick, then Graham in the 5th, and QB in 6th. Other considerations: None really, I had to go RB, if Best would have fallen, I would have had to considered the RB/WR from same team quandary for a moment. I think Bradshaw is a top 12 RB so getting him at RB18 was solid in my mind. I will say the thought of going WR/WR/WR was tempting with Marshall/Colston still on the board.

I know I said going in I wasn't going to make the same mistake as I did with last year when I targeted Aromashodu, but I lied, I was targeting this guy and I loved his game. Difference is, we have a little bigger sample size than what DA showed at the end of 2009. Don't really know what to say, I think he is easily a top 12-15 back this year, so getting him at RB21 felt pretty good. I thought he actually might go in front of some of the other guys that were picked and really thought there was a chance he wouldn’t make it back to me at 3.11. So when 3.11 came and he and Bradshaw were still there, I thought I would gamble since I thought I KNEW Bradshaw wouldn't make it back to 4.06 but Blount might, especially if people are watching what is going on in the other WSL's. So there it is my "sold on"pick this year. In my mind only right now, I have two top 10 WR's and two top 12 RB's. Other considerations: None. Now just snatch up Graham in the 5th and then probably go QB/QB in 6/7.

5.11 Matt Ryan ATL QB 14

F-bomb and finger to Meno (Graham).....Plan B....QB's are starting to fly......after Graham I really don't LOVE any of the TE's even though I know in this format they are like your last couple Viagra. Some guys I think have more big game potential but I thought I would take one of those in the 6th and go with a safer pick in the 5th. So Ryan it is. Not sexy, but safe. Other considerations: thought about Bradford and his weapons and was thinking about trying to get the exact combo that krsone21 ended up with. Might have been able to pull it off if I took Bradford here, but Ryan's safeness won out in the end. This is also when "screw the TE position" started slowly creeping into my system and taking over like it was meth.

(to be continued....gotta go watch my daughter open up a can in some middle school hoops )

STINKIN REF

5.11 Matt Ryan ATL QB 14

6.06 Mark Sanchez NYJ QB 19

10.06 Brandon Jacobs NYG RB 42

11.11 Marion Barber DAL RB 49

12.06 Bernard Scott CIN RB 53

7.11 Steve Smith CAR WR 38

8.06 Terrell Owens ??? WR 41

13.11 Kevin Walter HOU WR 73

9.11 Todd Heap BAL TE 24

14.06 Matt Bryant ATL PK 1

15.11 Denver Bronco DST

16.06 Washington Redskin DST

PRE-DRAFT GAMEPLAN

Do better than last year. Drew 11th spot, no feelings about that one way or the other. Made the mistake last year of thinking I saw some things that were money in the bank (Devin Aromashodu) so committed to not doing that again. Other than that....nothing, have fun.

Wow....MJD is falling...could he make it to me....nope...was thinking going in I would have a shot at AJ here but no to that as well....to my detriment sometimes I have never been a Mendy fan so I went with Calvin....he is a beast and I like the direction the Lions as a team are moving so I felt this was a safe pick in the 1st . Other considerations: none here really as in the past I have been a little shaky at WR and in a start 3 format I thought this would give me a good start and I didn't absolutely love anybody else.

Changed gears her a little as my thought after CJ was to go B/A RB here to stay balanced at those two positions and be able to pick B/A next time around. Didn't want to go QB yet and felt that TE position was really deep this year after the big 5 or so, so I could get some solid guys much later (uh oh). Wayne was staring at me big time and I pulled the trigger. Some are expecting a drop off in production because of all the mouths to feed, but I look at it a little different, all those mouths mean teams can't just gang up on Wayne. He was still a top guy in targets and receptions. Loved the idea of Johnson/Wayne start in a start 3 format, but also knew I had just dictated the rest of my draft a little which I didn't really want to do. Other considerations: If Nicks would have fallen I would have taken him over Wayne, don't ask me why just like his game. And I would have looked at Steven Jackson if he fell as I think he could be top 5 next year. Brady and Finley also got a sniff.

Six more RB's went between my picks and I started looking at what was left and realized I was going further down my list than I wanted to when I thought about having to start 2. Also the big 5 TE's were gone which I really didn't care about as my plan was to sit on Graham thinking I could maybe get him in the 5th (wrong). Bradshaw became a pretty easy pick for me here. I know he is a free agent but he has mad skills and what I like is he still gets work inside the 10. Don't think that will really change if he goes somewhere. So here is where I first really started to form a plan. Bradshaw here, then either Blount/Greene with my next pick, then Graham in the 5th, and QB in 6th. Other considerations: None really, I had to go RB, if Best would have fallen, I would have had to considered the RB/WR from same team quandary for a moment. I think Bradshaw is a top 12 RB so getting him at RB18 was solid in my mind. I will say the thought of going WR/WR/WR was tempting with Marshall/Colston still on the board.

I know I said going in I wasn't going to make the same mistake as I did with last year when I targeted Aromashodu, but I lied, I was targeting this guy and I loved his game. Difference is, we have a little bigger sample size than what DA showed at the end of 2009. Don't really know what to say, I think he is easily a top 12-15 back this year, so getting him at RB21 felt pretty good. I thought he actually might go in front of some of the other guys that were picked and really thought there was a chance he wouldn’t make it back to me at 3.11. So when 3.11 came and he and Bradshaw were still there, I thought I would gamble since I thought I KNEW Bradshaw wouldn't make it back to 4.06 but Blount might, especially if people are watching what is going on in the other WSL's. So there it is my "sold on"pick this year. In my mind only right now, I have two top 10 WR's and two top 12 RB's. Other considerations: None. Now just snatch up Graham in the 5th and then probably go QB/QB in 6/7.

5.11 Matt Ryan ATL QB 14

F-bomb and finger to Meno (Graham).....Plan B....QB's are starting to fly......after Graham I really don't LOVE any of the TE's even though I know in this format they are like your last couple Viagra. Some guys I think have more big game potential but I thought I would take one of those in the 6th and go with a safer pick in the 5th. So Ryan it is. Not sexy, but safe. Other considerations: thought about Bradford and his weapons and was thinking about trying to get the exact combo that krsone21 ended up with. Might have been able to pull it off if I took Bradford here, but Ryan's safeness won out in the end. This is also when "screw the TE position" started slowly creeping into my system and taking over like it was meth.

(to be continued....gotta go watch my daughter open up a can in some middle school hoops )
You made my decision easier for me at the 5.12 spot. If both Ryan and Bradford were still there I was debating between the two. Like you said Ryan is the safer pick and in my opinion Bradford has the higher upside. Looks like we were both thinking the same in that round.

16.11 BassNBrew (4 hour timer) - Plaxico Burress NY Corrections WR 79

:loco:
I was about to take the chance on him myself
2 1/2 years out of football is a big risk. Its an even bigger risk at 12.01 where I took him in WSL#3. I think he is probably in pretty good shape and will get a shot somewhere. Any WR taken at this point is a long shot anyway and the upside here is higher than most.

What was the deal with Toads??
He Quit in one of the other WSL's because the draft was moving slow and other things, he refused to move forward without a rule book in place so he decided to quit. Kind of the gist of what I got out of the whole thing. Might be more to it then that though.

Users who are viewing this thread