SmoovySmoov

Football Manager

3,239 posts in this topic

When you do transfers in installments, you have to have enough transfer budget to cover the initial payment plus anything else that would come out that season, either the first 12 months or the first 6 months if its January.

So your first offer would've required about 12M in the budget. Second one only 6.5M.

I've only used installments once and it was when I was playing as Red Star and had the chance to sign Alberto Bueno, who should've been way above my level. It feels like a bit of a loophole in the game, but I'm not above using it in certain situations.

I did not know that /Carson

Was in 4th for a good 6 weeks. Solid wins but had only played City(3-4) loss of the big clubs.

Went on to get thrashed by ManU and Arsenal (0-5,1-5) while I beat and drew/drew with Tottenham and Chelsea/Liverpool

Lacking depth to get these signings in, but i've been lucky so far with injuries...no more than one at a time. :nowhammy:

Currently sitting in 6th 7 points back of 4th with a game in hand

Won the Carling Cup, into the second knock out round of the Europa League and face ManU in the Semifinal of the FA cup(RIP)

Brought in an old tactic i haven't used in a while and whoa, it's perfect I guess. After a 1-1 pre-season draw i've reeled off 3 games with scoring at least 3 and winning all. (6-1,4-0,3-1)BRING ON THE PREMIER LEAGUE :ph34r:

The computer AI actually adapts so tactics will eventually lose their effectiveness if you don't consistently mix things up. By the same token, bringing in an old tactic can pay dividends for awhile.
If I'm remembering correctly, the devs deny this. It's more about form and team fatigue.

If I'm remembering correctly, the devs deny this. It's more about form and team fatigue.

Question about form/moral

What causes a guy to have bad moral if the team is winning and he's playing well?

Dembele was on a roll but his moral was awful for a run of 2-3 games.

Just odd to see everyone else with extremely high moral and he was the opposite

ETA: wow do i hate Schwarzer

Edited by The Gator

Question about form/moralWhat causes a guy to have bad moral if the team is winning and he's playing well? Dembele was on a roll but his moral was awful for a run of 2-3 games.

Possibly an international thing - maybe he had a bad game for his country or wasn't called up when he thought he deserved it.

Ended up finishing 6th. That lack of depth really caught up to me towards the end.

Also gave up 39 goals, so my offseason was all about the defense.

IN-

Ross Barkley, CM, £2.5M

Stefan de Vrij, DC, £9M

Lucas Digne, DL, £7M

Nicolas nikoulou, DC/DM £6.5M

Alan Patrick, CM, £11.5

Luis Guilherme, GK, £3M

Sime Vrsaliko, DR, £10M

OOT-

Booby Zamora, £2.8M

Andy Johnson, £2M

Carlos Salcido, £2M

Steve Sidwell, £1M

Bjorn Helge Riise, £2M

Mark Schwarzer, £800K :bye: gtfo

If I can get through this season in the top 6 again, then I'm set. Everyone should be happy.

Babacar, ST 18yo

Lucas, AML 19yo

Ganso, AMC 21yo

Dempsey, AMR 28yo (Dembele 24yo)

Patrick, CM 20yo

Casemiro,DM 19yo

Riise, DL 30yo (Digne 18yo)

de Vrij, DC 19yo

Nkoulou, DC 21yo

Vrsaliko DR 19yo

Stockdale, GK 25yo (Guilherne 19yo)

Never overhauled so much before :popcorn:

Sime Vrsaliko, DR, £10M

Had this guy with Bayern. Awesome player. Got him to back up Lahm and he was so good I eventually moved him over to LB so I could start him.

Sime Vrsaliko, DR, £10M

Had this guy with Bayern. Awesome player. Got him to back up Lahm and he was so good I eventually moved him over to LB so I could start him.

Good to know :thumbup:

Any wonder keepers you've had?

I'm off the juice lately. I might have to load it up for the flight to/from Vegas for a conference coming up next week though.

But I'll just read the Kindle and then gambol whilst in la Vega.

Stockdale, GK 25yo (Guilherme 19yo)

Stockdale might have just gotten Bledsoe'd

He got hurt and Guilherme has come in and kept 6 clean sheets in 8 games

.25 GAA compared to Stockdales .67

:popcorn:

Been indecisive with this game lately, kept changing my mind and starting with new teams. Finally decided to do an Arsenal save and stick with it no matter how many bodies they have to drag off the field.

Off to a great start... 3-0-0 in the league including a thrilling 3-2 upset win at Man City.

