What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Twin Cities guys, need a restaurant recomendations (1 Viewer)

Happy to happen upon this thread... moved to the TC last July (living in SW Mpls) and moving to Como Park area in STP next month. We're always looking for good restaurant recommendations so I may just print this sucker out. :thanks:

Happy to happen upon this thread... moved to the TC last July (living in SW Mpls) and moving to Como Park area in STP next month. We're always looking for good restaurant recommendations so I may just print this sucker out. :thanks:
That's my stomping grounds. Make sure to try Edina Grill if you haven't been there yet. Red Cow is a newer burger/beer joint that is really popular, but I only go for happy hour.

That's my stomping grounds. Make sure to try Edina Grill if you haven't been there yet. Red Cow is a newer burger/beer joint that is really popular, but I only go for happy hour.
Oh - I almost forgot. On the way from the airport on Thursday, we stopped at the 5-8 Club for Juicy Lucys. They were good.

One night I was researching local spots and it was between the Malt Shop and Edina Grill. Malt Shop won out and we have been going there regularly ever since. If we have time before the big move we'll try the Edina Grill - heard it's solid.

I live on Penn just north of 62. Penn's a f'ing mess right now :construction:

One night I was researching local spots and it was between the Malt Shop and Edina Grill. Malt Shop won out and we have been going there regularly ever since. If we have time before the big move we'll try the Edina Grill - heard it's solid.

If you like The Malt Shop and haven't tried Snuffy's Malt Shop then give it a go...I don't think I've ever taken someone there that didn't love their burgers or malts.

If you like The Malt Shop and haven't tried Snuffy's Malt Shop then give it a go...I don't think I've ever taken someone there that didn't love their burgers or malts.
This is a family favorite of ours. The burgers aren't exactly gourmet, but bringing a family, it is definitely tops value-wise.

I work right down the street (Energy Park / Snelling) so I've been there once. Not bad. Will be living even closer (Larpenteur / Dale) so I'm sure it'll be a family fave.

Annual bump.We are taking friends our for their birthday dinner this weekend. They take us out in May or June, we take them out in February or March. We try to find new places no one has experienced yet. I'd like something a little more upscale, as they usually treat us to something a lot nicer than we can typically afford. I think we are wide open location, and cost wise. Below is a list of what has been recommended before, where we have been and where we haven't (these are all recomendations from this thread). This year, as it has been tougher and tougher to find something new for this couple, I'm specifically looking for a) a relatively new restaraunt that has a great reputation so far, or b) something from the first list below that is an absolute must.

Thanks!

Previously recommended, not yet tried:
112 Eatery
Al Vento
Amore Victoria
Bar La Grassa
Barbette
Broders
Cafe Maude
Campiello
Chino Latino (Overpriced and overrated?)
Christos
Jax Cafe
La Grolla
Lucia's
Nicollett Island Inn
Punch
Red Stag Supper Club
Restaurat Alma
Ronally's
Santorini's
W.A. Frost
Yarusso's

Previously recommended, already been:
Forepaugh's
Gasthaus Baravrian Hunter
Happy Gnome
Hells Kitchen
Keys Cafe
Kincaids
Kozlak's Royal Oak
Murrays
Nye's Polonaise
Pazzaluna
Red Stone
St. Paul Grill
Strip Club
Sunsets
Ward 6

The Yardhouse just opened last week in the West End area. 100+ beers on tap and a ridiculously huge menu. We were very happy with the service on their first Saturday and the atmosphere was nice. Between the 4 of us they must have brought us 15 samples. They claim they limit it to 2/person, but our server was trying to find my friends an IPA they had not had and loved. We were also happy with the food (apps especially were outstanding). I'm not usually a left-overs guy, but I ate what remained of my "Adult Mac & Cheese" the next day...normally take home leftovers get tossed two week later.

Annual bump.We are taking friends our for their birthday dinner this weekend. They take us out in May or June, we take them out in February or March. We try to find new places no one has experienced yet. I'd like something a little more upscale, as they usually treat us to something a lot nicer than we can typically afford. I think we are wide open location, and cost wise. Below is a list of what has been recommended before, where we have been and where we haven't (these are all recomendations from this thread). This year, as it has been tougher and tougher to find something new for this couple, I'm specifically looking for a) a relatively new restaraunt that has a great reputation so far, or b) something from the first list below that is an absolute must.

Thanks!

Previously recommended, not yet tried:

Amore Victoria
I think they got a new chef, and it's not nearly as good as it used to be. I've taken it off my recommend list.

Somebody just suggested Red Cow off 50th & France. I'll second that. It's uber popular so wait times can be rather long.

Colossal Cafe was excellent when I went a few weeks ago to the St Paul location (they also have a South Mpls one). I'd still take Campiello in EP over many on that list, you must get the soup if you go (whatever one they offer that day).

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on where they had been already, and where I could get reservations, we settled on Jax Cafe. But I do have a few more to add to the "to do" list so thanks all once again.

Users who are viewing this thread