What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mocks Are Us And The 18 Game Season? (1 Viewer)

Toads

Footballguy
I read how this year there are more players placed on IR, more players injured, than every before.

On the surface, the CBA looks like a certainty. It also looks like the expanded season will be a major consideration in the agreement and will most probably be adopted. Which leads me to the logical conclusion (see BSS) that an expanded season will make for a contest of attrition over that span.

The way it is now, picking a team that stays on the field is a major consideration. An expanded season magnifies that concern.

Is it time to expand rosters to 20 for all these drafts?

Just a detail worth considering? :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
really only a second year guy in these things so I know I don't have much mock forum street cred built up, but I would be in favor of the move to 20 in the other leagues as well....I think it makes sense with the upcoming changes......I know with 16 teams the talent pool already starts getting depleted, but really whats wrong with more drafting and more importantly the insight/dialogue that goes along with it......it will help us get a little deeper into the player pool which many of us may need to do this year in our regular leagues anyway....32 more picks/players doesn't seem like a major deal.....might bring more rookies into the equation and that discussion could benefit some dynasty guys, etc....

two cents......

If they do go to 18 games, will there be 2 weeks with no eliminations at the beginning, or more 2 week totals at the end?

It will impact all teams equally. Some of these drafts already span 4-5 weeks. PDSLs are a push to get done by the draft and SSLs are a push to get done by Memorial Day. We already appraoch 115 WRs and 75 RBs drafted. That's plenty of opportunity to get your sleepers. I don't see the need to draft every player on an NFL roster plus every player entering the NFL draft.

Here's some thoughts on the dual bye week deal plus a linkee to the possibility of the NFLPA Boycotting the Rookie Combine:

tp://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=583288&st=0#entry12887890

"War: what is it good for...?...Absolutely nothin!" :jawdrop:

Here's some thoughts on the dual bye week deal plus a linkee to the possibility of the NFLPA Boycotting the Rookie Combine:

tp://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=583288&st=0#entry12887890

"War: what is it good for...?...Absolutely nothin!" :confused:
Toads said:
The MOCKS R US early mocks/survivor drafts would become a thing of the past of there were two bye weeks.
I doubt the WSLs would fold because of two bye weeks. :scared:

"War: what is it good for...?...Absolutely nothin!" :banned:
Toads said:
The MOCKS R US early mocks/survivor drafts would become a thing of the past of there were two bye weeks.
I doubt the WSLs would fold because of two bye weeks. :rolleyes:
This two week bye deal is not as easy as it sounds.First off, it's something that wouldn't happen this year as it would become effective in 2012....that's what I sifted out from reading.

Second, the combinations of player bye conflict is random in WSL's.....for the one week, the way it is now. We're able to sift through and avoid the likely-hood of conference conflict but that's about all. The problem is that the two week proposal does not have a staight line mathmatical relationship to the potential for conflict; it's not double the chance. It's a geometric relationship.....not double the chance but four times (I'd have to back that up with my life insurance actuary but I think that's a correct statement) the chance.

It depends on how they schedule it as to the potential for conflict but I know that the current schedule is a night mare to figure out. Two weeks may not be as simple as it sounds.

It would be a real challenge to pick a team knowing what the two bye weeks were. It would be an exercise in a ton of combinations....if you knew what the combinations were. If I'm right, and you do random combinations, WSL is obsolete and the remaining drafts (where we know the bye weeks) become math exercises.

Especially with short rosters. :tumbleweed:

Users who are viewing this thread