In:

AM Ibrahim Afellay, 25, 1.7M

GK Steve Mandanda, 26, 11.25M

RB Sime Vrsaljko, 19, 2.8M

DM Sven Bender, 22, 7M

ST Carlos Fierro, 16, 1.2M

CM Marek Hamsik, 24, 27M (24 month payments)

Out:

GK Manuel Almunia, 2.4M

GK Lukasz Fabianski (Loan)

Going to sell Squillaci and Diaby in January once they're healthy. Maybe some others too. Debated whether to use installments on Hamsik, but I figured it wasn't that financially irresponsible. I'd have the cash by winter, he'd still be my top target then, but he'd be cup tied to Napoli.

Been indecisive with this game lately, kept changing my mind and starting with new teams. Finally decided to do an Arsenal save and stick with it no matter how many bodies they have to drag off the field.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Taking a break from Wolves. I finished top 10 in 2011/12 and reached the fa cup semis. Decided to keep the team pretty much intact year two and add some young potential that could hopefully force a breakthrough in a few years. So I zero in on two targets who appeared to have no issues joining Wolves. All of a sudden Liverpool signs one and the other failed to get a work permit. I did get Rafael to upgrade goalie to go with my steal last year of Giroud who led Wolves in goals.

But losing those players almost made me re start with a giant.

Taking a break from Wolves. I finished top 10 in 2011/12 and reached the fa cup semis. Decided to keep the team pretty much intact year two and add some young potential that could hopefully force a breakthrough in a few years. So I zero in on two targets who appeared to have no issues joining Wolves. All of a sudden Liverpool signs one and the other failed to get a work permit. I did get Rafael to upgrade goalie to go with my steal last year of Giroud who led Wolves in goals.But losing those players almost made me re start with a giant.

Went through my first version of that with FullhamHad an offer in for Davide Santon as his contract was up within 6 months and he had rejected a few offers from wherever he was. He agreed to sign then it pops up later that he accepted an offer to join Liverpool :hot:

Taking a break from Wolves. I finished top 10 in 2011/12 and reached the fa cup semis. Decided to keep the team pretty much intact year two and add some young potential that could hopefully force a breakthrough in a few years. So I zero in on two targets who appeared to have no issues joining Wolves. All of a sudden Liverpool signs one and the other failed to get a work permit. I did get Rafael to upgrade goalie to go with my steal last year of Giroud who led Wolves in goals.But losing those players almost made me re start with a giant.

Went through my first version of that with FullhamHad an offer in for Davide Santon as his contract was up within 6 months and he had rejected a few offers from wherever he was. He agreed to sign then it pops up later that he accepted an offer to join Liverpool :hot:
I've had that happen a few times. I've found that if bigger clubs are in on a player I really want, I can usually still get him if I accept the agent's initial contract demands. If I haggle, they'll eventually say they accept the terms but then sign with the bigger club.

I've had that happen a few times. I've found that if bigger clubs are in on a player I really want, I can usually still get him if I accept the agent's initial contract demands. If I haggle, they'll eventually say they accept the terms but then sign with the bigger club.
That was the upsetting part. The kid had a 4.5 potential after a few rounds of scouting so I didn't try to alter his contract demands. He accepted right away and then a day or two later he signs with Liverpool. I will get over it and get back into year 2 with Wolves soon.

Currently sitting in 3rd with Fulham. I was helped out by exiting the Carling Cup and FA Cups early on. Left only to focus on EPL and EUROPA helped.

Here's my home stretch...oof

Ended up narrowly hanging onto 4th

T

W

L

L

T

Better than what I expected, but third was there for the taking and it got away.

Love the new defense/keeper:

2010/11 - 64for 57against +7

2011/12 - 62for 31against +31

Also brought in Sergio Canales in the January window. I'm a that point now where i might not buy anyone over 18 :unsure:

Babacar- 19

Ganso- 22

Lucas- 19

Patrick- 20

Canales- 21

Casemiro- 20

Riise- 31 (Digne 18)

de Vrij- 20

Nikoulou- 22

Vrsaljko- 20

Guilherme- 19

Finally broke down and bought FM12. Having some problems with some of the graphics. Are there any megapacks anywhere?

Chamakh is second in the league in scoring and just won player of the month for October...

I must be cheating somehow, right?

Chamakh is second in the league in scoring and just won player of the month for October... I must be cheating somehow, right?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Just got a new Chairman at Fulham :unsure:

Never had this happen before, but is it a big deal? He cut ties to one of the affiliated teams and said there will be no investment in the club at this time :mellow:

####ing Citeh

So, is finical fair play a part of FM 12? :unsure:

Ended up beating them 7-2 :eek::shock: Maybe my most proud moment as a fake manager :cry:

Edited by The Gator

Here we go again...28 games in and in 3rd place.

Still can't beat the top teams(United,Chelski,Arsenal), bit have improved on my 0-6/1-5 losses from last year. A couple draws agains them and better scoring(second in league behind Arsenal with 53) has helped.

Made it to the knockout round of the champions league. after a crazy group stage. Was drawn with Bayern and promptly lost to them 1-4/0-3, but made up for it by throttling some weak team 7-0/4-0 and splitting with Celtic.

Drew Malaga and drew 1-1 at home, so have some work to do away.

I kinda like him. Just played Fulham, and about 3 minutes in Walcott shoots right at him and it deflects in off his hands.

Hamsik doing his best to fit in at Arsenal by playing great for a few months, then tearing his hamstring. Out 2-3 months.

Not to be outdone, Vermaelen tore his calf muscle and will miss 3-4 months. Sven Bender also did a nice job of timing his injury perfectly so he could be out while Song is at the African Cup of Nations.

In 3rd through 21 games but it's real close between the top 6.

I kinda like him. Just played Fulham, and about 3 minutes in Walcott shoots right at him and it deflects in off his hands.
:lmao: :lmao:

Hamsik doing his best to fit in at Arsenal by playing great for a few months, then tearing his hamstring. Out 2-3 months.Not to be outdone, Vermaelen tore his calf muscle and will miss 3-4 months.

I know it's Arsenal and all, but do you have your strength/Aerobic too high? I know that when I brought in a really good(4.5*) strength coach, I had to dail back my training level for those two. I instantly got 2 guys with pulled muscles. No issies with pulled muscled since toning them down.

Just wrapped up my third year and man, what a finish. Instead of being in third and struggling to barely hang onto 4th, we end up 2nd!

Finished the year;

Tot- 1-1

MC- 2-2

West Brom- 3-2

Chelsea- 3-0

Liverpool- 6-0 :shock:

Helluva way to end it. Finished tied for 2nd with Chelsea, but get 2nd on GD(7) after outscoring Chel/Pool by 9 in the last two games.

2010/11 - 64for 57against +7

2011/12 - 62for 31against +31

2012/13 - 77for 30 against +47

Top Scorer- Babacar 26(18league) <--- Misses 6 weeks with knee injury :stallion:

Top Assists- Alan Patrick 26(16)

Hamsik doing his best to fit in at Arsenal by playing great for a few months, then tearing his hamstring. Out 2-3 months.Not to be outdone, Vermaelen tore his calf muscle and will miss 3-4 months.

I know it's Arsenal and all, but do you have your strength/Aerobic too high? I know that when I brought in a really good(4.5*) strength coach, I had to dail back my training level for those two. I instantly got 2 guys with pulled muscles. No issies with pulled muscled since toning them down.
I honestly haven't paid enough attention to training so far. Usually just download schedules. That makes sense though... I have two 5* fitness coaches, and Hamsik and Vermaelen aren't exactly your prime suspects for injuries. Any tips on training in general?I get too ADD for this game sometimes. At the start I always swear I'm going to put in lots of time perfecting my tactics, doing my own training schedules, etc. Then I get the urge to play games, just download stuff and start hammering the continue button. Edited by Spartans Rule

Anyone still using FM11, Guilherme has been a fantastic signing. He's 18 at the beginning and has 4* potential for £2.5M.

He's started for me after a few months in 10/11 and has kept a ~.75 con/90 ratio since then in the league.

I'll snag a screen shot when i can kick the wife of the computer <_<

I honestly haven't paid enough attention to training so far. Usually just download schedules. That makes sense though... I have two 5* fitness coaches, and Hamsik and Vermaelen aren't exactly your prime suspects for injuries. Any tips on training in general?
I don't get super into detail like I've seen some training schedules. I have 4:KeepersDefenseMidfieldAttackI rotate DMs between defense and midfield throughout the season. Same with my more attacking wing backs.Defense i have strength set a little higher than aerobic. i think i have aerobic set at the a few notches below the light/medium point and strength a few notches into medium.midfield they are even, just into medium. A lot of focus on tactics and ball control.Attacking is a lot of attacking/shooting and aerobic more trained than strength. Also tweak it a little to my coaches. If i happen to have a better shooting coach than attacking, I'll bump up shooting more. Edited by The Gator

How long does it take for club stature to improve?

Have guys wanting to leave for bigger clubs after we got 2nd and made it to the kock-out stage of the champions league :angry:

ETA: and I just beat the snot out of AC Milan 5-1 in a friendly :coffee:

Edited by The Gator

I'm going to use this post as a :notebook:

Re-did my tactic midway through last season and I'd like to see the numbers behind it-

WON 2-1 (H) Aston Villa- 58% poss, 77% passing

DRAW 2-2 (A) Arsenal- 53% poss, 76% passing

WON 5-0 (A) Newcastle- 57% poss, 76% passing - Lucas 5 goals..boom

WON 1-0 (A) Norwich- 55% poss, 77% passing

DRAW 2-2 (H) Barcelona CL- 65% poss, 86% passing

WON 2-1 (A) Burnley- 58% poss, 77% passing

WON 3-0 (A) Burnley CC- 49% poss, 71% passing - second team

DRAW 1-1 (A) Everton- 52% poss, 76% passing - played 60min with 10

WON 2-0 (A) M. Hafia CL- 55% poss, 77% passing

WON 1-0 (A) Man United- 57% poss, 79% passing - played narrower and with DM

DRAW 2-2 (H) Wolves- 62% poss, 78% passing

WON 6-1 (A) Anzhi CL- 49% poss, 70% passing

WON 3-0 (A) Brighton- 61% poss, 80% passing

WON 2-1 (A) Southampton CC- 60% poss, 74%

WON 5-1 (H) Leicester- 55% poss, 75% passing

WON 2-0 (H) Anzhi CL- 54% poss, 72% passing

WON 5-3 (A) West Ham- 48% poss, 73% passing

WON 3-2 (H) Tottenham- 51% poos, 72% passing- scored 2 in final 6min to win.

WON 2-1 (A) Sunderland- 54% poss, 74% passing

WON 3-2 (A) Barcelona CL- 50% poss, 76% passin- unreal. started 50% backups to save for Chelsea in three days and come from 0-2 down to win. Now with a draw I can get 1st in my group :shock:

DRAW 1-1 (H) Chelsea- 60% poss, 76% passing- equalized in the 92nd

WON 2-0 (H) Chelsea CC- 54% poss, 74% passing

WON 4-0 (A) Blackburn- 55% poss, 75% passing

WON 6-1 (H) M. Haifa CL- 64% poss, 81% passing- Dempsey hat trick

WON 2-0 (H) Liverpool- 61% poss, 79% passing

WON 4-0 (A) West Brom- 56& poss, 75% passing

WON 2-1 (A) Man City- 53% poss, 75% passing

DRAW 1-1 (A) Southampton- 54% poss, 76% passing- conceded in the 93rd :angry:

WON 4-0 (A) Aston Villa- 56% poss, 77% passing

WON 4-0 (A) Cardiff- 57% poss, 76% passing

LOST 0-1 (H) Arsenal- 61% poss, 77% passing- and so it ends

Edited by The Gator

Ready to bump this after that last run I had. Easily the best one i've had doing this considering the club.

Also, wanted to ask this again;

How long does it take for club stature to improve?

Have guys wanting to leave for bigger clubs after we got 2nd and made it to the kock-out stage of the champions league

Vultures are SWARMING

Man U is really starting to annoy me. They knocked me out of the FA Cup, beat me in the League Cup final on penalties, and won the regular season matchup at Old Trafford. Now I drew them in the CL quarterfinals, which I may have to punt to ensure that I get back to the CL (and remain employed at Arsenal).

Have guys wanting to leave for bigger clubs after we got 2nd and made it to the kock-out stage of the champions league :angry:

What sort of perverse version of this game are you playing? :unsure:

In all seriousness, I haven't stuck with a save long enough to figure out about reputation increase. It looked like it was going to be a painfully slow process at Red Star. But that's Serbia. You'd think winning in England and Europe would satisfy the players.

What sort of perverse version of this game are you playing? :unsure:
:bag:

In all seriousness, I haven't stuck with a save long enough to figure out about reputation increase. It looked like it was going to be a painfully slow process at Red Star. But that's Serbia. You'd think winning in England and Europe would satisfy the players.

Well, we'll see. In the CC final and look to be advancing past the first KNOCK Out round of the CL after a 3-0 away win in the first leg.

:blackdot:

gd FA cup replays are KILLING me.

Trying to make a push and keep drawing and forcing more games. :wall:

Man U is really starting to annoy me. They knocked me out of the FA Cup, beat me in the League Cup final on penalties, and won the regular season matchup at Old Trafford. Now I drew them in the CL quarterfinals, which I may have to punt to ensure that I get back to the CL (and remain employed at Arsenal).

The Devs must do this on purpose? Played them in league x2Drew them for the Carling Cup Semi final x2Drew them for the Champions League quarterfinal x2If they beatSunderland, I'll face them in the FA Cup :wall::yucky: